PDA

View Full Version : Matt Ryan

DaSuperfan
10-02-2007, 05:53 PM
I've never seen him play, but I've read some good things about him. Can someone give me a scouting report on him, i.e. Pros/Cons, NFL player comparison...etc.

Oh and if you have any videos of Matt Ryan, please post some links, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

draftguru151
10-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Great arm, throws a very good long ball, good poise, really tough guy. He's inconsistent though. Has mental lapses and accuracy is a bit iffy at times. I've been a really big fan of him since before the season and I love him at times and then other times he makes those throws that make me cringe.

10-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Great arm, throws a very good long ball, good poise, really tough guy. He's inconsistent though. Has mental lapses and accuracy is a bit iffy at times. I've been a really big fan of him since before the season and I love him at times and then other times he makes those throws that make me cringe.

yep u pretty much nailed it on the head...still see him as a late 1st - early 2nd round pick

moc182
10-02-2007, 07:37 PM
He's also a little injury prone.

Bostonsportlova
10-02-2007, 07:45 PM
but plays through the injurys, cant say enough how tough he is.

and a little too add is hes a great leader.

DraftMichaelHuff
10-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Kyle Boller coming out? Do you guys rate that as a good comparison

Paranoidmoonduck
10-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Kyle Boller coming out? Do you guys rate that as a good comparison

I'm not sure I like that one. Boller had only one impressive season in his entire college career, and even then he only completed 54% of his passes, plus he was probably a better athlete.

I like Ryan a lot, but Guru's right, he'll make those passes which straddle the line between risky and flat out stupid.

BuddyCHRIST
10-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Boller comparison is not close, Boller's physical tools are what got him to be such a high pick. Ryan doesnt have great physical tools but he's smart and experienced.

Don Vito
10-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Ryan has a strong and accurate arm, protypical size, he is very smart, composed in the pocket, and can make plays outside of the pocket with better mobility than his 40 time would indicate. He has put up great college numbers with less than spectacular targets to throw to. I think he will be a mid 1st rounder, this season was said to make or break him and he has turned himself into a heisman candidate.

If he reminds me of anyone I would say a more athletic Matt Schaub.

10-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Ryan has a strong and accurate arm, protypical size, he is very smart, composed in the pocket, and can make plays outside of the pocket with better mobility than his 40 time would indicate. He has put up great college numbers with less than spectacular targets to throw to. I think he will be a mid 1st rounder, this season was said to make or break him and he has turned himself into a heisman candidate.

If he reminds me of anyone I would say a more athletic Matt Schaub.

yea very much like matt schaub..but often makes a few more mistakes

soxscout
10-02-2007, 11:43 PM
You also have to consider the weapons he has to work with. BC has had a MAJOR problem with dropped passes this year. His WRs are all small and slow, not even close to the talent of all other ACC schools. He is going to have a very good combine, going to measure well, and his personality and leadership that come out in the interview process will have multiple teams wanting him to be the face of their franchise. Been saying it all along, I think the Jags will be the team... but if the Bears continue to play like crap, they might pick soon enough to scoop him up.

adschofield
10-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Brodie Croyle??

Staubach12
10-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Ryan altogether is a very good prospect I'd akin to a better a mix between Drew Stanton and Matt Schaub. He's atheletic, has great tools, but has those inconsistancies that are just not good. I think Ryan is, however, a much better prospect that Stanton was last year. Stanton had the kind of games where he made throws that just made you sick to your stomach. Judging by his play, there were some throws that you know he knows he shouldn't try and make, but he does. Sometimes that stuff just can't be corrected. However, I think Ryan has much more hope when ity comes to his inconsistancies whereas he looks like the kind of player who can make strides to improve his game easily and it appears that a good NFL coaching staff could turn this guy into one heck of a player.

keylime_5
10-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Mayock has Ryan as his #1 QB (followed by Woodson then Brohm at #3). I think Mayock's right that Ryan will be a top 15, but I don't think he'll go before Brohm or Woodson. If Chicago has a top 15 pick, I could see him going there.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-03-2007, 07:46 PM
He reminds me of a young Tom Brady

megansett56BC
10-03-2007, 08:22 PM
my biggest knock on him is that he throws a lot of picks for six when he's backed up on his own endzone... he's already done it twice this year, and those definitely weren't his first. everybody else has pretty much nailed it on the head.

i think it's also impressive that he's played with a bunch of no-name receivers... i wonder how much better his numbers might be for his career if he actually had a great receiver.

darnik44two
10-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Here's a Ryan sig if anyone wants to wear it

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/darnik/Matt-Ryan-Sig-New.jpg