PDA

View Full Version : drowe mock

drowe
10-02-2007, 12:23 PM
ho-k so, i usually don't do mocks, but i'm getting kinda excited about this draft already and wanted to try it out for my own amusement. some notes
-i don't do trades.
-order is very, very loose. this is more of a way to see how things could fall...i didn't spend much time at all analyzing how teams could finish.
-I <3 criticizm

1-St. Louis-Jake Long--Michigan-Rams really learned how valuable the aging Orlando Pace is this year. They still have firepower on offense, but need to invest in a big ugly to make it click.
2-Miami-Glenn Dorsey-DT-LSU-The Dolphins are in the strange position of deciding between a DT and a S (Phillips) at #2 overall. but, Dorsey addresses a need and is one of the elite DT prospects of the last decade.
3-Atlanta-Brian Brohm-QB-Louisville-NFL Draft rule of thumb has always been; do not pass on a franchise signal caller unless you already have one. This rule applies double if your head coach has already groomed and worked extensively with said QB.
4-Minnesota-Andre Woodson-QB-Kentucky-I think Woodson is the best QB in the draft, and I also think some team is gonna benefit from the Brohm/Petrino marriage when Woodson falls to 'em.
5-Kansas City-Sam Baker-T-USC-in hindsight, paying LJ was a mistake. but, with upgrades to the O-line, they can still make it work.
6-New Orleans-Kenny Phillips-S-Miami-All World Safety could immediately help terrible pass defense.
7-Jets-Darren McFadden-RB-Arkansas-The Jets backfield is an aging, injury prone mess and taking the best offensive playmaker available is a great start.
8-Buffalo-DeSean Jackson-WR-Cal-Any QB will have a hard time succeeding with only one viable recieving target.
9-Dallas (from Cleveland)-Malcolm Jenkins-CB-Ohio State-Cleveland has managed to play pretty well and piss Dallas off in the process. but, pass defense needs some work and they get the best CB in the draft here.
10-Oakland-Sedrick Ellis-DT-USC-Sapp was washed up 4 years ago. this pick should make Burgess and the D-line better.
11-Cincinnati-Calais Campbell-DE-Miami-Good bookend pass rushing DEs will make the whole defense better.
12-Houston-Jonathan Stewart-RB-Oregon-Every year, Houston needs a runner or run blocker and every year they barely miss out on their guy(s). this is the year they could get to pick between an elite RB and a solid OT.
13-Carolina-Chris Long-DE-Virginia-another situation of another talented DE helping a struggling defense.
14-Philadelphia-Gosder Cherilus-OT-Boston College-I admit it; i'm making this pick based on one game. But, did you SEE that game?
15-Arizona-Quentin Groves-DE/OLB-Auburn-Cardinals luck out and land the best 3-4 edge rusher in the draft.

------wow. at this point in the draft i just realized that there are a lot of bad teams in the league this year. really, i'm half way done and i haven't gotten to a lot of teams that i don't think will even sniff the playoffs. detroit, jacksonville, tennessee, denver, detroit, washington, the giants, san fran seattle. WOW. somebody is gonna fall ass backwards into a playoff spot this year. it's like all the talent in the league ended up in New Englad, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Indy or *homer alert, i'm about to mention my home team in the same sentence as the legit contenders* Green Bay.--------

16-Giants-Reggie Smith-CB-Oklahoma-yeah, their pass defense is pretty bad.
17-New England (from San Fran)-James Lauranaitis-LB-Ohio State-they should just forfeit this one too because of how good they are. :)
18-Jacksonville-Matt Ryan-QB-Boston College-David Garrard will never be the answer.
19-San Diego-Antoine Cason-CB-Arizona-on paper, pass defense is their only weakness. too bad they can't draft a coach.
20-Chicago-Colt Brennan-QB-Hawaii-The Bears amazing skills at drafting first round playmakers ruins another promising career.
21-Detroit-DeJuan Tribble-CB-Boston College-see Giant's pick.
22-Baltimore-Tommy Blake-DE/OLB-TCU-Scott says it'd be a perfect fit, and I'll buy that.
23-Denver-Frank Okam-DT-Texas-soooo, i guess Denver is making the playoffs this year. who'd 've thought?
24-Tennessee-Adarius Bowman-WR-Oklahoma State-interest fact about the Titans; none of their WRs actually exist.
25-Seattle-John Carlson-TE-Notre Dame-I really don't think Seattle is this good.
26-Washington-Derreck Harvey-DE-Florida-wow, kinda surprised i made him fall so far.
27-Tampa Bay-Steve Slaton-RB-West Virginia-see what happens when you get to beat up on the NFC South all year.
28-Green Bay-Mike Hart-RB-Michigan-A RB that is at least competent is all that's lacking in 2007 so far.
29-San Fransisco (from Indy)-Ryan Clady-T-Boise State-Offense needs to be built up front.
30-Pittsburgh-Keith Rivers-LB-USC-great value and a team like Pittsburgh can never have too many linebackers
31-Dallas-Lawrence Jackson-DE-USC-i have run out of stuff to say.
32-New England-forfeited

PACKmanN
10-02-2007, 12:27 PM
if were picking that late I would rather take Martin Rucker then Hart.

Travis 24
10-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Eagles ---> Reggie Smith, please.

Turtlepower
10-02-2007, 01:03 PM
List Reggie Smith as a Safety and I will be happy. =D

T-RICH49
10-02-2007, 01:33 PM
5-Kansas City-Sam Baker-T-USC-in hindsight, paying LJ was a mistake. but, with upgrades to the O-line, they can still make it work.

How was paying LJ a mistake?He had had zero holes to run through.And he got 120+ Sunday so it was no mistake

Xiomera
10-02-2007, 01:44 PM
------wow. at this point in the draft i just realized that there are a lot of bad teams in the league this year. really, i'm half way done and i haven't gotten to a lot of teams that i don't think will even sniff the playoffs. detroit, jacksonville, tennessee, denver, detroit, washington, the giants, san fran seattle.

You listed Detroit twice . . . what are you trying to say about us? Don't make your insult encrypted, lol. We know we aren't this good yet.

I think I might prefer a DE instead.

BuckNaked
10-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Love the Woodson pick.

thebow305
10-02-2007, 02:15 PM
hate the phins pick, he doesnt fit in a 3-4. There are so many picks that I'm ok with and you pick the worst possible one, go back to the drawing board buddy.

skinzzfan25
10-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Likin the draft spot and the pick, nice mock :)

drowe
10-02-2007, 03:03 PM
hate the phins pick, he doesnt fit in a 3-4. There are so many picks that I'm ok with and you pick the worst possible one, go back to the drawing board buddy.

you're right...i forgot the dolphins only make picks that make sense. so, how's Ted Ginn working out? :)

drowe
10-02-2007, 03:06 PM
You listed Detroit twice . . . what are you trying to say about us? Don't make your insult encrypted, lol. We know we aren't this good yet.

I think I might prefer a DE instead.

yes, that was a mistake.......or maybe it was freudian...

TitanHope
10-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Good pick with WR. Really, you can throw in any WR for Tennessee and people will approve. Bowman is one of my favorite WR's this year, too. I laughed when I read the, "Titans WR's don't exist" comment.

Vikes99ej
10-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Good Vikings pick.

skinzzfan25
10-02-2007, 05:20 PM
------wow. at this point in the draft i just realized that there are a lot of bad teams in the league this year. really, i'm half way done and i haven't gotten to a lot of teams that i don't think will even sniff the playoffs. detroit, jacksonville, tennessee, denver, detroit, washington, the giants, san fran seattle. WOW. somebody is gonna fall ass backwards into a playoff spot this year. it's like all the talent in the league ended up in New Englad, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Indy or *homer alert, i'm about to mention my home team in the same sentence as the legit contenders* Green Bay.--------

26-Washington-Derreck Harvey-DE-Florida-wow, kinda surprised i made him fall so far.

Don't sniff the playoffs, but pick 26th? :|

bearfan
10-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I wouldnt take Brennan. I would take Clady, or trade up for Baker. I also dont see us drafting anywhere near 20

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Sapp isnt what he used to be but he did have double digit sacks last year.I dont get how Ellis helps our Oline I assume its a typo.
I think with the lack of pressure coming from the RDE spot Calais is the most likely pick here.

neko4
10-02-2007, 06:28 PM
As i said in BF51's draft, Im more concerned w/ depth/age at CB since all our RB's are young, but hart is my fave RB this year so either way im happy in this sit

thebow305
10-02-2007, 06:54 PM
you're right...i forgot the dolphins only make picks that make sense. so, how's Ted Ginn working out? :)

what a dumb statement. Oh good one, it's only been 4 games. But yeah I guess you're right. Why would you even bother?

GB12
10-02-2007, 07:18 PM
I really don't want Hart, at least not in the first. If he's there in the third or maybe late second he's worth a shot, but I would definitely not use a first rounder on him.

Crow
10-02-2007, 11:30 PM
10-Oakland-Sedrick Ellis-DT-USC-Sapp was washed up 4 years ago. this pick should make Burgess and the O-line better.
Great pick, horrible explanation.

Caddy
10-03-2007, 02:34 AM
I think it is a little pre-mature to say the Buc's need a first round RB. Cadillac will be back and even if he can only play at half capacity next year Pittman/Graham can pick up the slack.

If then the team deems him not an adequate starter, then look for a new RB.

drowe
10-03-2007, 07:21 AM
what a dumb statement. Oh good one, it's only been 4 games. But yeah I guess you're right. Why would you even bother?

and, who would you like for the dolphins with that pick? ask, and ye shall recieve.

d34ng3l021
10-03-2007, 01:32 PM
First of all, the way Harrington is playing at this moment, we might not need a first round QB. In that case, we would go BPA with McFadden.

And second of all, I like Woodson better than Brohm.

Addict
10-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Clady to the niners is not a viable idea to me, they picked staley to play LT in the long run, and I think they have plenty of other concerns to adress before picking another LT prospect.

drowe
10-03-2007, 06:22 PM
hah, not gonna lie...i forgot about joe staley.

Mr. Stiller
10-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Drowe,

Rivers is a great LB.. but he's basically going to have the same job as Lawrence Timmons. No reason to draft 2 Mack ILB's in back to back years.