PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts after Jacksonville

villagewarrior
10-07-2007, 04:06 PM
I must say that Jarrad Page seems to have regressed. I know he showed some weakness with his tackling at times last year, but he seems worse at tackling in the box this year then before.

Pollard's hit on Jones-Drew was impressive.

The Chiefs defense is looking pretty damn good, I'd go so far as to say the only real weakness other than depth are the safeties.

The Chiefs must allow Larry Johnson to carry the ball more then 9 times.

I thought the offense did a good job of spreading the ball around to different receivers. I'd like to see Jeff Webb get more opportunities, I'm real excited about the future with Webb and Bowe.

And Wilson is a guy the Chiefs need to get the ball to more often as well. He could be a very versatile weapon.

T-RICH49
10-07-2007, 04:18 PM
And I would like to add it is time to see if Croyle can play.If not then maybe draft a Woodson or Brohm if they are available at our pick

BPhilb
10-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I must say that Jarrad Page seems to have regressed. I know he showed some weakness with his tackling at times last year, but he seems worse at tackling in the box this year then before.

Pollard's hit on Jones-Drew was impressive.

The Chiefs defense is looking pretty damn good, I'd go so far as to say the only real weakness other than depth are the safeties.

The Chiefs must allow Larry Johnson to carry the ball more then 9 times.

I thought the offense did a good job of spreading the ball around to different receivers. I'd like to see Jeff Webb get more opportunities, I'm real excited about the future with Webb and Bowe.

And Wilson is a guy the Chiefs need to get the ball to more often as well. He could be a very versatile weapon.

I'm going to disagree that our defense played well today. We allowed them too many yards on first down and our third down defense was horrendous. The offense wasn't good today by any means, but we never started with good field position the enitre game and just didn't have enough drives altogether. We were good by the previous five year standards, but not from what we need with this team. Jacksonville played exactly the type of game Edwards wants the Chiefs to play and they really impressed me today. We have to get a lead at some point this season if we want to see this team come around. Hopefully we can come back and win these next two games though and put ourselves in decent shape going into the bye week.

Wyndham
10-08-2007, 06:32 AM
The defense is okay, but you gotta be kidding if you think the only weakness is the safeties.

Along with them, the DTs suck, the DEs are weak against the run, the CBs are horrible and the LBs aren't physical enough against physical teams (like the Bears and Jaguars, who both stomped us).

It's got a long way to go.

The offense even moreso.

villagewarrior
10-08-2007, 07:10 AM
After a little more time to think about it, I'll agree that the defense didn't play as well as I originally thought. However, I'll still say that depth is the biggest weakness the defense has. There's maybe 13 or 14 players good enough to be playing on defense and that's just not good enough.

T-RICH49
10-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Alphonso Boone is the only DT doing anything right now