PDA

View Full Version : 3 Players

neko4
10-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Name 3 players, one from each that you would take from the other NFC North teams that you would like on your team.
For Green Bay...

Chicago- Lance Briggs, to play opposite of AJ

Detroit- Calvin Johnson, due to his upside

Minnesota- Tavaris Jackson, I would like a scrambling QB to be favre's heir, he just needs to be properly groomed, something that Minny is failing to do.

Don Vito
10-02-2007, 11:57 PM
If I were you guys I would take Tommie Harris over T. Jackson, let Aaron Rodgers get his shot. A talent like Harris would be a great addition to your team that is OK at DT but by no means elite. He could help Harrell develop, they are pretty similar (Harrell is a penetrator if I am not mistaken). Those 2 would be beastly together.

GB12
10-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Name 3 players, one from each that you would take from the other NFC North teams that you would like on your team.
For Green Bay...

Chicago- Lance Briggs, to play opposite of AJ

Detroit- Calvin Johnson, due to his upside

Minnesota- Tavaris Jackson, I would like a scrambling QB to be favre's heir, he just needs to be properly groomed, something that Minny is failing to do.
I disagree 100%

Chicago- Why would we take Briggs, he'd only be a 2 down player, complete waste. Charles Tillman - Harris, Woodson, Tillman in nickle packages, just try to pass on that. Then he would replace Harris.

Detroit- Not bad, but I'd take a proven player who is still young over potential. Roy Williams

Minnesota- Ew, Tavaris Jackson? No way. I can't see him ever becoming a good starter. Plus we have Aaron Rodgers to succeed Favre. Now I know some of you don't like him, but I do. I'll guarentee that he'll be better than Jackson. And you definitely can't take anyone but Adrian Peterson- with the complete absence of a run game he is the clear choice.

GB12
10-03-2007, 12:02 AM
If I were you guys I would take Tommie Harris over T. Jackson, let Aaron Rodgers get his shot. A talent like Harris would be a great addition to your team that is OK at DT but by no means elite. He could help Harrell develop, they are pretty similar (Harrell is a penetrator if I am not mistaken). Those 2 would be beastly together.
I'd say our DT position is better than "OK". It is at least "good". We don't have a star, but we do have great depth. There are some great DTs in the NFC North to choose from, but the last thing we need is another DT.

bearsfan_51
10-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Lance Briggs wouldn't be a 2 down player in Green Bay. If they go to nickle I can promise he'd be one of the two sticking around. I've always thought he'd be just as suited playing MLB, and would be an upgrade over Barnett. I agree though...there are better options.

GB12
10-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Lance Briggs wouldn't be a 2 down player in Green Bay. If they go to nickle I can promise he'd be one of the two sticking around. I've always thought he'd be just as suited playing MLB, and would be an upgrade over Barnett. I agree though...there are better options.
If we were going to move him to MLB anyway then why not just take Urlacher. And it doesn't matter who would stay in for nickle either him, Hawk, or Barnett would have to come out.

TacticaLion
10-03-2007, 10:33 AM
For Detroit:

Chicago - Urlacher. God, I hate him... but he's dominant at what he does and we're lacking in the MLB position.

Minnesota - Probably Cedric Griffin, to be honest. Young, talented player with a lot of upside. Great player to improve the secondary and have around for a while.

Green Bay - Al Harris. We could certinally upgrade our CB spot... and Harris is outstanding.

Twiddler
10-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I disagree 100%

Chicago- Why would we take Briggs, he'd only be a 2 down player, complete waste. Charles Tillman - Harris, Woodson, Tillman in nickle packages, just try to pass on that. Then he would replace Harris.

Detroit- Not bad, but I'd take a proven player who is still young over potential. Roy Williams

Minnesota- Ew, Tavaris Jackson? No way. I can't see him ever becoming a good starter. Plus we have Aaron Rodgers to succeed Favre. Now I know some of you don't like him, but I do. I'll guarentee that he'll be better than Jackson. And you definitely can't take anyone but Adrian Peterson- with the complete absence of a run game he is the clear choice.

I'm not even going to write one up. I'll just support this one.

princefielder28
10-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I would consider taking Devin Hester, seeing as the Packers are not threat on special teams

Twiddler
10-03-2007, 02:13 PM
I would consider taking Devin Hester, seeing as the Packers are not threat on special teams

Good point, never considered that. I think I would go with him then. That would be huge for us.

Moses
10-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Why would anybody rather have Tavaris Jackson than Aaron Rodgers at this point? Makes no sense to me.

Moses
10-03-2007, 03:31 PM
For the Packers:

Minnesota: Adrian Peterson
Best runningback in the division. Gives the Packers a legitimate weapon in the running game and another passing option.

Detroit: Ernie Sims
Another stud linebacker to replace Brady Poppinga. Having Hawk on the strong-side, Barnett in the middle, and Sims on the weak-side would give the Packers the best linebacker unit in the league.

Chicago: Nathan Vasher
Finally a legitimate nickelback. Plus, he would likely move to the starting lineup eventually once Harris/Woodson start regressing.

All these players are young, dynamic, and would fit into the Packers scheme.

PackerLegend
10-03-2007, 04:02 PM
For the Packers:

Minnesota: Adrian Peterson
Best runningback in the division. Gives the Packers a legitimate weapon in the running game and another passing option.

Detroit: Ernie Sims
Another stud linebacker to replace Brady Poppinga. Having Hawk on the strong-side, Barnett in the middle, and Sims on the weak-side would give the Packers the best linebacker unit in the league.

Chicago: Nathan Vasher
Finally a legitimate nickelback. Plus, he would likely move to the starting lineup eventually once Harris/Woodson start regressing.

All these players are young, dynamic, and would fit into the Packers scheme.

I like it alot the only 1 I might change is Hester from Chicago because he really can break it at any time but I like the list alot

neko4
10-03-2007, 06:14 PM
I forgot about AD!
And i just have an attachment to Running QB's anyway the list again

CHI-Urlacher, push Barnett outside
DET-CJ
MIN-AD

GB12
10-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I considered him but I couldn't put him over Tillman.

P-L
10-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Minnesota - Steve Hutchinson
Chicago - Brian Urlacher
Green Bay - Al Harris

TacticaLion
10-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Minnesota - Steve Hutchinson
Chicago - Brian Urlacher
Green Bay - Al Harris

Bah... Hutch is a good one.

k0ng
10-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Green Bay - I hate him, but I'll take Favruh. Give the Bears a QB that can keep our D fresh and able to fly around and hit people all 4 quarters. He'll also put points on the board(always a plus):p .

Minnesota - Adrian Peterson. **** Benson

Detroit - Calvin Johnson. Tremendous upside, works hard, and keeps his mouth shut.

Scotty D
10-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Bears - Urlacher
Vikings - AD
Packers - AJ Hawk

DaSuperfan
10-04-2007, 05:13 PM
For the Bears:

Minny: Adrian Peterson, this guy will be a top 3 RB in the NFL if he can stay healthy.

Detroit: Roy Williams, best player at his position in the NFC North and could be the top WR in the NFC this season if continues to play the way he has.

GB: AJ Hawk, to replace Lance Briggs when he leaves next season.

ironman4579
10-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Bah, this is tough.

Chicago-Brian Urlacher-I wouldn't even care who was on the other side, Sims and Urlacher would be great.

Minny-Cedric Griffin-I'm actually a Kevin Jones fan, so I'm going with Tactica on this one.

Green Bay-Al Harris-Our secondary is horrible. We've just upgrade rather nicely.

Addict
10-05-2007, 10:07 AM
I'd like all the players ironman wants too, but to fill out a list with some other names:

CHI - Benson - benson's contract and also Greg Olsen, to fortify our offense (benson/jones, nice little combo)

GB - Kampman, pro bowl DE to make the Cover 2 work better

MIN - Hutchison, we depend heavily on our O and a CB won't fix our defense, so OL strengthening would be more effective as of now.

That said, I'd also like Vasher, Tillman, Harris or Griffin to join our ranks, Urlacher, Briggs would be nice, hell Darren Sharper would be more than ok, I wouldn't mind Adrian Peterson or Olin Kreutz.

PACKmanN
10-07-2007, 01:42 AM
Vikings- Steve Hutchinson. Him, Clifton, Wells, Tauscher, and Colledge would be SICK!
Lions- Kevin Jones- He would be our number one from day one.
Bears- Brian Urlacher- Move him to the strong side and we have a sick front 7.

yo123
10-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Packers-Aaron Kampman, finally a decent pass rush.
Bears- Devin Hester, I dont remember the last return man we had that scared anyone.
Lions- Roy Williams, underrated imo, I think hes a top 5 WR in the league, him and Rice would be a dominant 1-2 punch when Rice gets going.

P-L
10-08-2007, 05:54 PM
I change my mind.

Vikings - Steve Hutchinson
Green Bay - Chad Clifton
Chicago - Olin Kruetz

someone447
10-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Packers-Aaron Kampman, finally a decent pass rush.
Bears- Devin Hester, I dont remember the last return man we had that scared anyone.
Lions- Roy Williams, underrated imo, I think hes a top 5 WR in the league, him and Rice would be a dominant 1-2 punch when Rice gets going.

Desmond Howard

Lions- Roy Williams: Imagine Donald Driver, Roy Williams, Greg Jennings, and James Jones. Run and Shoot, here we come!!!
Bears- Devin Hester: Most electric returner in the game.
Vikings- AD: Huge upgrade over Wynn, Morency, and Jackson

yo123
10-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Desmond Howard

Lions- Roy Williams: Imagine Donald Driver, Roy Williams, Greg Jennings, and James Jones. Run and Shoot, here we come!!!
Bears- Devin Hester: Most electric returner in the game.
Vikings- AD: Huge upgrade over Wynn, Morency, and Jackson

Howard returned TD's against us, not for us.

Football Fan
10-09-2007, 02:35 AM

Howard, superbowl mvp for the pack in 96 I believe. He scared many teams, unfortunately for Bill Parcells Howard didnt scare him. Ron Wolf said that when he was watching the game he was saying to himself "just keep kicking it to him Bill". Howard eventually returned it for a TD and the pack won the SB against the Pats. I believe he was let go the next year, because Wolf wouldnt match Detroits offer.

someone447
10-09-2007, 12:15 PM

His best year was our super bowl year.

ironman4579
10-09-2007, 01:11 PM
You guys do notice that yo's three players came from the Bears, Lions, and PACKERS, right? I think we can assume that his team is the Vikings, not the Packers, which is what you guys seem to be thinking. Desmond Howard never played for the Vikings.

Football Fan
10-11-2007, 01:18 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Football Fan
10-11-2007, 01:20 AM
ahh, my bad. I thought that any packer fan should have known Howard played for the pack before detroit.

someone447
10-12-2007, 02:17 PM
You guys do notice that yo's three players came from the Bears, Lions, and PACKERS, right? I think we can assume that his team is the Vikings, not the Packers, which is what you guys seem to be thinking. Desmond Howard never played for the Vikings.

Then why did he respond to me talking about desmond howard.

ironman4579
10-12-2007, 06:46 PM

You mean by saying that Howard returned TD's AGAINST them, not FOR them? Seems to me by a preponderance of the evidence, it's pretty obvious he's not a Packers fan, but whatever.

Jim Jim
10-26-2007, 01:19 PM
From Detroit: I'd take Calvin Johnson.

From Minny: I'd take Adrian Peterson.

From Chicago: I'd take Nathan Vasher to play nickel.

Xiomera
11-19-2007, 03:57 PM
For Detroit, I would select:

From Green Bay, QB Brett Favre

From Chicago, DE Mark Anderson

From Minnesota, OG Steve Hutchinson

Not conventional picks, but good ones nonetheless.

mqtirishfan
11-19-2007, 04:04 PM

Because you quoted his post, genius.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Anyone that wouldn't take AD from the Vikings is crazy.

I'd take Calvin Johnson from Detroit because Roy Williams is an idiot.

Honestly I'm not sure about Green Bay. There is a lot of potential upgrades but no exceptionally standout players, just a very good team. I'd probably say Kampman, he'd play the run much better than Anderson.

mqtirishfan
11-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Honestly I'm not sure about Green Bay. There is a lot of potential upgrades but no exceptionally standout players, just a very good team. I'd probably say Kampman, he'd play the run much better than Anderson.

Not to mention he'd pass rush just as well or better while playing the run much better and playing every play.

Moses
11-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Anyone that wouldn't take AD from the Vikings is crazy.

I'd take Calvin Johnson from Detroit because Roy Williams is an idiot.

Brett Favre?

2nd best QB in the league this year?

Twiddler
11-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Brett Favre?

Yep, that's right. Second to the amazingness that is Rex Grossman... :)

bearsfan_51
11-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Brett Favre?

If I have the choice of anyone I'm not going to take someone on the brink of retirement.

And come on...I don't care what the stats say, Favre is not the 2nd best QB in the league.

Moses
11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
If I have the choice of anyone I'm not going to take someone on the brink of retirement.

And come on...I don't care what the stats say, Favre is not the 2nd best QB in the league.

I didn't know if you were thinking keeper or not. A-Rod perhaps? :D

Who is better than Favre this year? Tom Brady, that's it.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2007, 08:06 PM
I didn't know if you were thinking keeper or not. A-Rod perhaps? :D

Despite the fact that Peyton Manning could sit in a wheelchair and still be the 2nd best QB in the NFL, I would probably take Romo as well.

I'll admit, I'm a Romosexual.

In terms of actual ability I'd take Carson Palmer and McNabb when healthy as well.

Moses
11-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Despite the fact that Peyton Manning could sit in a wheelchair and still be the 2nd best QB in the NFL, I would probably take Romo as well.

I'll admit, I'm a Romosexual.

In terms of actual ability I'd take Carson Palmer and McNabb when healthy as well.

Manning hasn't shown nearly enough this season to be placed ahead of Favre. Sure, his team has been riddled with injuries but you can't say that he's outplayed Favre. What has he done to be considered better than Favre this season?

Romo...wow. I have watched both extensively and I just don't see it. Favre is more careful with the ball and puts up big numbers while cutting down on his mistakes. Romo is a loose cannon (Favre of old) and makes many mistakes every game.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2007, 08:28 PM
It's a 10 week season. Even if I was simply choosing someone to win a game tomorrow I'm going to take a lot more into account than what has most recently happened. Peyton Manning is a much better QB than Favre. This isn't even debateable.

Whether or not he's having a better year isn't the point.

Moses
11-19-2007, 08:30 PM
It's a 10 week season. Even if I was simply choosing someone to win a game tomorrow I'm going to take a lot more into account than what has most recently happened. Peyton Manning is a much better QB than Favre. This isn't even debateable.

Whether or not he's having a better year isn't the point.

Actually, it is the point:

This year. As in, the past 10 games. Favre has performed better than every quarterback in the league with the exception of Tom Brady.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2007, 08:32 PM
You said: "Who is better than Favre this year?"

There's a big difference between who is better, and who is having a better year.

Trent Cole is having a better year than Julius Peppers. Does that make him better?

The point of this thread is to pick the best players for your team. Favre is having a tremendous year but his value isn't nearly close to that.

Sportsfan486
11-19-2007, 09:51 PM
You said: "Who is better than Favre this year?"

There's a big difference between who is better, and who is having a better year.

Trent Cole is having a better year than Julius Peppers. Does that make him better?

The point of this thread is to pick the best players for your team. Favre is having a tremendous year but his value isn't nearly close to that.

No no, you're right. I mean, obviously since Manning is better than Favre this year he's having a worse year. That's just common sense. Wait, what?

Favre > Manning this year. Look at team wins. Look at rating. Look at TDs thrown. Look at yards. Look at completion %. Look at ints. Guess who wins every single relevant QB stat? Most by a wide margin... it's Favre.

OH, by the way.. Manning also has one of the best RBs this year on his team so people can't sit back and tee off on his passing game. Favre.. uh.. yeah, not so much.

So yeah. Favre >>> Manning this year. It's not even a debate, there is no arguement to what I just said.

GB12
11-19-2007, 10:05 PM
This year Favre is a top 5 QB at worst. If this is for the future though it doesn't matter. He is 38 and nearing the end. I don't see why anyone would take him over Kampman, Barnett, Jennings, Hawk, etc. for this. If it was for just this year all 3 teams could really use him, but my understanding was it's for the future.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2007, 10:12 PM
No no, you're right. I mean, obviously since Manning is better than Favre this year he's having a worse year. That's just common sense. Wait, what?

Favre > Manning this year. Look at team wins. Look at rating. Look at TDs thrown. Look at yards. Look at completion %. Look at ints. Guess who wins every single relevant QB stat? Most by a wide margin... it's Favre.

OH, by the way.. Manning also has one of the best RBs this year on his team so people can't sit back and tee off on his passing game. Favre.. uh.. yeah, not so much.

So yeah. Favre >>> Manning this year. It's not even a debate, there is no arguement to what I just said.

Do you lack reading comprehension skills?

It's very simple and I'll say it again in bold letters since you clearly missed it the first time.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HAVING A BETTER YEAR AND BEING A BETTER PLAYER

Favre is having a better year (so far), Manning is the better player. Is Trent Cole a better player than Julius Peppers?

And Joseph Adaii is personally nothing special in my eyes. The fact is that Manning makes his runningbacks. He scares the secondary 10 yards off the ball. Edge has been half the man he was since he went to Arizona.

Sportsfan486
11-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Do you lack reading comprehension skills?

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HAVING A BETTER YEAR AND BEING A BETTER PLAYER

Favre is having a better year (so far), Manning is the better player. Is Trent Cole a better player than Julius Peppers?.

This year, YES. Peppers has been LOUSY this year.

You ask if I lack reading comprehension skills... in return, I ask if you lack COMMON SENSE.

You admit Favre is having a better year. GUESS WHAT? That means, RIGHT NOW, he is the better player. Better year = better player.

It's like one of the idiotic statements that team A didn't actually win, team B threw it away. What? Huh?

Pen and paper doesn't lie. The stats favor Favre.. and if you try to argue past the stats, well, Manning has been in a far superior situation to succeed. But he hasn't. Favre has.

Manning has been mediocre this year.. Favre has been amazing. Anyone who would rather have Manning, this year, over Favre doesn't know football. Period.

Maybe next year Manning will be better than Favre, who knows, but this year it isn't close.

Hurricane Ditka
11-21-2007, 02:51 AM
It's like one of the idiotic statements that team A didn't actually win, team B threw it away. What? Huh?

You mean what absolutely every Packer fan said after they lost to the Bears?

bearsfan_51
11-22-2007, 12:10 PM
This year, YES. Peppers has been LOUSY this year.

You ask if I lack reading comprehension skills... in return, I ask if you lack COMMON SENSE.

You admit Favre is having a better year. GUESS WHAT? That means, RIGHT NOW, he is the better player. Better year = better player.

Pen and paper doesn't lie. The stats favor Favre.. and if you try to argue past the stats, well, Manning has been in a far superior situation to succeed. But he hasn't. Favre has.

Manning has been mediocre this year.. Favre has been amazing. Anyone who would rather have Manning, this year, over Favre doesn't know football. Period.

Maybe next year Manning will be better than Favre, who knows, but this year it isn't close.

If I had to play tomorrow, I would take Julius Peppers over Trent Cole. When you have a sample of multiple years, and you use 9 games, then you are simply trying to construct an argument to be a homer.

"Maybe next year Manning will be better than Favre, who knows, but this year it isn't close".

Yeah...maybe....christ.

bearsfan_51
11-22-2007, 12:11 PM
And actually, the Bears game is a good example. The Bears have played the Packers one time this year, and the Bears won. Therefore the Bears are a better team. Anyone that says otherwise lacks common sense.

Moses
11-22-2007, 01:08 PM
And actually, the Bears game is a good example. The Bears have played the Packers one time this year, and the Bears won. Therefore the Bears are a better team. Anyone that says otherwise lacks common sense.

That's one game. We're talking about the last 10 games.

Hurricane Ditka
11-22-2007, 02:13 PM
That's one game. We're talking about the last 10 games.But the Packers over the course of the last 10 games are 0-1 when playing the Bears

Moses
11-22-2007, 02:16 PM
But the Packers over the course of the last 10 games are 0-1 when playing the Bears

OK? I'm talking about evaluating a player's performance this year. This year Favre is the 2nd best QB in the league. The next game he plays, there's no reason to think he won't continue to outperform Manning and Romo.

bearsfan_51
11-22-2007, 02:20 PM
That's one game. We're talking about the last 10 games.

Ok, so you would agree that 10 games is a better way to judge a player or a team than 1? Good. Someone with a brain.

Therefore...if you had a sample of say 64 games, as opposed to 10, that would be a better way to judge who was a better player too? Granted you can make your sample size too large, but I don't think 3-4 seasons constitutes that by any means. Maybe that's too much to come to terms with since it doesn't make Brett Favre the greatest thing since sliced bread though.

Moses
11-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Ok, so you would agree that 10 games is a better way to judge a player or a team than 1? Good. Someone with a brain.

Therefore...if you had a sample of say 64 games, as opposed to 10, that would be a better way to judge who was a better player too? Granted you can make your sample size too large, but I don't think 3-4 seasons constitutes that by any means. Maybe that's too much to come to terms with since it doesn't make Brett Favre the greatest thing since sliced bread though.

More recent is generally a better way to judge players. Maybe you take Manning for next season, but I don't see how you take him for a game tommorow.

bearsfan_51
11-22-2007, 02:56 PM
More recent is generally a better way to judge players. Maybe you take Manning for next season, but I don't see how you take him for a game tommorow.

Ok then most recently the Bears beat the Packers. Therefore the Bears are more likely to beat the Packers the next time they play.

Moses
11-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Ok then most recently the Bears beat the Packers. Therefore the Bears are more likely to beat the Packers the next time they play.

Why are you talking about teams when I'm talking about players? The Bears have played the Packers ONCE this season. Brett Favre and Peyton Manning have played 10 games each. There is a lot more to judge them on.

bearsfan_51
11-22-2007, 03:06 PM
You're right, there is a lot more to judge them on, a lot more than 10 games.

Whatever..it's a pointless argument, it just amazes me that anyone, even Packers fans, would say that Favre is a better quarterback than Manning.

Moses
11-22-2007, 03:07 PM

Whatever..it's a pointless argument, it just amazes me that anyone, even Packers fans, would say that Favre is a better quarterback than Manning.

This year, he is. I don't know what is so surprising about saying that. His play on the field speaks for itself. Manning hasn't looked very impressive (to his standards), especially the past 3 games.

bearsfan_51
11-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Yes and Trent Cole is better than Julius Peppers. We've been over this.

Moses
11-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Yes and Trent Cole is better than Julius Peppers. We've been over this.

Yes, this season. Although Peppers looked pretty good against the Packers. Apparently he was really sick and it has hurt his energy level.

BuckNaked
11-22-2007, 03:52 PM
It seems i've made a bit of a late entrance to the conversation, but not late enough to stop and laugh at the original poster for actually wanting Tarvaris Jackson.

neko4
11-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Brett Favre could be putting up average stats for all i care, lets just win a super bowl

Win one for Brett!

someone447
11-26-2007, 01:35 AM

At this point in time Manning is better than Favre, there is no contest. Over the course of their careers? It is a tossup, Favre never had great recievers or RB like Manning has had.

Although based on their play this year, if I was choosing who I want for a stretch run, I am taking Favre. He is playing MUCH BETTER than Manning, even if Manning is a better player RIGHT NOW, and momentum is very important.

BucSappy
11-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Not a fan of any NFCN team, so I'll do all 4 teams.

Green Bay: Steve Hutchinson
Chicago: Brett Favre
Minnesota: Al Harris
Detroit: Adrian Peterson