27. Seattle- Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College
28. Tampa Bay- Ryan Clady OT Boise State
29. Pittsburgh- Mike Jenkins CB USF
30. San Francisco(f/IND)- Demario Pressley DT NC State
31. Dallas- Aqib Talib CB Kansas

Sniper
10-07-2007, 02:24 PM
11. Philadelphia- Desean Jackson WR California

Bravo Buck, bravo. The Eagles would like to offer you a spot as their next GM, because under the current regime there is no shot at getting a WR/PR/KR in the first round, though I would support the selection of DJax.

thule
10-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Dallas is going to draft Blake when they have Ware and Spencer two former first round picks? Not to mention just extended Greg Ellis's contract another year. Do you have any idea what the cowboys needs are?

Aqib Talib or your highest rated CB would be the best option here. Shifty WR could go here...I could see maybe a Harry Douglas or something but that seems unlikely.

BuckNaked
10-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Dallas is going to draft Blake when they have Ware and Spencer two former first round picks? Not to mention just extended Greg Ellis's contract another year. Do you have any idea what the cowboys needs are?

Aqib Talib or your highest rated CB would be the best option here. Shifty WR could go here...I could see maybe a Harry Douglas or something but that seems unlikely.

I was under the impression Ware and Spencer were playing at LB.

thule
10-07-2007, 03:08 PM
I was under the impression Ware and Spencer were playing at LB.

You see Blake as a 3-4 DE at 252lbs?

BuckNaked
10-07-2007, 03:27 PM
You see Blake as a 3-4 DE at 252lbs?

Point well made, i'll change it to my next top CB.

BaLLiN
10-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Good giants pick

Crazy_Chris
10-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Kenny Phillips :)... nice mock buck

Yung Flippa
10-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Ravens would probably think about taking Cason, but I wouldn't complain for a Groves pick-up.

TacticaLion
10-07-2007, 08:23 PM
I love Maualuga... and MLB is a huge need. I'd give anything for that pick. (Note: it's "Rey".)

LionSmack
10-07-2007, 08:44 PM
I love Maualuga... and MLB is a huge need. I'd give anything for that pick.

at #10 though?

btw, you have to love it, the Lions were in the low 20's in every mock last week, now bam it's back to drafting tenth. I assumed all along they'd be drafting between 12 and 18, and I still feel that way.

Anyway, it's interesting to see them linked to every MLB and CB who's assumed to be going in the first round. Seems to me like both those position groups need to undergo a major shakeout before we can reliably rank them.

If the Lions really were picking 10th, they better get the best prospect in the draft at one of those positions. They better get the equivalent of Ernie Sims - a can't miss piece of the puzzle who also fits a specific place in their scheme. Is Maulauga that? I'm not sure.

Smooth Criminal
10-07-2007, 09:08 PM
I don't get everyone's obsession with giving the Steelers a CB. Ike and McFadden are both having good years and Townsend is still going great at his age. William *** has been impressive as a rookie as well.

Our biggest need is easily LG where Faneca will be gone after this season and there is no one lined up to replace him. At 28 we should be able to land the #1 guard prospect aswell.

BuckNaked
10-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I don't get everyone's obsession with giving the Steelers a CB. Ike and McFadden are both having good years and Townsend is still going great at his age. William *** has been impressive as a rookie as well.

Our biggest need is easily LG where Faneca will be gone after this season and there is no one lined up to replace him. At 28 we should be able to land the #1 guard prospect aswell.

In theory it would sound good, but i just don't feel that any G's right now deserve to be taken in the first round.

BuckNaked
10-07-2007, 09:13 PM
at #10 though?

btw, you have to love it, the Lions were in the low 20's in every mock last week, now bam it's back to drafting tenth. I assumed all along they'd be drafting between 12 and 18, and I still feel that way.

Anyway, it's interesting to see them linked to every MLB and CB who's assumed to be going in the first round. Seems to me like both those position groups need to undergo a major shakeout before we can reliably rank them.

If the Lions really were picking 10th, they better get the best prospect in the draft at one of those positions. They better get the equivalent of Ernie Sims - a can't miss piece of the puzzle who also fits a specific place in their scheme. Is Maulauga that? I'm not sure.

Don't pay all too much attention to the draft order. I kind of did it up pretty quickly.

TacticaLion
10-07-2007, 09:18 PM
at #10 though?

If the Lions really were picking 10th, they better get the best prospect in the draft at one of those positions. They better get the equivalent of Ernie Sims - a can't miss piece of the puzzle who also fits a specific place in their scheme. Is Maulauga that? I'm not sure."They better get the best prospect in the draft at one of those positions"... I have a feeling that, if Maualuga declares, he'll be that prospect. He's got great speed, hits hard as hell and makes plays all over the field.

So, if he declares and becomes "that" prospect, I'd want him at 10.

fenikz
10-07-2007, 09:40 PM
King is the #1 CB in my opinion and i would love to have him as a Cardinal

Hines
10-07-2007, 10:42 PM
i like me some mike jenkins but if clady or the boston college tackle was there, they woudl go to him

LionSmack
10-07-2007, 11:05 PM
"They better get the best prospect in the draft at one of those positions"... I have a feeling that, if Maualuga declares, he'll be that prospect. He's got great speed, hits hard as hell and makes plays all over the field.

So, if he declares and becomes "that" prospect, I'd want him at 10.

Yeah, I dunno, I've also heard he's been known to take poor angles and run himself out of plays. I admit I haven't watched USC with a fine tooth comb, but the times I've watched them I haven't seen him all over the field and in the middle of every play the way you'd expect if you were gonna draft a MLB #10 overall.

Caddy
10-08-2007, 05:27 AM
i like me some mike jenkins but if clady or the boston college tackle was there, they woudl go to him

Clady went 1 pick earlier :)

BuckNaked
10-08-2007, 12:25 PM

Too bad both of them were gone.

Green Bay Scat
10-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I dunno, I've also heard he's been known to take poor angles and run himself out of plays. I admit I haven't watched USC with a fine tooth comb, but the times I've watched them I haven't seen him all over the field and in the middle of every play the way you'd expect if you were gonna draft a MLB #10 overall.

wasnt the last MLB that Detroit drafted from USC in the first a "Bust"

TacticaLion
10-08-2007, 02:34 PM
I watched the first half of the Washington game and it basically highlighted everything I've heard about him. He spent a lot of the half dropping back into coverage, shifting, and making a play on the run. He's fast, hits hard and makes plays.

I was impressed. He could struggle, have a horrible combine and be projected as a 3rd rounder... but, if he's where he might be, it's worth it.

Smooth Criminal
10-08-2007, 03:38 PM
In theory it would sound good, but i just don't feel that any G's right now deserve to be taken in the first round.

There will be a G that deserves a late first round pick. There almost always is. And the Steelers have shown they will take guards in the first round with both Faneca and Simmons.

The last few years interior O-lineman have snuck into the first round right before the draft. I'm expecting the Steelers to do the same thing.

neko4
10-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Love that Cason pick

wiscbadgerfootball
10-08-2007, 10:09 PM
cason is overrated 10 e-bucks says he falls out of the first round

Vikes99ej
10-08-2007, 10:15 PM
BuckNaked got his sexy on big time!

Finsfan79
10-09-2007, 10:17 AM
long will be a nice right tackle for miami