View Full Version : Coaches Poll Week 6

kwilk103
10-07-2007, 01:00 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

usc #7?

SuperKevin
10-07-2007, 01:09 PM
usc #7?

Even though they had one bad game, coaches still know they are a great team and wouldn't want to play them

kwilk103
10-07-2007, 01:14 PM
top 10 teams dont lose at home to 40 point underdogs

SuperKevin
10-07-2007, 01:16 PM
top 10 teams dont lose at home to 40 point underdogs

Teams have a bad game. 999,999 times out of 1,000,000 they win that game convincingly. Coaches of all people know that teams overlook an opponent and struggle. it happens to everyone. USC is still a better team than you all are making them out to be

kwilk103
10-07-2007, 01:21 PM
uga, texas, purdue still ranked?

i can see texas, but uga and purdue got smacked this weekend

SuperKevin
10-07-2007, 01:22 PM
uga, texas, purdue still ranked?

i can see texas, but uga and purdue got smacked this weekend

It takes a hell of a lot to drop a team from 12 completely out of the polls

smittyjs
10-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Tigers are right out side of the top 10, for some reason i them.

nfrillman
10-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Tigers are right out side of the top 10, for some reason i them.

No one escapes the Mizzou Jungle alive. Except those teams that have, but other than them, NO ONE!!!!! Everyone now..... M-I-Z!!! Z-O-U!!! It's going to be insane if we beat Oklahoma.

Turtlepower
10-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Arizona State beat Colorado...

Colorado beat Oklahoma...

Therefore, Arizona State can beat Oklahoma...

After that logic, why aren't we a top 10 team??? =D

VoteLynnSwan
10-10-2007, 01:04 AM

well how bout the fact that Wisconsin was a top 5 team, they lose to unranked Illinois, then are ranked 15 while Illinois is ranked 19...

I've never liked how when two teams have the same record, the team who won the head to head matchup doesn't always get ranked higher.

Turtlepower
10-10-2007, 01:21 AM
well how bout the fact that Wisconsin was a top 5 team, they lose to unranked Illinois, then are ranked 15 while Illinois is ranked 19...

I've never liked how when two teams have the same record, the team who won the head to head matchup doesn't always get ranked higher.

Completely agree. I see Wisconsin as a fringe top-20 team, but 19 is good for Illinois due to the fact that they were previously unranked.

RyanLeaf#1
10-10-2007, 06:58 AM

Just because Colorado beat Oklahoma and Arizona State beat Colorado it doesnt mean Arizona State can beat Oklahoma. So im guessing because Stanford beat USC whoever USC goes on to beat for the rest of the season or whoever they already beat Stanford could aslo beat?..... It doesnt work like that.

Turtlepower
10-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Just because Colorado beat Oklahoma and Arizona State beat Colorado it doesnt mean Arizona State can beat Oklahoma. So im guessing because Stanford beat USC whoever USC goes on to beat for the rest of the season or whoever they already beat Stanford could aslo beat?..... It doesnt work like that.

I was joking. I know Oklahoma would beat us. Just bored and wanted to make a pointless post. =D

RyanLeaf#1
10-10-2007, 09:26 AM
I was joking. I know Oklahoma would beat us. Just bored and wanted to make a pointless post. =D

haha... I thought you were messing around. The sad thing is people really think that way.

Turtlepower
10-10-2007, 09:29 AM
haha... I thought you were messing around. The sad thing is people really think that way.

In front of us, the only team I have some confidence in that we could beat is Mizzu, but then again when we've been playing well, our defense looks lights out.

If we beat Cal in 2 weeks on our homecoming, I'm going streaking.

RyanLeaf#1
10-10-2007, 09:36 AM
In front of us, the only team I have some confidence in that we could beat is Mizzu, but then again when we've been playing well, our defense looks lights out.

If we beat Cal in 2 weeks on our homecoming, I'm going streaking.

I think they better be on upset alert this weekend. Dont overlook Washington.

Turtlepower
10-10-2007, 10:16 AM
I think they better be on upset alert this weekend. Dont overlook Washington.

I'm not overlooking Washington, except after watching Jake Locker the past couple weeks, I feel like he might be a little bit overhyped. He is a freshman, and being a freshman makes a lot of bad decisions. We have one of the better secondaries in the PAC-10 and even though we're a step down from the defenses of Ohio State and USC, we're not as much of a step down as people care to think.

RyanLeaf#1
10-10-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm not overlooking Washington, except after watching Jake Locker the past couple weeks, I feel like he might be a little bit overhyped. He is a freshman, and being a freshman makes a lot of bad decisions. We have one of the better secondaries in the PAC-10 and even though we're a step down from the defenses of Ohio State and USC, we're not as much of a step down as people care to think.

I think Washington will cover this game, but not sure if they will win. 11 points is alot.

Turtlepower
10-10-2007, 12:38 PM
I think Washington will cover this game, but not sure if they will win. 11 points is alot.

Wow, that is a lot. They will cover because ASU usually has been playing teams tight and then blowing them away in the second half (with the exception of Wazzu).

TigerBait45
10-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Theres no way in hell USC should be in the top 10. Are they a top 10 team in terms of talent? Hell yeah. But they're not playing near that level right now. They don't deserve to be ranked that high, especially after blowing a game to a 40 freakin' point underdog.

soybean
10-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Theres no way in hell USC should be in the top 10. Are they a top 10 team in terms of talent? Hell yeah. But they're not playing near that level right now. They don't deserve to be ranked that high, especially after blowing a game to a 40 freakin' point underdog.

eh... they were a conference opponent, the spread shouldn't have been that high anyways. Despite last season, USC rarely blows out stanford. Look at 2005, they were only leading by 7 going into the 4th quarter.