PDA

View Full Version : TimDris's Mock version 1.0

TimD
10-03-2007, 04:43 PM
1. Falcons - Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
With the acquisition of Leftwich solving a QB problem, I think Atlanta takes the best player in the draft giving Leftwich some help with a steady run game.
2. Dolphins - Glen Dorsey DT LSU
The 'Phins have dinosaurs on the DL right now so this is an easy pick for them, that Miami fans will be happy with unlike the Ginn pick last year.
3. Vikings - Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
QB is one of the most important positions on the field and with Peterson running the ball and that beast offensive line, all the Vikes need is a QB in order to have a high powered offense.
4. Chiefs - Jake Long OT Michigan
For years the Chiefs had the best oline and now those players are getting older. Long is a freak and will provide blocking for whoever is at QB and Larry Johnson.
5. Raiders - Desean Jackson WR Cal
I must say Culpepper has looked pretty good and their defense is solid. Giving Culpepper an option will help Oakland immensely.
6. Redskins - Calasis Campbell DE Miami (FL)
This is a no brainer pick. 'Skins fans will enjoy watching this guy beat on McNabb, Romo, and Eli for years to come.
7. Bills - Brian Brohm QB Louisville
Yes Trent Edwards looked good, but Brohm is too good to pass on when you have QB questions.
8. Cowboys (from CLE) - Kenny Philips S Miami (FL)
Possibly the only weakness on the team is addressed with this playmaker.
9. Rams - Sam Baker OT USC
Just like the Chiefs, the Rams need to start replacing their aging oline. Maybe they just need some blocking for the Greatest Show on Turf to resume.
10. Texans - Dan Conner OLB Penn State
They miss out on the 2 best linemen, but give Ryans a playmaker to play along side creating the most fearsome young front 7 in the NFL.
11. Giants - Chris Long DE Virginia
The Son of a HOF gives the Giants someone young to play on the opposite side of Osi. Kiwi and Tuck are good, but Kiwi could definitely have a bright future at LB and Tuck is not the kind of player that keeps teams from drafting superstars like Long.
12. Cardinals - Quentin Groves DE/OLB Auburn
Another player for the 3-4 defense. Getting the right personnel for the 3-4 is a must in order for it to be successful.
13. Jets - Derrick Harvey DE/OLB Florida
Unless the Jets change to the 4-3 I think they will be taking a pass rushing 'tweener in the first round. And with Harvey he could play in the 4-3 or 3-4 so this is an easy pick for the Tangini Front Office.
14. Titans - Early Doucet III WR LSU
VY has a run game and an oline, but needs a target. Doucet is a definite future superstar at WR.
15. Saints - Frank Okam DT Texas
Their defense needs a lot of things, DT being one of them. Okam is a giant at 6'5'' 320 and will provide Will Smith with someone to help collapse the pocket.
16. Patriots (from SF) - James Laurinaitis ILB Ohio State
This is a no brainer pick. This guy is a workout freak who will fit nicely in the Pats' 3-4.
17. Jaguars - Matt Ryan QB BC
I just don't see Garrard as a franchise QB. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm not the Jags get a quality QB in Ryan, who may finally lead them to the Superbowl.
18. Lions - Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
Dre Bly left to Denver last offseason and the Lions did not replace him so they hop on the top corner of the draft.
19. Bears - Colt Brennan QB Hawaii
Sexy Rexy may be sexy but he has lost his job. Griese is not his father, so the Bears get the best QB available and the 4th QB of the 1st round.
20. Panthers - John Carlson TE Notre Dame
Carr or Delhomme will be happy to get the best Notre Dame TE Prospect in a while for a target.
21. Eagles - Gosder Cherilus OT BC
Their aging tackles are well old. And Justice got ripped a new one so they snatch the man who has kept Ryan upright at BC and will be happy to do the same for McNabb.
22. Buccaneers - Sedrick Ellis DT USC
The Bucs iinterior line is not what it used to be. Ellis will give them a young anchor for years to come.
23. Bengals - Kieth Rivers OLB USC
Their defense has been getting torched this year so they will address that side of the ball. A lot of guys are available at this point, but they will take the best defensive guy left on the board.
24. Chargers - Antoine Cason CB Arizona
Maybe they should just draft a head coach at this pick? Oh wait that isn't possible, so they will sure up that secondary with Cason.
25. Seahawks - DeMario Pressley DT NC State
Another team that is solid with no glaring holes adds someone to give them depth and a bright future on defense.
26. Ravens - Tommy Blake DE/OLB TCU
Thomas is gone. Suggs is a FA this year. Blake was built for Rex Ryan's defense.
27. Packers - Jonathon Stewart RB Oregon
Farve will need more of a run game to get another Superbowl ring.
28. Broncos - Philip Wheeler OLB Georgia Tech
Williams moved inside leaving an openning at OLB in this defense. Wheeler makes the defense even scarier.
29. Steelers - Terrell Thomas CB USC
Steelers have a great team and Thomas will add to it with his steller ball hakwing skills.
30. 49ers (from IND) - Limas Sweed WR Texas
Another option for this offense, which keeps getting scarier.
31. Cowboys - Steve Slaton RB West Virginia
Something in my gut tells me that he declares early, and missing out on McFadden will leave a bad taste in Jerry Jones' mouth so they snatch up the elusive Slaton.
32. Patriots - suspended

I don't mind critisizem but instead of saying 'Bad Pick!' tell me why you don't agree and what would be a better pick, so my next mock can be better. If you like the pick feel free to tell me... Lol i always like confidence boosters! Thanks for reading.

Hunter S. Thompson
10-03-2007, 04:49 PM
I understand the Slaton pick for Dallas...I just don't like it.

TimD
10-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I understand the Slaton pick for Dallas...I just don't like it.

I think he'd be a real nice compliment to Marion Barber. I don't know what will happen to Jones tho...

BrownsTown
10-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Browns picking before the Rams? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(This is what I have to do since the Browns have no 1st.)

neko4
10-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Im okay with Stewart, he aint my fave RB and i dont know how he would fit in the system

fenikz
10-03-2007, 06:06 PM
I prefer Harvey over Groves but they are 1a & 1b on my board, great pick.

scar988
10-03-2007, 07:26 PM
With the acquisition of Leftwich solving a QB problem, I think Atlanta takes the best player in the draft giving Leftwich some help with a steady run game.

- LEftwich doesn't solve hte QB in any way shape or form. but we would stillget McFadden cause McFadden and Norwood would be sick together. Anyway, we would still go QB and OT in the 2nd.

Yung Flippa
10-03-2007, 07:28 PM
The Ravens would really think about Terrell Thomas, but i wouldnt complain if we took Tommy Blake.

KCJ58
10-03-2007, 08:11 PM
why did you change your name?

HoopsDemon12
10-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Not gonna happen sorry... We may have a lot of needs but quarterback is NOWHERE near the top of that list...

KCJ58
10-03-2007, 08:18 PM
btw i really like the Rams pick

Travis 24
10-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Eagles:

Reggie Smith! Reggie Smith! Reggie Smith!

BamaFalcon59
10-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Love the Falcons pick. Not going with the flow of everybody with the Brohm pick, I like it. I say that any QB can be made to succeed in Petrino's offense, and we have two high-potential guys (who are still young) on the roster. Yes, we will likely pick one up in round 2 or 3, but I don't think we need one round one unless Dorsey, Jake Long, and McFadden are all gone.

And we have had almost no running game this year.

Sniper
10-03-2007, 09:25 PM
[21. Eagles - Gosder Cherilus OT BC
Their aging tackles are well old. And Justice got ripped a new one so they snatch the man who has kept Ryan upright at BC and will be happy to do the same for McNabb.

Not sure about Cherilus' value at this point. If we're picking this low (probably not) I'd prefer to see Rivers, Justin King, Rey Maualuga, Brian Cushing etc...

thebow305
10-03-2007, 09:35 PM
All Miami fans can be happy with that pic?? I'm not happy with it. It's a terrible pick, he doesn't fit out 3-4 defense. Give us Long or Campbell there instead.

mqtirishfan
10-03-2007, 09:47 PM
/\ Long is not a top 2 guy, and Campbell fits the 3-4 about as well as Dorsey, or worse.

I love the idea of Stewart in Green Bay, but I doubt he falls to us.

Buffalo isn't taking a QB in the first round. They have far more pressing needs, and they have Losman and Edwards.

thebow305
10-03-2007, 09:51 PM
/\ Long is not a top 2 guy, and Campbell fits the 3-4 about as well as Dorsey, or worse.

I love the idea of Stewart in Green Bay, but I doubt he falls to us.

Buffalo isn't taking a QB in the first round. They have far more pressing needs, and they have Losman and Edwards.

Long most certainly is a top 2 guy, the top OT available is almost always a top 2 guy. And Calais is 6'8" and close to 290 pounds and as athletic as most outside backers in the NFL, if not more so. He fits just about any system, he is that talented. I know using him in a 3-4 would almost be wasting his talents as he is a much better fit putting his hand down and rushing off the edge as a 4-3 DE, but when a player has this much talent, you can just put him pretty much anywhere and he will make plays.

Who are you again?

Oh sorry, you're a ND fan. My bad.

mqtirishfan
10-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Long most certainly is a top 2 guy, the top OT available is almost always a top 2 guy. And Calais is 6'8" and close to 290 pounds and as athletic as most outside backers in the NFL, if not more so. He fits just about any system, he is that talented. I know using him in a 3-4 would almost be wasting his talents as he is a much better fit putting his hand down and rushing off the edge as a 4-3 DE, but when a player has this much talent, you can just put him pretty much anywhere and he will make plays.

Who are you again?

Oh sorry, you're a ND fan. My bad.

Sorry, I was thinking Chris Long, who is not a top 2 guy. And I personally don't see Calais as a top 2 talent if you waste it in a 3-4. You say it yourself, he is better in a 4-3. I think he is an elite prospect as a 4-3 end. I think he is still damn good as a 3-4 backer, but not worth that kind of money in that role.

Oh, and of course the team I cheer for has some sort of bearing on my football knowledge, jackass.

Caddy
10-04-2007, 03:31 AM
Wow. I came into this thread and was like, this guy stole M4P's sig, then I kept reading..

In regards to Sed Ellis; Seems to be a relatively popular pick and for good reason too.

Finsfan79
10-04-2007, 05:37 AM
jake long there for miami or a trade back please

we need a tackle to go with carey and our rookie center. Add in long snag a guard in the 2nd or 3rd and we will have one of the best offensive lines around

Carey has been great this year as Left Tackle and getting better as the year has gone on. But long would be a great pick up slide him in at Right tackle or left tackle and move carey to one or the other. The combo together would be wonderful.

I love the player that dorsey and campbell are but neither fits our system. Unless we change system (possible never know)

Crow
10-04-2007, 07:56 AM
As scar mentioned, Leftwich doesn't do anything to upgrade the Falcons' QB situation. McFadden may be the BPA, but like Oakland and Calvin Johnson, the new regime may want a new signal caller.

3. Vikings - Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
QB is one of the most important positions on the field and with Peterson running the ball and that beast offensive line, all the Vikes need is a QB in order to have a high powered offense.
Way too early to give up on a guy they traded up in Rd2 to get. They passed on QBs this past April. I expect they'll do the same this coming April.

5. Raiders - Desean Jackson WR Cal
I must say Culpepper has looked pretty good and their defense is solid. Giving Culpepper an option will help Oakland immensely.
Culpepper is on a 1 year contract. He's not in Oakland;s longterm plans.

Jackson, this high, would be extremely discouraging. We need a WR, but not this badly.

7. Bills - Brian Brohm QB Louisville
Yes Trent Edwards looked good, but Brohm is too good to pass on when you have QB questions.[/quote]
Questionable.

8. Cowboys (from CLE) - Kenny Philips S Miami (FL)
Possibly the only weakness on the team is addressed with this playmaker.
Their secondary has been playing pretty well of late. Not impossible, but I have them figured to be looking at someone like Sam Baker here.

9. Rams - Sam Baker OT USC
Just like the Chiefs, the Rams need to start replacing their aging oline. Maybe they just need some blocking for the Greatest Show on Turf to resume.
So the 9th overall pick rides the pine until Pace retires?

11. Giants - Chris Long DE Virginia
The Son of a HOF gives the Giants someone young to play on the opposite side of Osi. Kiwi and Tuck are good, but Kiwi could definitely have a bright future at LB and Tuck is not the kind of player that keeps teams from drafting superstars like Long.
Kiwi has looked like dung playing LB. Both he and Tuck have performed very well at end. A DE here is simply ridiculous.

14. Titans - Early Doucet III WR LSU
VY has a run game and an oline, but needs a target. Doucet is a definite future superstar at WR.
Kinda high for Doucet, I think...but he may boost his stock between now and April.

22. Buccaneers - Sedrick Ellis DT USC
The Bucs iinterior line is not what it used to be. Ellis will give them a young anchor for years to come.
If he falls this far, th entire 2nd round will be trying to move up for him.

24. Chargers - Antoine Cason CB Arizona
Maybe they should just draft a head coach at this pick? Oh wait that isn't possible, so they will sure up that secondary with Cason.
Cromartie?

25. Seahawks - DeMario Pressley DT NC State
Another team that is solid with no glaring holes adds someone to give them depth and a bright future on defense.
Seems like DT would be among the last places they'd look this high. Bernard and Tubbs seem to have the that position locked down.

Williams moved inside leaving an openning at OLB in this defense. Wheeler makes the defense even scarier.
Williams looks out of place inside. But Wheeler definitely reeks of the type of LB Denver loves.

30. 49ers (from IND) - Limas Sweed WR Texas
Another option for this offense, which keeps getting scarier.
Did I miss something? When did the 9er offense get scary?

31. Cowboys - Steve Slaton RB West Virginia
Something in my gut tells me that he declares early, and missing out on McFadden will leave a bad taste in Jerry Jones' mouth so they snatch up the elusive Slaton.
If they don't land McFadden, I don't think they'll go RB this early. A WR like Bowman would seem more likely here. Some help for the OL, if they didn't take Baker, would also make a lot of sense.

Wyndham
10-04-2007, 08:07 AM

"Even scarier"?

You mean... it scares you now?

That defense is absolutely awful.

Not a fan of your order. I don't like Long, but the Chiefs won't be picking high enough to have that chance, anyway. You have the Chiefs and Broncos picking 24 spots apart - do you really think that will happen?

Joeyjr09
10-04-2007, 07:25 PM
I don't get this talk about Dorsey not fitting into Miami's system. The guy plays a very similar type of game to Rod Wright who did well for us last week and is an even better talent the Wright and Holliday. Dorsey is a little short at only 6'2 but he's very stout at 300 pounds and has a little more room to grow. He's never gonna be a 340 pound NT for us but he's perfect for us to use in a Vonnie Holliday role as he can anchor the end in our 3-4 set against the run and he has enough pass rush moves to help collapse the pocket in the 4-3 set up on passing downs.

I mean he is exactly the type of verstile DL that Miami needs because he can be moved around into different spots in different situations which is when our defense is at it's best. When we have verstile players we can move around and throw off the offenses we play is when we win games. When we sit back and have players that aren't capable of handling different roles and get stuck in situations that the offense can expect is when we get run all over.

It's not like Dorsey is Okoye who was pretty much strictly a 4-3 interior tackle and didn't really have the frame to handle interior duties on our defense. Dorsey has the thick frame to play inside like Holliday does for us and the pass rush moves to helps us get some pressure on the QB. I think Dorsey is exactly what the Dolphins need.

thebow305
10-04-2007, 10:19 PM
I don't get this talk about Dorsey not fitting into Miami's system. The guy plays a very similar type of game to Rod Wright who did well for us last week and is an even better talent the Wright and Holliday. Dorsey is a little short at only 6'2 but he's very stout at 300 pounds and has a little more room to grow. He's never gonna be a 340 pound NT for us but he's perfect for us to use in a Vonnie Holliday role as he can anchor the end in our 3-4 set against the run and he has enough pass rush moves to help collapse the pocket in the 4-3 set up on passing downs.

I mean he is exactly the type of verstile DL that Miami needs because he can be moved around into different spots in different situations which is when our defense is at it's best. When we have verstile players we can move around and throw off the offenses we play is when we win games. When we sit back and have players that aren't capable of handling different roles and get stuck in situations that the offense can expect is when we get run all over.

It's not like Dorsey is Okoye who was pretty much strictly a 4-3 interior tackle and didn't really have the frame to handle interior duties on our defense. Dorsey has the thick frame to play inside like Holliday does for us and the pass rush moves to helps us get some pressure on the QB. I think Dorsey is exactly what the Dolphins need.

Dorsey is a great player, don't get me wrong. But he not an IDEAL fit for our system, he is a great player and I'm sure he would make plays in whatever system he's in, but he is a little too short to play end in a 3-4 and not stout enough to be a nose tackle. That could be different if he gained 15-20 pounds, but I don't see that happening. He could work in the system, but all I'm saying is, like Campbell, it would almost be wasting his talent to be put in our 3-4, both of them are BETTER fits in the 4-3 and would flourish better in that system.

Oh and Irish fan.....I know that had nothing to do with your football IQ, I just thought it would be funny to add it in there, don't call me a jackass though, it's grounds for an infraction if you haven't already recieved one. You're better than that, I think.

bearsfan_51
10-05-2007, 12:45 AM
1) The Bears won't pick that late.

2) Colt Brennan isn't a 1st rounder at this juncture.

Joeyjr09
10-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Dorsey is a great player, don't get me wrong. But he not an IDEAL fit for our system, he is a great player and I'm sure he would make plays in whatever system he's in, but he is a little too short to play end in a 3-4 and not stout enough to be a nose tackle. That could be different if he gained 15-20 pounds, but I don't see that happening. He could work in the system, but all I'm saying is, like Campbell, it would almost be wasting his talent to be put in our 3-4, both of them are BETTER fits in the 4-3 and would flourish better in that system.

Oh and Irish fan.....I know that had nothing to do with your football IQ, I just thought it would be funny to add it in there, don't call me a jackass though, it's grounds for an infraction if you haven't already recieved one. You're better than that, I think.

The the great thing about our system. We don't run a classic 3-4. We run a hybrid 3-4 that when it's at it's best, we can move back and forth into different situations. This year we haven't been using our 3-4 as much but instead we've been bring Porter down to DE and playing more 4-3. Dorsey would dominate for us as an interior pass rusher when we only use our 4-3 set up (pass rush has been an issue from our 4-3 this season) but although he's short, he is also stout and strong enough to handle the DE spot on running situations in the 3-4 and could even give Soliai a breather once in a blue moon at NT until we get a true NT to handle that spot. I just think Dorsey has too much value too us too pass up at that spot and I'd take him in a hearbeat.

Bearsfan123
10-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Bears: I dont really like the Colt Brennan pick. Not over Gosder Cherilous anyway. Cherilous has the potential to be a stud LT, while Brennan has the system tag along with height deficiencies. So Cherilous would be the better pick IMO

Jughead10
10-05-2007, 11:27 AM
No way Giants pick a DE. Tuck has been our best and most consistent defensive player all year. Between his emergence and Kiwi still playing on the D-line in pass rushing situations, I see zero need for a DE. We could literally go any other position on D and I'd be fine with it as long as I like the talent we draft.