PDA

View Full Version : What is your thoughts on Oregon?

oregonduckfootball
10-03-2007, 05:47 PM
What is your thoughts on Oregon?
bestplayers?
record Perdiction...?
anything?

rainbeaukid2
10-03-2007, 08:33 PM
jonathon stewart is a beast, they should do well this year but they still have to play UCLA and USC this year so that may be 2 more losses on the year. dixon needs to play as he did before and keep up the good decision making and colvin and williams are good receivers that he has to throw too. the defense isn't too shabby either

TouchdownUSC
10-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I am a big Johnathan Stewart fan. I think Oregon is a very good team and i was pulling for them to beat Cal. I think Oregon will lose to USC but put up a good fight. I think they will beat UCLA if Dixon keeps playing the way he has. I would love to see Oregon in a BCS Bowl. I think their only losses could be USC and Cal if they stay consistant.

V. Young
10-03-2007, 09:42 PM
We dont have to worry about ucla as much as usc and az st. We can take it ucla. I love jon stewart as well. I am buddies with jarius byrd. Went to middle school and high school with him still hang with him. I also have season ticks to the ducks games. GO DUCKS!

soybean
10-03-2007, 09:46 PM
We dont have to worry about ucla as much as usc and az st. We can take it ucla. I love jon stewart as well. I am buddies with jarius byrd. Went to middle school and high school with him still hang with him. I also have season ticks to the ducks games. GO DUCKS!

UCLA is pretty tough at home, though.

oregonduckfootball
10-05-2007, 12:25 PM
asu is overrated tho...look at there sheduale!

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-05-2007, 02:11 PM
ASU isnt overated.They could end up 2nd in the Pac Ten.But I doubt it.
UCLA is overated year in year out though.

10-05-2007, 02:19 PM

ucla beat usc last year and a year later still no respect lol
im not sayin there an elite team but they are certainly not overrated and one to watch out for some upsets later in the year

RyanLeaf#1
10-05-2007, 02:21 PM
im not sayin there an elite team but they are certainly not overrated and one to watch out for some upsets later in the year

They lost to Utah by like 30...

Paranoidmoonduck
10-05-2007, 02:50 PM
We're going to find out real soon whether this team is going to falter like it did last year.

Three straight games against USC, Arizona State, and Washington should push them to perform. They luck out by getting SC and Arizona St. at home, but they have to go to Washington and win, something that USC had a lot of trouble doing.

I like Oregon, but they are going to have to continue playing excellent. The entire offense flows around Dennis Dixon. When he's playing like crap, the defense can focus entirely on stopping Stewart.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Right now USC,Cal,Oregon,and ASU are better than UCLA.And even though they beat Washington Id rather play UCLA than Washington.

soybean
10-05-2007, 03:04 PM
They lost to Utah by like 30...

this was their statement year and they blew it. They returned their whole defense and although they lost against FSU they were still trying to ride the momentum of having beat USC. That loss to Utah was a huge embarassment, not only for ucla but the pac-10.

the biggest reason i think they lost was ben olson. He's still not comfortable in the pocket, and now ucla always have to play from behind against tough opponents. I would say put Patrick Cowan in but, well, he got injured in his chance.

Their d-line is still pretty good, but their secondary gives up too many big plays.

Also, they don't know how to get the ball to their playmakers. Against Oregon State Brandon Breazell had 2 catches for 99 yards and 2 touchdowns.

If they somehow get it going, I think they have a shot against Oregon.

BadgerMike
10-05-2007, 05:46 PM
They let a big win slip away .

oregonduckfootball
10-07-2007, 02:00 PM

they have lost to utah by like 30 and NORTE DAME! who was 0-5 with like no scoring ability whatsoever...

RyanLeaf#1
10-07-2007, 04:38 PM

LOL my squad beat them. UCLA stinks man.

oregonduckfootball
10-21-2007, 02:26 PM
i think oregon will go undefeated for the rest of the season and make a bcs game and even maybe a championship

soybean
10-21-2007, 02:31 PM
i think oregon will go undefeated for the rest of the season and make a bcs game and even maybe a championship

maybe, but their defense is suspect. It'll be a tough test this coming saturday, but USC has one of the best run defenses in the country, and most of their injured starters are coming back. Oregon also lost its 2 wrs and jerimiah johnson. That'll hurt them, but i wouldn't put anything past dixon.

yourfavestoner
10-21-2007, 05:19 PM

You must have them mistaken with that other college in Los Angeles. ;)

KCJ58
10-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Arizona State>>>Rest of the Pac-10

Turtlepower
10-21-2007, 06:32 PM

At least someone on this board speaks the truth. =D

Iamcanadian
10-21-2007, 11:18 PM

Even though USC still has to play Oregon, Cal and Arizona St. away, I'd be scared if I were them. Booty has stunk it up this year but he has been replaced by Sanchez and if they get their passing attack going, they are going to dominating with their defense. These 3 schools need one of them to beat USC or USC will become Pac 10 champions again.

jbeans187
10-22-2007, 02:20 AM
they have lost to utah by like 30 and NORTE DAME! who was 0-5 with like no scoring ability whatsoever...

Exactly!!!!!

D-Unit
10-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Big Jonathan Stewart fan. This year is their best year to win the PAC 10 while USC is in rebuilding mode.

duckseason
10-22-2007, 04:14 AM
Big Jonathan Stewart fan. This year is their best year to win the PAC 10 while USC is in rebuilding mode.

Yeah when you consider how our schedule worked out with our home and away games, having a senior QB, and SC finally struggling, this is a golden opportunity to do something big. That Cal game was a heartbreaker that could come back to haunt us though. And injuries are becoming a big factor as well.

BuddyCHRIST
10-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Dixon really makes that offense go imo, they really had the opportunity to beat Cal so they are that close to being undefeated. Having USC at home is a big plus.

V. Young
10-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Im sure none of you liked the ducks until this season. All of a sudden they are the talk around here now. I am a duck through thick and thin always will be.

duckseason
10-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Im sure none of you liked the ducks until this season. All of a sudden they are the talk around here now. I am a duck through thick and thin always will be.
Yeah dude, I didn't grow up in Eugene or anything. Never played at Autzen as a kid or have multiple baseball/basketball coaches who were Duck football players at the same time. Never sat and bs'd in the beer garden at Civic Stadium with a dozen of the players- as a 13 year old. Nope, I'm just a bandwagoner.

Who do you guys think will be the most exciting team to watch this year. I am gonna have to put my vote on Texas.

Not just because I am a texas fan, but I think with jamaal charles in the back field and colt mccoy throwing to limas sweed, I think they will be fun to watch. West V. is always fun to watch, pat white, steve, and renaud. They are fun to watch for sure! :)

True Duck fans despise the Longhorns. Who did you root for in the '00 Holiday bowl? And why is your screen name V. Young rather than D. Dixon?

J stew is getting in the race after tonight. My man was awesome! I love my ducks. I live right by the stadium got my season ticks. yeah baby. I was sitting by a dick husky fan who I just about knocked out but j stew did it for me on the field, guy left right after j stews last run. haha

Oh, just curious, but where exactly do you live? What street? Your post above seems to imply that you live right by Autzen and have season tickets. It also sounds as though you're saying that you watched the game at Autzen. You're aware that it was played in Seattle, right?

Name the bridge you cross to get from downtown to Autzen.
Name 1 of the bars that is down the street from Autzen.
Name the closest city park to Autzen.

I dont live in L.A. anymore I was born there. Now I live in portland. and have season tickets to the duck games. simi isnt there either now. I really hope wade gets back here and starts next year!

See, you shouldn't just go around questioning strangers' loyalty to their home team without good reason. You're being grilled right now because of numerous inconsistencies I've noticed over time in your posts. In other words, I have legitimate reason to question you, while you're just blowing smoke out your ass while questioning others. Check yourself.

soybean
10-22-2007, 08:37 PM
sorry v. young, you were owned.

ive never heard of a "die hard duck fan, through thick and thin" rave about the longhorns.

And i apologize as I now realize that only you are allowed to be a fan of oregon.

V. Young
10-22-2007, 08:41 PM
I didnt say you...I can see by your name you are a fan. I went to seattle for the game, season ticks applies to every game. I go to the away games as well. I like vince young because I met him, very nice guy. Never once did I say I was a longhorn fan. And I do not live in eugene, I leave near the stadium. Quit bashing bro. I have always been a duck fan.

V. Young
10-22-2007, 08:42 PM
I guess I shouldnt say near the stadium I live in canby oregon. haha just was saying that as in people far away new I live in oregon. Sorry shouldnt have said near cause technically I am not that close but oh well.

duckseason
10-23-2007, 12:48 AM
I didnt say you...I can see by your name you are a fan. I went to seattle for the game, season ticks applies to every game. I go to the away games as well. I like vince young because I met him, very nice guy. Never once did I say I was a longhorn fan. And I do not live in eugene, I leave near the stadium. Quit bashing bro. I have always been a duck fan.

Season tickets include every game? Hmm. So how was the trip to Michigan? You fly or drive? You must be one of the very few people who are able to travel that much on a week to week basis. Surprised those tickets sell so well.

Quit bashing? You made this post-
-two posts after I posted in this thread. Considering I was one of just a few who were claiming to be Duck fans, you've got to be expecting a response from me when you make a post like that. Who the hell is everybody supposed to think you're addressing with that garbage?

You were the guy doing the bashing here. I was merely responding to your ridiculous post. Everything I said to you was in direct response to things you've posted on this board. It's not my aim to make you look bad or "bash" you. You did that to yourself.

Oh, and you did imply that you were a longhorn fan when you created this (http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=424406#post424406) thread and stated the words "I am a Texas fan" within it.

duckseason
10-23-2007, 12:50 AM
I guess I shouldnt say near the stadium I live in canby oregon. haha just was saying that as in people far away new I live in oregon. Sorry shouldnt have said near cause technically I am not that close but oh well.

Yeah, "right by the stadium" kinda implies to most people that you live within a few mile radius. To me, it implies you live in one of the apartment complexes down the street or something. In reality, you live much closer to Reser than Autzen. No biggie, but look what I'm responding to. It appeared to me as though you were the person you were most closely describing with that post.

DChess
10-23-2007, 09:28 AM
my intial thoughts are they are one fumble on the one inch line away from being #1 in the country. they have an explosive offense that compensates for a weak defense. im just scared when they run into a defense that will stop to 21 pts that the defense wont be up to the challenge to hold there oppenents offense, but we shall see. it already happened at home this year to cal, given they could have pulled it out, and they were facing a good offense, i still would have liked to see them get a win from their defense

draftguru151
10-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Not just because I am a texas fan

LOL, OWNED.

BroadwayJoe10
10-23-2007, 11:39 PM
I feel like i stumbled across an emo forum with kids who dye their finger nails black and have there hair constantly covering their eyes lol who complain about how they can't like their favorite band anymore becuase they are doing well and other people now like them. If what I get from your post V. Young, it seems as though any team who suddenly excedes expectations people can't talk postively about them without people telling them they were jumping on the bandwagon. It is quite clear duckseason is a die hard fan, i have seen his name on every thread about the ducks this year and the last. I mean this may not be your contention at all, but it seems you were calling out everyone that was talking highly about the ducks.

I mean I've been an oregon fan since the jets drafted kellen clemens. But, I have no problems saying that my liking for them started becuase of who my nfl team drafted and their kickass colors haha. And becuase of that, i happen to say i like dixon or stewart i dont feel like someone telling me im just jumping on the bandwagon.

OregonDucks
10-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Wow v. young...haha you sounded unintelligent here. haha First post not a good one by me, haha sorry. I can tell duck season is a true fan, haha. This site is awesome guys!

Addict
10-26-2007, 06:39 AM
Just watched Campus Crawl on nfl.com and dennis dixon looks like a matchstick man.

oregonduckfootball
10-26-2007, 07:31 PM
i have been a oregon duck fan since i was born.....i go to every game....stand on the sidelines for pregame.....go to locker room and all that stuff....go to all the games (away and bowl games included)

OregonDucks
10-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Cool. I have been in the locker room once. Really cool, you must have some kinda connection. Or are bloody rich.

bored of education
10-27-2007, 08:04 PM
They looked great today.

OregonDucks
10-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Yeah they did look good. I was there. Also saw joey harrington there. Fun game to be at.

Turtlepower
10-29-2007, 12:36 AM
PAC-10 title is decided next week when ASU goes to Eugene. I think it will be a great game for both teams.

RockJock07
10-29-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm not a fan of Oregen, but they are sure fun to watch. I would love to see them agaisnt a really good D like Ohio State or LSU. If they can win out and BC does to, i have to give the edge to Oregon. That means LSU needs to lose but crazier things have happened, either way, the Ducks are on fire

ljaxson
10-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Best Players:
Dennis Dixon
John Stewert
Jaison Williams
Geoff Shawrtz
Jeremy Gibbs
Nick Reed
David Fateetee
A.J Tutetellie
Patrick Chung
Jarius Bryd
Kwame Ogyemon

Record:
10-2

Loses to Oregon State and doesnt get into National Championship game

Primetime21
10-29-2007, 10:52 PM
i have been a oregon duck fan since i was born.....i go to every game....stand on the sidelines for pregame.....go to locker room and all that stuff....go to all the games (away and bowl games included)

Duckseason look like you have some questioning to do.

Primetime21
10-29-2007, 10:58 PM

I have season tickets to the Huskies so I might as well give you some questions.

What bus did you take when you arrived from the airport since if you go to every game you must fly?

What section were all the Oregon fans in?

What was the Halftime entertainment and what about pregame?

Edit: J stew is getting in the race after tonight. My man was awesome! I love my ducks. I live right by the stadium got my season ticks. yeah baby. I was sitting by a dick husky fan who I just about knocked out but j stew did it for me on the field, guy left right after j stews last run. haha

This was right after the Husky game(10/20 10:40) so unless you brought a laptop to the game and ran to the nearest Starbucks this proves you lied and that you have embarrassed your self repeatedly.

OregonDucks
10-30-2007, 06:27 PM
haha V. Youngs got nothing to say back..haha fruitcake liar man. Dont say stuff thats not true in here, all those things you said are pathetic.