PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Vote For Heisman?

TouchdownUSC
10-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Based on what you have seen so far this season if the Heisman voting took place this week who would you be voting for? (i know there is still a lot of games left)

kwilk103
10-07-2007, 09:44 PM
mike hart; its pretty open right now; hes carrying his team

unless one someone from one of the 1 loss teams step up (like a slaton or white) and have a monster 2nd half, id go with him

BrownsTown
10-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Run DMC for me, and right now it's not all that close.

Michigan
10-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Mike Hart has almost 1,000 yards already.

Sniper
10-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Mike Hart.

BrownsTown
10-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Mike Hart has almost 1,000 yards already.

He also has 50 more carries than McFadden.

10-07-2007, 10:01 PM
between desean jackson and tim tebow but #1 player on #1 team pushes jackson ahead for now

BrownsTown
10-07-2007, 10:03 PM
between desean jackson and tim tebow but #1 player on #1 team pushes jackson ahead for now

You do mean #1 player on #2 team right? Besides, he's not a QB, so I dunno how much it will count for that he's on a good team.

P-L
10-07-2007, 10:24 PM
McFadden's yards per carry is only 0.1 better.

Michigan
10-07-2007, 10:25 PM

Which only strengthens the notion that Mike Hart IS the Michigan offense.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Desean jackson.

BrownsTown
10-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Which only strengthens the notion that Mike Hart IS the Michigan offense.

McFadden has a better YPC, and he's having a similar season to Hart despite the fact that Hart has tons more carries. Being in a commitee didn't hurt Bush.

10-07-2007, 10:27 PM
You do mean #1 player on #2 team right? Besides, he's not a QB, so I dunno how much it will count for that he's on a good team.

my bad havent checked up the updated rankings yet just supposed cal would end up at #1 cuz thats what i was hearing yesterday

BrownsTown
10-07-2007, 10:28 PM
my bad havent checked up the updated rankings yet just supposed cal would end up at #1 cuz thats what i was hearing yesterday

Yea, that was assuming LSU lost, they didn't.

WildDude
10-07-2007, 11:01 PM
If Andre Woodson didnt have a loss id take him but id say DeSean Jackson i mean he is the best player in the country he means the most to his team aswell

holt_bruce81
10-08-2007, 02:48 AM
wow, Chase Daniel not even an option

Shiver
10-08-2007, 03:43 AM
Darren McFadden, without a doubt.

JagHombre22
10-08-2007, 04:40 AM
and where is Matt Ryan on your list?

The guy has absolutely carried his team to the number 4 ranking...Mike Hart's team has 2 losses...

vatech=accdomination
10-08-2007, 06:55 AM
mike hart, jacob hester.

Woody56
10-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Mike Hart //

RyanLeaf#1
10-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Mike Hart RB Michigan ... AKA other on the poll.

P-L
10-08-2007, 07:44 AM
and where is Matt Ryan on your list?

The guy has absolutely carried his team to the number 4 ranking...Mike Hart's team has 2 losses...
Yeah, just like Darren McFadden's team and Tim Tebow's team do...

10-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Mike Hart RB Michigan ... AKA other on the poll.

if u went by an elite player with great stats on a bad team might as well go with mcfadden over hart

Caddy
10-08-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm a Desean homer so I'll go with him.

RyanLeaf#1
10-08-2007, 08:29 AM
You should have put Mike Hart and Matt Ryan on that list.

Apriori
10-08-2007, 09:11 AM
<3

If I'm starting a college football team and can have any offensive skill player I want, I'm taking Hart.
McFadden isn't as much of a leader as Hart, and can't handle the ball 40+ times per game like Hart can. And Hart NEVER fumbles. With Hart, the rest of the offense is unnecessary.

eazyb81
10-08-2007, 02:36 PM
wow, Chase Daniel not even an option

Pretty funny, eh? I'm guessing most on here haven't even seen a Mizzou game this year.

Definitely a Big Ten bias on here.

Turtlepower
10-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Graham Harrell or Michael Crabtree anyone?

Sniper
10-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Pretty funny, eh? I'm guessing most on here haven't even seen a Mizzou game this year.

Because people are pimping Mike Hart?

BrownsTown
10-08-2007, 02:40 PM

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

eazyb81
10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Because people are pimping Mike Hart?

That and there are simply a lot of Big Ten fans in general. But yeah, Mike Hart for Heisman is comical based on past history.

eazyb81
10-08-2007, 02:42 PM
If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

Okay? Thanks for that tidbit.

BrownsTown
10-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Okay? Thanks for that tidbit.

Daniel is better than noone on this list and worse than several off it.

Sniper
10-08-2007, 02:46 PM
That and there are simply a lot of Big Ten fans in general. But yeah, Mike Hart for Heisman is comical based on past history.

Comical how? Comical since he's leading the country in rushing? Comical because he plays every play hard? Comical because he's the one player who kept at it during the ASU and Oregon games? I don't even think there's a single player listed in the poll from the Big 10.

Andre Woodson
Darren McFadden
Colt Brennan
Pat White
Steve Slaton
Dennis Dixon
DeSean Jackson
Tim Tebow
other

Yeah, HUGE Big 10 bias!

SuperKevin
10-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Well going with the history of the QB of the best team having the inside track, I think Nate Longshore should get some consideration. His numbers aren't going to blow anyone away but he does a great job of managing that offense

eazyb81
10-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Comical how? Comical since he's leading the country in rushing? Comical because he plays every play hard? Comical because he's the one player who kept at it during the ASU and Oregon games? I don't even think there's a single player listed in the poll from the Big 10.

Comical because his team lost to Appy State; comical because UM already has two losses and will surely have more by the end of the season; comical because you think stats alone win Heismans.

The Heisman will go to a player whose team is playing in a BCS Bowl, and most likely will go to the QB of the NC winner. It probably won't be Chase Daniel, but it sure as hell won't be Mike Hart. Mentioning his name at this point is comical, regardless of his stats.

SuperKevin
10-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Graham Harrell or Michael Crabtree anyone?

Texas tech would have to win the Big 12 to get consideration due to the Air Raid offense. Michael Crabtree is a lock for 1st team All-American and should be the Biletnikoff winner but he won't win the heisman as a Freshman

BrownsTown
10-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Comical because his team lost to Appy State; comical because UM already has two losses and will surely have more by the end of the season; comical because you think stats alone win Heismans.

The Heisman will go to a player whose team is playing in a BCS Bowl, and most likely will go to the QB of the NC winner. It probably won't be Chase Daniel, but it sure as hell won't be Mike Hart. Mentioning his name at this point is comical, regardless of his stats.

Saying Mike Hart is comical, but pimping Chase Daniel.

That's comical.

eazyb81
10-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Daniel is better than noone on this list and worse than several off it.

What are you basing that on? NFL potential or your own pure stupidity? He was just named that Big 12 POW, is easily the best QB in the B12, and has led his team to an undefeated season thus far.

What is there to knock him on at this point? Seriously, provide some thought-provoking analysis.

Sniper
10-08-2007, 02:56 PM

I don't think stats alone win Heismans. It goes to the best player, or so it should, and I'm hard pressed to find a player who's been better and meant more to his team. Chase Daniel? Yeah, like some **** tard from Missouri is going to win the Heisman. Hey look, there's a red cow jumping over the Moon over there too.

BrownsTown
10-08-2007, 02:57 PM
What are you basing that on? NFL potential or your own pure stupidity? He was just named that Big 12 POW, is easily the best QB in the B12, and has led his team to an undefeated season thus far.

What is there to knock him on at this point? Seriously, provide some thought-provoking analysis.

HOLY CRAP! THE BIG 12 POW?

Saying he should win it over Woodson, McFadden, Brennan, White, Slaton, Dixon, Jackson, Tebow, Hart, Ryan, and many others is just plain dumb.

I actually like Chase Daniel, believe it or not. I saw him play last year when I was watching Smith last year at OLB (wanted the Browns to picking him up). He looked good, but he's nowhere near the level these guys are.

Sniper

Oh yeah there's such a plethora of nasty QBs in the Big 12, and he's not "easily" the best QB.

keylime_5
I'd give McFadden 1st place vote and Desean 2nd place vote. Of course I'd give Laurinaitis 3rd place vote because I am a huge Buckeye homer.

Sniper

Saying he should win it over Woodson, McFadden, Brennan, White, Slaton, Dixon, Jackson, Tebow, Hart, Ryan, and many others is just plain dumb.

It's quite an award, that Big 12 POW. I mean, he had to beat out...uh......

eazyb81
10-08-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't think stats alone win Heismans. It goes to the best player, or so it should, and I'm hard pressed to find a player who's been better and meant more to his team. Chase Daniel? Yeah, like some **** tard from Missouri is going to win the Heisman. Hey look, there's a red cow jumping over the Moon over there too.

What "should" happen is different from what "will" happen, genius. Nice dig though, that made a lot of sense and definitely helped your argument!

Sniper
10-08-2007, 02:58 PM
I'd give McFadden 1st place vote and Desean 2nd place vote. Of course I'd give Laurinaitis 3rd place vote because I am a huge Buckeye homer.

If you're going to give James Laurinaitis a vote, Jake Long needs about 15 then.

Sniper
10-08-2007, 02:59 PM
What "should" happen is different from what "will" happen, genius. Nice dig though, that made a lot of sense and definitely helped your argument!

Mike Hart has an infinitely higher chance of winning the Heisman than Chase Daniel.

Turtlepower
10-08-2007, 03:00 PM
If you're going to give James Laurinaitis a vote, Jake Long needs about 15 then.

I would also like to give Rudy Carpenter a couple first place votes and a second.

eazyb81
10-08-2007, 03:00 PM

Reading comprehension is a skill that you need to brush up on.

I never predicted he would win it, like some of you brilliantly predicted Mike Hart would since he "plays hard". That said, he is certainly in the top five-ten, and in case you don't follow football outside the rust belt, I could provide a few current links that list him in that area.

Tebow - 2 losses
Slaton, White - 1 loss and they will split votes
McFadden - Have you SEEN the Hogs this year?
Hart - LOL, already covered

Turtlepower
10-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Mike Hart has an infinitely higher chance of winning the Heisman than Chase Daniel.

Chase Daniel's mom is better suited with balls than he is.

Sniper
10-08-2007, 03:05 PM

I never predicted he would win it, like some of you brilliantly predicted Mike Hart would since he "plays hard". That said, he is certainly in the top five-ten, and in case you don't follow football outside the rust belt, I could provide a few current links that list him in that area.

Tebow - 2 losses

So Chase Daniel is a top 5-10 but Mike Hart isn't? Whatever you say slugger. I can't take someone seriously when they've got multi-colored bears in their sig, sorry.

BrownsTown
10-08-2007, 03:05 PM

Tebow - 2 losses

In a year like this where the actual top teams don't have the players good enough to qualify for the award, it will actually go to the best. Everyone of that list is having a helluva lot better year than Daniel.

Tell me who you think on the list, besides Hart who you seem to hate for some odd reason despite his high YPC and league leader in rushing, is worse than Chase Daniel.

eazyb81
10-08-2007, 03:11 PM
In a year like this where the actual top teams don't have the players good enough to qualify for the award, it will actually go to the best. Everyone of that list is having a helluva lot better year than Daniel.

Tell me who you think on the list, besides Hart who you seem to hate for some odd reason despite his high YPC and league leader in rushing, is worse than Chase Daniel.

Where did I say I hate Hart? He's a great RB and may slot in the top five or ten, just not a Heisman-worthy candidate; not my rules. Honestly, when was the last time a Heisman winner came from a non-top 25 team?

Everyone on the list is having a helluva lot better year than Daniel.

Do you watch college football? I'm being serious. Daniel has 1900 total yards so far this season and his team is undefeated. Compare that to any other QB and he is easily on par.

Sheesh, what happened to the intelligence on this board?

BrownsTown
10-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Where did I say I hate Hart? He's a great RB and may slot in the top five or ten, just not a Heisman-worthy candidate; not my rules. Honestly, when was the last time a Heisman winner came from a non-top 25 team?

Do you watch college football? I'm being serious. Daniel has 1900 total yards so far this season and his team is undefeated. Compare that to any other QB and he is easily on par.

Sheesh, what happened to the intelligence on this board?

Who has Daniel played? Seriously? I mean, I can understand if he was doing that on a USC or a LSU, but Missouri's the 3rd or 4th best team in the Big 12, which is an absolutely awful conference. Hart has at least faced Penn St.

I don't think that he will win it, but he will finish top 5 if he keeps this up. We've seen plenty of people finish top 5 on a bad team, Eli Manning, Alex Smith for examples.

Take off the freaking homer glasses and step into reality. Daniel won't finish top 10, much less top 5.

Michigan
10-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Without Mike Hart, Michigan would be 0-6 right now. He and Jake Long are the only players on the entire team that seem to want to win.

Sniper
10-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Without Mike Hart, Michigan would be 0-6 right now. He and Jake Long are the only players on the entire team that seem to want to win.

Crable's stepped it up too.

eazyb81
10-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Who has Daniel played? Seriously? I mean, I can understand if he was doing that on a USC or a LSU, but Missouri's the 3rd or 4th best team in the Big 12, which is an absolutely awful conference. Hart has at least faced Penn St.

I don't think that he will win it, but he will finish top 5 if he keeps this up. We've seen plenty of people finish top 5 on a bad team, Eli Manning, Alex Smith for examples.

Take off the freaking homer glasses and step into reality. Daniel won't finish top 10, much less top 5.

LOL, Alex Smith? How old are you? Utah was undefeated and went to a BCS game that year you dolt. MICHIGAN LOST TO APPY STATE! Hart is not winning the Heisman, period. If it makes you feel good to think he'll go to NY, fine, but this thread is about who will "win" the Heisman, and Hart simply will not.

At this point, Mizzou is the 2nd best team in the Big 12, and it's hard to argue that right now. Next week they play at OU w/ Gameday there and will have a chance to make the claim as the best team in the B12.

They demolished a top 25 Nebraska team this past Saturday, and earlier in the year they put a beat down on the mighty Big Ten's #18 Illinois on a neutral field and crushed Ole Miss in Oxford. Not bad for 5 games into the season.

If all you got is the 'ol "homer glasses" line, I guess that means you've run out of material. I hope you enjoyed today's lesson!

ironman4579
10-08-2007, 03:25 PM

Tebow - 2 losses

I think reading comprehension may be something you might actually want to look into, since the question was not "who will win the heisman" as you seem to think, but who would get YOUR vote? Who would YOU vote for? Just because the voters like to vote for someone on an undefeated or one loss team, doesn't mean you have to. But hey, I guess that's why so many QB's on undefeated teams win the heisman. And I chose "other" and Mike Hart, of course.

Sniper
10-08-2007, 03:25 PM
LOL, Alex Smith? How old are you? Utah was undefeated and went to a BCS game that year you dolt. MICHIGAN LOST TO APPY STATE! Hart is not winning the Heisman, period. If it makes you feel good to think he'll go to NY, fine, but this thread is about who will "win" the Heisman, and Hart simply will not.

At this point, Mizzou is the 2nd best team in the Big 12, and it's hard to argue that right now. Next week they play at OU w/ Gameday there and will have a chance to make the claim as the best team in the B12.

They demolished a top 25 Nebraska team this past Saturday, and earlier in the year they put a beat down on the mighty Big Ten's #18 Illinois on a neutral field and crushed Ole Miss in Oxford. Not bad for 5 games into the season.

If all you got is the 'ol "homer glasses" line, I guess that means you've run out of material. I hope you enjoyed today's lesson!

Going by your logic, if you think Chase Daniel will win the Heisman, you are drunk off your ass.

EDIT: I missed the Ole Miss point. Seriously, you're basing this off of Ole Miss? Wow. And funny how after you said "There's a Big 10 bias" and I pointed out there was no B10 player in the voting, you completely steered clear of that one.

ironman4579
10-08-2007, 03:26 PM

No, it's not. As you said, reading comprehension is a skill.

BrownsTown
10-08-2007, 03:27 PM

My bad...I thought of Eli Manning and for some reason I thought Alex Smith.

I seriously think you're one of the biggest homers on the board. I mean this is crazy. I'll make a bet. If Chase Daniel finishes in the top 5 in the Heisman, I'll leave the board. If he doesn't you leave the board. Hopefully that will get you to shut up about him.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 03:32 PM

Well try to imagine Kentucky without Andre Woodson

holt_bruce81
10-08-2007, 03:33 PM

I actually like Chase Daniel, believe it or not. I saw him play last year when I was watching Smith last year at OLB (wanted the Browns to picking him up). He looked good, but he's nowhere near the level these guys are.

hmm, thats hard to believe considering Smith last year was injured and when he played it was at DE in college, he never played OLB and why put Brennan ahead of Daniel? Brennan has faced nobody yet, Daniel has beatin Illinois, Nebraska and Ole Miss and in those games he has thrown for 1,090 yards, has a 70.6 cmp% in those games and has 10 TDs with 0 INTs while rushing for 121 yards and 2 scores........yea to say Daniel isnt top 5 for heisman is pretty insane, hope you are prepared to cut your balls off

holt_bruce81
10-08-2007, 03:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=feldman_bruce&id=3054315

that article gives Daniel some love

Sniper
10-08-2007, 03:37 PM
hmm, thats hard to believe considering Smith last year was injured and when he played it was at DE in college, he never played OLB and why put Brennan ahead of Daniel? Brennan has faced nobody yet, Daniel has beatin Illinois, Nebraska and Ole Miss and in those games he has thrown for 1,090 yards, has a 70.6 cmp% in those games and has 10 TDs with 0 INTs while rushing for 121 yards and 2 scores........yea to say Daniel isnt top 5 for heisman is pretty insane, hope you are prepared to cut your balls off

I wouldn't pimp Ole Miss if you're trying to build a case for someone. Nebraska is brutally overrated as well.

holt_bruce81
10-08-2007, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't pimp Ole Miss if you're trying to build a case for someone. Nebraska is brutally overrated as well.

Daniel nearly had a 75 cmp% in that game, Ole miss barely lost to Florida and they held Tebow to under a 60 cmp%

OhioState
10-08-2007, 04:01 PM

i had no idea that todd boeckman was in the heisman race ;)

draftguru151
10-08-2007, 04:22 PM

They won by 6 and Juice missed most of that game. I don't see how you can beat down a team that you almost lost to.

Chase Daniels is having a fine year, but he is nowhere near the top 5, and even top is debatable. McFadden, Hart, Ryan, Woodson, Tebow and and McCoy are all higher than him. Hell, even Jackson has a better chance.

duckseason
10-08-2007, 04:26 PM
They won by 6 and Juice missed most of that game. I don't see how you can beat down a team that you almost lost to.

Chase Daniels is having a fine year, but he is nowhere near the top 5, and even top is debatable. McFadden, Hart, Ryan, Woodson, Tebow and and McCoy are all higher than him. Hell, even Jackson has a better chance.

You really have McCoy above Daniel?

P-L
10-08-2007, 04:35 PM

So then mentioning Darren McFadden's name must be comical to you as well?

TH3
10-08-2007, 04:37 PM
I would like to take this time to pimp Sam Bradford (no real shot but still)
70% completion percentage
18 TD passes
187.03 QB percentage
Team averages 50 points a game

bearsfan_51
10-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Why is Chase Daniel such an absurd pick? Personally I think he or Hart have a chance.

If Missouri beats Oklahoma (which...granted..isn't likely) I think he should definately be in the discussion.

Currently, however, I voted Matt Ryan.

BrownsTown
10-08-2007, 05:34 PM

To say Daniel is top 5 for Heisman this year IS insane. No way he's above Woodson, or Brennan, or Hart, or McFadden, or Tebow, or Jackson or Ryan. Missouri is good, but they aren't going to a BCS bowl or anything.

I'll say it here. Any Missouri fan who wants to take it, can. Chase Daniel will not finish top 5 in the Heisman. If any Mizzou fan thinks he will, we'll make a bet. Loser has to leave the site.

Seriously, you Missouri homers are crazy.

duckseason
10-08-2007, 05:41 PM
To say Daniel is top 5 for Heisman this year IS insane. No way he's above Woodson, or Brennan, or Hart, or McFadden, or Tebow, or Jackson or Ryan. Missouri is good, but they aren't going to a BCS bowl or anything.

I'll say it here. Any Missouri fan who wants to take it, can. Chase Daniel will not finish top 5 in the Heisman. If any Mizzou fan thinks he will, we'll make a bet. Loser has to leave the site.

Seriously, you Missouri homers are crazy.

Insane? Are you serious? Whether you choose to believe it or not, Missouri has just as good a shot at beating Oklahoma as some of the other top teams have of beating their toughest opponents. Not only does Missouri have a great shot at a BCS game, some of those other guys' teams really don't. It appears as though Chase Daniel is currently one of the most underrated players on this board.

BrownsTown
10-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Insane? Are you serious? Whether you choose to believe it or not, Missouri has just as good a shot at beating Oklahoma as some of the other top teams have of beating their toughest opponents. Not only does Missouri have a great shot at a BCS game, some of those other guys' teams really don't. It appears as though Chase Daniel is currently one of the most underrated players on this board.

Do I think Chase Daniel is a good player? Yes. He's not on the level the ones I mentioned are.

duckseason
10-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Do I think Chase Daniel is a good player? Yes. He's not on the level the ones I mentioned are.

You realize that is just an opinion, right? To say it's insane to think otherwise is nearly insane in itself.

BrownsTown
10-08-2007, 05:48 PM
You realize that is just an opinion, right? To say it's insane to think otherwise is nearly insane in itself.

Who's to say opinion's can't be insane? I can think carrots should be a fruit, and that's an opinion, but it's insane. I can say Todd Boeckman should win the Heisman, and that's an opinion, but it's insane. Just because some people overrated Daniel doesn't mean I can't think that it's insane they think he'll win the Heisman.

duckseason
10-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Who's to say opinion's can't be insane? I can think carrots should be a fruit, and that's an opinion, but it's insane. I can say Todd Boeckman should win the Heisman, and that's an opinion, but it's insane. Just because some people overrated Daniel doesn't mean I can't think that it's insane they think he'll win the Heisman.

Right, but my point is that your opinion seems to be closer to insane than a person who believes Chase Daniel has a legit shot at the heisman.