PDA

View Full Version : early doucet or dwayne bowe

shawn
10-02-2007, 02:29 PM
i'm sure this has been asked before, but i figure it would take less time to just ask again rather then search through hundreds of pages looking for it.

so who's better?

toonsterwu
10-02-2007, 02:38 PM
who's better? I still prefer Dwayne Bowe. That said, who's a better prospect is a much tighter story and a case can be made for Doucet.

d34ng3l021
10-02-2007, 02:38 PM
What he said

geaux tigers
10-02-2007, 03:08 PM
I've watched every LSU game for years now, and for me its D-Bowe.

Bigger, better red zone threat, better blocker.

foozball
10-02-2007, 03:13 PM
bowe...his physicality is intimidating as a WR

geaux tigers
10-02-2007, 03:19 PM
i dont see Doucet being a 1st rounder after an injury ridden senior yr. He's already missed 3 games and possibly more.

Pit Bull #53
10-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Bowe has an attitude and swagger that I love. He can dominate CB's and he knows it. He plays fast and he's good in the red zone.

Nothing seems to really stand out to me about Doucet. He seems to be well rounded, and maybe that will make him a great player, but I don't know. Anyone have any legitimate guesses on his 40 time?

DeathbyStat
10-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Bowe reminds me of a younger faster and bigger Hines Ward

Travis 24
10-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Bowe looks incredible so far...so asking who the better player is, Bowe by a mile...Doucet can't even stay on the field.

Staubach12
10-02-2007, 04:48 PM
They're both great prospects, but Id take Bowe. I had him as the #2 reciever prospect last year. However, Doucet is very close behind. He's also big and physical, but he has more big play speed. It's very very close.

10-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Bowe looks incredible so far...so asking who the better player is, Bowe by a mile...Doucet can't even stay on the field.

exactly when both bowe and doucet played together at LSU bowe was the #1 guy and doucet wasnt even starting (backing up craig davis)

P-L
10-02-2007, 05:15 PM
I love Dwayne Bowe, he's got everything you need in a receiver and is the total package. I like Doucet, but I'm not as high on him as I was Bowe.

shawn
10-02-2007, 06:45 PM
how would you guy's rank these three? here's what i think personally

1. bowe
2. doucet
3. davis

10-02-2007, 06:52 PM

1. bowe
2. doucet
3. davis

no doubt doucet is a lot better than craig davis its just theres no comparison between bowe and doucet

toonsterwu
10-02-2007, 06:58 PM

1. bowe
2. doucet
3. davis

Prospect or potential NFL? The former I'd agree with that, depending on Doucet's health. The latter I would go Bowe/Davis/Doucet. I was big on Davis as well, as I thought his mistakes were correctable in many respects, and the raw physical talent was tempting. There's just something about Doucet that makes me think he won't be a star.

Relative to prospect status, it'll all come down to health and times though. Particularly at a position like WR where players can rise and drop so rapidly.

no love
10-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Dwayne Bowe reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin. If I were a cb I would be very, very afraid =P

SenorGato
10-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Bowe has an attitude and swagger that I love. He can dominate CB's and he knows it. He plays fast and he's good in the red zone.

Nothing seems to really stand out to me about Doucet. He seems to be well rounded, and maybe that will make him a great player, but I don't know. Anyone have any legitimate guesses on his 40 time?

Exactly. Bowe's attitude is that of an elite reciever...so are his physical skills.

If you're an athlete and you know think and know you're good...and you have the physical tools that match it you probably end up better than "good."

Bowe's potential is great to me. He's got the TO/Andre Johnson body type, and he runs hard after the catch. My favorite kind of WR.

constant cough
10-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Doucet is pretty physical himself. Just cause he's not as tall or doesn't weigh as much as Bowe doesn't mean he's not as strong. Word is he benches more than Bowe did at LSU.

Doucet may drop some because of his injury but his stock will be back up once he tears it up at the combine. If he does drop out of the 1st round he'll make somebody a steal.

Staubach12
10-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Exactly. Bowe's attitude is that of an elite reciever...so are his physical skills.

If you're an athlete and you know think and know you're good...and you have the physical tools that match it you probably end up better than "good."

Bowe's potential is great to me. He's got the TO/Andre Johnson body type, and he runs hard after the catch. My favorite kind of WR.

I said a thousand times before the draft that Bowe is the kind of physical speciman and jus tthe type of player that really reminds me of Owens.

SenorGato
10-03-2007, 11:15 PM
I said a thousand times before the draft that Bowe is the kind of physical speciman and jus tthe type of player that really reminds me of Owens.

Yea, I liked him that much last year too.

His playing style, physical attributes, and confidence are similar to some of the best WRs in the game today.

swagger
10-04-2007, 01:17 AM
I think the real debate is Doucet vs Davis.

Scott Wright
10-04-2007, 02:36 AM
Definitely Bowe in my opinion, at least at this point.

As swagger said, the reason debate is between Davis or Doucet.

Wyndham
10-04-2007, 08:10 AM
I'd liken (not say he is as good as, or will be) Bowe to Owens and Boldin - not Hines Ward, even a "bigger and faster" Hines Ward. He's much more of a pure receiver, ala Owens. He's tough as hell and amazing after the catch. Not only will he plow over you but he will juke you out of your cleats (just ask Drayton Florence).

But most underrated of all (which is why I'd say Owens and not Ward)? His speed. He's fast. He didn't blitz the overrated 40-yard dash, but he plays on the football field like he runs in the 4.3's.

YAYareaRB
10-04-2007, 09:33 AM
exactly when both bowe and doucet played together at LSU bowe was the #1 guy and doucet wasnt even starting (backing up craig davis)

LSU runs a lot of 3 Wide sets, so he saw a lot of playing time. To me Dwayne Bowe was clearly the starter. The second spot was a toss up, but probably went to Davis for being a senior.

YAYareaRB
10-04-2007, 09:37 AM
No to mention, He's a very good route runner.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Staubach, I said the exact same thing. He reminds me so much of T.O.

theogt
10-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Bowe reminds me of a younger faster and bigger Hines WardNo way. If he compares to anyone it's Terrell Owens. They even have the same posture in the stance and run exactly the same. It's almost uncanny how similar they are.