PDA

View Full Version : I cant stand Mark May

LonghornsLegend
10-05-2007, 02:26 PM
It makes me sick everytime i hear him talk about College Football, seems like he always finds a way to sound like a USC nuthugger every time he opens his mouth...Thats all I hear from him, its getting horrible

Jughead10
10-05-2007, 02:30 PM
I wanna see Lou Holtz beat him up.

RyanLeaf#1
10-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Mark May is one of the biggest ND haters around. I loved 2 years ago when they opened at Pitt and spanked them. It was great. May or Corso had nothing to say after that game.

Jughead10
10-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Mark May is one of the biggest ND haters around. I loved 2 years ago when they opened at Pitt and spanked them. It was great. May or Corso had nothing to say after that game.

He probably couldn't get in.

RyanLeaf#1
10-05-2007, 02:33 PM
I wanna see Lou Holtz beat him up.

I hope Holtz and May are still on in 2 years when Notre Dame is back on top and Holtz gets to break his balls.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Ugh ESPN announcers suck, hate May, and Lou I love the guy but as an announcer he struggles to speak, he also gets cranky when he doesn't get his milk and cookies.

Geo
10-05-2007, 02:34 PM
That Lou Holtz for Prethadent sign from College Gameday a week or so back still cracks the heck out of me up.

yourfavestoner
10-05-2007, 03:01 PM
May is just a giant Trojan dick sucker. And Herbie is just a Big 10 dick sucker.
ESPN just sucks.

BrownsTown
10-05-2007, 03:05 PM
May is just a giant Trojan dick sucker. And Herbie is just a Big 10 dick sucker.
ESPN just sucks.

Herbstreit doesn't get enough credit. He's extremely unbiased and makes good points. He actually understands the game.

Mark May just still thinks it's 2005...IIRC the last two years he had Texas in the National Championship game in their preseason thing.

soybean
10-05-2007, 03:07 PM
They're all homers(coming from a trojan fan). I mean, with all respect to Notre Dame, Lou Holtz picked them to have 10 wins this year.

Herbstreit had Penn State as a TOP 5 team a couple weeks ago. ( i love herbstreit though)

The reason I think the SEC doesn't get THAT much love is because they have their own station in CBS.

andyjo672
10-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Herbstreit perpetually rags on Wisconsin. I heard he had us ranked #25 in his preseason poll (although we haven't been great, we were supposed to be at that time), he refuses to put us in his top student sections, and I have NEVER seen him pick us to beat anyone when they go through the big games of the week, EVER.

M.O.T.H.
10-05-2007, 03:25 PM
I cant stand Corso...I wonder what he thinks of South Carolina now.

P-L
10-05-2007, 03:45 PM
I love hearing Lou Holtz and Mark May around the ND/USC game. It's so funny.

andyjo672
10-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Although some of their homerism may be frustrating, College Gameday is a great show, they do a great job of capturing the excitement and energy of a college football pregame.

draftguru151
10-05-2007, 05:32 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/36/369288.jpg

Don't mess with the game day guys. Corso is a bit over the top but he's still awesome. May and Holtz are terrible though.

kwilk103
10-05-2007, 05:43 PM
i liked how after the first week (may have been preseason) may said notre dame would be lucky to win 6 games and if they did he would bring his coach of the year ballot on cfb live and vote charlie weiss coach of the year; they then went on to show notre dames schedule and holtz said they would start 6-2 and beat usc; may basically laughed in his face, it was pretty funny

and gameday is awesome, i just wish they would come to wvu for once (maybe next year against usf or rugters)

benchod
10-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Herbstreit perpetually rags on Wisconsin. I heard he had us ranked #25 in his preseason poll (although we haven't been great, we were supposed to be at that time), he refuses to put us in his top student sections, and I have NEVER seen him pick us to beat anyone when they go through the big games of the week, EVER.

When Vegas has unranked Illinois favored over Wisconsin coming into this weekend, ragging on Wisconsin and the Big 10 in general is in vogue right now.

Michigan singlehandedly destroyed the conference's reputation, which has 2 top 5 teams.

Windy
10-05-2007, 05:46 PM
http://static.flickr.com/104/264676613_99da0d9109.jpg

LonghornsLegend
10-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Arent they at least supposed to try and act un-biased? If you listen to Mark Mary enough, he thinks USC will be undefeated and good enough to win the NC every year, he doesnt think upsets exist with them...It literally makes me want to puke...

Herbstreit isnt as bad but he obviously looks like a fool for having penn state in the top 5 a few weeks ago, that would of been too high for them even if they did beat Michigan...

Holtz isnt too bad, but I cant lie sometimes im listening more to how he's talking and his lisp more so then I am what he's saying, and I really cant help it, stands out too much...

keylime_5
10-05-2007, 06:13 PM
I thought that since 2002, the first time I saw him and his then moron buddy Trev Alberts. His stupidity has gotten old over 6 years.

keylime_5
10-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Don't mess with the game day guys. Corso is a bit over the top but he's still awesome. May and Holtz are terrible though.

Herbstreit used to be okay, but he has become a HUGE tool over the past couple years.

...but everyone loves Corso.

Green Bay Scat
10-05-2007, 06:25 PM

**** n balls, classic lol

Geo
10-05-2007, 06:55 PM
I won't stand for anyone talking ill of Herby, he's the best in the business by a mile.

HAHAHAHAHA

TitanHope
10-05-2007, 07:07 PM
I too hate May, Herbstreit, Holtz, and Corso because they do not agree with my opinions and do not give enough support to my favorite team.

Total jackasses, for reals!

draftguru151
10-05-2007, 11:25 PM
I won't stand for anyone talking ill of Herby, he's the best in the business by a mile.

Definitely. OMG he thought PSU was gonna be good. It had to be some type of favoritism because he didn't pick your favorite team. :/ Herby is easily the best college guy and probably best football guy in general.

soybean
10-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Holtz isnt too bad, but I cant lie sometimes im listening more to how he's talking and his lisp more so then I am what he's saying, and I really cant help it, stands out too much...

how is holtz not TOO BAD? everyone knew notre dame would struggle this year, but cmon 10 wins??? 10???

Mark May just started liking USC ever since he picked Oklahoma to beat em comfortably in the Orange bowl, and then was humiliated by the outcome.

NDfootball
10-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Holtz is awful, great coach, terrible commentator. May pisses me off because he hates Notre Dame (obviously) and is loving our downfall now, but really because sometimes he makes statements that makes it seems like he has no clue what's going in the world of college football. Although I have to give him credit for getting better as the years have gone on, he's definitely not as bad as he was two seasons ago.

Herbstreit is on top of his game, the best in the business. His ESPN articles are comically biased though.

vatech=accdomination
10-06-2007, 11:27 AM
i would take any of those guys over that ridiculous Nebraska homer, i think his last name was Blackman.

LionSmack
10-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Holtz blows. I'd rather watch a studio show with 10 Mark May clones than one Lou Holtz. Holtz lisps and he has no integrity. The only thing he has going for him is a bunch of old-geezer, aw-shucks gimmicky nonsense.

If May is a USC homer, at least he's a homer for a team that deserves it. If USC was in a terrible slump and was 0-4 and obviously sucked, I don't think you'd see May picking them to win and being wrong for the 5th straight week.

Holtz need to join Emmitt Smith on the trash heap of Football Commentators with Speech Impediments Who Give No Real Commentary.

yourfavestoner
10-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Herbstreit doesn't get enough credit. He's extremely unbiased and makes good points. He actually understands the game.

Mark May just still thinks it's 2005...IIRC the last two years he had Texas in the National Championship game in their preseason thing.

Extremely unbiased? He takes every chance he can get to pimp the Big 10.

All in all, ESPN/College Gameday is just a giant infomercial for the Big 10/Pac 10. Perhaps it's because ABC and ESPN are sister companies, and also happen to broadcast Big 10 and Pac 10 games.

Just a thought though.

mqtirishfan
10-06-2007, 08:08 PM

It might have something to do with the fact that Wisconsin never wins the big games. Also, top student section rankings are a joke. There isn't a student section in college football that doesn't go insane.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-06-2007, 09:07 PM
They're like the Anchormen

LonghornsLegend
10-06-2007, 09:49 PM
how is holtz not TOO BAD? everyone knew notre dame would struggle this year, but cmon 10 wins??? 10???

Mark May just started liking USC ever since he picked Oklahoma to beat em comfortably in the Orange bowl, and then was humiliated by the outcome.

I guess I say not so bad because his pre game speeches do get you pretty fired up...I dont know about that 10 wins thing though, and he's still hard to comprehend more often then a few

And lmao@mark may being humiliated by that game lol, guess thats nothing new for him

im starting to lose track of who is undefeated already, especially if LSU loses as well, oklahoma could look at sneaking back in the top 3

soybean
10-07-2007, 01:46 AM
mark may just said usc is still in the NC hunt... whatever dude...

We're still in the rose bowl hunt but if we lose to cal, my finger's crossed for them to go all the way...

RyanLeaf#1
10-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Mark May is a mush.

BrownsTown
10-07-2007, 10:35 AM

We're still in the rose bowl hunt but if we lose to cal, my finger's crossed for them to go all the way...

Didn't he say that the loss to Stanford wasn't that bad? May is horrible.

Sniper
10-07-2007, 02:09 PM
When Vegas has unranked Illinois favored over Wisconsin coming into this weekend, ragging on Wisconsin and the Big 10 in general is in vogue right now.

Michigan singlehandedly destroyed the conference's reputation, which has 2 top 5 teams.

Yeah, and Michigan never did anything to actually make the Big 10 have a good rep right :rolleyes: The Big 10 will be fine, and so will Michigan.

Sniper
10-07-2007, 02:10 PM

At the rate teams are losing, SC is still in it. Hope Cal and Oregon keep winning and beat them both, and there's a chance. You also want Ohio State to stay undefeated until The Game, at which point they will lose ;)

TigerBait45
10-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Trev Alberts was the worst ever.

"GEORGIA GEORGIA GEORGIA GEORGIA!"