RyanLeaf#1
10-03-2007, 11:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3047516

JF4
10-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Damn you, I saw it first!!!!

Jughead10
10-03-2007, 11:57 AM
I can't see this being permanent. There is too much money involved. Bulger is hurt too. I think they just see no reason to get Bulger killed even more these next two weeks or so and are just letting him rest. At 0-4 the season is shot anyway. Think they are regretting their head coach choice from two years ago?

bored of education
10-03-2007, 11:59 AM
With their 2nd round pick after picking up Dan Connor, Sedrick Ellis or Glen Dorsey the Rams select Booty/Keller/Ainge/Dixon

JF4
10-03-2007, 11:59 AM
It also mentions in the article that Scott Linehan is going to take over the play-calling duties for the next few games.

bsaza2358
10-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Bulger is a huge long-term investment for the Rams. Getting him killed worse in a lost season would be idiotic.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Frerotte has an oompa loompa face.

bigbluedefense
10-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Wow, the Rams are looking at a top 5 pick.

Who wouldve thunk coming into this season that the Falcons would look better than the Rams?

bigbluedefense
10-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Isn't Ferrotte the asshat who injured himself celebrating a touchdown? Lol, I still remember his face after he slammed it into the wall. Priceless.

bsaza2358
10-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Frerrotte sprained his neck head-butting a concrete wall after running for a TD his rookie year as a Redskin.

soybean
10-03-2007, 01:47 PM
let's wait to see what yodachu has to said to this. I'm guessing he really doesn't care.

Jughead10
10-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I just traded Matt Hasselbeck for Marc Bulger and Jericho Cotchery too. That stinks. Although Bulger is my backup and not needed until week 10 when Brady has his bye.

Geo
10-03-2007, 01:59 PM
The Rams coaches are going to play whoever gives them the best chance to win, and for this week that's a healthy Frerotte (one of the best back-ups in the league) than a banged-up and sloppy Bulger.

Linehan taking over the playcalling is a plus, for Frerotte in the next week or two and Bulger thereafter.

nfrillman
10-03-2007, 02:19 PM
This move is almost completely due to the fact that Bulger is going to die if he stays out there much longer, and there has been public outrage among Rams fans that they are continuing to let him get destroyed. I like that Linehan is taking over the play-calling because the play-calling so far has been ass-clownish.

yodabear
10-03-2007, 03:21 PM
let's wait to see what yodachu has to said to this. I'm guessing he really doesn't care.

Didn't see this thread. And ur absolutly right, I don't care. We suck. And with our OL the way it is this season: I think the goal is to get everyone out alive.

yodabear
10-03-2007, 05:17 PM
and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ESPN: THE RAMS ARE NOT BENCHING BULGER! HE IS INJURED. GOOD DAY.

scottyboy
10-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Brian Leonard should start at QB and LB for the Rams

WMD
10-03-2007, 06:02 PM
I have Marc Bulger as my #1 QB :( .. Glad I at least drafted Jay Cutler as my numero dos.

Geo
10-03-2007, 06:05 PM
and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ESPN: THE RAMS ARE NOT BENCHING BULGER! HE IS INJURED. GOOD DAY.
It wouldn't surprise me if the idiot talking heads try desperately to spin a controversy out of this, because they want something to talk about and the Grossman sucks story is taken away from them.

scottyboy
10-03-2007, 06:07 PM

they also said Eli was out a month when he first was injured...

yodabear
10-03-2007, 08:42 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the idiot talking heads try desperately to spin a controversy out of this, because they want something to talk about and the Grossman sucks story is taken away from them.

Watch, Ferotte plays out of his mind, leads us to a victory, creating contorversy, and how we just flushed 65 million big ones down the toilets.

Staubach12
10-03-2007, 08:54 PM
This is a good idea. Bulger's getting killed out there and he's not playing like himself. He needstime to recover, and in the mean time, this line needs to step it up.

KCJ58
10-03-2007, 08:55 PM
This is a good idea. Bulger's getting killed out there and he's not playing like himself. He needstime to recover, and in the mean time, this line needs to step it up.

i mean he did just play the best defensive in the NFL

yodabear
10-03-2007, 08:58 PM
THIS IS FOR US RAMS FANS AND FOR GUS!

Just a small town girl, livin in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in south detroit
He took the midnight train goin anywhere

A singer in a smokey room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on

Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding, somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill,
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin anything to roll the dice,
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

(chorus)

Dont stop believin
Hold on to the feelin
Streetlight people

yodabear
10-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Ah that song makes me wanna hug someone and have whoopie.

KCJ58
10-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Ah that song makes me wanna hug someone and have whoopie.

let's hug it out big boy

yodabear
10-03-2007, 09:37 PM
let's hug it out big boy

That was great.

Nerv
10-03-2007, 10:00 PM
It sure doesnt take Yoda long to find a new team when his isnt very good anymore :cool:

Geo
10-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Watch, Ferotte plays out of his mind, leads us to a victory, creating contorversy, and how we just flushed 65 million big ones down the toilets.
This is true, Frerotte is Johnny U except bigger, faster, stronger, smarter, and better. He scores almost as many touchdowns as chicks he bangs after the game (the game is only 60 minutes).

In all seriousness, off the top of my head, Frerotte is the best back-up quarterback in the league. He can hold the fort until Bulger heals, and probably should have last week at Dallas in retrospect.

Twiddler
10-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Very good move on their part. He isn't going to get any better playing behind the remains of their offensive line. Hopefully he can heal up and somewhat salvage a little bit of their season.

NGSeiler
10-03-2007, 11:13 PM
I can't see this being permanent.

LOL, really? :rolleyes: ;)

This has everything to do with health. Bulger's been playing with two broken ribs behind one of the worst lines ever to dress for the St. Louis Rams. Once he's recovered from injury, he'll be back on the field. In the meantime, Linehan and company can run with a healthy Frerotte behind center.

Rams fans have been clamoring for Bulger to sit and heal for a week or two now; this is excellent news.