PDA

View Full Version : Andre Woodson

d34ng3l021
10-04-2007, 04:24 PM
So is it safe to assume that he is better than Brohm?

thefalconer
10-04-2007, 04:27 PM
i think so..

better stats
better competition
more success.

Shiver
10-04-2007, 04:36 PM
I like him better than Brohm, but I think the odds are better that the team ends up with Brohm. Right now I think Woodson is the #1 pick right now, unless a team has absolutely no need for a QB. I think Atlanta will finish with a record that will earn a 5-6 draft slot.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-04-2007, 04:38 PM
So is it safe to assume that he is better than Brohm?

I think so, physically he is superior to Brohm, Woodson is very accurate, has a nice arm and can go deep, his mechanics are good, he is a great leader, and #1 is he never makes stupid throws. He has the NCAA record for most passes thrown without an interception, his ceiling is high. Brohm I see has a gunslinger who can get himself in trouble like a Marc Bulger or worst case scenario a Rex Grossman, but with Petrino it will be interesting, kinda like Tennessee in which everyone thought they would take Leinart because of Norm Chow, but they decided instead to make the smart move and take the better QB.

d34ng3l021
10-04-2007, 04:58 PM
I think so, physically he is superior to Brohm, Woodson is very accurate, has a nice arm and can go deep, his mechanics are good, he is a great leader, and #1 is he never makes stupid throws. He has the NCAA record for most passes thrown without an interception, his ceiling is high. Brohm I see has a gunslinger who can get himself in trouble like a Marc Bulger or worst case scenario a Rex Grossman, but with Petrino it will be interesting, kinda like Tennessee in which everyone thought they would take Leinart because of Norm Chow, but they decided instead to make the smart move and take the better QB.

I hope we do the same thing. Petrino doesnt have much say in drafting, but there might be a small chance we take Brohm over Woodson. I would be pissed though.

At the rate we are going though, I think we will be picking outside the top5, and Brohm will slip, so we can still have him. That would be a pretty good scenario.

Or if all else fails, we can take Kenny Phillips and get the stud safety I have always wanted.

10-04-2007, 05:40 PM
im sure he will have much to learn in the NFL like any rookie QB but i think he will be ready to start from day one

SeanTaylorRIP
10-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah wouldn't you guys have taken Landry over Anderson if he was there, I heard Landry was #1 defensive player on the Falcons draft board.

d34ng3l021
10-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Yeah wouldn't you guys have taken Landry over Anderson if he was there, I heard Landry was #1 defensive player on the Falcons draft board.

Why do you think I was so pissed off when you guys drafted Landry?

Safety isnt that much of a need this year though. We have Jimmy Williams at FS, and he has shown promise, but still is very inconsistent. I dont know how much longer Milloy can hold down the fort at SS. His back up Stone looked good, but that was preseason and he was a 6th round pick. We will see.

I will be honestly surprised to see us draft Phillips though. We have alot of other bigger needs.

Great. Now I am pissed off we didnt get Landry again. And Huff the year before.

I want Woodson though. So badly.

litlharsh
10-04-2007, 06:41 PM
If Washington didn't take Landry, reports were coming in that he was the pick over Peterson on the Vikings' board. Thank god that didn't happen.

d34ng3l021
10-04-2007, 06:43 PM
I cant believe we missed out on Landry and Peterson because Washington and Minnesota took em out of the blue. No one saw those picks coming.

litlharsh
10-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Washington - Landry was definitely WTF? I was so pissed they took him at the time. Peterson to MN had been going on for a while though. speculation abound.

And I can see how you'd be totally pissed. That sucks.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-04-2007, 08:00 PM
My ideal draft would actually be Darren McFadden followed up by Dennis Dixon. I love Dixon's arm and playmaking ability in Petrino's scheme, and we all know DMac. Might just be me though.

thefalconer
10-04-2007, 08:25 PM
My ideal draft would actually be Darren McFadden followed up by Dennis Dixon. I love Dixon's arm and playmaking ability in Petrino's scheme, and we all know DMac. Might just be me though.

my ideal would be the same except we trade up to the late 1st for matt ryan if he is there. we would be losing a draft pick in the second but i'm starting to become a believer that the 'traditional' qb is what it takes to be a superbowl contender and eventual winner.

thefalconer
10-04-2007, 08:29 PM
woodsons been disappointing in the first half.

BamaFalcon59
10-04-2007, 09:17 PM
I think Petrino can make any QB work this offense. We have two highly talented QBs on the roster already, and this QB class is deep.

Brian Brohm
Andre Woodson
Matt Ryan
Sam Keller
Denis Dixon
Chad Henne
Erik Ainge
Colt Brennan

Pretty deep. Right now I would say the running game is our biggest offensive weakness, and it seems we like Norwood in different roles so when he does touch the ball he is fresh. Maybe that is his best role? But if we do end up with the top pick, I like McFadden all the way. Most talented player in the draft, and IMO a need.

Early mock draft...

1: Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas
2a: Sam Keller, QB Nebraska
2b: Tony Hills, OT Newberry
3: Darien Williams, S Oklahoma
4: Marcus Harrison, DT Arkansas
5: Rodrick Johnson, MLB Oklahoma State
6: Brandon Coutou, K Georgia
7: Leodis McKelvin, CB Troy
7: Rob Jackson, DE Kansas State

iloxygenil
10-04-2007, 09:55 PM
I think there are just way too many options for this team as far as the draft goes. I like Sam, but I'm quickly becoming a bigger fan of Dennis...

10-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Washington - Landry was definitely WTF? I was so pissed they took him at the time. Peterson to MN had been going on for a while though. speculation abound.

And I can see how you'd be totally pissed. That sucks.

actually both picks were speculated well in advance and to me landry wasnt as big of a surprise as peterson. o well nothin beats ted ginn.

Shiver
10-05-2007, 01:39 AM
I want the next QB of the Falcons to be as different from Michael Vick as possible. No Dixon!

D-Unit
10-05-2007, 01:40 AM
You guys still like Woodson after today's performance?

ATLDirtyBirds
10-05-2007, 04:50 AM
I want the next QB of the Falcons to be as different from Michael Vick as possible. No Dixon!

Haha. I thought Mike had a ton of potential in Petrino's system where a big arm and athletism can be deadly, which is part of the reason I've liked Dixon so much.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-05-2007, 04:51 AM
You guys still like Woodson after today's performance?

Yes. The fumbles where huge, but look at his passing stats. They are still pretty solid.

D-Unit
10-05-2007, 05:35 AM
Yes. The fumbles where huge, but look at his passing stats. They are still pretty solid.
I'm not really bothered by the fumbles. It's the poor decision making, not knowing how to handle pressure in the backfield, zero elusiveness and hit or miss accuracy. He basically looked like a bus driver type QB. He couldn't rally his team and didn't show signs of being able to take the game over. Looks too robotic, imo. Brohm is a much better QB in almost every facet of the game.

iloxygenil
10-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Dixon is the man...I want a QB who can move...not run...move. Dixon is a good athlete but he's not going to pull it down and run every opportunity he gets either. I dunno...I'd love to bring Stewart and Dixon both here in the 2nd round if that was possible and then in the first round take a Sam Baker or someone like that...or Rey if he comes out.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-05-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm not really bothered by the fumbles. It's the poor decision making, not knowing how to handle pressure in the backfield, zero elusiveness and hit or miss accuracy. He basically looked like a bus driver type QB. He couldn't rally his team and didn't show signs of being able to take the game over. Looks too robotic, imo. Brohm is a much better QB in almost every facet of the game.

Personally I didn't see the game, but Brohm hasn't impressed me at all so far.

iloxygenil
10-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Have you watched him play though? He's incredibly impressive. He's ELITE no matter what year he comes out. He would have challenged for #1 with JaMarcus last year. He's got everything you could want in a QB...really. Great head on his shoulders, great decisions, gets the ball out of his hands quick, and can throw a deep ball that's for darn sure. Beautiful touch on his passes...I like Woodson but I can't get away from Brohm, I think we're over skeptical simply because it's the easy thing to do would be to bring him back with his old College coach. But Brohm is an elite talent no doubt about it.

M.O.T.H.
10-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah, it's still early but, Kiper has him falling. Today on Mike and Mike he ranked the QB's like so...

1. Brohm
2. Ryan
3. Woodson

The next few games against the SEC's elite, could really be a deciding factor in Andre's draft position. Woodson was awful last night...he's not used to being rushed and it showed...he was forcing throws and constantly making bad decisions. He's lucky to have come out of the game with only three turnovers. As Kiper said, these next few weeks will define Woodson. They could mean the difference between being taken 2nd among Qb's or being say the 4th signal caller taken off the board. Yes, it was one game but, already his stock seems to be falling among experts. He did not look like an elite prospect yesterday. It was a very poor showing...he needs to bring his "A" game next week against LSU. Now, I'm sure he'll still be taken 2nd after Brohm but, he really needs to show that he can be better when under pressure in the upcoming weeks.

M.O.T.H.
10-05-2007, 10:57 AM

23-40 is nothing to really get excited over and the bulk of his yards game on screens and uncovered hitches.

D-Rod
10-05-2007, 11:17 AM
The thing is, any QB can look pretty good when he gets time in the pocket.

When it comes to drafting, I'd prefer to take the QB whom I've seen get subjected to heavy pressure, and has done well more often than not, ahead of the guy who's been sitting pretty throwing 70%.

It is definitely worrying that the first time Woodson was subjected to a good defense, he looked average, if not panicked. It will be a good indication of his temperament to see how he responds when facing LSU. Apparently they have a decent defense...

Shiver
10-05-2007, 12:57 PM
If Harrington keeps it up, which is a lot to ask, QB might not even be a need nor will the team be in position to draft one of the elite ones. How Harrington plays from here on out will determine a lot of things.

D-Rod
10-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Indeed. That would obviously be a good thing. Brohm, Woodson and Ryan all have a decent chance to be good NFL QBs, but none of them is exactly Peyton part deux.

If Harrington turns out to be even just a tolerable starting QB, we're suddenly only a few pieces (basically some extra size on both lines) from being genuinely competitive. And with a ton of draft picks this year...

Keep the confidence going, Joey.

thefalconer
10-05-2007, 04:23 PM
say we finish.. 7-9. harrington has an abysmal season, but the best of his career. do we still look at a future qb in the mid first or second round?

D-Unit
10-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Have you watched him play though? He's incredibly impressive. He's ELITE no matter what year he comes out. He would have challenged for #1 with JaMarcus last year. He's got everything you could want in a QB...really. Great head on his shoulders, great decisions, gets the ball out of his hands quick, and can throw a deep ball that's for darn sure. Beautiful touch on his passes...I like Woodson but I can't get away from Brohm, I think we're over skeptical simply because it's the easy thing to do would be to bring him back with his old College coach. But Brohm is an elite talent no doubt about it.
After watching Kentucky lose against SC, it's really ease to see that Brohm is the better QB. Even after seeing Louisville lose against Utah.

Pittbc7
10-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Woodson looked bad yesterday when he faced constant pressure. He also has the privelege of having a great running game to support him which gets overlooked when he is hyped up.

Shiver
10-06-2007, 01:47 AM
say we finish.. 7-9. harrington has an abysmal season, but the best of his career. do we still look at a future qb in the mid first or second round?

If Harrington and Leftwich are under contract, and Harrington had a solid season (i.e the best of his career), then I would say no.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-06-2007, 08:24 AM
If Harrington and Leftwich are under contract, and Harrington had a solid season (i.e the best of his career), then I would say no.

I would have to agree. I think we go for a McFadden, Dorsey, or Long instead, and pick up a 2nd or 3rd round QB to try and mold.

10-06-2007, 10:02 AM
I would have to agree. I think we go for a McFadden, Dorsey, or Long instead, and pick up a 2nd or 3rd round QB to try and mold.

the falcons would be better off selecting a player who could be the face of the franchise a position vick held for the longest time and officially have them move on in the post-vick era..mcfadden fits the bill

ATLDirtyBirds
10-06-2007, 10:20 AM
the falcons would be better off selecting a player who could be the face of the franchise a position vick held for the longest time and officially have them move on in the post-vick era..mcfadden fits the bill

Yes he does, but a big-time LT, or someone like Dorsey is probably a bigger need. If Barber or Turner become available, and we pick one of them up, our RB problem is solved. Even though I love the Norwood/DMac combo.

Shiver
10-06-2007, 02:58 PM

Winning cures all ills. People, for the most part, will forget about Vick if the team does well. Harrington has been good thus far, and Leftwich has talent as well. If they can play adequately then the team: 1. won't be in a position to draft one of the 'elite' Quarterbacks, and 2. it would help the team more to draft a LT, DT, or RB.

oldLibid21
10-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Brohm will be better under Petrino's system.

10-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Yes he does, but a big-time LT, or someone like Dorsey is probably a bigger need. If Barber or Turner become available, and we pick one of them up, our RB problem is solved. Even though I love the Norwood/DMac combo.

i feel a RB for the falcons is just as big of a need as a LT or DT

Shiver
10-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Those three are the biggest, by far. I thought QB would have been, but so far so good. Petrino's offense has made Joey Harrington look like Joey Heisman again.

joercky
10-06-2007, 10:30 PM
For my 2 cents I don't think ATL needs a QB. Your D line is old with Grady Jackson starting while Coleman is injured all the time. Petrino doesn't have the type of big, beefy o-line he wants or the big bruising Eric Shelton or Mike Bush type back in this offense. The safeties suck and the only corner yall have is DeAngelo Hall. Joey is looking different while Leftwich is young already. Build up the LINE.

Shiver
10-07-2007, 09:07 PM
This is why overreaction is so dangerous. First two weeks Harrington sucked it up, then he was great the next two weeks, and now.... There isn't any semblance of consistency.

DraftMichaelHuff
10-08-2007, 04:10 AM
yes but look at the time he got last week AND in the preason. Joey is a smart guy, if we get him time back there he will make reads rip teams to shreads. As of now, unless we draft Dennis Dixon to run away from 300lbers every 2nd play there isnt much difference who is in there at Qb.

Granted; the completion to Roddy White not going for 6 was all on Joey.

The season is only 16 games long, over-reaction is all part of the fun.