PDA

View Full Version : Josh Johnson..

Travis 24
10-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Has anyone actually seen a San Diego game, and can give some legit info on this guy??...His numbers are absolutely ridiculous..passer rating over 240, almost 2000 pass yards, 16 td's, 0 picks...in 3 games. I know its FCS (IAA)...but damn...can't deny what he has done.

I've heard questions about his arm strength..and he looks frail..but I've heard also that he has a surprisngly strong arm for a guy his size...

Brent
10-02-2007, 07:37 PM
there was a thread for him before with some stuff about him, just look back a couple pages

myinnerself
10-05-2007, 12:46 PM
I work for the USD football team and work both practices and games, so I see him play just about every day. I'm telling you right now, the only knock against him is that he needs to bulk up. There are NO questions about his arm strength, he has a cannon. He is a great athlete with good speed and mobility for a quarterback. He has great pocket awareness and his teammates like him. The best thing about him is that he is very very football smart. He'll talk with defensive coaches after a play to double check the coverage they were in and he always KNOWS. That seems simple, but he always finds the open man and almost never ever makes dumb throws. I'm telling you right now this kid can flat out play. Every week NFL scouts are watching him play, and just on Wednesday 4 NFL scouts were there in one day.

yourfavestoner
10-05-2007, 03:04 PM
My roommate played football at USD last year. Johnson is a legitimate pro prospect, trust me.

SuperKevin
10-06-2007, 01:25 AM
i haven't been to a USD game yet this year but I'm looking to go to one soon. Do they play at Qualcomm also, or is that just SDSU?

myinnerself
10-06-2007, 01:10 PM
i haven't been to a USD game yet this year but I'm looking to go to one soon. Do they play at Qualcomm also, or is that just SDSU?

They play at Torero Stadium on campus at USD. It's a great little, intimate football stadium. Tickets are dirt cheap too.

SuperKevin
10-06-2007, 01:12 PM
They play at Torero Stadium on campus at USD. It's a great little, intimate football stadium. Tickets are dirt cheap too.

I looked that up this morning. 10 dollar tickets are not bad at all. Maybe I'll go to the Jacksonville game next Saturday.

myinnerself
10-08-2007, 11:38 AM
I looked that up this morning. 10 dollar tickets are not bad at all. Maybe I'll go to the Jacksonville game next Saturday.

This Saturday is the marquee match up of the year, as they are playing Drake at home. Go to that game, because it will be a goodie. Drake is the only team in the league that can play with us, and it'll be a good test. Should be a great football game, I'll be there on the sideline, I'm excited.

SuperKevin
10-08-2007, 11:54 AM
This Saturday is the marquee match up of the year, as they are playing Drake at home. Go to that game, because it will be a goodie. Drake is the only team in the league that can play with us, and it'll be a good test. Should be a great football game, I'll be there on the sideline, I'm excited.

Ok. It's the day after my birthday so I'll treat myself to the game. I'm really interested in seeing DE Eric Bakhtari(sp?), the D1-AA leader in sacks and TFLs

myinnerself
10-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Ok. It's the day after my birthday so I'll treat myself to the game. I'm really interested in seeing DE Eric Bakhtari(sp?), the D1-AA leader in sacks and TFLs

E-Bak is a BEAST. He was a guy who came in here and was a late bloomer, and grew to be a big man in his 4 years here, not just in strength but a few inches taller. He can play and has a motor. Also check out WR Wes Doyle #1 and Sophomore CB Gabe Derricks #4, these kids can really play, and our WR coach who coached as a WR coach in the NFL for the Bengals and Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmanzadeh thinks Doyle at least has a shot at the league. He has amazing hands, and is a pretty darn good athlete. The whole USD team is pretty loaded with talent for this level of play, they are a great bunch to watch, and consider USD is non-scholarship they are all great kids because you essentially have 95 walk ons on the team, who are playing football just because they love it.

SuperKevin
10-08-2007, 04:07 PM
E-Bak is a BEAST. He was a guy who came in here and was a late bloomer, and grew to be a big man in his 4 years here, not just in strength but a few inches taller. He can play and has a motor. Also check out WR Wes Doyle #1 and Sophomore CB Gabe Derricks #4, these kids can really play, and our WR coach who coached as a WR coach in the NFL for the Bengals and Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmanzadeh thinks Doyle at least has a shot at the league. He has amazing hands, and is a pretty darn good athlete. The whole USD team is pretty loaded with talent for this level of play, they are a great bunch to watch, and consider USD is non-scholarship they are all great kids because you essentially have 95 walk ons on the team, who are playing football just because they love it.

Yeah I've heard a lot about Wes Doyle. I like his size at 6'4" 205 but I don't think he's that fast(granted I haven't seen him play)

Hey think you can get me down on the field?

bored of education
10-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Herm Edwards will probably draft him. SDSU Alum also JEFF WEBB zomgz! qb of future!

SuperKevin
10-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Herm Edwards will probably draft him. SDSU Alum also JEFF WEBB zomgz! qb of future!

Josh Johnson doesn't play for SDSU

bored of education
10-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Wait am I slow, seriously. Did he transfer?

myinnerself
10-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Yeah I've heard a lot about Wes Doyle. I like his size at 6'4" 205 but I don't think he's that fast(granted I haven't seen him play)

Hey think you can get me down on the field?

Sorry, but that's a no. BUT, it's a real small stadium and you can walk around the whole place and get real close to the action. Come an hour before the game and you can catch warm ups and you can see Josh's armstrength and Wes's hands and speed.

myinnerself
10-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Wait am I slow, seriously. Did he transfer?

He always has gone to USD, the University of San Diego. He never attended San Diego State University.

bored of education
10-08-2007, 04:53 PM
I am wrong again

yourfavestoner
10-08-2007, 07:09 PM
He always has gone to USD, the University of San Diego. He never attended San Diego State University.

I'm really pissed that Big B quit the team.