PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts from week 6

gstock05
10-06-2007, 11:44 PM
1. Glenn Dorsey is the best defensive line prospect I've seen in a LONG LONG time. It's almost unfair to face him. Easily the best overall player in the NCAA.

2. South Florida has a few good wins, but I still dont think they are a top 8 team. Perhaps top 10.

3. Wow iowa is bad.

4. John David booty being a heisman candidate was the biggest joke going into this year. He's not a terrible quarterback, but he's nothing close to Leinart. Completely a product of the supporting cast.

5. Brian Kelley is an incredible coach, and could potentially be Michigan's next man.

6. The Pac 10 suddenly looks a lot worse after USC lost and Ucla gets beat by Notre Dame..

7. LSU has the best front four in the nation and it's not even close. However Ohio State has the best back 7 in the nation by an even bigger margin.

8. I've been saying Illinois would be a tough team for a while and they're proving me right and really validating Zook more than he previously had. However, Juice Williams is far from a passer. Reminds me of a young Troy Smith who was afraid to pass and had a run first mentality. They'll need him to pass better to take it to the next level.

9. Todd Boeckman needs to concentrate on throwing all over the field. Not just 40 yard bombs. Chris Wells needs to be healthy by Penn State and Wisconsin.

10. Auburn was extremely young, but is still a good football team. They're a team that will cause more headaches by years end as they are growing more experienced by the minute.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Today was a great day.
USC lost to Stanford.
ND finally won.
Cal moved up to #2.
Im still suprised that some people think that UCLA is/was good.they're overated year in year out.

Iamcanadian
10-07-2007, 12:33 AM
1. Glenn Dorsey is the best defensive line prospect I've seen in a LONG LONG time. It's almost unfair to face him. Easily the best overall player in the NCAA.

2. South Florida has a few good wins, but I still dont think they are a top 8 team. Perhaps top 10.

3. Wow iowa is bad.

4. John David booty being a heisman candidate was the biggest joke going into this year. He's not a terrible quarterback, but he's nothing close to Leinart. Completely a product of the supporting cast.

5. Brian Kelley is an incredible coach, and could potentially be Michigan's next man.

6. The Pac 10 suddenly looks a lot worse after USC lost and Ucla gets beat by Notre Dame..

7. LSU has the best front four in the nation and it's not even close. However Ohio State has the best back 7 in the nation by an even bigger margin.

8. I've been saying Illinois would be a tough team for a while and they're proving me right and really validating Zook more than he previously had. However, Juice Williams is far from a passer. Reminds me of a young Troy Smith who was afraid to pass and had a run first mentality. They'll need him to pass better to take it to the next level.

9. Todd Boeckman needs to concentrate on throwing all over the field. Not just 40 yard bombs. Chris Wells needs to be healthy by Penn State and Wisconsin.

10. Auburn was extremely young, but is still a good football team. They're a team that will cause more headaches by years end as they are growing more experienced by the minute.

1. Dorsey was just average today and was handled by Florida.

2. It's so early in the season, who knows who really belongs in the top 5. Until they loose, they are worthy.

3. no argument

4. he deserved his pre-season hype but his play this year has been absolutely terrible.

5. He will be a hot commodity but I'll be suprised if Michigan goes outside their roots and hires somebody from outside their program ties.

6. I agree, the Pac 10 took a real hit on Satyrday.

7. They are solid and had their moments today but the Bowl season will decide who is the best.

8. Reasonable observation.

9. The Ohio St. QB throws the passes the HC calls and every top 10 team needs their players to stay healthy to continue winning.

10. You could say that about a dozen teams in the nation. Cox just doesn't seem special and he's a senior.

gstock05
10-07-2007, 12:41 AM
1. Dorsey was just average today and was handled by Florida.

2. It's so early in the season, who knows who really belongs in the top 5. Until they loose, they are worthy.

3. no argument

4. he deserved his pre-season hype but his play this year has been absolutely terrible.

5. He will be a hot commodity but I'll be suprised if Michigan goes outside their roots and hires somebody from outside their program ties.

6. I agree, the Pac 10 took a real hit on Satyrday.

7. They are solid and had their moments today but the Bowl season will decide who is the best.

8. Reasonable observation.

9. The Ohio St. QB throws the passes the HC calls and every top 10 team needs their players to stay healthy to continue winning.

10. You could say that about a dozen teams in the nation. Cox just doesn't seem special and he's a senior.

He throws whats called, however there are things known as second, third, and fourth receivers, and even moreso, checkdowns. If robiskie is triple covered deep and the safeties are playing 14 yards off the line, it's probably the best idea to go to the underneath option.

Secondly, the Cinci head coach may not be a Michigan man, but he does have roots in the state of michigan coaching there for a long time (forget specifically which team).

P-L
10-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Dorsey struggled for most of the game, but he was a monster on that final drive. He got constant pressure on Tebow and almost chased him down on a scramble.

bearsfan_51
10-07-2007, 12:47 AM
He throws whats called, however there are things known as second, third, and fourth receivers, and even moreso, checkdowns. If robiskie is triple covered deep and the safeties are playing 14 yards off the line, it's probably the best idea to go to the underneath option.

Secondly, the Cinci head coach may not be a Michigan man, but he does have roots in the state of michigan coaching there for a long time (forget specifically which team).
Brian Kelly is a genius but you don't even know what school he used to coach at?

Thumbs down.

elway777
10-07-2007, 01:00 AM
The pac-10 however is still strides ahead of the Big 10

soybean
10-07-2007, 01:21 AM
The pac-10 however is still strides ahead of the Big 10

time for sanchez :D

and LOL at whoever made my sig the stanford tree.

TH3
10-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Demarco Murray is going to be the next big thing

gstock05
10-07-2007, 01:39 AM
Brian Kelly is a genius but you don't even know what school he used to coach at?

Thumbs down.

It's a Michigan school. I believe d1aa, or d2. Does it really matter? I remember lots of stuff, but don't remember every school every coach has coached at in the past 10 years. And btw, I never googled it because I'm lazy.

soybean
10-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Today was a great day.
USC lost to Stanford.
ND finally won.
Cal moved up to #2.
Im still suprised that some people think that UCLA is/was good.they're overated year in year out.

seriously. even with a third string qb. This "awesome" defense they were suppose to have this year shouldn't have let them get anywhere this game.

get a better coach UCLA. hmm...what's steve mariucci doing?

Im_a_Romosexual
10-07-2007, 10:44 AM
It's a Michigan school. I believe d1aa, or d2. Does it really matter? I remember lots of stuff, but don't remember every school every coach has coached at in the past 10 years. And btw, I never googled it because I'm lazy.

Central Michigan, winners of the MAC last year

How could UCLA not win? WTF I was hoping ND would go ofer

P-L
10-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Central Michigan, winners of the MAC last year

How could UCLA not win? WTF I was hoping ND would go ofer

And Grand Valley State before that, where he won two Division II National Championships.