PDA

View Full Version : The Most Dominating Player is....

TACKLE
10-07-2007, 01:13 PM
George Selvie.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/10/04/images/large/Sports_Noesca_2065030.jpg

He's a sophmore DE for South Florida. Selvie is 6'4 255 and has been absolutely unstoppable this year. He's an amazing player but is not very well known. In my opinion he is the most dominant player in college football right now (sorry Glenn Dorsey).

2007 Stats (5 Games)

10.5 sacks, 18 TFL, 5 QB Hurries

Highlight Video from 2007
http://www.gousfbulls.com/mediaPlayer/video.dbml?LCH=1&CLIP_ID=73713&CLIP_FILE_ID=78685&CONTENT_TYPE=ONDEMAND&db_oem_id=7700

SuperKevin
10-07-2007, 01:18 PM
If you take out that monster game he had against Elon then he's got middle of the pack sack totals

Apriori
10-07-2007, 01:19 PM
I think the stats that matter are how he did against Auburn and WVU because 4 sacks against Elon isn't terribly impressive.

TACKLE
10-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I think the stats that matter are how he did against Auburn and WVU because 4 sacks against Elon isn't terribly impressive.

vs. Auburn - 1.5 Sacks, 3.5 TFL, 3 QB Hurries
vs. WVU - 1 sack, 2 TFL, 8 solo tackles

Link
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2007&org=651&player=95

SuperKevin
10-07-2007, 01:30 PM
vs. Auburn - 1.5 Sacks, 3.5 TFL, 3 QB Hurries
vs. WVU - 1 sack, 2 TFL, 8 solo tackles

Link
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2007&org=651&player=95

Those are good numbers but i wouldn't call them dominating. Tackle numbers are always inflated against WVU because of how often the ball is in play.

P-L
10-07-2007, 01:31 PM
He still had 1 sack and 4 tackles (4 for loss) with 3 hurries against Auburn and 8 tackles (2 for loss) and 1 sack against West Virginia. Even if you take away his sacks from the Elon game, he's still top 10.

Apriori
10-07-2007, 01:49 PM
He still had 1 sack and 4 tackles (4 for loss) with 3 hurries against Auburn and 8 tackles (2 for loss) and 1 sack against West Virginia. Even if you take away his sacks from the Elon game, he's still top 10.

Sure, those are good numbers, but way far from "most dominating". I can't whip out stats but Dorsey is probably doing similar things against much, much better teams.

Sniper
10-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Jake Long and Glenn Dorsey wanted to stop in, say what's up.

Vikes99ej
10-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Haruki Nakamura should get some love.

SuperKevin
10-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Haruki Nakamura should get some love.

He is a beast but i have a feeling he's not a great "workout" player

saintsfan912
10-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Wow dude, just wow.

BuddyCHRIST
10-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Dorsey was slightly exposed as a run stopper last night, he struggled when UF ran right at him

saintsfan912
10-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Its not easy to be a force when you are double and triple teamed.

saintsfan912
10-07-2007, 04:56 PM
And by the way, he still had 5 tackles, 1 for loss and a sack. All that against one of the best offenses in college football. Come on now, be real.

BuddyCHRIST
10-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Well he actually wasn't double and triple teamed, they double teamed him some, but not exclusively. All top DT's get that kind of attention. Anyways I was just pointing out a negative on Dorsey, he's still one of the top 5 players in CFB, but he just showed that his speed and agressiveness can be used against him. I don't mean to be knocking him too much, even Warren Sapp had some problems when teams ran right at him.

etk
10-08-2007, 09:38 AM
I'd like to see Calais Campbell go up against Jake Long. Those are the 2 most dominant players IMO.

bernbabybern820
10-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Its not easy to be a force when you are double and triple teamed.

Triple team? Riiigghhttt. It seemed like he was very tired or worn out because even when he was single teamed he couldn't get past the blocker.

etk
10-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Triple team? Riiigghhttt. It seemed like he was very tired or worn out because even when he was single teamed he couldn't get past the blocker.

Several times I saw Dorsey commit the cardinal sin of defensive line play. He would stand up out of his stance and try to peek over the lineman's shoulder. I never even saw him try any pass rush moves either. He seems to think he can just push around offensive linemen with his handwork, but that won't work against the better coached linemen of the NCAA (and most of the NFL). This game was just further proof for me as to why I think he's overrated. He has good physical tools but he doesn't possess dominating size. As I stated earlier, he still needs to be drilled on focus and fundamentals. Tired linemen do the peeking trick, so he needs to get in better shape.

It's very ignorant to say he was double teamed. I didn't see Florida give him any special treatment. He was usually lined up on the guard or in the A gap and he was blocked accordingly.

saintsfan912
10-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Several times I saw Dorsey commit the cardinal sin of defensive line play. He would stand up out of his stance and try to peek over the lineman's shoulder. I never even saw him try any pass rush moves either. He seems to think he can just push around offensive linemen with his handwork, but that won't work against the better coached linemen of the NCAA (and most of the NFL). This game was just further proof for me as to why I think he's overrated. He has good physical tools but he doesn't possess dominating size. As I stated earlier, he still needs to be drilled on focus and fundamentals. Tired linemen do the peeking trick, so he needs to get in better shape.

It's very ignorant to say he was double teamed. I didn't see Florida give him any special treatment. He was usually lined up on the guard or in the A gap and he was blocked accordingly.

I watched the game and saw him double teamed numerous times, not to mention one of those guys was the best Center in the conference. And if he did the whole game, don't you think he was being used to spy Tebow, not just cause he was tired? Now who's the ignorant one? By the way, I've watched the game 5 times since Saturday so I kinda know what I'm talking about. (Not just the CBS version that focuses only on UF players.)

LonghornsLegend
10-10-2007, 06:41 PM
I watched the game and saw him double teamed numerous times, not to mention one of those guys was the best Center in the conference. And if he did the whole game, don't you think he was being used to spy Tebow, not just cause he was tired? Now who's the ignorant one? By the way, I've watched the game 5 times since Saturday so I kinda know what I'm talking about. (Not just the CBS version that focuses only on UF players.)

he was also single blocked more then a few times as well, and he dissapeared alot during that game...he wasnt disrupting, a force, or blowing up the UF offensive line, even the plays he was man to man with an O lineman...

i doubt he was used to spy Tebow, I dont buy that, or buy that was the reason he stood up at the point of attack and didnt penetrate many plays...what was he going to do when Tebow ran to the side, catch him? I doubt it, he wasnt the dominating player everyone says that game, it took forever to hear his name called, and i payed attention to him mostly throughout that game

im really not interested in how many times you saw the game, because you probably think dorsey is a force every time the ball snaps, but he really didnt do that many spectacular things that game, he created pressure on some plays in the end of the 4th that were nice, but its not like he was unblockable the entire game, he didnt get doubled and tripled the entire game either

Sniper
10-10-2007, 07:01 PM

Why the hell would you use a DT to spy a mobile QB?

Michigan
10-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Dorsey really didn't do much in the Florida game...

Anyways, the most dominating player so far has been Michael Crabtree bar none.

saintsfan912
10-10-2007, 09:37 PM
He was double teamed more often than he was not, I can promise you that. And if you actually paid attention you would notice he played almost every damn snap of that game. He never leaves the game so calling him out of shape is just plain stupid (Replying to the guy earlier, not the last 3).

If you haven't noticed, Dorsey is pretty frickin fast for a 300 pound guy. He is not slow by any means. And to say he didn't get in the backfield til the 2nd half just goes to show that you didn't even watch the game.

By the way, I think the experts of football know a hell of alot more than you and me. They say Dorsey is the best senior in the nation, at ANY position. He will most likely be a top 5 pick, not because he is overrated, but because he is that damn good. They all know more than we do, I can promise you that. Well all except Matt Millen.

It seems to me that 3 losing teams fans always seem to come to an LSU post and start ****. Just cause your team lost this week, sans Michigan, doesn't mean you have to make yourself feel better and come bash an LSU guy. Get a life.

ncst8fan83
10-10-2007, 10:07 PM

are you 4 years old or something? why don't you throw out a yo' mamma joke while you're at it, genius. the fact of the matter is your all-world DT didn't do **** the entire game save the last drive. i'm glad he finally showed up for y'all, but i doubt you'd be in that position if he played worth a damn the 58 minutes prior.

and don't throw out that ******** line about how many times you've watched the game. a) no one gives a rats ass and b) you still had on your nifty tiger glasses with the homer beams which really negates the fact you have no life and watched an old game 5 times.

draftguru151
10-10-2007, 11:28 PM
I hate when homers make me dislike a player. Seriously, who watches a game 5 times?

Don Vito
10-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Anyways, the most dominating player so far has been Michael Crabtree bar none.

I'm gonna agree with that. Phillip Loadholt, Dorsey, Jake Long, and Mike Hart have all been pretty damn good too.

BroadwayJoe10
10-11-2007, 12:14 AM
if your gonna go pure stats, than i gotta go with the aforementioned michael crabtree. He is gonna put up better numbers than a reciever in madden, he is just silly good in that style of offense. (not trying to start anything about if its the system or him, im just saying based on stats..)

bernbabybern820
10-11-2007, 10:27 AM

He was double teamed more often than he was not, I can promise you that. And if you actually paid attention you would notice he played almost every damn snap of that game. He never leaves the game so calling him out of shape is just plain stupid (Replying to the guy earlier, not the last 3).

If you haven't noticed, Dorsey is pretty frickin fast for a 300 pound guy. He is not slow by any means. And to say he didn't get in the backfield til the 2nd half just goes to show that you didn't even watch the game.

By the way, I think the experts of football know a hell of alot more than you and me. They say Dorsey is the best senior in the nation, at ANY position. He will most likely be a top 5 pick, not because he is overrated, but because he is that damn good. They all know more than we do, I can promise you that. Well all except Matt Millen.

It seems to me that 3 losing teams fans always seem to come to an LSU post and start ****. Just cause your team lost this week, sans Michigan, doesn't mean you have to make yourself feel better and come bash an LSU guy. Get a life.

Oh how stupid of me. I mentioned that he looked tired and worn out... Give me a break.

MaddHatter
10-11-2007, 10:34 AM
I'd like to see Calais Campbell go up against Jake Long. Those are the 2 most dominant players IMO.

Calais got shutout by Loadholt - why would Long be any different?

Sniper
10-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Calais got shutout by Loadholt - why would Long be any different?

Haven't you heard? Jake Long is the worst pass protector in the country, as some would have you believe. In all seriousness, Jake does struggle at times with speed rushers, but rarely gives up sacks.

saintsfan912
10-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Jealousy is a big fat *****. Just cause your teams, Miami(Yes you know who you are), NCState, USC ect dont have him doesn't mean you have to hate on him. When you get paid to analyze, scout, ect then you can come talk. Till then, quit talking cause obviously none of you know what you're talking about. They know FAR more than all of you so quit acting like you know what you are talking about.

Sniper
10-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Jealousy is a big fat *****. Just cause your teams, Miami(Yes you know who you are), NCState, USC ect dont have him doesn't mean you have to hate on him. When you get paid to analyze, scout, ect then you can come talk. Till then, quit talking cause obviously none of you know what you're talking about. They know FAR more than all of you so quit acting like you know what you are talking about.

So I assume you get paid to scout then? Who do you work for?

ncst8fan83
10-12-2007, 07:21 PM

lmao, dude, i never said he was a crappy prospect, he just had a crappy game. i'm sorry i don't have such a massive mancrush boner over him like you do. i never said he's gonna be a bust in the NFL or he didn't deserve a top 5 pick. Pick your thong outcha ass and get over it, bubba.

Sniper
10-12-2007, 07:25 PM
lmao, dude, i never said he was a crappy prospect, he just had a crappy game. i'm sorry i don't have such a massive mancrush boner over him like you do. i never said he's gonna be a bust in the NFL or he didn't deserve a top 5 pick. Pick your thong outcha ass and get over it, bubba.

Don't be stupid, LSU players never have bad games.

draftguru151
10-12-2007, 07:38 PM
I thought you were done making stuff up. Find ONE post where I say Dorsey isn't the best senior in the country. ONE, that's all I want, one piece of evidence to prove anything you just said. You can stop making a fool of yourself any time you want just so you know.

TitanHope
10-12-2007, 07:39 PM
This is the 3rd George Selvie thread.

We should make a pool. How many more threads will be created about him and the OP thinking that he's unearthed a hidded treasure that no one knows of?

Sniper
10-12-2007, 07:40 PM
This is the 3rd George Selvie thread.

We should make a pool. How many more threads will be created about him and the OP thinking that he's unearthed a hidded treasure that no one knows of?

9 is my guess. When making player threads, I think we should throw (official thread) at the end and if you start another, you get shot ;)

TitanHope
10-12-2007, 07:50 PM
*Click noise*

I'm down.

LonghornsLegend
10-12-2007, 08:45 PM

LOL@you acting like opinions are not allowed on a forum board if they are negative about an LSU player...yea im sure the only people who think negatively are people who are fans of teams with a loss already lol...

And I really dont think anyone was "hating" on him, you were trying to defend him talking about they had him spy Tebow which is pretty ludicrous, and it was pointed out several times during that televised game that Dorsey had yet to make an impact, they went back and showed plays where he was blocked with one man and he looked tired, slow, and had no impact on the game until the final drive of the game where he put alot of pressure on the qb...dont get me wrong he's still probably the best D lineman in college and id love for my college or nfl team to have him, but that doesnt change the way he played during that game

oldLibid21
10-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Saintsfan is a homer. Homers = Not Cool!

Tampa 2 4 life
10-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Another good game from Selvie. Anyone see him line up as a DT and cause that fumble on the handoff?

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 07:21 PM
I'd give it to Glenn Dorsey.

Sniper
10-13-2007, 07:45 PM
I'd give it to Glenn Dorsey.

He disappeared today at the end.

BuckNaked
10-13-2007, 07:47 PM
I'd definitely give it to Steve Johnson!!!

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/095009d6-04a4-4bf0-bb42-5a1d00ece187.jpg

draftguru151
10-13-2007, 07:53 PM
How about Chris Long?