PDA

View Full Version : Danieal Manning is atrocious

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
This guy is not a football player.. He is downy soft.

He CANNOT tackle at all. I can't stomach watching this scrub week after week blow tackles.

He's a BUST at Safety.. He is way too soft to play that position.

Add safety to the list of team needs, because this guy just sucks.

bearsfan_51
10-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah I love his range...he's incredibly quick and has good ball skills....but it's the same thing I hated about him last year, he's a pansy.

Unfortunately we're so deep at corner and so thin at safety he's probably stuck there for the time being.

bearsfan_51
10-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Edit: Danieal actually is at corner...too bad McGowan sucks too.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Edit: Danieal actually is at corner...too bad McGowan sucks too.

And he just got abused at corner.. Jesus.

bearsfan_51
10-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Wow......wow....

Flyboy
10-07-2007, 08:32 PM
At least he's not Fred Thomas.

Bearsfan123
10-07-2007, 09:00 PM
McGowan is a good safety. Manning just plain blows.

Smokey Joe
10-07-2007, 09:01 PM
well, he was drafted to play safety and did a good job last year at free last year... I think we all see he isn't a very good CB though. I don't understand why we don't have RMJ at CB and on Jennings and keep Manning at free. Man, our safeties (arch and mcgowan) tonight are atrocious in coverage and McGowan can't even tackle.

Smokey Joe
10-07-2007, 09:02 PM
McGowan is a good safety. Manning just plain blows.
wtf are you talking about? McGowan has sucked just as many balls as Manning has today.

Bearsfan123
10-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Today yeah, McGowan has not played well today. But on every other god**** sunday McGowan has looked good. Don't even start going after him for one bad game while Arch and Manning who we either traded for or drafted high have looked like complete crap! McGowan has shown me plenty in the past while Manning has had a handful of good games over last year and this year!

Smokey Joe
10-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Today yeah, McGowan has not played well today. But on every other god**** sunday McGowan has looked good. Don't even start going after him for one bad game while Arch and Manning who we either traded for or drafted high have looked like complete crap! McGowan has shown me plenty in the past while Manning has had a handful of good games over last year and this year!
McGowan hasn't shown ****. He didn't do good in the San Diego game, and the past two weeks he hasn't looked good. McGowan is a decent backup and a good special teamer, but as a starter at FREE, he is no good. Manning, I'll wait before I say he is no good because he was drafted as a safety, not corner.

GB12
10-07-2007, 09:10 PM
I'd pull Archuleta before anyone else.

bearsfan_51
10-07-2007, 09:11 PM
People always talk about McGowan like he's ever done anything and I don't know why.

Smokey Joe
10-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I'd pull Archuleta before anyone else.

Yeah, I can agree with this. He has done nothing in pass defense.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Bump for today's performance.

I have never seen such pathetic tackling by any player at any level. Manning is a bust.

Smokey Joe
10-14-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm not gonna give up on Manning just yet however, as he still has all the tools, just needs an attitude adjustment. Sure, he ****** up on trying to tackle Peterson while AD was going for his 3rd TD, but in his defense, he was going for the strip. He strips the ball there and Manning is praised as a hero. It was a good idea, but he shoulda just knocked him out of bounds. That was the only real play where Manning ****** up big time as well. McGowan was the one who kept letting Peterson get those long runs.

Hurricane Ditka
10-14-2007, 07:52 PM
We need Nathan Vasher back in the worst way possible.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-14-2007, 07:57 PM
I was gonna ask how well he played at S becuase Stu sucks but nevermind....

awfullyquiet
10-16-2007, 08:23 AM
We need Nathan Vasher back in the worst way possible.

Yes we do.
some normalization will be nice

D-Unit
10-21-2007, 02:32 AM
To think I wanted him on the Cowboys at one point... Sad situation.

bearsfan_51
10-21-2007, 11:43 AM
To think I wanted him on the Cowboys at one point... Sad situation.

I'm not so sure he wouldn't still be an improvement over who the Cowboys have.

Smokey Joe
10-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Manning having a pretty good game so far today...

Bearsfan123
10-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Trade up for Kenny Phillips?????

just playing.

VoteLynnSwan
10-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Manning having a pretty good game so far today...

yea i saw him actually putting a hit on some people in that game... good to see.

Smokey Joe
10-21-2007, 09:09 PM

just playing.
Kenny Phillips would be awesome. It'd be very tempting considering our safety situation is pretty much a mess right now. However, OLine is probably a much bigger need.

Well, Archuletta and Manning both played pretty well today at least.

pellepelle_10
10-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Kenny Phillips would be awesome. It'd be very tempting considering our safety situation is pretty much a mess right now. However, OLine is probably a much bigger need.

Well, Archuletta and Manning both played pretty well today at least.

This safety group is marginal at best. We're in dire need of assistance at this position. Archuleta is not the answer and neither is Manning or McGowan. I forsee a safety in the top 3 draft picks this upcoming season if a FA isn't selected. Hopefully Angelo won't go selecting some no name guy out of some DII or DIII school we've never heard of to no do shyt the next upcoming season. (i.e. Roosevelt Williams, Daniel Manning, and the list goes on.)

Bearsfan123
10-24-2007, 07:37 AM
unfortuneatly I dont see Safety being a pick that has good value this year. There is only one true first round safety and he will go top 10 to 15. Our need for O-line is near druggy level, and we need to get a QB of the future. So unless a good safety falls through the cracks, I honestly think we will have to either sign a FA or wait until the next year.

bearsfan_51
10-24-2007, 11:46 AM
This safety group is marginal at best. We're in dire need of assistance at this position. Archuleta is not the answer and neither is Manning or McGowan. I forsee a safety in the top 3 draft picks this upcoming season if a FA isn't selected. Hopefully Angelo won't go selecting some no name guy out of some DII or DIII school we've never heard of to no do shyt the next upcoming season. (i.e. Roosevelt Williams, Daniel Manning, and the list goes on.)

Yeah like Charles Tillman. Seriously...didn't you used to know what you were talking about? When did you become such an overreacting flamer?

pellepelle_10
10-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Yeah like Charles Tillman. Seriously...didn't you used to know what you were talking about? When did you become such an overreacting flamer?

Did I fart in your face or something? I'm stating an opinion here. Pull your skirt up. You're like a ticking time bomb and I have no clue why? Lay off the Nodoz and kick back Professor X.

mqtirishfan
10-27-2007, 01:18 PM

just playing.

I'm glad you're just playing. As if the Bears would have to trade up for a top ten pick. :D

Xiomera
10-28-2007, 01:21 PM
I thought of this thread immediatly after Manning made got the pass interference penalty for 47 yards against Detroit today.

You guys can officially fire this thread back up, lol.

Smokey Joe
10-28-2007, 01:29 PM
That wasn't Daniel Manning with the PI, it was Archuletta lowering his shoulder into Williams for no god damn ******* reason.

This thread needs to have Manning's name replaced and Archuletta's name placed in instead.

bearsfan_51
10-28-2007, 01:33 PM
That wasn't Daniel Manning with the PI, it was Archuletta lowering his shoulder into Williams for no god damn ******* reason.

This thread needs to have Manning's name replaced and Archuletta's name placed in instead.
The penalty was called on Archuleta but Manning was the one that really did it by pushing him in the back well before the ball came to him.

Either way they both suck.

Smokey Joe
10-28-2007, 01:38 PM
We just need a safety, period. This game makes me want to see the Bears get Kenny Phillips once again. But then again, our OLine is atrocious as well. We have a lot of work to do in the offseason.

pellepelle_10
10-29-2007, 01:24 AM
We just need a safety, period. This game makes me want to see the Bears get Kenny Phillips once again. But then again, our OLine is atrocious as well. We have a lot of work to do in the offseason.
I couldn't agree more Smokey. Watching this sweep against the Lions is truly disgusting. There are several positions of need. Tait and Brown are truly showing their age. Both safety positions are truly a joke. McBride might bloom but as of now he has a LOT to learn. Other than Harris showing up there is nobody else to really help stuff the run on the D-Line. QB youth is going to be a need, and RB is truly a joke. I don't think all the positions of need can be addressed by the draft so I hope Lovie and Angelo pull their heads out of their a$$es and stop with the blind faith in players that just aren't going to pan out. FA and the Draft will be time for some serious upgrades for the Bears...I'm sorry but we just don't operate like the Patriots who year after year swap players and look as if nobody left.