PDA

View Full Version : week 5 VS. San Fran thread

Ravens1991
10-07-2007, 10:04 AM
what do you predict. I think it will be a tight game. It wont surprise me if Dilfer gets back at us and then costs our season.

I want to see McGahee get 20-25 carries and 3-5 catches he is a beast.
I want Bart Scott and Terrell Suggs to return to the planet.
I hope McNair injury doesnt affect him that much.
I hope Gaither is LT and Terry is RT, and move Yanda to G his natural spot.

dcarey20
10-07-2007, 11:04 AM
First off, why would we move Yanda to guard? He's been solid at tackle and moving him to guard would mean he's taking time from Grubbs, who has been one of our most impressive offensive lineman. The offensive line will stay the same, Terry at left, Yanda at right, Brown at left guard, Flynn at center. Grubbs and Chester will alternate at right guard.

Not to how I think this game will go: McGahee carries the offense, Steve McNair plays exactly like he has the past 3 games, which will be painful to watch. We'll probably see the same sorry gameplan, 6-8 crosses and slants. Hopefully Willis gets the 25 carries that he deserves. The pass rush better get going this week, if we don't, I don't think we ever will. San Fran's pass blocking is terrible, and Jonas Jennings is out on top of that. This needs to be a game where we get back on track, dominate, and get confidence for upcoming weeks. Unfortunates I'm not sure we will see that. We come away with the win, but there will probably be the same problems as weeks prior, at least on the offense.

Ravens1991
10-07-2007, 11:20 AM
I mean back up G and not have him take time from Chester or Grubbs. I didnt mean for him to start.

Did anybody else see Keyshawn grade our team. This is what he said

"Offense-F- They have no playmakers and cant score points.
Defense-C- It is a good grade because they are always put in bad situations.
Coaching-F+- For 9 years he made promises getting this player, that player, but at the end of the day he doesn't have Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Jake Reed, and Randall Cunningham."

What are your thoughts on that everybody?

SeanTaylorRIP
10-07-2007, 11:30 AM
First off, why would we move Yanda to guard? He's been solid at tackle and moving him to guard would mean he's taking time from Grubbs, who has been one of our most impressive offensive lineman. The offensive line will stay the same, Terry at left, Yanda at right, Brown at left guard, Flynn at center. Grubbs and Chester will alternate at right guard.

Not to how I think this game will go: McGahee carries the offense, Steve McNair plays exactly like he has the past 3 games, which will be painful to watch. We'll probably see the same sorry gameplan, 6-8 crosses and slants. Hopefully Willis gets the 25 carries that he deserves. The pass rush better get going this week, if we don't, I don't think we ever will. San Fran's pass blocking is terrible, and Jonas Jennings is out on top of that. This needs to be a game where we get back on track, dominate, and get confidence for upcoming weeks. Unfortunates I'm not sure we will see that. We come away with the win, but there will probably be the same problems as weeks prior, at least on the offense.

Saying Yanda has been solid is giving him too much credit but yeah he is better suited as a backup Tackle.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Keyshawn is a tool is my thoughts on that. Go get cut by another team clown.

Ravens1991
10-07-2007, 03:03 PM
My parents heard on the radio that Heap is out :(

Ravens1991
10-07-2007, 03:05 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=21340

Grubbs will start.

BigDawg819
10-07-2007, 03:18 PM
We don't need Heap we have Sypniewski!

BigDawg819
10-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Ok why was Cory Ross on the opening kickoff return and why is McNair still playing? Once again a 3 and out and once again McNair throwing to high to an intended receiver.

BigDawg819
10-07-2007, 03:21 PM
We cut Rhys Lloyd and brought up Matt Willis, awesome I like that Willis kid.

Ravens1991
10-07-2007, 06:40 PM
ouch. Who knew McNair had those 2 deep passes to Demetrius in him to bad they were out of bounds. For some reason Billick loves to have McNair throw 40 times a game, what the heck is up with that.

BigDawg819
10-07-2007, 06:53 PM
That was one of the most pathetic displays I have ever witnessed. This offense is beyond stagnate and will not win us many ballgames. I've never been more disgusted with this team.

Ravens1991
10-07-2007, 07:15 PM
yea that was a bad showing by the offense. I am starting to wonder if it is play calling that wants McNair to stay conservative.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Even if you hate McNair you have to admit that was a cheap shot on him. Not only was the whistle blown, I guess you can make the excuse that he didn't hear the whistle but McNair spiked the ball away 2 seconds before.

dcarey20
10-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Ladies and gentleman the worst #1 quarterback in the NFL:

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/08/12/PH2006081200083.jpg

Honestly, this was one of the most pathetic wins I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing. If McNair remains the quarterback of this team, we are in for an 8-8 year. If we play like we did today against the likes of the Pats, Colts, Steelers, etc., it won't be pretty. It's absolutely amazing that Willis McGahee is doing what he is doing with this type of quarterback supporting him. He is one of the ONLY bright spots of this team right now, along with Ed Reed. Willis has been hands down our best player and it's a real shame that he's being held back by clowns like McNair and Billick.

dcarey20
10-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Saying Yanda has been solid is giving him too much credit but yeah he is better suited as a backup Tackle.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think it is...Yanda has been exactly what I said, solid. Not great, but not bad. He's struggled at times but for the most part I'm pretty happy with how he's played, considering he is a rookie 3rd round pick.

Ravens1991
10-07-2007, 10:00 PM
the worst QB is a stretch, he is still injured the commentators even said that they may bench McNair to prevent wear and tear on him.

Yung Flippa
10-07-2007, 10:21 PM
He's already worn and torn! He's hella old and we need to give Kyle a chance out there.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-08-2007, 07:22 AM
the worst QB is a stretch, he is still injured the commentators even said that they may bench McNair to prevent wear and tear on him.

that doesnt mean he is still injured, it means we would try to let him rest in the 4th if we were up big because he is old.

McNair said he is fine and there would be no physical limitations, so what you saw yesterday was a health McNair and he was unbelievably awful, its time for a change.

Ravens1991
10-08-2007, 01:49 PM
of course the player admits he will be fine I hope we can get something worked out.

Derrick Mason is on pace for 140.8 catches this season. That is crazy.

Also why is McNair passing 40 times a game, he needs to be a game manager not the whole offense.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 01:51 PM
of course the player admits he will be fine I hope we can get something worked out.

Derrick Mason is on pace for 140.8 catches this season. That is crazy.

Also why is McNair passing 40 times a game, he needs to be a game manager not the whole offense.

And 420 yards. :(

EdReedUnstoppable
10-08-2007, 01:59 PM

He needs to be holdin a clipboard and off the field is what he needs.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 02:01 PM
He needs to be holdin a clipboard and off the field is what he needs.

Amen! The most telling stat is Red Zone Efficiency, Kyle Boller has it and Steve McNair doesn't. Start Kyle Now!

Ravens1991
10-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Boller didnt have enough turns in the redzone to make a conclusion like that yet. It has only been 3 times.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Boller didnt have enough turns in the redzone to make a conclusion like that yet. It has only been 3 times.

Byron Leftwich has been with the Falcons for a couple of weeks and was brought in for an ineffective Joey Harrington, so don't give that bs cliche.

Ravens1991
10-08-2007, 02:16 PM
we are not the falcons pal. I said Boller didnt have enough opportunites in the redzone to make that conclusion and you are talking about Leftwich expierence and how he was brought in for Harrington.

ccB
10-08-2007, 02:17 PM
My main problem with the KBNHC (Kyle Boller Nut Huggers Coalition) is you guys paint this picture of this amazing QB that we have benched and its so unthinkable not to be starting this guy because hes got everything from a QB you want. When in reality neither of our QB's are good and theres no reason to brag about either of them. If we are trying to salvage this season, I'll take McNairs, leadership, toughness, and moxy over Kyle Bollers 2/3 in the red zone against the jets...I repeat the Jets. If we are looking at this season as a throw a way than yeah put Boller in there because hes younger and has a tiny bit of potential left.

Also its ridiculous to think we are losing solely due to the play of our QB. QB is one of a long list of reasons on why we are sucking.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm tired with all these Ravens fans who accept this mediocrity of McNair and this offense. You bash Boller for only producing against Jets, who has McNair produced against this year? I'm tired of all this nonsense of what McNair did last year or in his past and with Boller's past being held against him. Its 2007 gentlemen, all that matters is what's happening on the field now, here in the present. McNair is not getting this offense rolling, especially in the red zone. His leadership isn't doing **** to fix that. Blame his groin, blame injuries to other players, blame the play calling, Hell blame me for rooting for Kyle, whatever he's not getting it done against anyone, even the 49ers. No one is willing to give Kyle Boller a clean slate, not the fans, not the posters on this forum for the most part, and not the organization. That ignorance is whats going to be this teams undoing in 2007.

Ravens1991
10-08-2007, 02:26 PM
McNair had a good game against Arizona.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 02:29 PM
McNair had a good game against Arizona.

What about in Cincy and Cleveland? For every pro you give I'll give you the con to it. The Bears are having the same problems as we are and they benched their starter. Its a copycat league and the Ravens better follow suit and quick.

Ravens1991
10-08-2007, 02:30 PM
ok and I would you give a con for Boller but he had one game against the Jets so you cant base a argument after just 1 game.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 02:32 PM
ok and I would you give a con for Boller but he had one game against the Jets so you cant base a argument after just 1 game.

Why not, your throwing out McNair's one good game against Arizona.

ccB
10-08-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm tired with all these Ravens fans who accept this mediocrity of McNair and this offense. You bash Boller for only producing against Jets, who has McNair produced against this year? I'm tired of all this nonsense of what McNair did last year or in his past and with Boller's past being held against him. Its 2007 gentlemen, all that matters is what's happening on the field now, here in the present. McNair is not getting this offense rolling, especially in the red zone. His leadership isn't doing **** to fix that. Blame his groin, blame injuries to other players, blame the play calling, Hell blame me for rooting for Kyle, whatever he's not getting it done against anyone, even the 49ers. No one is willing to give Kyle Boller a clean slate, not the fans, not the posters on this forum for the most part, and not the organization. That ignorance is whats going to be this teams undoing in 2007.

McNair had a good game against Arizona and Kyle came in and had two 3 and outs that turned into scores, bringing back Arizona in a game they shouldnt have been brought back in. So please dont act like Kyle is all good and McNair is all bad, because that is not the truth. But you can continue to think that way if it makes you feel better. In the end, both of our QB's are not up to par regardless of which way you look at it. You can continue holding your breath for Kyle to start it may happen it may not. You are entitled to you opinion the same way I am entitled to mine thinking McNair is our better option for winning. In the end our offense is going to be bad regardless of whose at the helm. I refuse to get into this debate wtih you again because it never leads to anything productive, I'll think my way you think your way.

Ravens1991
10-08-2007, 02:33 PM
because it could have been a fluke. McNair has shown leadership and toughness his whole career and we need him to be a game manager it is the idiot calling plays that is affecting us, now in McNairs career he is a game manager not the whole offense.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 02:37 PM
McNair had a good game against Arizona and Kyle came in and had two 3 and outs that turned into scores, bringing back Arizona in a game they shouldnt have been brought back in. So please dont act like Kyle is all good and McNair is all bad, because that is not the truth. But you can continue to think that way if it makes you feel better. In the end, both of our QB's are not up to par regardless of which way you look at it. You can continue holding your breath for Kyle to start it may happen it may not. You are entitled to you opinion the same way I am entitled to mine thinking McNair is our better option for winning. In the end our offense is going to be bad regardless of whose at the helm. I refuse to get into this debate wtih you again because it never leads to anything productive, I'll think my way you think your way.

Timeout Cochise, Kyle doesn't play defense so don't dare blame him for the defensive lapses that allowed Arizona to come back. Thats ridiculous and you know it.

Bottomline we agree to disagree and we both can respect that. The offense is atrocious and as much as I love the Coach his first order of business in the offseason is to fire himself as Offensive Coordinator. Enough is enough and 9 years is more then enough time to implement an offense and make it productive. We need a real offensive coordinator and quick. I'm not saying Rick Neuishal isn't the answer or is but we need a new offensive system.

Ravens1991
10-08-2007, 02:43 PM
OK but he will blame him for Boller lapse with the 3 and outs.

I have said that in the off-season about getting a New OC and you and other people bashed me, Billick got the offensive genius label because of the players and not him. Just like Marvin Lewis with us and now his D isnt good in Cinncy.

ccB
10-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Ok I'll just blame him for killing the momentum the offense had in the first 3 quarters of the game and I'll blame Samari Rolle for being injured since the Cardinals offense (more so Anquan Boldin) exposed Corey Ivy, David Pittman, Ronnie Prude, Derrick Martin and whoever else was covering him the whole game. I will also blame the tired defense for not getting adequate time to rest because the offense couldnt stay on the field. See the argument works two ways geronimo (since we for some reason are addressing each other as Apache Chiefs)

Now your starting to speak some sense. Play calling is the problem, we have a potent rushing attack and thats all we need if managed right. Run the ball, pass if necessary. We are doing the opposite. If Willis gets 3-4 yards a carry we can run the ball a couple times and have Steve throw the 5-10 yard passes hes ever so good at throwing. Simple as that, we wont be the greatest offense we wont be the 15th best offense but we will be able to put some points on the board.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 09:23 PM
I will say this much:

McNair played better then Tony Romo is tonight.

Troj2man
10-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Byron Leftwich has been with the Falcons for a couple of weeks and was brought in for an ineffective Joey Harrington, so don't give that bs cliche.

Joey Harrington has been playing his ass off for the past few weeks. It was a stupid move on the Falcons part to even take Harrington out of the game. Petrino pretty much admitted that when he named Harrington the starter for Sunday's game.

Bigdawg, I know you're a huge Boller fan, but do you honestly think the offense would be any different with Boller in there?(That's not a knock on Boller by the way, it's a knock on this JV offense that we're running). After all Billick would still be calling the same plays. Boller is averaging 5.6 per pass, while Mcnair is averaging 5.9 per pass. My feelings are that if those averages are so close, why not go with the younger guy who may have a future with the team, over the aging veteran who is clearly on his farewell tour.

BigDawg819
10-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Joey Harrington has been playing his ass off for the past few weeks. It was a stupid move on the Falcons part to even take Harrington out of the game. Petrino pretty much admitted that when he named Harrington the starter for Sunday's game.

Bigdawg, I know you're a huge Boller fan, but do you honestly think the offense would be any different with Boller in there?(That's not a knock on Boller by the way, it's a knock on this JV offense that we're running). After all Billick would still be calling the same plays. Boller is averaging 5.6 per pass, while Mcnair is averaging 5.9 per pass. My feelings are that if those averages are so close, why not go with the younger guy who may have a future with the team, over the aging veteran who is clearly on his farewell tour.

At this point in time, the offense isn't clicking and when things are clicking changes need to be made. The logical choice is to sit McNair and start Boller.

Troj2man
10-09-2007, 12:08 AM
At this point in time, the offense isn't clicking and when things are clicking changes need to be made. The logical choice is to sit McNair and start Boller.

I actually agree with you. The offense isn't clicking and a change has to be made or we'll miss the playoffs. Hopefully if they do turn to Boller, Billick will open up the offense instead of the dink and dunk crap. We paid Mcnair a crap load of money, and I'm guessing it wasn't to dink and dunk the ball 40 times a game.

Ravens1991
10-09-2007, 01:56 PM
I doubt Billick opens the offense if we put in Boller, he didnt open it up when he was in for Arizona and against the Jets.

BigDawg819
10-09-2007, 02:02 PM
I doubt Billick opens the offense if we put in Boller, he didnt open it up when he was in for Arizona and against the Jets.

Its not even about opening the playbook, we know thats not going to happen, its about putting in a QB who doesn't constantly check down on routes. All McNair has done is checkdown, checkdown, checkdown on almost every single play. Thats not winning football gents. For a QB who is averaging 40 passes a game, its unfathomable that this team isn't pressing the issue downfield with the passing game. Look I'm not saying our receiving core is full of All Pros, but how hard is it to have Mason and Clayton running crossing routes in the middle of the field, have DWill pressing the issue downfield and have the TE cover the flats and intermediate routes? McNair has shown that he's not going to press the issue even if the playbook was opened up so lets shake things up with the playcalling and with the QB.

ccB
10-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Its not even about opening the playbook, we know thats not going to happen, its about putting in a QB who doesn't constantly check down on routes. All McNair has done is checkdown, checkdown, checkdown on almost every single play. Thats not winning football gents. For a QB who is averaging 40 passes a game, its unfathomable that this team isn't pressing the issue downfield with the passing game. Look I'm not saying our receiving core is full of All Pros, but how hard is it to have Mason and Clayton running crossing routes in the middle of the field, have DWill pressing the issue downfield and have the TE cover the flats and intermediate routes? McNair has shown that he's not going to press the issue even if the playbook was opened up so lets shake things up with the playcalling and with the QB.

Kyle Boller is throwing the same passes as McNair (check downs, tosses to the RB and TE in the flats etc). Its the system and the plays being called not the player making the passes when will you understand this.

Ravens1991
10-09-2007, 02:09 PM
It is the stupidity of Billick making McNair pass 40 times a game that is the problem. If we concentrated on running with McGahee and Musa then passed less we would be in better shape, because McNair is a game manager not the whole offense. Besides if Billick is hell bent on going more vertical then why wouldnt he just call McNair in and make him go vertical or put Boller in?

BigDawg819
10-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Kyle Boller is throwing the same passes as McNair (check downs, tosses to the RB and TE in the flats etc). Its the system and the plays being called not the player making the passes when will you understand this.

Genius, I already made a thread about letting Neuhuesal take over the play calling and have called for Billick to step down as the OC this offseason. Pay attention for once.

You can't just install a new offensive system in almost mid-season so its ridiculous to think that would happen. We're stuck with this system until the offseason so the answers have to come from the current broken system. Thats why I gave an example of what to do with the players we have, thats why I'm trying to provide ways to help instead of just rhetoric like you seem to be doing.

This offense needs a spark, and right now the best way to provide a spark is a shakeup at QB.

Ravens1991
10-09-2007, 02:15 PM

some KBC people think beause Boller passed the deep twice to D-Will in triple coverage so if Boller starts he will come in and go deep a lot.

I think a good spark in games would be a trick play every once in a while. What would everybody thoughts be about that.

Also BigDawg what makes you certain that Rick Neuhisal will call more deep passes?

BigDawg819
10-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Also BigDawg what makes you certain that Rick Neuhisal will call more deep passes?

Rick is a former QB, his offenses were vertical in college, and this would be his chance to get his name back out in the media without a scandal.