PDA

View Full Version : Andre Woodson vs. Jay Cutler

soybean
10-07-2007, 11:44 PM
weird question i know, but who would you rather have as your franchise qb?

not who is the better prospect but who would you rather build your team around?

smittyjs
10-07-2007, 11:53 PM
My boy Cutler all the way.

adschofield
10-08-2007, 12:03 AM
I'd take Woodson...I think Cutler has a better arm, although Woodson still has a good arm, but the deciding factor is the great decision making ability, and his lack of INT's

BuckNaked
10-08-2007, 12:29 AM
I'd take Woodson...I think Cutler has a better arm, although Woodson still has a good arm, but the deciding factor is the great decision making ability, and his lack of INT's

I think Woodson's decision making is overrated. I've watched all of Kentucky's big games this year and it was more of missed opportunites by defenses. He throws up more balls than you would think that should be intercepted, and will be in the NFL. South Carolina really exploited him last week, but even they missed some balls that should've been intercepted.

moc182
10-08-2007, 12:43 AM
The answer to (Any quarterback in the draft since I started following it) vs. Jay Cutler would be Jay Cutler.

SenorGato
10-08-2007, 02:32 AM
The answer to (Any quarterback in the draft since I started following it) vs. Jay Cutler would be Jay Cutler.

QFT.

I haven't followed the draft for long obviously...but Cutler *screamed* special.

Green Bay Scat
10-08-2007, 02:36 AM
QFT.

I haven't followed the draft for long obviously...but Cutler *screamed* special.

thats cause at Vandy, we breed special athletes....once every 4 years

smittyjs
10-08-2007, 11:28 AM
thats cause at Vandy, we breed special athletes....once every 4 years
LOL very true.

vatech=accdomination
10-08-2007, 11:30 AM
cutler, easily

Matthew Jones
10-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I'd take Cutler. He's already a good quarterback and he has a chance to be a better one with a bigger share of the offense.

toonsterwu
10-08-2007, 01:11 PM
weird question i know, but who would you rather have as your franchise qb?

not who is the better prospect but who would you rather build your team around?

For me, Cutler. He's more sound mechanically, gets a better snap on the ball, amongst other things.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't think it's fair to decide because Cutler is pretty far on his development while Woodson has a long way to go and is not nearly the player he can be, physical tools wise I'd take Woodson, but Cutler is so much more of a finished product I don't think you could pick one. I do love Woodson's great decision making while Cutler is a gun slinger mistakes come with big plays. 2 completely styled QB's. If I had a bad defense I'd take Cutler in a heart beat, if I had a good defense and needed a heady QB who would manage the game it would easily be Woodson.

d34ng3l021
10-08-2007, 01:16 PM
People bring up the South Carolina game so much, but USC has a top5 pass defense and Kentucky has no talent other than Woodson. Of course Woodson should have performed better, but part of that blame also goes on the res of the team.

BuckNaked
10-08-2007, 01:18 PM
People bring up the South Carolina game so much, but USC has a top5 pass defense and Kentucky has no talent other than Woodson. Of course Woodson should have performed better, but part of that blame also goes on the res of the team.

You couldn't be farther from the truth. Keenan Burton is a very good WR, as is Dicky Lyons. Rafael Little is top 10 in rushing in Div 1-A and Jacob Tamme is a big target at TE and has deceptive speed.

Green Bay Scat
10-08-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't think it's fair to decide because Cutler is pretty far on his development while Woodson has a long way to go and is not nearly the player he can be, physical tools wise I'd take Woodson, but Cutler is so much more of a finished product I don't think you could pick one. I do love Woodson's great decision making while Cutler is a gun slinger mistakes come with big plays. 2 completely styled QB's. If I had a bad defense I'd take Cutler in a heart beat, if I had a good defense and needed a heady QB who would manage the game it would easily be Woodson.

he had 23 bench presses and ran a 4.77, although hes white, hes crazy good athlete. Denver should put more of the option in their gameplan as he was good at Vandy running it. People dont understand that hes actually kinda fast

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 01:22 PM
he had 23 bench presses and ran a 4.77, although hes white, hes crazy good athlete. Denver should put more of the option in their gameplan as he was good at Vandy running it. People dont understand that hes actually kinda fast

Never said he wasn't a great athlete but Woodson is towering at 6-5 with a good frame and decent mobility.

Green Bay Scat
10-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Never said he wasn't a great athlete but Woodson is towering at 6-5 with a good frame and decent mobility.

you said physical tools, which implies his athletic ability, if u ment just that hes taller and weights 4 pounds more, than say that. I just comminted on the literal defintions(To me) of the words. Cutler did start 40 games for Vandy, so he has more experience, but his touch on his ball is something that he has great, and if u watched that SC game, u could tell that Woodson doesnt have it all yet, but has some of it. I think Woodson is gonna be a good QB if he just gets the mental side of it down, as it seems he gets rattled, but yea.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 01:51 PM
you said physical tools, which implies his athletic ability, if u ment just that hes taller and weights 4 pounds more, than say that. I just comminted on the literal defintions(To me) of the words. Cutler did start 40 games for Vandy, so he has more experience, but his touch on his ball is something that he has great, and if u watched that SC game, u could tell that Woodson doesnt have it all yet, but has some of it. I think Woodson is gonna be a good QB if he just gets the mental side of it down, as it seems he gets rattled, but yea.

I think he is fine mentally he needs to work on the quirks to be a QB, he needs work on footwork in the pocket and how to elude the pass rush, also he needs work on when to use certain throws.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-08-2007, 01:53 PM
On Cutler: He sometimes makes bad decisions, but 2 of his INTs this year have been from: 1. His LT stepping on his foot as he threw, and 2. A desparation play down 9 points inside 2 minutes with no timeouts remaining. Plus we are using him stupidly, he will lead us down the field and then we will run twice in the red zone and go to shotgun for third and six, very difficult for a QB in those circumstances. Especially with his arm, he can squeeze it into the tight spaces in the endzone.

Green Bay Scat
10-08-2007, 01:57 PM
On Cutler: He sometimes makes bad decisions, but 2 of his INTs this year have been from: 1. His LT stepping on his foot as he threw, and 2. A desparation play down 9 points inside 2 minutes with no timeouts remaining. Plus we are using him stupidly, he will lead us down the field and then we will run twice in the red zone and go to shotgun for third and six, very difficult for a QB in those circumstances. Especially with his arm, he can squeeze it into the tight spaces in the endzone.

my favorite was the QB draw on like 4th and 6 were it wasnt gonna be broken even if Vick was in there lol

Smokey Joe
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
how about this one... Jay Cutler vs. Matt Ryan?

Also, GBS, don't forget about the greatest Vandy alum of all time.. Hunter Hillenmeyer! :)

Green Bay Scat
10-08-2007, 02:07 PM
how about this one... Jay Cutler vs. Matt Ryan?

Also, GBS, don't forget about the greatest Vandy alum of all time.. Hunter Hillenmeyer! :)

i cry everytime i hear," blah blah blah blah, Vanderbilt University"

soybean
10-09-2007, 01:57 PM
i voted cutler because i just think he's a better quarterback with better stuff. He's also extremely calm under pressure. But, i wonder, does he have that moxie, that swagger that certain qbs have? I see him more as a quiet subtle guy.

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 02:09 PM
I think Cutler was more Pro-ready. Yet he was still very raw.

I think that Woodson, while being a solid Pro, might never be amazing.

I'd say Woodson reminds me of Jason Campbell. Great tools, just needs to develop slowly.

Cutler was definitely special.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-09-2007, 02:23 PM
i voted cutler because i just think he's a better quarterback with better stuff. He's also extremely calm under pressure. But, i wonder, does he have that moxie, that swagger that certain qbs have? I see him more as a quiet subtle guy.

I thought he was like that too, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. He looks confident, but not cocky, calm at all times. But obviously this week was not a calming game, and when Martinez fell on a sure TD, Cutler ripped into him on the field. He was pissed.

Green Bay Scat
10-09-2007, 02:33 PM
I think Cutler was more Pro-ready. Yet he was still very raw.

I think that Woodson, while being a solid Pro, might never be amazing.

I'd say Woodson reminds me of Jason Campbell. Great tools, just needs to develop slowly.

Cutler was definitely special.

what do u mean was special? hes gods(Favre) reincarnate

10-09-2007, 03:19 PM
its like picking between favre (cutler) and mcnabb (woodson) lol

Saints-Tigers
10-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Cutler has become extremely overrated...

soybean
10-09-2007, 03:43 PM
I thought he was like that too, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. He looks confident, but not cocky, calm at all times. But obviously this week was not a calming game, and when Martinez fell on a sure TD, Cutler ripped into him on the field. He was pissed.

that;s good to hear. sign of a true leader.

zjstratton
10-10-2007, 11:23 PM
woodson is going to be a better pro than cutler. he has the ideal size for an nfl qb. he has a strong arm and rarely turns the ball over.

Green Bay Scat
10-10-2007, 11:29 PM
woodson is going to be a better pro than cutler. he has the ideal size for an nfl qb. he has a strong arm and rarely turns the ball over.

wow.....thats all i can say

Crazy_Chris
10-11-2007, 03:00 PM
This is easy ill take Cutler anyday over Woodson.

junior2430
10-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Cutler, and it's not close.

I'm not a big Woodson fan. He's big and mobile, but he has a funny release and floats the ball too much.

toonsterwu
10-12-2007, 02:16 AM

Obviously, whether someone is better or not, only time will tell. But uh, your comments make it seem as if Woodson has a stronger arm than Cutler, and I think most people would probably (as I do) acknowledge that Cutler has a stronger arm, and as a prospect, Cutler arguably had one of the better arms in recent memory (not saying there wasn't people wiht stronger arms). I like Woodson, and I think some tinkering, and he could be good, but Cutler didn't require the level of tinkering coming out that Woodson will need, IMO. Why do I say this? Well, short of it is, if Woodson was asked to play next year, I quesiton his ability to consistently fit the ball in, whereas, Cutler could fit the ball in in his first year, and only neded to adapt to the pro game.

And I say all this while being a fan of Woodson's (I still prefer him as the top QB in this draft).

no love
10-12-2007, 06:35 PM

If Cutler ran the option he would get destroyed. SF tried it a couple times with Smith (who is a bit faster than Cutler) but NFL defenses were all over it. I think Denver does a fine job of calling enough naked bootlegs which gets him out of the pocket. Besides, with an arm like that I would have him always look to pass deep for 20-30 yds rather than run for 5-10.

Unless your name is Vick or Young, the option is generally a great way to have your qb take really unnecessary shots.

But I vote Cutler, because he reminds me of Elway. Which is probably why Shanny has such a man crush on him. Or maybe its his hair.