PDA

View Full Version : Cory Boyd

foozball
10-04-2007, 01:37 PM
I know he's probably a 4th rounder, but does anyone else here think he's one of the more underrated players? He doesn't put up big numbers because he splits carries, but he has prototypical size at 6'1 215lbs give or take, he has solid average speed, he has great hands and adds another dimension in the passing game, and he's been productive when given the chance with a career 4.8 YPC and 81 career receptions in the 3 previous years. Not to mention he does this in the SEC.

draftguru151
10-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Where's MOTH? :D

I'm a big fan of him. Very good power, explosive guy. Very good size. Good receiver. Runs smart. Has some character issues but that seems to be behind him. Very underrated, especially in such a weak senior class.

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2007, 02:57 PM
DG and I have discussed this on many occassions. Cory gets no love, it's just mind boggling, really. He is your do everything back. He's very instinctive and has shown to have outstanding balance, he runs for power, he's explosive, possesses very effective juke moves, he's elusive and creative, he's an effective blocker (saw time at FB), and he has top notch receiving skills out of the backfield. There is not much to dislike here.

Come combine time, Cory could be a fast riser up many boards.

Don Vito
10-04-2007, 03:04 PM
He is a beast physically, will probably go around 6-1 210 4.5. He is great out of the backfield as a receiver, is athletic, but the best thing about Boyd is that he runs like somebodys going to kill him if he doesn't score. I love Boyd, he should be a late first rounder to me but will probably be a mid-late day 1.

M.O.T.H.
10-04-2007, 03:06 PM
He is a beast physically, will probably go around 6-1 210 4.5. He is great out of the backfield as a receiver, is athletic, but the best thing about Boyd is that he runs like somebodys going to kill him if he doesn't score. I love Boyd, he should be a late first rounder to me but will probably be a mid-late day 1.

I think given a nice combine...we could see him in the 2nd.