PDA

View Full Version : First mock complete 1st round with analyst and part of 2nd round

Dawg4L21
10-05-2007, 03:12 PM
1. St. Louis Rams: Kenny Phillips S Miami - I know itís a bit of a reach right now but if you look at it the Rams they donít really need a QB, RB, or OT which are the positions of the prospects that could potentially go #1. Phillips is a tremendous talent who is a top 5 prospect and gets the nod here to continue to build a pour Rams Defense.

2. Miami Dolphins: Jake Long OT Michigan - John Beck, the teamís 2007 2nd rounder is going to need someone to protect his blindside in the future. Long is one of the best run-blocking OTís to come out in awhile and ainít too bad of a pass-protector either. Ronnie Brown will also be able to run behind this big-ugly for the next 10 years.

3. New Orleans Saints: Glenn Dorsey DT LSU - Perfect match, the Saints get a hometown kid to clog up the middle of their defense, Dorsey is the complete package, a tremendous pass-rusher from the DT spot and can also clog up the run. The Saints really need to revamp their defense this off-season and adding Glenn Dorsey is one hell of a start.

4. Buffalo Bills: Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma - Very tough pick to project here, tough to pass on McFadden here but you have to with Lynch on board now. Kelly will give future QB Edwards another target and a bigger more physical WR to go along with the small-speedster in Evans. I think Kelly will shoot to top 10 status if he comes out and depending on what kind of WR you want, challenge Desean Jackson for the #1 WR in the draft.

5. Chicago Bears: Darren McFadden RB Arkansas - Cedric Benson has looked awful this year and the Bears offense is among the leagueís worst. The Bears still desperately need a QB and had there been a clear-cut franchise QB in this draft I would of slotted him here however the Bears cannot pass on the falling McFadden and mark down the best QB available to the Bears in the 2nd round.

6. San Diego Chargers: Desean Jackson WR Cal - The Chargers offense is really disappointing this season and the WR play has much to do with that, yes they drafted Craig Davis in the 1st round last year but they need more than that. Jackson is one of the most explosive and exciting players to come out in years and should give the San Diego offense another weapon.

7. NY Jets: Chris Long DE Virginia - Mangini gets an anchor for his 34 DL with Long who is tremendous against the run but can also apply pressure from the DE spot in the Jets 34 defense.

8. Atlanta Falcons: Brian Brohm QB Louisville - Petrino is reunited with his QB, simple pick here, the Falcons need a QB and Brohm is arguably this draft classes best.

9. Cincinnati Bengals: James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State - The Bengals finally get a true leader and face for their defense. Laurinaitis has been lights out his first 2 years starting for the Buckeye Defense and has been the main reason their D has been so good this year and last.

10. Minnesota Vikings: Andre Woodson QB Kentucky - The Vikes cannot afford to pass on Woodson here in hope that Jackson will turn out to be an effective pro QB.

11. Philadelphia Eagles: Ryan Clady OT Boise State - McNabb is going to need some protection if he wants to stay healthy and make the Eagles legit contenders.

12. New England Patriots (from SF): Rey Maualuga LB USC - With Bruschi and Vrabel the elderly veterans playing inside backer for the Pats itís time to get some youth at the position.

13. Denver Broncos: Sedrick Ellis DT USC - Being a Browns fan and knowing that most of the Broncos interior DL are Brownie cast-offs screams to me that they need help here. Ellis has been dominant this year and should have no problem being an anchor in the middle of that Denver D.

14. NY Giants: Keith Rivers LB USC - The Giants D looked putrid the first couple weeks but have really come on the past 2, they still need help here and Rivers should add some much needed talent and youth among the LB corps.

15. Baltimore Ravens: Matt Ryan QB BC - McNair is getting closer and closer to retirement and Boller may not even be with the team next season. Ryan has looked great this season and should be a 1st rounder when all is said and done, and the fact that heís a QB will elevate his stock that much more.

16. Kansas City Cheifs: Sam Baker OT USC - Finally time to start revamping that aging OL.

17. Dallas Cowboys (from CLE): Limas Sweed WR Texas - T.O. and Glenn are aging and Crayton is a guy who is coming on but they need some youth and I couldnít find any other areas of need on this team.

18. Carolina Panthers: Alex Boone OT Ohio State - Both their starting OTís are free agents this year.

19. Oakland Raiders: Early Doucet WR LSU - Probably could go OL but with a lot of the first round OTís already gone I opted to give Russell another target.

20. Arizona Cardinals: Vernon Gholston OLB Ohio State - Perfect 34 OLB for Whisenhuntís new 34 defense.

21. Houston Texans: Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State - Playing in Peyton Manningís division youíll never have enough corners and to land in my opinion the draftís top cover guy is a blessing at pick 21.

22. Washington Redskins: Calais Campbell DE Miami - Redskin fans are happy Campbell falls all the way here as they finally have a true pass-rusher.

23. Jacksonville Jaguars: Keenan Burton WR Kentucky - Itís a shame the Jags have to spend yet another 1st round pick on a WR but it is clearly a position of need on their team and Burton is a very well-rounded WR who can pretty much do it all.

24. Tennessee Titans: Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt - Vince Young finally gets his true #1 target and they donít have to look outside of Tennessee to possibly land the best pure WR in the draft in Bennett.

25. Detroit Lions: Jack Ikegwouna CB Wisconsin - The Lions secondary has been torched this year and Ike should be a legit #1 corner for Marinelliís defense.

26. Seattle Seahawks: Quentin Groves DE/OLB Auburn

27. Tampa Bay Bucs: Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State

28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Gosder Cherilus

29. Green Bay Packers: Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma

30. San Francisco 49ers (from IND): Frank Okam DL Texas

31. Dallas Cowboys: Tony Hills OT Texas

32. Forfeited

33. St. Louis: Derrick Harvey DE Florida

34. Miami: Tyson Jackson DE LSU

35. New Orleans: Mike Jenkins CB USF

36. Buffalo: Dan Connor LB Penn State

37. Chicago: Colt Brennan QB Hawaii

38. San Diego: Phillip Wheeler LB Ga. Tech

39. NY Jets: Barry Richardson OL Clemson

40. Atlanta: Xavier Adibi LB Va. Tech

41. Cincinnatti: Andre Fluellen DT Florida State

42. Minnesota: Mario Urritia WR Louisville

43. Philadelphia: Jonathan Hefney S Tennessee

44. San Francisco: Harry Douglas WR Louisville

45. Denver: Quinton Demps S UTEP

46. NY Giants: Antoine Cason CB Arizona

47. Baltimore: Aqib Talib CB Kansas

48. Kansas City: Chevis Jackson CB LSU

49. Cleveland: Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon - Cleveland needs someone to start grooming under Jamal Lewis to help him share carries for now and eventually take over. Running Backís always seem to slip on draft day. Stewart could be a 1st round pick but after doing this mock like I figured before it is difficult to place a lot of RBís in the 1st round simply because most teams just donít need one. If Stewart happens to be gone here Iíd gladly settle for Clemsonís James Davis.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-05-2007, 03:37 PM
with Calais still there, theres no doubt we take him.Especially since were still getting no pressure from the RDE position.

HoopsDemon12
10-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Sorry no way we take kelly... maybe switch around our first and second picks... but even then... bad value for buffalo in that draft

Dawg4L21
10-05-2007, 03:54 PM
with Calais still there, theres no doubt we take him.Especially since were still getting no pressure from the RDE position.

what team?

Vikes99ej
10-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Good first round pick. Questionable second round pick.

andyjo672
10-05-2007, 04:47 PM
How does st.louis not need an OT. Pace is definitely on the downswing and needs to have someone come in and learn the ropes to eventually anchor that LT spot in the future. That offensive line needs to be addressed. When it comes to value, I'd take a LT over a S any day of the week.

neko4
10-05-2007, 04:51 PM
I'll say it again, I like Cason better than every CB in this draft and if GB could have him late i'd be happy

Man_Of_Steel
10-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Seems like a draft with unimaginable reaches and falls. Sure a player can get taken higher than expected (Ginn) or lower (Quinn) but an entire draft will never be like that.

NIN1984
10-05-2007, 05:37 PM
what team?

Oakland Raiders

Caddy
10-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Seems like a draft with unimaginable reaches and falls. Sure a player can get taken higher than expected (Ginn) or lower (Quinn) but an entire draft will never be like that.

Well there is a long way to go so a players value now shouldn't indicate what their value could be.

Scotty D
10-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I would take Reggie Smith over Ike right now. I think his stock is dropping a little bit.

T-RICH49
10-05-2007, 11:40 PM
me LOVE that KC mock

jackalope
10-06-2007, 12:06 AM
I like the Packers going for a corner in the first. We don't really have anyone behind Harris and Woodson.

skinzzfan25
10-06-2007, 08:33 AM
WOW, if Calais falls that far, I'll go crazy.

Crow
10-06-2007, 09:28 AM
19. Oakland Raiders: Early Doucet WR LSU - Probably could go OL but with a lot of the first round OTís already gone I opted to give Russell another target.Definitely bypassed some far superior players at areas of need. Not really much to like about this pick.

Sniper
10-07-2007, 02:34 PM
11. Philadelphia Eagles: Ryan Clady OT Boise State - McNabb is going to need some protection if he wants to stay healthy and make the Eagles legit contenders.

I really feel Clady is a major reach here. Maualuga, Rivers, Sam Baker (lots of USC fellas), Malcolm Jenkins, Justin King, Early Doucet, Earl Bennett etc... would work here. Dan Connor would be nice too, as there's no way he drops to the second.

43. Philadelphia: Jonathan Hefney S Tennessee
Cason/Talib are also shots.

Not bad, not great. Meh draft. Left some comments.

BaLLiN
10-07-2007, 03:39 PM
14. NY Giants: Keith Rivers LB USC - The Giants D looked putrid the first couple weeks but have really come on the past 2, they still need help here and Rivers should add some much needed talent and youth among the LB corps.

46. NY Giants: Antoine Cason CB Arizona

47. Baltimore: Aqib Talib CB Kansas

49. Cleveland: Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon

I hope this will be the giants draft.

We definately need a linebacker with kiwi out of place and pierce not doing much, good pick.

Depending on what happens we could go cason, talib, or stewart in the second round, any one of those would make me happy.

10-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Look, I would love for the bears to get mcfadden, but there is no way they will with the money they stupidly put into cedric benson.

Finsfan79
10-09-2007, 10:23 AM
long or dorsey works for miami there imo.

Long at Right Tackle and Dorsey at DE/DT in the hybrid we run