PDA

View Full Version : LSU vs. Flordia

TouchdownUSC
10-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Who do you think will win? Personally, im going with Florida. i think they will be out to prove something after losing last week.

OhioState
10-02-2007, 05:40 PM
i'm sticking with LSU, i just can't see them droping such a big game. I think that if/when they fall it will be to a decent team who is struggling, kinda like Auburn did to Florida

Komp
10-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Tough call. I'm a Florida fan so I'll obviously be rooting for the Gators but LSU looks strong and I don't know whether we can run the ball on them. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but LSU is one of the 3-4 teams in the nation that has the athletes to matchup with our WR's. This combined with Death Valley at night will probably be too much. If Florida can pull this out, it will be Meyer's gameplan/playcalling that does it. Lets go with LSU edging my boys out 24-20.

Michigan
10-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Florida's offense is pretty mediocre outside of Tebow and Harvin. I think LSU's defense can shut down the passing game and force Florida to rely on their shaky ground game. Florida's defense is very solid but inexperienced, while LSU's offense is full of seniors. I'll take LSU 21-10

P-L
10-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I like LSU at home in this one.

princefielder28
10-02-2007, 06:10 PM
LSU is the complete package and Florida is coming off a rough loss

BerninWI
10-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I like Flordia :)

Florida's loss v. Auburn should relieve the tension of vying for an MNC temporarily, so they can play with controlled aggression and focus, instead of nervousness. Also, they should have confidence against this particular opponent. Last week's outcomes in major head to head match ups pretty much resembled the outcomes in '06 (Auburn over Florida and KSU over Texas). Tebow is capable of stretching the field horizontally, vertically, and can also power the football. Therefore, LSU's athletes are going to have many different styles to stop. They will have to stop Florida, not just contain; because LSU's offense has been anemic at times. The Gators are talented enough to make LSU's offense struggle for 4 quarters and capitalize on mistakes.

Gators. LSU is not going thru the SEC undefeated.

neko4
10-02-2007, 07:03 PM
I like both of these teams better than any in the nation to be 1 and 2. But i'll pick Florida because Percy is Bush+God, not good reasoning but w/e

SeanTaylorRIP
10-02-2007, 07:19 PM
My pick is Florida, Flynn is average at best IMO and Harvey and crew will give him trouble all day, running game will be a test though, they can stop Jacob Hester but maybe not Williams, but for sure LSU's WR speed will not trouble the speedy Florida team. Percy Harvin will blow up on returns, reverses, and have 5+ catches, while Tebow will run it 40 times, and thats not an exaggeration.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Im not a fan of either but I hope Florida wins so Cal can move up to #2.

TouchdownUSC
10-02-2007, 07:42 PM
i think Tebow will have a big game. if it isn't passing the ball it will be running the ball. Although Florida doesn't have that spectacular of running backs i still think they will have trouble with Tebow's legs and Tebow getting the ball to Harvin. Im taking Florida by a field goal

LonghornsLegend
10-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I gotta go with LSU, otherwise, the NC matchup isnt looking exciting with OU and LSU losing...

the best matchup for the NC game, never ends up happening the way we want it to though

soybean
10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
i think Tebow will have a big game. if it isn't passing the ball it will be running the ball. Although Florida doesn't have that spectacular of running backs i still think they will have trouble with Tebow's legs and Tebow getting the ball to Harvin. Im taking Florida by a field goal

Tebow's not a scrambler though, he's a powerback? no way he runs through the LSU D-Line, though I wish he could/would.

TigerBait45
10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Should be a hell of a game. Florida's going to come out and give it everything they have, but so will LSU.

LSU's defense is the real deal, so I don't expect Florida to score a bunch..especially since its a night game in Baton Rouge.

I'll take LSU 17-10.

Namy
10-03-2007, 01:30 AM
I see Florida taking control early but LSU adjusting and taking control quickly afterwards. LSU will not allow Tebow to beat them rushing. He will have to beat LSU thru the air, and I can see him having a multi-INT game.

JagHombre22
10-04-2007, 04:40 AM
Florida faced pretty much the same defense last season...and exactly the same front four so I think they can get the job done 27-21...

TigerBait45
10-04-2007, 01:18 PM
It is pretty much the same defense, I guess, but it looks better than it did last year. Florida lost a bunch, too.

Thats the difference.

Sniper
10-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Florida? LSU? LSU? Florida? AHHHHHHHHH so many damn options! I honestly flipped a coin and got LSU.

Geo
10-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Ah yes, the fair kingdom of Flordia, where horses run free and the maidens are delightful.

I pick LSU, their offense is better than Florida's defense.

Komp
10-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Ah yes, the fair kingdom of Flordia, where horses run free and the maidens are delightful.

I pick LSU, their offense is better than Florida's defense.

haha....that is funny

saintsfan912
10-05-2007, 08:59 PM
It is pretty much the same defense, I guess, but it looks better than it did last year. Florida lost a bunch, too.

Thats the difference.

So I guess an extra year together and more training means nothing to you? Please. LSU will win, and win big. Gameday there for the 2nd time already, LSU ready to avenge last years abomination, and Matt Flynn healthy again.

LSU hasn't even shown their whole offense yet and that's scary. Why show the playbook to UF against far inferior teams?

Oh yea, this is Mike VI's first game in Tiger Stadium. Night game, 200,000 LSU fans will be there all day. Close to 100,000 in the game. I am gonna be there at 6 AM, its gonna be a glorious day for us Tiger fans!

By the way, I predict LSU goes 6 for 6 in putting starting QBs out of the game in this one. Tebow CANNOT run against this defense, it won't happen. He will get hurt, this isn't Auburn. This is a real defense that hits, and hits hard. 6 for 6, mark it down.

elway777
10-05-2007, 09:35 PM
I can't wait for Florida to show the flaws in LSU.

terribletowel39
10-05-2007, 09:36 PM
I can't wait for Florida to show the flaws in LSU.
yea.....the ones they don't have.....pppsshhhh. by the way....your sig needs changing.

elway777
10-05-2007, 09:42 PM
yea.....the ones they don't have.....pppsshhhh. by the way....your sig needs changing.

SC is still the best football team in land, I see no need for a changing. If you really think LSU has no flaws your mistaken, though I'm assuming that's sarcasm.

RyanLeaf#1
10-06-2007, 07:58 AM
I cant wait until this game 11 hours away. Just sucks they are on the same time as my Irish.

paladin
10-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Florida. Just so there's more Top-10 chaos this season.

yourfavestoner
10-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Tim Tebow will destroy anything in his path tonight.

soybean
10-06-2007, 06:50 PM
If I was tebow's girlfriend i would just be like "if you win... you get these..."

Shane P. Hallam
10-06-2007, 07:04 PM
If I was tebow's girlfriend i would just be like "if you win... you get these..."

WTF? Anyways, Florida takes it. They get up early, and end up winning. No one in the SEC will go undefeated.

soybean
10-06-2007, 07:37 PM
WTF? Anyways, Florida takes it. They get up early, and end up winning. No one in the SEC will go undefeated.

http://www.orangeandbluehue.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/Tebow.jpg

BigJohn98
10-06-2007, 08:19 PM
SC is still the best football team in land, I see no need for a changing. If you really think LSU has no flaws your mistaken, though I'm assuming that's sarcasm.

They sure look like the best right now.:rolleyes:

Shane P. Hallam
10-06-2007, 08:31 PM
LSU scores after a long drive, it is a ballgame.

sweetness34
10-06-2007, 08:54 PM

Oh the things I would do to Tebow's girlfriend...Oh wait, I'm not supposed to say that. Whoops! :D

She's hott though, damn. And even though Timmy is a bit annoying on the field, he's really, really good.

yourfavestoner
10-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Tebow makes Chuck Norris look like a little *****.

Geo
10-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Not having Early Doucet is hurting LSU.

Shane P. Hallam
10-06-2007, 08:56 PM
She could kill someone with those. I'm not enthused.

P-L
10-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Not having Early Doucet is hurting LSU.

Yeah, I almost lost count to how many times Brandon LaFell has dropped the ball.

LonghornsLegend
10-06-2007, 09:44 PM

+rep, ive seen that pic plenty of times but it always brings a smile to my face every time i see her cannons :)

This game is pretty crazy, athletes everywhere, so much speed on teh field

saintsfan912
10-06-2007, 11:41 PM

Man, SC surely looked like the best team in the country, hahahaha. Getting beat by a trashy Stanford team must really hurt. Pitiful.

terribletowel39
10-07-2007, 04:18 PM
still think that?? that was one of the best games i have ever watched live or through the tube. LSU is #1 but UF should be #2. that was one hell of a game.

JagHombre22
10-07-2007, 04:22 PM
UF had that game until midway through the fourth...their defense just sortof gave up...Tebow made some mistakes along the way but nothing that gave the game away...it's what you call a "good loss"....

Sniper
10-07-2007, 06:14 PM
LSU is #1 but UF should be #2. that was one hell of a game.

With two losses? Um, no.

diabsoule
10-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh the things I'd do to Tebow's girlfriend. Damn.

killa3312
10-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Man, SC surely looked like the best team in the country, hahahaha. Getting beat by a trashy Stanford team must really hurt. Pitiful.

You knock out Tebow yet? It's funny that people continually think he can't take the hits, and yet, he always proves them wrong. All defenses hit hard, there isn't anything magical that makes LSU's hit so much harder.

saintsfan912
10-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Nobody said its magical, its just LSUs defense is the best in the country. And the faster you run, the harder you hit, its just physics. And yea, LSU's defense is that damn fast. Is that all you have to come up with, the Tebow comment? At least LSU beat ANOTHER top 10 team while SC lost to the worst team in the Crap 10.

Sniper
10-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Nobody said its magical, its just LSUs defense is the best in the country. And the faster you run, the harder you hit, its just physics. And yea, LSU's defense is that damn fast. Is that all you have to come up with, the Tebow comment? At least LSU beat ANOTHER top 10 team while SC lost to the worst team in the Crap 10.

Crap 10? Oh man you're hilarious. The Crap 10's own Cal smoked the SEC's Tennessee this season. Oregon is a top 10 team, Cal is the #2 team. USC is good but needed a wake up call. The Pac-10 is very good this year.

P-L
10-08-2007, 06:06 PM
The "Crap 10" has more top 10 teams than the SEC.

Flyboy
10-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Oh the things I'd do to Tebow's girlfriend. Damn.

I thought I heard that was his sister. Whichever.

terribletowel39
10-08-2007, 06:48 PM
you can look at it from two different ways. the fact that the Pac-10 has more Top 10 teams than the SEC because those teams in the top 10 are better than the teams that are not in the top 10 for the SEC or you can look at it as, overall there are better teams in the SEC which is the reason that FL lost to Auburn which is the reason TN beat GA and some of the others that happen. i don't know if that made any sense but yea.

killa3312
10-08-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm not a USC fan at all, I just think it's funny that people ALWAYS say Tebow will get knocked out, and he still hasn't even tweaked an ankle. Either knock him out, or just shush up about it. Sheesh.

Sniper
10-08-2007, 08:14 PM
you can look at it from two different ways. the fact that the Pac-10 has more Top 10 teams than the SEC because those teams in the top 10 are better than the teams that are not in the top 10 for the SEC or you can look at it as, overall there are better teams in the SEC which is the reason that FL lost to Auburn which is the reason TN beat GA and some of the others that happen. i don't know if that made any sense but yea.

Which is what a typical SEC fan would say. But Tennessee got the ******* piss kicked out of them by Cal, who coindicentally is in the Pac-10. The Pac-10 is damn good this year. According to SEC logic, the Pac-10 is a ******* deep league because it's worst team beat arguably its best on paper. I'm so sick of hearing how "deep" the SEC is it's ridiculous. If that's the logic, the Big 10 is incredibly "deep" this year because Illinois just beat then #5 Wisconsin, Michigan beat then #10 Penn State, Ohio State's playing like, well, Ohio State usually does. Then, what if Purdue beats Michigan but Michigan beats Illinois and somehow beats OSU? People will say "the Big 10 is mediocre" but if the SEC does this it's "OMGZZZZZZZ SEC RULEZZZZZZZZZ DEPTH SPEED SPEED AND DUMBASS STUDENTSSSSSSSSSS!"

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
10-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Which is what a typical SEC fan would say. But Tennessee got the ******* piss kicked out of them by Cal, who coindicentally is in the Pac-10. The Pac-10 is damn good this year. According to SEC logic, the Pac-10 is a ******* deep league because it's worst team beat arguably its best on paper. I'm so sick of hearing how "deep" the SEC is it's ridiculous. If that's the logic, the Big 10 is incredibly "deep" this year because Illinois just beat then #5 Wisconsin, Michigan beat then #10 Penn State, Ohio State's playing like, well, Ohio State usually does. Then, what if Purdue beats Michigan but Michigan beats Illinois and somehow beats OSU? People will say "the Big 10 is mediocre" but if the SEC does this it's "OMGZZZZZZZ SEC RULEZZZZZZZZZ DEPTH SPEED SPEED AND DUMBASS STUDENTSSSSSSSSSS!"

I'd say that the gap between the SEC and other major conferences is shrinking... but the SEC is still the best (and deepest) conference this year (yet again).

By the way, Cal beat Tennessee at home, a game which they were SUPPOSED TO win. Nothing shocking there. I don't know if I'd use the term "kicked the piss out of" when describing Cal's win, either. A 2 TD win is a comfortable win indeed, but it wasn't a beatdown or anything. Tennessee "kicked the piss out of" Cal last season at home... actually, if you take away Cal's garbage time TD the score was 35-11 last season. That's a beat down, and Cal was supposed to win that game too.

Sniper
10-09-2007, 11:33 AM
I'd say that the gap between the SEC and other major conferences is shrinking... but the SEC is still the best (and deepest) conference this year (yet again).

By the way, Cal beat Tennessee at home, a game which they were SUPPOSED TO win. Nothing shocking there. I don't know if I'd use the term "kicked the piss out of" when describing Cal's win, either. A 2 TD win is a comfortable win indeed, but it wasn't a beatdown or anything. Tennessee "kicked the piss out of" Cal last season at home... actually, if you take away Cal's garbage time TD the score was 35-11 last season. That's a beat down, and Cal was supposed to win that game too.

No one's ever supposed to beat the SEC. Why, they're the greatest conference in the history of pro or college football! It was a "comfortable" 2 TD win, but if you actually watched the game and thought Tennessee had a chance, you're delusional.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
10-09-2007, 11:54 AM
No one's ever supposed to beat the SEC. Why, they're the greatest conference in the history of pro or college football! It was a "comfortable" 2 TD win, but if you actually watched the game and thought Tennessee had a chance, you're delusional.

Uh... at halftime and heading into the fourth quarter, Cal was only up by 10. Are you really trying to tell me that Tennessee had no chance of winning that game? Cal didn't beat the piss out of Tennessee man, it was a very good win but it certainly was a close enough game.

Sniper
10-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Uh... at halftime and heading into the fourth quarter, Cal was only up by 10. Are you really trying to tell me that Tennessee had no chance of winning that game? Cal didn't beat the piss out of Tennessee man, it was a very good win but it certainly was a close enough game.

Michigan lost to Ohio State by 3 points last year. Was I at any time honestly convinced they would come back? Nope. It's not all in the points. Cal was abusing UT physically.

Komp
10-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Lets go with LSU edging my boys out 24-20.

Hey I was close....

Hopefully the Gators will get another crack at LSU in the SEC Champ...

Komp
10-09-2007, 09:46 PM
And in terms of depth...the Pac 10 just might be the 2nd best conference in the nation. Cal, USC, and Oregon can stick with any SEC team, but I will take Arkansas and Tennessee [2nd last team in each division] over anyone outside of the big three in the Pac 10. Same with Kentucky, South Carolina and Georgia. It's tough to argue with the SEC when it comes to depth. Guess once again we will know come bowl time...

LonghornsLegend
10-09-2007, 10:38 PM

well the SEC is deep, and not only that, look at the coaching in the SEC which is by far superior to every other conference...when you take middle of the pack teams like south carolina and alabama and give them the type of head coaches they have, it evens the pack alot, and those guys start to recruit as much as the powerhouses...Kentucky has andre woodsoon making that team a threat to beat anyone...

Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
Kentucky
South Carolina
Alabama
LSU
Arkansas
Auburn

I dont think any other conference can say they havce 9 solid teams/programs...and they do end up knocking eachother off during the year...i agree in that the pac 10 is improved, and underrated this year, but i still dont think they have 9 teams that are all solid

soybean
10-09-2007, 11:07 PM
well the SEC is deep, and not only that, look at the coaching in the SEC which is by far superior to every other conference...when you take middle of the pack teams like south carolina and alabama and give them the type of head coaches they have, it evens the pack alot, and those guys start to recruit as much as the powerhouses...Kentucky has andre woodsoon making that team a threat to beat anyone...

Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
Kentucky
South Carolina
Alabama
LSU
Arkansas
Auburn

I dont think any other conference can say they havce 9 solid teams/programs...and they do end up knocking eachother off during the year...i agree in that the pac 10 is improved, and underrated this year, but i still dont think they have 9 teams that are all solid

you can't compare the two that way since the pac-10 has 2 less teams. I mean you want the entire conference except one team to "be solid"?

I mean, if you're judging the teams in the pac-10 by the records it's unfair because they have to play each team in their conference. Stanford has only 2 wins but its 3 losses were against pac-10 teams, each of which were ranked at the time.

yourfavestoner
10-10-2007, 04:01 AM
There just needs to be uniform divisions throughout college football. Either the divisions with ten teams need to add two more teams and play a conference championship game, or the bigger conferences need to drop two teams an have a "best record wins the division" setup.

Green Bay Scat
10-10-2007, 04:16 AM
[homer goggles]Vandy is the best team in the SEC woot[/homer goggles]

saintsfan912
10-10-2007, 06:28 PM
There just needs to be uniform divisions throughout college football. Either the divisions with ten teams need to add two more teams and play a conference championship game, or the bigger conferences need to drop two teams an have a "best record wins the division" setup.

Exactly the way I see it. I would rather the championship game though since sometimes teams have off games during the season and need to redeem themselves in the CCG.