PDA

View Full Version : Tulane RB Matt Forte

SugarSean
10-02-2007, 05:08 PM
I think the huge numbers that he put up against my school two weeks ago didn't really raise too many eyebrows b/c my school is 1-AA (SE-Louisiana). But he did rush for over 300 yards and 5 tds which is very good considering Tulane is not a powerhouse even against 1-AA competition. Last week, though, against LSU he had 84 total yards and he left an impression on many of the people that I talked to that attended the game. Tulane's coaches have already went on record saying that he's the most talented back that has ever come through their school. I'd like to know what you guys' thoughts are on him. Maybe even get Scott's opinion on the subject if he reads this.

diabsoule
10-02-2007, 05:15 PM
He looks very good. I don't know what kind of press he will get because of the school he goes to.

Also, I go to SLU as well.

Windy
10-02-2007, 05:17 PM
very underrated. he's a better prospect than mewelde moore was imo. if only the greenwave had a passing game, the team would be decent.

SugarSean
10-02-2007, 05:28 PM
He looks very good. I don't know what kind of press he will get because of the school he goes to.

Also, I go to SLU as well.

Oh ****, another SLU student. That's tight. I grew up with Matt in Slidell and I'd like to see him stay healthy and get a shot at the next level.

By the way, I think everybody can agree that we have the most intimidating stadium name...Strawberry Stadium. haha.

draftguru151
10-02-2007, 07:11 PM
He looked pretty good against LSU. Big back, pretty good burst. His competition is definitely gonna hurt him though, the post season bowls are really gonna help/hurt him depending on how he does.

V. Young
10-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Hes definetly tall for a back. I think hes pretty dang good. But I like the more underrated players. Most people just jump on the bandwagon and choose mcfadden hes good too but I dont hype on him like the others.

Windy
10-20-2007, 10:48 PM
38 carries 342 yards 4 touchdowns against SMU. he's the new rushing leader now.

SugarSean
10-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Does Forte have any chance at winning any post season awards, like the Doak Walker?