PDA

View Full Version : Skins vs. Lions Thread

SeanTaylorRIP
10-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Very interesting we deactivated Kedric Golston for Lorenzo Alexander. Not sure I understand. Yes we don't need to stop the run and Alexander is a better pass rusher, but Golston is our 2nd best DT and all this will do will kill his confidence for his rest of his tenure here. Why not just deactivate some crap head like Brandon Lloyd if they wanted to activate Alexander.

skinzzfan25
10-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Looks like that didn't matter, Carter/Evans/Daniels/Washington have all been playing very nice off the edge.

I'm liking the dominance of our offense. They will win us the game by keeping Kitna and Co off the field.

Xiomera
10-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Don't get too excited . . . you are playing the Lions.

lqtm

SeanTaylorRIP
10-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Mike Sellers have my babies!!!! I need to get that clip and put it in my sig.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Andre Carter is an absolute animal, Sean Taylor is the best safety in the NFL, damn did you see Sean Taylor's special teams block, I wasn't surprised it took the guy like 10 mins to get off the field. Jason Campbell was scary good, especially without Moss and Randle El playing. Keenan Mccardel made some good catches, obviously this was just the Lions but we absolutely dominated. The Lions are the #1 ranked passing offense in the NFL and we limited Kitna to 106 yards, 0TD's, 2 INT's, and 5 sacks plus 20+ pressures, and we didn't even blitz, just 4 man rush every time, our Dline was dominant, including Marcus Washington playing some DE. Big Test next week vs. Packers, and Carlos actually caught an interception!!! and took it 71 yards to the house. Roy Williams 3 catches 36 yards, Calvin Johnson 1 catch 3 yards, talk about domination.

skinzzfan25
10-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm excited about next week at Green Bay. If we can pull off this win, I'd consider us a legit threat in the NFC. Green Bay's defense is light years better than Detroit's, but hopefully our D can keep us in the game. A win against them would be big, in case they slump a little and battle out Chi for a wild card/ division winner.

I loved GW's scheme this game, it brought back good memories.

critesy
10-07-2007, 08:57 PM
ahh, the game wasnt on in my area but i saw the highlights and the stats and wow... amazing.. dont really have much to say thought since i didnt watch the game.

sellers reppin' the CFL well though :)

703SKINS202
10-08-2007, 01:06 PM
from a redskins fans standpoint, it was pretty much a perfect game.... Offense defense and st all got an A..... to hold kitna to 106 yards and 3.6 per attempt in a mike martz offense with those recievers is just ridiculous, gotta give all the credit in the world to gw for shcemin up a masterpiece and to the players for executing their best game in years, andre carter was a beast and the rest of the line played amazing, shows u how much the secondary can be when theres some pressure on the qb, sean taylor absolutely is in the zone right now and i thought he might have killed that guy on the thrash punt, and the rookie landry just looks like a machine on the field, he hasnt made his big play yet but that one swat down showed great instinctive covearge skills and he came in hard on some big tackles, the whole team tackled amazing as soon as someone caught the ball they were down, no yac........ the offense again was amazing, chalk this one up to saunders and gibbs for not going conservative and attacking the lions with a good mix of run and pass, love how they gave sellers the ball multiple times and the big man came through with 2 tds and a huge truck on the cb, also campbell was amazing, every throw was on point which showed in a newar 80% completion, he used his legs nice to make some throws..... portis looked pretty good when he had the whole he hit it hard and the oline did a nice job pulling out in lead block situations, only bad thing really was that fumble but it will happen every now and then.... pretty much everyone played amazing im tired of talking but it was the most satisfying game ive seen in a long time

HChu
10-08-2007, 02:40 PM
The fact that no Mike Sellers jerseys are on sale angers/puzzles me so.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 03:18 PM
The fact that no Mike Sellers jerseys are on sale angers/puzzles me so.

There should be soon, although I got a Sellers jersey at the Redskins store, though not sure where you live.

HChu
10-08-2007, 05:14 PM
There should be soon, although I got a Sellers jersey at the Redskins store, though not sure where you live.

Oh, ok because I haven't been in one of those stores in a while.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Andre Carter is a beast, I hope he keeps it up, 8 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 safety, and like 15 hurries against the Lions on Sunday.