PDA

View Full Version : Jr. CB rankings

DoWnThEfiElD
10-08-2007, 11:59 AM
This looks to be a pretty decent class of CBs and i just wanted to get your opinions on some of them.

Talib, Flowers, King, Jenkins, Ikegwuonu... there is more im sure they are just the ones off the top of my head. Most of these guys have also been starting for a couple years so they do have athletisms and experience.

Also I watched the Clem. VaTech game and Victor Harris also seemed like he had a skill set to be in the top rankings for CBs in this class, what are your opinions on him?

Turtlepower
10-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Jenkins is far and away the best of the group. No one comes close to him, except Reggie Smith of Oklahoma, who I like more as a FS than a CB.

vatech=accdomination
10-08-2007, 12:01 PM
ive always been a bigger fan on harris than flowers, harris is a better athlete and doent get beat on hitch and goes, also doesnt commit any penalties, both aare big hitters, flowers is better at stopping the run though.

DoWnThEfiElD
10-08-2007, 12:03 PM
ive always been a bigger fan on harris than flowers, harris is a better athlete and doent get beat on hitch and goes, also doesnt commit any penalties, both aare big hitters, flowers is better at stopping the run though.

Thats interesting, I don't watch a lot of Va Tech games but from what I saw the other night Harris looked like a pretty good corner. He looked like he had the size and athletisms you want in a corner prospect.

HoopsDemon12
10-08-2007, 12:03 PM
For me my personal ratings would definalty go

#1a Ike
#1b Jenkins
#2 King
#3 Smith (havnt really seen him play though)
#4 Talib
#5 Flowers

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-08-2007, 12:30 PM
I really like king because he's the only one from the group who I see as a potential shutdown guy

NYGibril28
10-09-2007, 05:27 PM
1. Reggie Smith, Oklahoma
2. Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State
3. Aqib Talib, Kansas
4. Justin King, Penn State
5. JackIkegquonu, Wisconsin
6. Brandon Flowers, Virginia Tech
7. Victor Harris, Virginia Tech
8. Mike Mickens, Cincinnati
9. Joe Burnett, South Florida
10. Randy Phillips, Miami (FL)

thats how i see it

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 05:32 PM
1) Justin King
2) Brandon Flowers
3) Malcolm Jenkins
4) Reggie Smith
5) Aqib Talib
6) Mike Mickens
7) Victor Harris
8) Jack Ikegwuonu
9) Joe Burnett
10) Wopamo Osaisai

With that said I think Smith and Jenkins could/will be drafted before Flowers, but Flowers is just a monster.

thebow305
10-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Jenkins is far and away the best of the group. No one comes close to him, except Reggie Smith of Oklahoma, who I like more as a FS than a CB.

I didn't really think that much of Reggie at first... but he easily rivals Jenkins as the top underclassman CB... maybe even top CB overall.

thebow305
10-10-2007, 01:54 PM
1) Justin King
2) Brandon Flowers
3) Malcolm Jenkins
4) Reggie Smith
5) Aqib Talib
6) Mike Mickens
7) Victor Harris
8) Jack Ikegwuonu
9) Joe Burnett
10) Wopamo Osaisai

With that said I think Smith and Jenkins could/will be drafted before Flowers, but Flowers is just a monster.

Wow... i'd take Smith over Flowers any day of the week... and Jack over Harris or Mickens as well.... what were you thinking??

Don Vito
10-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Do any of you guys see Ole Miss SS Jamarca Sanford as a NFL CB. He is only a junior and listed as a SS but plays A LOT of corner and some FS. He was named pre-season All-SEC in this season. He is one of the most sure-tackling DBs in the nation, he is Ole Miss' emotional leader and best defensive player, is a ballhawk, a good athlete, solid leaper, a playmaker, and he has good hands. He is 5-10 200 and should run a mid-low 4.5s. I see him as a day 1 pick in the 2009 draft (if he stays in Oxford) as of now, but he has the potential and is putting up the numbers to warrant a first round grade.

Mr. Stiller
10-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Wow... i'd take Smith over Flowers any day of the week... and Jack over Harris or Mickens as well.... what were you thinking??

That I have my own Opinion.

I'm not a fan of Ikegwuonu. He's a great corner, but he's an idiot, especially off the field.

marks01234
10-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Do any of you guys see Ole Miss SS Jamarca Sanford as a NFL CB. He is only a junior and listed as a SS but plays A LOT of corner and some FS. He was named pre-season All-SEC in this season. He is one of the most sure-tackling DBs in the nation, he is Ole Miss' emotional leader and best defensive player, is a ballhawk, a good athlete, solid leaper, a playmaker, and he has good hands. He is 5-10 200 and should run a mid-low 4.5s. I see him as a day 1 pick in the 2009 draft (if he stays in Oxford) as of now, but he has the potential and is putting up the numbers to warrant a first round grade.

From what I've seen he's an undersized safety at this point.

junior2430
10-12-2007, 01:46 AM
Got to add DeAndre Wright of New Mexico to that list.

moc182
10-12-2007, 01:50 AM
A guy I haven't seen mentioned who has blown me away everytime I've seen him is Alphonso Smith from Wake.

underscore
10-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Justin King separated his shoulder vs. ND and has struggled with the injury all season.

I doubt he goes pro early now, as he'll probably end up having surgery in the off-season.