PDA

View Full Version : Prediction for next years National Championship

RWFender1
01-30-2007, 11:42 AM
who are you predicting as of now for next years national championship game?

im going to make a guess that it will be USC vs. Texas again...just a hunch

FunJokeshere
01-30-2007, 11:45 AM
west virginia vs usc

FloridaFootball
01-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Notre Dame Vs. Micigan

Clausen Vs. Mallett in their true freshman seasons. :lol:

RWFender1
01-30-2007, 12:16 PM
yeah but mallet isnt starting next year, its going to be henne again

gettembuck
01-30-2007, 12:42 PM
That and ND has no chance in hell of getting there.

RWFender1
01-30-2007, 12:45 PM
haha true...i was trying to be friendly but the fact is they are lucky if they make it into a BCS bowl game next year now that Quinn, Walker and Samarjdia are gone

KCJ58
01-30-2007, 01:24 PM
http://www.fandbfootball.com/pix/logos/logo_west_virginia.gif

VS.

http://www.know-library.net/images/e/e2/Cal_logo.jpg

P-L
01-30-2007, 02:08 PM
USC vs Michigan. Part 3. 8)

RickNJ83
01-30-2007, 02:10 PM
ND vs Rutgers

KCJ58
01-30-2007, 02:16 PM
ND vs Rutgers

Rutgers wont even go to a bowl game

RickNJ83
01-30-2007, 02:20 PM
ND vs Rutgers

Why not? Fairly easy conference and not a tough non conference schedule.

Michigan
01-30-2007, 02:22 PM
USC vs. Michigan, where Michigan will proceed to get blown out again and have 90% of its fans crying for the coaches head... again...

I really hope someone upsets USC.

KCJ58
01-30-2007, 02:32 PM
USC vs. Michigan, where Michigan will proceed to get blown out again and have 90% of its fans crying for the coaches head... again...

Michigan will get spanked... again

NFLBOY
01-30-2007, 02:38 PM

Michigan will get spanked... again Michigan won't even be considered for the N.C.

keylime_5
01-30-2007, 02:43 PM
USC vs LSU

El$anDollah
01-30-2007, 02:57 PM
USC Vs. Texas

dcrls
01-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Notre Dame Vs. Micigan

dude, michigan's starting QB is chad henne going into this year. Chad's not gonna let some 5star QB come in and take his job, no matter how good mallet may be

dcrls
01-30-2007, 03:12 PM

Michigan will get spanked... again Michigan won't even be considered for the N.C.

but they'll still be a top 5-10 team :D

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-30-2007, 03:22 PM
I think Cal and Tennessee.

Bucky
01-30-2007, 03:24 PM
West Virginia vs. Nebraska

Cavalier17
01-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Michigan vs. West Virginia

Only if Pat White plays whole season.

RWFender1
01-30-2007, 04:46 PM
interesting to see so many people voting WV. i posted on a similar thread as this awhile ago and asked if WV had a shot at the title next year and was told probably not because their defense is not good enough but maybe in 2 more years. seems people are changing their mind about them. also cal is interesting but do you really see them going all the way without Lynch in the backfield? i see them possibly at the rosebowl

as for michigan, are they playing wisconsin next year? i think ohio state still is going to give michigan a good game next year even though its at michigan's house and they dont have smith/ginn. wisconsin is actually my sleeper pick to win the big 10 next year.

also the question is "who do you THINK will go to the national championship, not who do you WANT"

cgrsly57
01-30-2007, 05:35 PM
USC vs Miami

USC is an obvious pick but I really think Miami is going to rebound big next year kind of like Michigan did this year. Kyle Wright is finally going to play up to his potential and Javarris James is going to have a big year. The defense is always good. The schedule is is pretty loaded with Texas A&M and Oklahoma but I dunno I just have a fealing they're in for a big year.

soybean
01-30-2007, 06:00 PM

i dont think that's probable since they play each other again the first game of the year.

soybean
01-30-2007, 06:01 PM
interesting to see so many people voting WV. i posted on a similar thread as this awhile ago and asked if WV had a shot at the title next year and was told probably not because their defense is not good enough but maybe in 2 more years. seems people are changing their mind about them. also cal is interesting but do you really see them going all the way without Lynch in the backfield? i see them possibly at the rosebowl

as for michigan, are they playing wisconsin next year? i think ohio state still is going to give michigan a good game next year even though its at michigan's house and they dont have smith/ginn. wisconsin is actually my sleeper pick to win the big 10 next year.

also the question is "who do you THINK will go to the national championship, not who do you WANT"

Justin Forsett is pretty damn good...

RWFender1
01-30-2007, 06:04 PM
oh, i fully agree with you but i think Lynch is on a level of his own

dcrls
01-30-2007, 06:34 PM
The University of Michigan
http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/-/University-of-Michigan-Photograph-C10121542.jpeg

vs.

USChttp://www.fivestarbilliards.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Rid5AMH-USC.jpg

sweetness34
01-30-2007, 07:18 PM
ND vs Rutgers

Yes they will, but ND won't IMO.

I think it'll be hmmm....scUM and USC.

NickBam
01-31-2007, 04:42 PM
ND vs Rutgers

Yes they will, but ND won't IMO.

I think it'll be hmmm....scUM and USC.

ND will always make a bowl as long as their bowl eligible and should easily win 6 with their cupcake schedule. Bowls would never turn down ND.

RickNJ83
01-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Wow sweetness that was a moronic statement.

01-31-2007, 04:46 PM

Plus we get a speedster with Jahvid Best that TEDFORD said was better than Lynch was at this point.

Justin Forsett is pretty damn good...

RWFender1
01-31-2007, 04:54 PM
I think ND has a 50-50 chance of going to a BCS bowl. I think next year they will lose pretty badly to both Michigan and USC. Im not sure who else they play next year but if they play Penn State again, i wouldnt even be all that surprised if they handed them a loss...maybe Michigan St too. It really comes down to who their QB is next year and how much he is able to step up. However I dont see them beating Michigan or USC next year

BuckNaked
01-31-2007, 04:56 PM
USC vs. West Virginia

RWFender1
01-31-2007, 05:03 PM
i would love to play WV in the title game but since they play in the Big East i think a lot would have to happen in order for them to go to the Championship game, unless they are scheduling some tougher non-conference teams

FunJokeshere
01-31-2007, 06:02 PM
I think ND has a 50-50 chance of going to a BCS bowl. I think next year they will lose pretty badly to both Michigan and USC. Im not sure who else they play next year but if they play Penn State again, i wouldnt even be all that surprised if they handed them a loss...maybe Michigan St too. It really comes down to who their QB is next year and how much he is able to step up. However I dont see them beating Michigan or USC next year

i think its less than a 50-50 chance they will get a BCS but they definately SHOULD make a bowl regardless...considering they lost to both USC and Mich this year and still made a BCS game is ridiculous but only because conferences are only allowed 2 BCS teams to qualify otherwise wisc and arkansas woulda made it but thats not the point...

IMO ND will not even be close to BCS qualification

RaiderNation
01-31-2007, 06:04 PM
USC
VS
TEXAS PART 2

BUT.....
http://graphics.ocsn.com/schools/usc/graphics/04bowl/usc-bowl-wide-photo.jpg

USC WINS :twisted:

nyjetsguy27
01-31-2007, 06:05 PM
mich and west virginia

RWFender1
01-31-2007, 06:53 PM
that is exactly how i see it too raidernation :D

Zim3031
01-31-2007, 06:56 PM
Tennesee vs Southern Cal

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
01-31-2007, 07:03 PM

i dont think that's probable since they play each other again the first game of the year.

Oops, I meant Cal OR Tennessee, the one who wins that game goes.

moc182
01-31-2007, 07:08 PM
mich and west virginia

Ding Ding Ding

Also, Notre Dame has no chance of making a BCS game next season, 8 or 9 wins would be a good year.

Zim3031
01-31-2007, 07:11 PM
I don't even think West Virginia will win the Big east, let alone get to the championship game.

Grizzlegom
01-31-2007, 07:21 PM
USC vs. Penn State

i cant pick against my college. :D

DoWnThEfiElD
01-31-2007, 07:25 PM
The Louisville WV game could have a Nat. Champ birth riding on it next year...

Mich vs. Texas

RWFender1
01-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Louisville i think will beat WV again unless Pat White develops into more of a passer like Troy Smith did.... he can still be a running QB but i think he will need to do a better job of keeping the defense in check with a good pass game as well if they want to go undefeated

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-31-2007, 09:52 PM
although I hate USC they'll win it hands down.

critesy
01-31-2007, 10:59 PM
Auburn vs. USC

RWFender1
01-31-2007, 11:26 PM
Cal fans - what is Jahvid Best like as a running back? how does he compare to Lynch and Forsett? Surely Forsett will be the starter next year

02-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Trogans top Longhorns.

smittyjs
02-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Notre Dame Vs. Micigan

dude, michigan's starting QB is chad henne going into this year. Chad's not gonna let some 5star QB come in and take his job, no matter how good mallet may beIt was a joke man :lol:

02-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Cal fans - what is Jahvid Best like as a running back? how does he compare to Lynch and Forsett? Surely Forsett will be the starter next year
Best is a monster. He is faster than lynch. Much faster. He is the current record holder for the 100 and 200 in track. Needs to work on stiff arm but has some insane jukes.

FunJokeshere
02-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Louisville i think will beat WV again unless Pat White develops into more of a passer like Troy Smith did.... he can still be a running QB but i think he will need to do a better job of keeping the defense in check with a good pass game as well if they want to go undefeated

pat white is a good passer right now IMO from what I've seen/heard from analysts but they just never pass in the system they are in because why pass when slaton and white can run for like 300+ yards a game...if anything WV's downfall will be its defense(like this year) or the ability of the WRs should they choose to pass

but WV will win the Big East and go undefeated heading into the NC :D

regoob2
02-02-2007, 06:04 PM
USC Trojans all the way. It doesnt matter who they play cause SC will win it all

Unbiased
02-03-2007, 08:36 AM
LSU 28
Michigan 20

YAYareaRB
02-03-2007, 10:02 AM
WVU vs LSU

comahan
02-03-2007, 10:20 AM
USC vs LSU

buckeyeboy142
02-06-2007, 08:23 PM
I got my money on USC- WVU

Michigan wont go for sure. U know why. Lloyd Carr can't beat Jim Tressel anywhere. Sry Michigan fans.

OSU will once again beat Mich and spoil their chances for the title game!

regoob2
02-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I am not sure about the opponet but USC will be in it. I think it is either Texas or Michigan though, wont matter cause USC will win! :D

Go Trojans!

princefielder28
02-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Wisconsin/ Florida

throwback54milkman
02-06-2007, 09:40 PM
RUTGERS!- seriously they could go undefeated if they beat Louisville at Louisville

dcrls
02-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Notre Dame Vs. Micigan

dude, michigan's starting QB is chad henne going into this year. Chad's not gonna let some 5star QB come in and take his job, no matter how good mallet may beIt was a joke man :lol:

it better have been, if he was serious, their might've been some serious issues. who's this mallet kid?

dcrls
02-06-2007, 09:52 PM
RUTGERS!- seriously they could go undefeated if they beat Louisville at Louisville

NO!, seriously they won't.

DoWnThEfiElD
02-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Notre Dame Vs. Micigan

it better have been, if he was serious, their might've been some serious issues. who's this mallet kid?

you live in Mich and you don't know who Mallett is??

wow...

nah jk man, just look him up he's a 6-7 QB from Texas with a strong arm that committ to Mich and is already enrolled. Considered the second best QB in this class.

hachubabynahb
02-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Florida vs USC

LonghornsLegend
02-07-2007, 02:01 AM
USC
LSU
Michigan
Texas

im going to throw those 4 names out because they are the most likely i see in the NC game, hard to tell how it ends up....

but id have to go against my team and say

michigan

vs

usc

hard to see michigan losing a game, or usc in the reg season...texas could sneak past but have tougher games along the way

snuff
02-07-2007, 02:04 AM
I could easily see Michigan loosing a few game, but what do I know I just watch the games.

RWFender1
02-07-2007, 03:10 AM
i have a hunch someone will knock off Michigan, maybe its because they have struggled against Ohio State for the last several years or what it is but just a feeling.

i dont know why people are throwing LSU out there though since Jamarcus Russell isnt returning. The rest of the team might be solid but can they really go all the way with their new QB?

LonghornsLegend
02-07-2007, 03:47 AM
i have a hunch someone will knock off Michigan, maybe its because they have struggled against Ohio State for the last several years or what it is but just a feeling.

i dont know why people are throwing LSU out there though since Jamarcus Russell isnt returning. The rest of the team might be solid but can they really go all the way with their new QB?

they might be better with whoever takes over, and believe me they have plenty of options at qb

Zyro_1014
02-07-2007, 12:33 PM
How bout USC and Florida.....

USC will most likely be the pre season number 1 with Booty back, and turner and baker at tackle, also the signings of Marc Tyler, Chris Galippo, Joe McKnight and of course the #1 player in the country who will prolly start as a true freshmen in EVERSON GRIFFEN (FREAK!)... but u cant forget about this yeard national champs, they lose a couple players nothin much and they wont skip a beat. They have Tebow, Percy Harvin, Wynn is back and they have Caldwell, they will be very tough

SeanTaylorRIP
02-07-2007, 12:46 PM
How bout USC and Florida.....

USC will most likely be the pre season number 1 with Booty back, and turner and baker at tackle, also the signings of Marc Tyler, Chris Galippo, Joe McKnight and of course the #1 player in the country who will prolly start as a true freshmen in EVERSON GRIFFEN (FREAK!)... but u cant forget about this yeard national champs, they lose a couple players nothin much and they wont skip a beat. They have Tebow, Percy Harvin, Wynn is back and they have Caldwell, they will be very tough

Umn Deshawn Wynn is not back he was a senior.

I bleed green
02-07-2007, 01:18 PM
but u cant forget about this yeard national champs, they lose a couple players nothin much and they wont skip a beat. They have Tebow, Percy Harvin, Wynn is back and they have Caldwell, they will be very tough

A "couple" players? They lost 15 out of 22 starters. That said though, the cupboard is hardly bare as they've brought in top 2 classes the last 2 years. It will be hard to run through the SEC again though with 15 new starters.

02-07-2007, 01:42 PM
LSU vs. USC

fenikz
02-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Miami vs USC

dcrls
02-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Notre Dame Vs. Micigan

you live in Mich and you don't know who Mallett is??

wow...

nah jk man, just look him up he's a 6-7 QB from Texas with a strong arm that committ to Mich and is already enrolled. Considered the second best QB in this class.

sweet, i've heard of him before but i dont follow recruiting that much.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-07-2007, 10:13 PM
While I'd love to choose California, that defense lost way too much for them to be considered any kind of favorite for anything be 2nd place in the Pac-10. The remaining defensive players certainly have potential, but Mbakogu is going to have to step up majorly, as will the linebacker corps (let's hope Desmond's younger brother can mimick him). It helps that Mixon is coming back (I believe), but that secondary is going to be a bit exposed.

As for the offense, it is going to be explosive. Best, Vereen, and Forsett are going to combine to absolutely slash up Pac 10 defenses, and Jackson could very well have a Heisman year, as long as Longshore can put in another good year.

02-07-2007, 10:34 PM
While I'd love to choose California, that defense lost way too much for them to be considered any kind of favorite for anything be 2nd place in the Pac-10. The remaining defensive players certainly have potential, but Mbakogu is going to have to step up majorly, as will the linebacker corps (let's hope Desmond's younger brother can mimick him). It helps that Mixon is coming back (I believe), but that secondary is going to be a bit exposed.

As for the offense, it is going to be explosive. Best, Vereen, and Forsett are going to combine to absolutely slash up Pac 10 defenses, and Jackson could very well have a Heisman year, as long as Longshore can put in another good year.

Dont forget DeCoud, the most ferocious hitter in the Pac-10 is back and Syd will be def better after gettin abused his freshman year. Vereen may just play both ways as a CB also and follett will pick up the slack at LB.

AZ9er
02-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Texas v. WVU
USC v. WVU
Florida v. WVU

WVU in it.

Returning:
Pat White, QB
Steve Slaton, RB
Darius Reynard, WR.KR
Dorrell Jalloh, WR
Antonio Lewis, DB
Vaughn Rivers, DB
Keilen Dykes, NT
Bobby hathway, LB
pat Lieberg, DE
Marc Margo, LB
Ridwan mailk, DB
Owen Scmitt, FB
Larry Williams, DB
Dwayne Thompson, WR
reed williams
MOST of THERE o-line

They will have the offensive numbers, and last years defense was susceptible to big plays, but with 8 starters comming back, and 6 other players seeing time in at least 10 games their defense will be much better than its mid 60's national ranking.

If they can even have a top 3 defense, run the spread offense with even 4-8 more throws a game damnnnnn watch out

WVU got it next year

asmitty45
02-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Charles Rogers v. The world

Winner: Charles Rogers

FunJokeshere
02-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Texas v. WVU
USC v. WVU
Florida v. WVU

WVU in it.

Returning:
Pat White, QB
Steve Slaton, RB
Darius Reynard, WR.KR
Dorrell Jalloh, WR
Antonio Lewis, DB
Vaughn Rivers, DB
Keilen Dykes, NT
Bobby hathway, LB
pat Lieberg, DE
Marc Margo, LB
Ridwan mailk, DB
Owen Scmitt, FB
Larry Williams, DB
Dwayne Thompson, WR
reed williams
MOST of THERE o-line

They will have the offensive numbers, and last years defense was susceptible to big plays, but with 8 starters comming back, and 6 other players seeing time in at least 10 games their defense will be much better than its mid 60's national ranking.

If they can even have a top 3 defense, run the spread offense with even 4-8 more throws a game damnnnnn watch out

WVU got it next year

i agree that WVU will be in the 'ship...but a top 3 defense is a little far fetched for them IMO...i think if they just improve to top 30-40 then they will be alright because their offense is prolly the best in the country at the moment IMO

LonghornsLegend
02-09-2007, 02:26 PM
getting back on topic, i dont think everyone should just be listing the most talented teams, teams that have the easiest schedule and who are the best in the conference will most likely make it...

Texas is going to beat Oklahoma again, and with mccoy, sweed, and charles it be very hard for us to lose in conference...but there are upsets

AZ9er
02-09-2007, 09:32 PM
woop i meant top 30 LOLLLLL my bad no way they have top threee or they would win it easily and be on of the top 10 teams ever

throwback54milkman
02-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Wisconsin can go undefeated, but their strength of schedule may be iffy

NYGibril28
02-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Texas and Louisville

I think USC will be upset by a Pac-10 team (Arizona State or Oregon) so not them, which seems to be a pretty popular pick.

RWFender1
02-10-2007, 09:53 PM
oregon? you got to be kidding...they cant even figure out who their QB is

soybean
02-11-2007, 12:33 AM
If anyone, it's ucla that has the best chance to upset usc.

soybean
02-11-2007, 12:34 AM
or cal.

RWFender1
02-11-2007, 02:40 AM
i'd say Cal has the best chance if anyone...UCLA will get blown out again next year...they lost some key players on defense and USC will be mad after this past year and run the score up on them. my prediction is USC sticks it to them and Karl Dorrell is fired afterwards

sweetness34
02-11-2007, 08:10 AM

Ok... :?

Notre Dame SHOULDN'T make a bowl next season, there that better? :roll:

soybean
02-11-2007, 02:46 PM
i'd say Cal has the best chance if anyone...UCLA will get blown out again next year...they lost some key players on defense and USC will be mad after this past year and run the score up on them. my prediction is USC sticks it to them and Karl Dorrell is fired afterwards

lost some key players but bolstered their staff. I wouldn't be surprised if their defense was even better this year.

etk
02-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Miami vs FIU 8)

Miami vs someone regardless

RWFender1
02-11-2007, 10:04 PM
whose defense, UCLA? i doubt it will be better next year but regardless they wont upset USC next year

P-L
02-11-2007, 10:27 PM

You only to win 6 games to become bowl eligible. I don't see 7 games on their 2007 schedule that they can lose.

etk
02-13-2007, 12:01 PM

Try beating Cincinnati first.

Iamcanadian
02-18-2007, 12:30 AM
USC will be untouchable. Their whole defense returns and most of their offense. The players they lose on offense, will easily be replaced by future NFLers. Nobody will come close next season.
As for their opponent, watch out for Florida St. which also returns everybody and now that Bowden's son isn't involved, their offense may finally jell.
Certainly these schools will challange Florida St.:
Tennessee
Michigan
Texas
West Virginia
But nobody will challange USC.

toonsterwu
02-18-2007, 02:30 AM
In my opinion, it’s a bit early to make definitive statements such as “nobody will challenge”. These are kids we are talking about, so anything can happen. Certainly, schools like USC have a greater margin of era, but to make definitive statements is a leap, IMO. But for any team to get to the title game, it’s going to take a little bit of luck. As of now, I think I like

Wisconsin – I don’t think the Big 10 is going to be all that strong next year. They get Michigan at home, which helps. Ohio State would seem to be the big road impediment, but as of now, I think the Badgers can handle that one this year.

Texas – This was a tough call, but I’ll lean the Longhorns. There’s only 2 games that look really daunting, Oklahoma and at Texas A&M. I think they get Oklahoma at a nice spot, when the transitioning pieces are still coming together. And I think Texas A&M is at a nice spot for them as well, as it’s at the end, when the hope would be that the transitioned pieces for Texas have melded in.

Other thoughts:

Big East – I think the balance could hurt their chances. I’m not sold on the Mountaineers defense improving enough as of now. I think South Florida is going to be solid again. My favorite now would be Louisville, but I think there’s enough balance there to limit the Big East’s chances.

ACC – Was awful tempted to pick Virginia Tech or Boston College over Texas. In the end, it’s got nothing to do with Glennon at QB, but more to do with that, the Coastal should have a solid foursome. Miami looks good on paper, as does Georgia Tech. Virginia should be improved, and who knows what Butch Davis can do? BC should be the class of the Atlantic, but I’m not sure they are that good to survive their schedule. Road trips to Virginia Tech/Georgia Tech loom, and the Maryland/Clemson/Miami finish could cause them problems. Add in the conference title game, and it’s hard for me to see an ACC squad there.

Big 12 – I was really tempted to put Texas A&M up there, but in the end, the nod goes to Texas as the talent is better. But the Aggies should be a top squad, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they are somehow in the title game. There’s an early trip to Miami that could end any thoughts, though. I like Oklahoma, but not sure they can gel in time. Another year, maybe. The North seems like it’s going to be the lesser of the two divisions. Nebraska’s got too many changes. I like Ron Prince’s kids at Kansas State, but out of the gate, the nod probably goes to Missouri.

Big 10 – Michigan’s defensive losses worry me, but in the end, it came down to the fact that they go on the road to Wisconsin. Ohio State, I think, is a year away.

Pac 10 – Number 3 on my list would’ve been a Pac 10 squad … UCLA. Everyone has USC penciled in … but UCLA returns a quality, loaded squad. In the end, I think people underestimate the Pac-10, which should be a very quality conference next year, and I’m not sure USC is dominant enough to not get a blemish. I like UCLA on paper over USC at this early stage, due to UCLA’s defense.

SEC – Tennessee was there in the final grouping of teams I was thinking about, but for some reason, I’m not gung ho about them. Florida will take a year back, but Georgia should be much better, I think, provided Stafford grows. That said, Kentucky/South Carolina return two very complete squads, and this should be a balanced East. Out West, LSU should be a loaded team again … but I really like Auburn, and Nick Saban will help Alabama a lot. Arkansas’ defensive losses hurt, but they should still be good again. At the end of the day, I think the balance of the SEC hurts their chances, along with the additional title game, but hey, Florida proved everyone wrong this past year.

Mid-majors and independents – Don’t see Notre Dame. Too many losses. As for the mid-majors, that wasn’t even a consideration. I’m not sure there’s going to be a mid-major good enough to challenge for a BCS spot, although TCU seems to be the presumptive challenger.

That said, it’s ridiculously early and anything can happen.

sweetness34
02-18-2007, 10:09 AM

You only to win 6 games to become bowl eligible. I don't see 7 games on their 2007 schedule that they can lose.

I know that, but what I was saying is that they shouldn't be in a bowl game. They play a cup cake schedule that gets them bowl eligible and then they get smoked against the best teams in College Football.

Last year they got blasted by tOSU in the Fiesta Bowl, and this year they got smacked by LSU in the Sugar Bowl.

02-18-2007, 10:22 AM
USC VS FLORIDA

roidrunner
02-18-2007, 07:07 PM

:lol: :lol:

Louisville vs. Wisconsin.

dcrls
02-18-2007, 09:35 PM

:lol: :lol:

Louisville vs. Wisconsin.

and louisville, and west virgina, and even south florida. dont get ahead of yourself

detroit4life
02-18-2007, 11:56 PM
USC vs. LSU

Michigan migth have a shot since i dont see them loosing to OSU this year but they are going to be prone to an upset but they definitly have a shot if they can stay focused all year.

Florida lost too much and won't rebound next year but in two years watch out.

West virginia has a chance but needs michigan and lsu to have atleast one loss or else they may be passed over cpming froma weak conference

Fresh
02-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Ohio State over Louisville

OSU will have a dominant defense and a RB in Chris Wells who will have a better year than Maurice did when the Buckeyes won it in '02 and just as good of defense.

UL: Brian Brohm

david81
02-20-2007, 11:44 PM
USC vs I dont know

RWFender1
02-22-2007, 11:51 AM
I seriously doubt Ohio St will be back at a national championship game with the losses they suffered on offense. Louisville is an interesting pick though. I think Ohio St will be in the top 6 ranked teams next year though and still might beat Michigan

ds8582
02-22-2007, 01:15 PM
USC vs. Michigan

kevin148
02-22-2007, 04:32 PM
haha true...i was trying to be friendly but the fact is they are lucky if they make it into a BCS bowl game next year now that Quinn, Walker and Samarjdia are gone

Give Clausen a year and ND will be in a BCS game again in 09

RWFender1
02-22-2007, 04:37 PM
oh i agree, they will have an excellent shot at one of the BCS game in '09

LB51
02-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Tennessee(2) vs. USC(1)
Michigan(3) vs. Florida(4)
West Virginia(5) vs Notre Dame(6)
Boise St.(7) vs. Texas(8 )
Oklahoma(9) vs. LSU(10)
Ohio State(11) vs. Louisville Virginia Tech, or Rutgers(12)

RWFender1
02-22-2007, 06:15 PM
I like your list but Notre Dame at 6? you think that Clausen in his first year will lead them to a better season than Quinn in his senior year?

Cashmoney
03-03-2007, 07:42 PM
I got my money on LSU an texas. i was surprised at how many people were saying tennessee. as much as id like to believe they have a chance, i just dont see it with us losing our top 3 recievers, arron sears, 4 secondary guys, and justin harrell and turk. oh well surprises happen i guess.

iowatreat54
03-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Tennessee(2) vs. USC(1)
Michigan(3) vs. Florida(4)
West Virginia(5) vs Notre Dame(6)
Boise St.(7) vs. Texas(8 )
Oklahoma(9) vs. LSU(10)
Ohio State(11) vs. Louisville Virginia Tech, or Rutgers(12)

I guarantee Clausen doesn't even start the year as the starter...also ND will lose atleast 3 games next year if not 4-5...so there's no way they make a BCS game...

also, I don't know if your doing a playoff or whatever but A. there's only 5 BCS games not 6 and B. only 1 vs. 2 is the right matchup...the others aren't numerical (i.e. 3 vs 4, 5 vs. 6)

and Boise won't make a BCS game

Finlayson56
03-03-2007, 08:30 PM
West Virgina vs Michigan

superfly
03-04-2007, 02:47 AM
I'll give the entire BCS a shot. I'm also taking into account regional factors for the at large bids. I have Georgia at #9 but only 2 bids from each conference.

BCSNCG: 1) USC vs. 2) Texas
Rose: 6) Wisconsin vs. 7) LSU
Orange: 3) Virginia Tech vs. 5) West Virginia
Fiesta: 10) Oklahoma vs. 11) Cal
Sugar: 4) Florida vs. 8) Michigan