PDA

View Full Version : Matt Leinart Out Indefinitely

diabsoule
10-07-2007, 06:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3053161

Fractured his collarbone late in the first half. It's Kurt Warner's team now!

bearsfan_51
10-07-2007, 06:51 PM
It kinda already was.

Smooth Criminal
10-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Kurt played when it mattered already. Leinart was just there as the figurehead like the Queen.

soybean
10-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Sad thing is, when kurt is actually the full time starter we'll start seeing 3 fumbles a game. If leinart never emerges, dare i say, it's time to look for another qb?

BrownsTown
10-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Give Leinart time...he'll become a good QB. Watch as Warner starts getting sacked like crazy, like he always does.

Shiver
10-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Leinart hasn't looked good anyway.

fenikz
10-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Leinart hasn't looked terrible either like most people think, lets face it though all you have to do as the Cardinals QB is not throw INTs and just get the ball to Quan and Fitz they will do everything else

Moses
10-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Leinart hasn't looked terrible either like most people think, lets face it though all you have to do as the Cardinals QB is not throw INTs and just get the ball to Quan and Fitz they will do everything else

So king of like every other QB in the league?

fenikz
10-07-2007, 07:47 PM
All the other QB's don't have Quan and Fitz

LonghornsLegend
10-07-2007, 10:37 PM
He lost his job indefinately...especially with it being his throwing shoulder...

now lets all watch Kurt get sacked 10 times and fumble twice per game

benchod
10-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Leinart did play the final series of the Pitt game didn't he?

So its not like they're giving him the ball in non crucial situations.

DMWSackMachine
10-08-2007, 10:47 AM
For the record, Warner's problems, even way back to his Rams days, stemmed from 1) lack of protection and 2) his bad thumb.

His thumb has looked great to this point, and I think those freaky gloves he wears might just have fixed the problem. Also, its amazing to me, but Arizona actually is getting great line play this season. Even without Brown, they are protecting like I have honestly never seen an Arizona team protect before. If Warner can get that protection and avoid the weak thumb issues from before, he obviously still has the accuracy, poise in the pocket, and arm strength to succeed. Even more, he seems to be more mentally sharp then ever. This gives Arizona the best chance to win right now, though he is injury prone as hell. Hopefully he doesn't go down.

Leinart has looked like trash this season. If I was an Az fan, I would be scared to death because of him.

soybean
10-08-2007, 10:54 AM
For the record, Warner's problems, even way back to his Rams days, stemmed from 1) lack of protection and 2) his bad thumb.

His thumb has looked great to this point, and I think those freaky gloves he wears might just have fixed the problem. Also, its amazing to me, but Arizona actually is getting great line play this season. Even without Brown, they are protecting like I have honestly never seen an Arizona team protect before. If Warner can get that protection and avoid the weak thumb issues from before, he obviously still has the accuracy, poise in the pocket, and arm strength to succeed. Even more, he seems to be more mentally sharp then ever. This gives Arizona the best chance to win right now, though he is injury prone as hell. Hopefully he doesn't go down.

Leinart has looked like trash this season. If I was an Az fan, I would be scared to death because of him.

but can he hold on to the ball?

B-Dawk
10-10-2007, 12:39 AM
well he was placed on IR

Donno
10-10-2007, 12:42 AM
Give Leinart some time, he just had to learn Denny Green's system and now Ken Whisenhunt's.

no love
10-10-2007, 03:29 AM
Matt Leinart this year was a victim of his own success (relative) in his rookie year. He played well for a rookie bc of his high ceiling, but this year he was playing like A LOT of second year qbs, very inconsistent. And in his defense he played against some pretty tough d's in SF, Seattle, Balt and Pitt. I think Whisenhunt was wise not to send his second year qb to the wolves and get killed, although I guess now that a moot point.

Green Bay Scat
10-10-2007, 03:37 AM
i wish Cutler was drafted by Arizona, i was dreaming of that for such a long time....to bad Leinarts weak ass steped in. ugh id be a die hard Cardinals fan(#2 team) if Cutler went there, but now i have to deal with him on the Broncos. i dont like Leinart, and i dont know why, but i just cant see him lasting long, who knows maybe he'll be just like Charles Rodgers and have 3 broken collarbones

keylime_5
10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Well if they fix the O-Line all the way next spring he should have a comeback year in 2008. Not too impressed with Leinart even in his rookie year. Had a feeling he wasn't far from peaking even as a rookie. Not a bust by any means though......yet anyhow.

Turtlepower
10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Give Leinart some time, he just had to learn Denny Green's system and now Ken Whisenhunt's.

Exactly, people forget that he has played in 3 different systems in the past 3 years. This might be the best thing for him because now he can become accustomed to Whisenhunt's system on the sideline and be more prepared to take the helm next year.