PDA

View Full Version : For it or against it

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Having the clock stop after each first down.Are you for it or are you against it?
Im sure this thread has been made before.
Im against it I think it gives the opposing team to much time.I think we should just have it like the NFL.It also isnt good for clock management skills.
On the other hand the officials take up time setting the ball down and what not.Im still against it though.

Green Bay Scat
10-08-2007, 03:01 AM
i like how the clock stops, its adds another dimension to the game. you plan to get that first down to stop the clock, it rewards the team. I dont know why but i like it. also there isnt 40 sec. playclock and its only 25, i guess that gives them some free seconds

andyjo672
10-08-2007, 02:31 PM
It really makes the final two minutes of each half a lot more interesting. And without a two minute warning, its almost necessary. You have to wonder how a quarterback like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would do at this stage in their careers with their ability to call their own plays and read defenses much more effectively than a college quarterback, I would imagine they'd be able to make big things happen in the closing seconds.