PDA

View Full Version : Ghetto's Week 5 Thoughts

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 12:15 PM
I guess I decided to get into the action and write my own week 5 thoughts. Enjoy!!!
Ok first off I will just start with a brief analysis of my local teams games, the Redskins vs. Lions, and the

Ravens vs. 49ers.
Redskins-34, Lions-3
This is as good as I have seen the Redskins have played in a long time. The score didn't even really do any justice as to how much the Redskins dominated this game. If they just picked up one of those many fumbles, and didn't commit dumb turnovers this could have easily been a 50-3 game, but as is it was a very impressive win by the Redskins. I think you now have to atleast consider them somewhat as a threat in the NFC. Playing the Packers next week will be a huge test for them, and if they can win that game they deserve some recognition. I'm not blind obviously the Cowboys are the cream of the crop but after them the window is open to any team to take the next spot and I really think this Skins team has the personnel to do so. Of course the first thing we have to talk about is the defense of the Redskins because they played one of the most defensively dominant games of any team yet this season. It is well document how proficient the Lions are on offense. They averaged over 30 points a game. While the running game has been just average they have statistically the #1 passing offense in the league and now a healthy Kevin Jones to go along with Tatum Bell. Jon Kitna who is never soft spoken about how good he and his team is was held to 106 yards passing to go along with 0 TD's, and 2 INT's, one by Sean Taylor returned for 40 yards, and one by Carlos Rogers returned 61 yards to the house. The big 4 wideout troupe of the Lions was completely shut down. Roy Williams 3 catches 36 yards, Shaun McDonald 4 catches 19 yards, Mike Furrey 1 catch 14 yards, and Calvin Johnson 1 catch 3 yards. This was due to good secondary play by Sean Taylor, Landry, Smoot, Rogers, and Springs, but more importantly the pass rush. It is well documented that the Lions have a bad line but they were absolutely dominated by zero blitzing. Building his reputation on blitzing Greg Williams really switched it up this week. Knowing how they are such a great passing team he dropped his team into coverage every play and only had the 4 down lineman rushing every play. They were each dominant. Marcus Washington playing with his hand in the dirt had 2 sacks and a forced fumble. Philip Daniels put pressure all day and forced a fumble which was taken back for a b.s reason. Cornelius Griffin dominated inside getting his own sack, but the man of the was Andre Carter. He dominated the game from start to finish. Yes Jeff Backus is a scrub but Carter made him look like a JV lineman all day. While Carter only statistically had 2 sacks and a safety, he pressured him atleast 12 times and used his speed and strength to throw Backus down on a frequent basis. The man's motor is running and he should have 10+ sacks this year easy. He is a freak of nature no doubt and after his failed experiment at LB in San Fran he has really bounced back and re-found his skill at DE. The linebackers were stellar as usual. Marcus Washington did more damage at DE, but Randall Godfrey was great filling in when Marcus went down. London Fletcher is always a tackling machine and team leader and he is the key reason as to why they are so much better as team this year. While London may be the most important acquisition Rocky McIntosh may be the most important player. He has brought that attitude and athleticism that the team lacked last year. He just flies all over the field making plays. He led the team again in tackles. As for the secondary they too were stellar. Keeping everything in front of them they didn't allow a big play all afternoon. They were obviously led by Sean Taylor, who IMO can now be considered a top 5 Safety in the league. After slimming down in the offseason to gain some speed in coverage he has been flat out dominant. While he is still a vicious hitter making plays in the run game all day, more importantly he is yet to be beat deep all year covering wideouts one on one. He had another INT against the Lions giving him 2 on the season in their 4 games. You also have to appreciate his work on special teams. He blocks the opposing teams gunner well, and he had a bone crushing block which freed up James Thrash on his huge return. LaRon Landry did his thing. Flawless in coverage making quick breaks on balls, and in the run you know what he's about. He made plenty bone crushing hits. Smoot had an INT taken away, Springs was solid, and Carlos actually caught an INT. He has always been physical and a beast against the run, so if he gets consistent in his pass coverage it will be awfully scary for opposing teams. The team just hit so hard today and were on a different level. Special teams played a big part. James Thrash had a huge punt return and the hustle of Rock Carwright helped them get the ball back after the fumble. Everyone on special teams from Reed Doughty, to Rock Cartwright, to HB Blades were just delivering punishment. As for the offense they too had an exciting day. Being without Santana Moss we knew would be a blow but if anything it has helped their team as some of the other wideouts were involved. Jason Campbell really took the next step in his progression going 23/29 for 248 yards 2 TD's and no INT's, this was an especially great feat with the lack of weapons he had. Randle El was hot in the first half with 100 yards receiving but did not play in the 2nd half due to injury. Vet Keenan McCardell stepped up as well as Cooley and Thrash. Brandon Lloyd had a catch although Reche Caldwell did not. But the team MVP was easily Mike Sellers. Known as one of the best blockers in the league, Sellers dominated the game. He crushed defenders all day long as a blocker but it was him with the ball that may shock some people. He started the momentum shift on a huge 24 yard catch in which he trucked defender Kenoy Kennedy like few have seen in a while. He had 24 yards rushing and a TD, to go with 36 yards receiving and a TD. He IMO is the best FB in the NFL. He showed how great he was on one play which was a direct snap to CP in which CP held on to his jersey as Sellers cleared way. As far as rushing CP ran hard all day breaking some runs. The O-line despite not having Jon Jansen and Randy Thomas were so impressive. Chris Samuels is still a top tier lineman and the fill in guys were excellent especially Todd Wade and Jason Fabini. Now on to the Lions this was an awful loss but they are a wayyy better team that showed up today. Jon Kitna who personally I hate because his cocky attitude was crap. Yes the line is pitiful but he is the worst QB in the league at eluding the pass rush. They need to run more plays so that he can get rid of the ball quick and let the guys like Roy and CJ go to work. Kevin Jones though was a bright spot. He ran well against one of the best run stopping defenses in the league. He is a tough and physical back. Punter Nate Harris was pretty bad though. On defense Ernie Sims is an absolute stud. He is a playmaker. I noticed Gerald Alexander as playing a very good game. Redding needs to step it up after signing that huge contract in the offseason. The Lions need some kind of pass rush because they got none against the Redskins. Interesting tidbit, Redskins great Gary Clark was honored at halftime to be added to the ring of fame in the stadium, funny thing is that local media was so consumed with Mike Sellers that I never saw a mention until I saw it on ESPN. He had a great speech, while most are reflective and even shed a tear, Clark did it the right way a football player should, he screamed and shouted, and said at halftime at midfield during his speech, “ we will kick the Lions assess”.

Ravens-9, 49ers-7
This was quite the track meet, lol. A typical Ravens game as a fan it was awfully boring. We have to start with Baltimore’s MVP Ed Reed. The best safety in the league he is an absolute ball hawk. His INT basically won the game for Baltimore. He in addition returned the punts with 1 good return. The 49ers had great opportunities to win this game but could not capitalize. That is understandable though with Trent Dilfer at QB. It could have been an entirely different game if Alex Smith was not hurt. This Baltimore team though I do not think is the elite team I thought they would be. They will probably be in the playoffs but as a 9-10 win wildcard team. They just lack too much on offense to be great. Willis Mcgahee was a fantastic acquisition running as good as I have seen him run since he was back at the U. He has made his impact felt both rushing and receiving. He still though is yet to reach the end zone rushing. And that is really the Ravens problem. They get the yards but can’t convert near the Redzone. Steve McNair is very accurate in the intermediate throws but isn’t able to go deep. Still he is their best chance to win, to all of the Kyle Boller fan lovers. Derrick Mason has played at such a high level his entire career and that just continues to happen. He came into the game 2nd in the league in receptions and with 11 against the 49ers I am fairly confident he is now #1. He still amazes me with his escape ability after the catch. He is turing 5 yard passes to 15 yard gains. Demetrius Williams looks like a stud and he is their only true deep threat, while Mark Clayton is fading away. Quinn Sypnewski was great replacing Todd Heap, and even looked like Heap on some plays. If I were another team in need of a good starting TE I would look to trade for Sypnewski. He is a terrific blocker, and a huge body with good pass catching skills. I was shocked when they took him but now I can see the pick was very good, another steal by Ozzie Newsome. Kelly Gregg is such an underrated DT and is just a blue collar guy who doesn’t get any credit for what he does, while Jarrett Johnson has really impressed me filling in great for Adalius Thomas. Terrell Suggs however has been invisible this season and is making his price tag go down for the Ravens. He is still without a sack and only a handful of tackles, but when you see him run around you can still see that he has the skills to produce like he has in the past. Coincidentally though his biggest issue in finishing plays has been his speed which was the one knock coming out of college which prevented him from being a top 5 pick. For the 49ers Trent Dilfer is just not going to get the job done, and it does hurt not having your safety blanket in Vernon Davis. Gore was solid on the ground with 50 yards but it is against the Ravens defense. Nate Clements was great in run support but had trouble covering a slippery receiver like Derrick Mason. Patrick Willis is so studly and I have confidence that he will be the next dominant LB in line. Pwillie is a dominant tackling machine. The 49ers though are going nowhere this year but their defensive pieces are great.

Ok now that my teams are out of my way, here are my week 5 thoughts::

What the heck New Orleans Saints
The New Orleans Saints are just in absolute destruction mode. After such a magical season last year who would have ever thought that the New Orleans Saints would start off the season 0-4. That is shocking to me. The loss to a struggling Panthers team with David Fricken Carr at QB. Oh yeah we can officially call him a bust BTW. The loss of Deuce McAlister is huge. There goes their physical run presence. I’d actually like to see them give it to Aaron Stecker more often. Reggie had his best game of the year, but you have to wonder how his body will hold up getting 15+ carries, as well as the fact that he isn’t going to pound away on a defense and tire them through the progress of the game like Deuce was able to. Drew Brees has been off all season and more of the same this week, while Devery Henderson did show again his flashes of playmaking ability, but he still is unable to do it on a consistent basis which will always be his problem. The Saints are free falling and I only expect the bleeding to continue. They should have a high pick in the draft next year though.

Chargers return to Dominance for now
In a matchup of two teams who have been huge disappointments this year, the Chargers ran away with it absolutely dominating the Broncos. Their run game just tore apart the Broncos, as Michael Turner showed that amazing burst and playmaking ability on his long TD run. LT is looking so much better and has the bounce in his step back, but still I am not seeing the same LT, who dominated the league last year and had me thinking all time greatest. Hopefully he can step it up as the season continues. Phillip Rivers played his best game of the year running an efficient offense. I still worry with him however because he isn’t connecting with anyone other than Gates, and the once in a while LT and Vincent Jackson catches. Their defense however dominated the Broncos. I still think the Chargers have a good chance of making the playoffs because they still have the pieces to do so, Norv Turner however is still a terrible disease that’s hard to get away from.

Is Ronnie Brown Legit?
I think that it is pretty safe to say now that Ronnie Brown is a top tier running back. After showing greatness his rookie season, he up to this year has been a minor disappointment struggling with injuries and such. But after a string of good weeks by Ronnie the way he is running I think I can make the judgment that he is forreal. I think we will see him in Hawaii by the end of the season. The biggest attribute to his success would have to be the Dolphins making a commitment again to the run. With whoever at QB Trent Green or Cleo Lemon, Ronnie should get a heavy workload every single week and if he can stay healthy I think he can go over 100 yards every game as a viable legit #1 fantasy running back option. His running however will unlikely correlate to team success, because the defense just looks old and tired although Jason Taylor continues to dominate.

Bears Biggest regret will be letting go of Thomas Jones, Thomas Jones biggest regret will be leaving the Bears
The Bears made the wrong decision by getting rid of Thomas Jones for Cedric Benson. Yes I understand cash considerations had to be made as well as the fact that Jones is a little bit older, but I think the #1 thing was pride. They are a team that is so proud of their draft success so to take Benson with the 4th pick in the draft they were almost handicapped or forced into keeping him instead of admitting they made the wrong pick and trying to move Benson, sometimes pride is greater than common sense. I just don’t like Benson at all from what he has done in the NFL. I love him as a prospect in college but as time grows I am just hating him more an more. Everything first starts with attitude, and he has a crappy one if you consider. He has a great cockiness like he’s already a star in the league without having done anything. From what I hear in the media he is also a horrible teammate. Very selfish and ranting about how he needs more carries, maybe he would get more carries if he could actually do something. Ball security is a huge issue as one of the most basic things as a running back is holding on to the ball, but he is clearly awful at that. When I watch him run it is just one of the most frustrating things I have seen in a long time. During his career he has shown flashes of great combination of speed and power but every game this year it just looks like he’s not even trying or doesn’t care. He is one of those players who I can see because of his attitude never turning the corner or utilizing the great skill he has. When he runs the ball he just looks weak and soft. He isn’t looking to break anything he just looks like Jamal Lewis in his last year on the Ravens. Once he see’s first contact he just wants to go down. It is painful to watch because I remember how well and hard he ran the ball at Texas. It doesn’t help that he will be under constant scrutiny since he is the back that they chose to keep, doesn’t help either than he has no QB. The best thing for him would be a fresh start which would benefit his career similar to Willis Mcgahee but I don’t see that happening any time soon. His yard per carry average is just horrendous. As for Thomas Jones he will also regret having been traded to the Jets and not a team like say the Ravens or Texans. With the Bears Jones was the perfect fit he ran hard and was always consistent. Despite everyone every week hoping he’d do bad so they could put in first rounder Benson, he made it hard on the fans by not doing bad enough to be replaced. With the Jets he basically has zero chance for success and none of it is his fault. He has a young line that is not good and after losing the veteran presence of Pete Kendal it will take even more time to adjust, more correlative to his lack of success is the quarterback issue. Chad Pennington just can’t get it done anymore. His poor armstrenth takes away any deep threat so defenses are able to stack the box against the run. They should put in Kellen Clemens but regardless Jones will have some good weeks like 2 weeks ago but he will find it hard to find yards.

Titans not so hot on Sunday
This was the trendy pick I was hearing all week as the blowout game. Vince Young was supposed to have a career day and their defense was supposed to give Joey Harrington fits all day, the 2nd part though was the only true part. First off all just getting a win was the most important thing for the Titans. No they are not a great team so every win is good for them, but their offense was really non existent on Sunday. Vince Young did not have a great game. Passing he was not good at all but it doesn’t help not having anyone to throw to. You can’t argue with his win success though. The running game looked pretty bad. Fat White was just slow and his fumble really could have loss the game for them as it really turned momentum around. Chris Brown was not impressive either and his upright running style still bothers me. Defensively though they were very good. Vanden Bosch was all over and Fuller had a huge INT. This however is not a good Falcons team at all. The Titans squeaked out a win, but it wasn’t as impressive as I thought it would be, on the offensive side especially. They really should have gone Dwayne Bowe with their first round pick. Fat Albert though deserves a huge shoutout he has been flat out dominant, he is a balla.

Matt Leinart out Indefinitely
Ouch this really hurts for Matt Leinart. I for one to begin with have already labeled him as a bust. Yes he is a leader but nothing else about him sticks out to me. His much documented lack of arm strength is really his biggest problem. He is unable to make those tough passes in the 15-25 yard area towards the sideline that all successful QB’s in the NFL should be able to make. His pocket presences is not as good as I though it was coming out, as he isn’t great at avoiding the pass rush with nifty footwork, his ballroom dancing class should have helped him with that. He is a sitting duck in the pocket, also another issue I have with him is bad decision making. So much of his passing stats is just because he has 2 amazing receivers. Makes you wonder how proficient this offense would be with a gunslinger like Jay Cutler feeding it to Fitz, Boldin, and Bryant Johnson. This now means that Kurt Warner will take over the reigns as he should have after the week in Baltimore, this however could go 1 of 2 ways for old Kurt. He has been fire this year making their offense look totally new, but with it as his team it is yet to be seen how he will react. Last year I had high hopes for Kurt Warner. Being unleashed with all of his weapons I was thinking best show on grass, I even took him in my fantasy draft in the 5th round. Instead he disappointed, did not look good, couldn’t hold on to the ball, and threw INT’s. He has looked so much different though this year and looks rejuvenated. One thing you know you will get from him that you won’t get from Leinart is a quick release, and a good deep ball. I expect this offense to be much smoother with Warner back there. Obviously it won’t happen but if I were the Cardinals I would trade Leinart for as much as I could and would draft Brian Brohm, more likely though would be Larry Fitzgerald leaving through FA.

Travis Johnson right or Wrong
This is a very interesting story. As many of you know as Johnson was going for the ball handler when Trent Green threw a block low, Green ended up on the stretcher and possibly career ending I’m not sure. In the interview Johnson basically called Green classless and said, F*** Trent Green. First of all as for the legality of the play. It is an illegal block you can’t argue that. Johnson could have easily been on the similar end of the table, throwing blocks like that often end seasons and sometimes careers, so as for the block Johnson had every right to be angry with it, but his reaction I think was poor and wrong. Despite any frustration he had you can’t ignore the result. Maybe if he was the one on the stretcher it would be fine to say something but since he wasn’t hurt he shouldn’t have said anything. Yes the fact that he was not actually hurt does not make the block right, but common ethics teach you when you should shut your mouth even if you have reason to spit. You can’t just go around talking trash about a respected vet who suffered a brutal injury, IMO both were wrong, but I do hope for a speedy recovery for the ole QB.

Big Names Struggling
*Larry Johnson:Larry oh Larry fantasy owners of yours must be punching themselves. I guess signing that ridiculous contract didn’t make you any better. Johnson has just flat out awful and terrible, and a lot has to do with him not all the blame can be put on the offensive line and the quarterback play. Everyone in the organization is trying to make excuses for him, but it is as simple as him running poorly and looking like a huge waste of money. Johnson is just running tentative, scared, and slow. My projection for rushing yards for him this year is 890.
*Maurice Jones-Drew:I still think that Mo Drew will really struggle this year. Yes he had 80 yards rushing or something like that but most of that was on a long run. He still will not show anything on consistent weekly basis and he is not a full time running back yet, expect him to continue to struggle.
*Matt Hasselbeck:He was flat out awful on Sunday as was the team as a whole, while granted he has been much better the previous 3 games, the entire season he has just not looked crisp with his accuracy like he has been in the past, I look for this seahawks team to be a 7 to 9 win team.

My Week 5 outrageous Prediction of the week
The Houston Texans will win 10 games. Yes they are off to only a so so start but I really like them. Matt Schaub is the real deal, he always had the tools to be great, now he is great. Once he gets back Andre Johnson and Jacoby they will be money. Their only real problem on offense is the total lack of a run game. I for one was the most against the Ahman signing and it is starting to come to fruition. Cutting Wali Lundy was the biggest mistake that they made. Lundy got you 4 yards a pop, and could have been your future back, instead you cut him for some scrub, Taylor or whatever. Defensively their Dline is nice and I love Demeco. It will be hard in the AFC with their schedule but I think they can do it.

Good Brett, bad Brett
Brett has started his second life. To open this season he has been money, one of the best QB’s in the league, he seemed to have cut out some of the awful decision making, but after last night you have to wonder if we will be seeing Good Brett, Bad Brett similar to last season. Yes we shouldn’t judge him on one game with just one bad mistake against an ok defense, but still you have to wonder if he can control himself. Brett finds himself in trouble when he feels he has to win the game all by himself and tries to do things you should never do such as throwing the ball back across the field. I think he can keep himself in check as long as the Packers are not behind in games, and as long as they have a good run game. For Brett’s sake hopefully Green Bay can continue success with their defense and run game, or we could be in store for some more of Brett Grossman, which I’m sure the rest of the league is hoping for.

Not so scary anymore
Certain teams built a reputation for doing certain things but now as they get older they are no longer feared by the rest of the league. Case #1 is the Chicago Bears defense. Teams are no longer afraid of them. Yes they won last night and made some crucial plays but that first drive in which the Packers with 7th round rookie Deshawn Wynn ran 64 yards for a TD was just something that teams would never try a year ago because they thought it was too tough, but the Packers took them head on and dominated physically inside all game long with inferior running backs. Urlacher had trouble all night shedding his block. Teams now have learned that if they do not fear this defense they can exploit it. Rather than running away from their backers, they are going straight at them and the backers in return are unable to make the plays. The same goes for the Ravens to a lesser extent. I still think they have a great defense because their amazing playmakers and they did play huge yesterday against an awful defense but against the Bengals and Browns they were exposed, especially against the Browns. The Browns are a team that in previous years went against the Ravens knowing they had no chance against the Ravens, and knowing the fact that the Ravens defense would dominate them, this year however is completely different. Teams realize that with their age and injuries the Ravens will have trouble holding you to just 10 points a game. Teams who used to be afraid to go at Chris McCailster are now attacking him, and the result, big TD’s given up by him 2 weeks in a row. On the other side of the ball teams are no longer afraid of the high powered Saints offense. They know that Brees is not himself and with the loss of a physical prescience Reggie Bush is no longer the same threat. His speed is not that much greater from the defensive personnel, and they know he can’t match up in physicality.

Mason Crosby, stud kicker
Going into the draft we all thought Crosby was the superior prospect. Many had him pegged as a first day pick and special teams ace, yet he dropped to the 6th round and was only the 3rd kicker taken after Nick Folk and Justin Medlock. Folk has been accurate but does not have the leg strength of Crosby. Medlock on the other hand has been absolute crap. He was so bad that he was put on practice squad and will probably stay there, the fact that no team has tried to sign him shows how little interest he has around the league. I liked what I saw from him at UCLA, but it is obvious that it is a mental issue that he is dealing with, lack of confidence was apparent in his face when he missed those kicks. Crosby however I see star potential in. He has already booted in a long one and I really like what I see from him, he however needs to show consistency over a whole season, but I do like him.

Rookie Standouts
*On Defense it would have to be Aaron Ross, he was my #1 corner prospect in last years draft. He came up huge against the Jets with 2 big interceptions
*My offensive rookie of the week would have to be Brian Leonard. On an awful Saint Louis Rams team he had 102 yards on only 18 carries, quite a nice average for the former Rutgers star. Shout out to G-Reg Olsen, Dwayne Bowe, Mason Crosby, and Deshawn Wynn for all nice weeks.

Week 5, Man Crush
David Garrard: Everyone was so against them giving him the starting spot and letting go of Byron but it was absolutely the right move to make. I have always liked Garrard. With their good defense they need a game manager and that is exactly what Garrard is. He is accurate and efficient, can make plays happen with his feet, and doesn't commit turnovers, he has zero int's on the season, all of this and he has no receivers.

LOL moment of the week
Junior Seau in game celebration: One of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. Basically summary of what happened, ole Junior got a pick and celebrated by holding the ball up while still at midfield running it back with a couple guys behind him chasing. It would have been hilarious if he got it poked out but unfortunately that didn’t happen. If it were a rook you would say bad sportsmanship and showing up the team but since it’s Junior I think it’s just good old fun. He deserves it and as long as he is still making plays I love it, although I hate the Patriots. For sure a funny moment this week, although that comment was great when Urlacher called Brett Favre an old Tony Romo.

Ghetto’s Week 6 Matchups/Predictions
Next week appears to be gut check Sunday, with teams like the Packers, Patriots, Cowboys having to prove just how good they are:

Vikings @ Bears
Prediction: Chicago Win 13-7
This game will be much tighter than many people think it will be. I just don’t like Cedric Benson, the Vikings will shut him down, and Griese will struggle passing, but poor QB play and turnovers will lead to the Vikings defeat, Adrian Peterson though will break a 70 yard run.

Dolphins @ Browns
Prediction: Browns win 23-10
Ronnie Brown is looking better, but I think Jamal will have his best output since his Bengals blow out, and Derek Anderson will have a huge day with Braylon Edwards

Redskins @ Packers
Prediction: Redskins win 24-22
Yes I a am a Redskins homer but they are just on fire after their win against the Lions they are hyped up, this secondary should give Brett Favre fits, and their offense should do enough to pull out the victory.

Texans @ Jaguars
Prediction: Jaguars win 13-10
I love what Matt Schaub is doing but it will be tough against the Jags. I look for Mo Drew to add on some of the momentum that he started last week.

Bengals @ Chiefs
Prediction: Bengals win 30-17
Bengals offense is too high power for the Chiefs to handle, and the Chiefs offense has been struggling mightily.

Titans @ Bucs
Prediction:Titans win 17-14
I really like what the Titans have done so far. Tampa Bay needs to find a running game, while Vince Young should trouble the defense all day.

Rams @ Ravens
Prediction:Baltimore wins 13-3
Baltimore has not been good but the Rams are flat out awful. Regardless of if it is Bulger or Gus Forgot, I their offense will not move the ball at all on the Ravens defense. Look for Mcgahee to get his first rushing TD of the season.

Eagles at Jets
Prediction:Eagles win 35-13
I really think the Iggles win big, coming off that embarrassing loss to the Giants, you can be sure that Mcnabb is gonna wanna bounce back and in a huge way, look for Brian Westbrook to have a field day against the Jets. Chad Pennington will be intercepted a couple times.

Panthers @ Cardinals
Prediction: Cardinals win:27-13
I still don’t like this Panthers football squad. They are too up and down, and while Delhomme might play, I think the Cardinals will have a new attitude with Kurt Warner behind the wheel.

Raiders @ Chargers
Prediction:Chargers win 38-7
Look for the Chargers to start a winning streak, the Raiders are the perfect team to build confidence on, despite how surprisingly well they have played this season.

Saints @ Seahawks
Prediction: Saints win 21-7
Saints get first win of the year. The Seahawks are really struggling, as Shaun Alexander is once again battling injury problems.

Giants @ Falcons
Prediction:Giants win 27-13
The Falcons are not a good team, With Byron’s slow release look for the Giants pressure to bother him all day long. Plaxico will have some big catches as well, and having Brandon Jacobs back as well as Derrick Ward will instantly make the Giants a much better team. Jacobs looked nice last week.

Matchup of the Week

Patriots @ Cowboys
Prediction:Patriots win 34-21
This will be a great game, and close for the first 3 quarters but I can see the Patriots pull away at the end because of its passing game. It will be interesting to see if Randy Moss and TO try to out stage each other.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Ghetto allow me to rain on your Kyle Boller hatred parade:

3 for 13 .231 PCT

Thats the Red Zone efficiency with Steve McNair as the starting QB.

2 for 3 .667 PCT

Thats the Red Zone efficiency with Kyle Boller as the starting QB.

I've never seen a more telling stat to why a change at QB is needed.

HoopsDemon12
10-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Wow thats one hell of a write up...

BuckNaked
10-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Nice write up here Ghetto. I was never big on Leinart and I now see that the rest of the league can see it.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Ghetto allow me to rain on your Kyle Boller hatred parade:

3 for 13 .231 PCT

Thats the Red Zone efficiency with Steve McNair as the starting QB.

2 for 3 .667 PCT

Thats the Red Zone efficiency with Kyle Boller as the starting QB.

I've never seen a more telling stat to why a change at QB is needed.

3 opportunities against the Bengals defense and Cardinals D or whatever hardly gives you an idea of how he will be as a full time starter, he is that same guy that had over a season opportunity as a starter and sucked. Erratic in the pocket, multiple mental mistakes, and can't hold on to the ball when scrambling, McNair is their best chance to win this year and you know it.

sweetness34
10-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Have you seen TJ's stats this year? They aren't much better than Ceds, if they are at all. Poor run blocking is the big reason why Cedric isn't doing too hot right now. Sure he's missed holes but none of our running game can get going. AP and Garrett are both struggling as well.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 12:34 PM
3 opportunities against the Bengals defense and Cardinals D or whatever hardly gives you an idea of how he will be as a full time starter, he is that same guy that had over a season opportunity as a starter and sucked. Erratic in the pocket, multiple mental mistakes, and can't hold on to the ball when scrambling, McNair is their best chance to win this year and you know it.

That right there describes McNair this year not Boller. Stop with this ridiculous bashing of a player based on past experiences. This isn't 2003 and McNair is a shell of his former self. Those numbers for Boller are from the Jets game, a game in which he started and won. McNair isn't getting it done, you praise him and bash Boller. I give you stats to prove Boller is the better option, you bash him. Apparently you are resigned to losing this year as a Raven fan, sorry I'm not. Kyle Boller is the answer and you know it!

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Have you seen TJ's stats this year? They aren't much better than Ceds, if they are at all. Poor run blocking is the big reason why Cedric isn't doing too hot right now. Sure he's missed holes but none of our running game can get going. AP and Garrett are both struggling as well.

Wolfe has not looked good but Peterson looks to be getting around 4 yards a pop on his few carries this season.

LonghornsLegend
10-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Wow, how long did that take?? good write up man, props for taking the time to put it all together, good summarys, and non biased opinions...+rep

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 12:36 PM
That right there describes McNair this year not Boller. Stop with this ridiculous bashing of a player based on past experiences. This isn't 2003 and McNair is a shell of his former self. Those numbers for Boller are from the Jets game, a game in which he started and won. McNair isn't getting it done, you praise him and bash Boller. I give you stats to prove Boller is the better option, you bash him. Apparently you are resigned to losing this year as a Raven fan, sorry I'm not. Kyle Boller is the answer and you know it!

I never bash Boller and Praise McNair, I bash Boller and McNair but am willing to admit that McNair is the better chance at winning right now, Kyle Boller is trash and you know it. McNair will stand in the pocket with their young line, he will take a huge hit to wait till the last second to get the throw off. He is accurate in the short game which is most important to them since they are about ball control with their defense, most importantly he is a leader who has been through the big sitations and is cool under pressure. Yesterday huge 3rd down play for the game he calmly fired a bullet to Mason for a 15 yard gain and they won the game.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Wow, how long did that take?? good write up man, props for taking the time to put it all together, good summarys, and non biased opinions...+rep

Yeah I was bored at work. Took me a good 25-30 mins.

Freddy G
10-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Glad i am not a redskins fan, that's a damn book. I got to the bottom of the page and started to scroll down and IT NEVER ENDEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Great write up nonetheless.

Ronnie Brown should have a big game against the Browns next week. I think it may be closer than your prediction because the Browns seem to play to their competition. I say 24-20 Browns.

comahan
10-08-2007, 12:42 PM
The Ahman signing may have not been popular, but we are a MUCH MUCH better team when he is in he game. Im so sick of seeing Dayne and Gado go absolutely no where and kill drives. At least Ahman is good for 4+ a pop, even if hes not as explosive anymore.

About Lundy, I loved him too, but he was nothing more than a situational player, really.

And on Travis Johnson, come on Travis, shut the hell up. What a dumb thing to say, even if you are 'in the right' so to speak. I hope Trent is okay, and im glad Travis is okay.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 12:43 PM
I never bash Boller and Praise McNair, I bash Boller and McNair but am willing to admit that McNair is the better chance at winning right now, Kyle Boller is trash and you know it.

Trash? He's shown that he can produce in the Red Zone with the same offense that McNair can't and you call him trash? Wow I'm worried about you seriously. Each and every week McNair goes out there and doesn't put points on the board, constantly misses open receivers, over throws these receivers and makes poor decisions yet you still back him. Charlie Frye did these things and got traded, Marc Bulger was playing hurt and not producing and was benched, yet here you are calling for continued support of Steve McNair when every other team in the league would have benched him.

yodabear
10-08-2007, 12:51 PM
The Rams aren't that horrible. Okay, they are.

Xenos
10-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Chargers return to Dominance for now
In a matchup of two teams who have been huge disappointments this year, the Chargers ran away with it absolutely dominating the Broncos. Their run game just tore apart the Broncos, as Michael Turner showed that amazing burst and playmaking ability on his long TD run. LT is looking so much better and has the bounce in his step back, but still I am not seeing the same LT, who dominated the league last year and had me thinking all time greatest. Hopefully he can step it up as the season continues. Phillip Rivers played his best game of the year running an efficient offense. I still worry with him however because he isnít connecting with anyone other than Gates, and the once in a while LT and Vincent Jackson catches. Their defense however dominated the Broncos. I still think the Chargers have a good chance of making the playoffs because they still have the pieces to do so, Norv Turner however is still a terrible disease thatís hard to get away from.

It's the same LT physically. He's as dangerous as ever once he gets into space. The problem is that when he's in the game, the opposing teams are going to stack the line with 8 to 9 men. So the only way to get him the ball is through screens or passes. Look at what happened when Michael Turner was on the field, the 9 men fronts disappeared, and he was able to run effectively because of it. The other problem with this situation is that we're still not taking advantage of people stacking the line. There should be more slants and other passes to make the defense more honest and give LT more room to run.

And I agree that the other receivers need to step it up, especially Vincent Jackson. At the moment Gates is our number 1 receiver and every other receiver is #2 at best.

bearsfan_51
10-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Bears Biggest regret will be letting go of Thomas Jones, Thomas Jones biggest regret will be leaving the Bears
The Bears made the wrong decision by getting rid of Thomas Jones for Cedric Benson. Yes I understand cash considerations had to be made as well as the fact that Jones is a little bit older, but I think the #1 thing was pride. They are a team that is so proud of their draft success so to take Benson with the 4th pick in the draft they were almost handicapped or forced into keeping him instead of admitting they made the wrong pick and trying to move Benson, sometimes pride is greater than common sense. I just don’t like Benson at all from what he has done in the NFL. I love him as a prospect in college but as time grows I am just hating him more an more. Everything first starts with attitude, and he has a crappy one if you consider. He has a great cockiness like he’s already a star in the league without having done anything. From what I hear in the media he is also a horrible teammate. Very selfish and ranting about how he needs more carries, maybe he would get more carries if he could actually do something. Ball security is a huge issue as one of the most basic things as a running back is holding on to the ball, but he is clearly awful at that. When I watch him run it is just one of the most frustrating things I have seen in a long time. During his career he has shown flashes of great combination of speed and power but every game this year it just looks like he’s not even trying or doesn’t care. He is one of those players who I can see because of his attitude never turning the corner or utilizing the great skill he has. When he runs the ball he just looks weak and soft. He isn’t looking to break anything he just looks like Jamal Lewis in his last year on the Ravens. Once he see’s first contact he just wants to go down. It is painful to watch because I remember how well and hard he ran the ball at Texas. It doesn’t help that he will be under constant scrutiny since he is the back that they chose to keep, doesn’t help either than he has no QB. The best thing for him would be a fresh start which would benefit his career similar to Willis Mcgahee but I don’t see that happening any time soon. His yard per carry average is just horrendous. As for Thomas Jones he will also regret having been traded to the Jets and not a team like say the Ravens or Texans. With the Bears Jones was the perfect fit he ran hard and was always consistent. Despite everyone every week hoping he’d do bad so they could put in first rounder Benson, he made it hard on the fans by not doing bad enough to be replaced. With the Jets he basically has zero chance for success and none of it is his fault. He has a young line that is not good and after losing the veteran presence of Pete Kendal it will take even more time to adjust, more correlative to his lack of success is the quarterback issue. Chad Pennington just can’t get it done anymore. His poor armstrenth takes away any deep threat so defenses are able to stack the box against the run. They should put in Kellen Clemens but regardless Jones will have some good weeks like 2 weeks ago but he will find it hard to find yards.
Thomas Jones was traded because he demanded to be traded in 2006, he punched Cedric Benson in the face, and he had a year left on his contract.

Jerry Angelo promised Jones in 2006 that if he showed up and shut his mouth he would trade him in 2007. That's what he did. I'm so tired of talking about this with people that don't know the context at all.

If you want to argue that the Bears never should have drafted Benson in the first place that's fine, but as soon as he was drafted and Jones started acting like a major asshole (I don't like Benson's attitude either, but in comparison Jones' was MUCH worse) the deal was set.

By the way, when did the Ravens get a good offensive line or quarterback? How would Thomas Jones have benefited by going to Baltimore? How is McGahee in a better situation than Benson? Sorry but if you think the Ravens offense is anything better than below-average I question your ability to evaluate even your own team.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Thomas Jones was traded because he demanded to be traded in 2006, he punched Cedric Benson in the face, and he had a year left on his contract.

Jerry Angelo promised Jones in 2006 that if he showed up and shut his mouth he would trade him in 2007. That's what he did. I'm so tired of talking about this with people that don't know the context at all.

If you want to argue that the Bears never should have drafted Benson in the first place that's fine, but as soon as he was drafted and Jones started acting like a major asshole (I don't like Benson's attitude either, but in comparison Jones' was MUCH worse) the deal was set.

I don't like that they traded Jones because he was so valuable to that offense, but the conduct issues and the fact that Benson was such a high pick made it almost a no brainer to happen. But yeah I've always questioned the Benson pick, never was a fan of his even in college.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 01:04 PM

By the way, when did the Ravens get a good offensive line or quarterback? How would Thomas Jones have benefited by going to Baltimore? How is McGahee in a better situation than Benson? Sorry but if you think the Ravens offense is anything better than below-average I question your ability to evaluate even your own team.

But most important is how his teammates feel and his teammates liked Jones more even Benson said when he got punched that he felt alone and felt like friends on Jones on the defensive side were giving him cheap shots in practice all the team, he also was surprised that the management didn't fine Jones, so Jones may have been worse but in terms of team Chemistry Benson is much worse, and as for the Ravens their offense with their athletic lineman pulling and whatnot requires a down hill runner to hit the hole which Jones would have been perfect for, and Mcgahee is doing a worlds better than when he was in Buffalo. Ravens run game has no problem it is their passing game.

yodabear
10-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Another thought on aging teams. What about the Rams offense. This was once the greatest show on turf. Now its crap. Holt is getting up there. Bruce obviously is up there. Bennett was only a #1 WR cuz he was on the Titans. And McMichael is washed up. Pace can't stay on the field. Bulger is a fraud, he was playing out of his mind last year. And props to Jerry Jones for not giving Romo 65 million yet. All 31 teams now can learn from the Rams. Wait and see. Good day. And man do the Rams suck ****.

Ravens1991
10-08-2007, 01:56 PM
I never bash Boller and Praise McNair, I bash Boller and McNair but am willing to admit that McNair is the better chance at winning right now, Kyle Boller is trash and you know it. McNair will stand in the pocket with their young line, he will take a huge hit to wait till the last second to get the throw off. He is accurate in the short game which is most important to them since they are about ball control with their defense, most importantly he is a leader who has been through the big sitations and is cool under pressure. Yesterday huge 3rd down play for the game he calmly fired a bullet to Mason for a 15 yard gain and they won the game.

Glad to see somebody else thinks that, the problem is Billick is having McNair pass 40 times a game, he needs to be a game manager not the whole offense. Especially with McGahee Musa and Mike Anderson(if Anderson is alive).

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Glad to see somebody else thinks that, the problem is Billick is having McNair pass 40 times a game, he needs to be a game manager not the whole offense. Especially with McGahee Musa and Mike Anderson(if Anderson is alive).

Yeah McNair's leadership sure won that Indy playoff game for us. :rolleyes: The sig stats say it all......

bearsfan_51
10-08-2007, 02:01 PM
as for the Ravens their offense with their athletic lineman pulling and whatnot requires a down hill runner to hit the hole which Jones would have been perfect for, and Mcgahee is doing a worlds better than when he was in Buffalo. Ravens run game has no problem it is their passing game.
Umm....Thomas Jones isn't a downhill runner. He's a cutback runner that usually will dance in the backfield and wait for something to develop.

Ravens1991
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
He is a better leader then Boller.

the thing with McNair is that he is passing it a lot and we arent giving it to McGahee this season, no matter who the QB is he isnt getting enough red-zone runs.

Number 10
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Good lord format that beginning.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Umm....Thomas Jones isn't a downhill runner. He's a cutback runner that usually will dance in the backfield and wait for something to develop.

Wow that basically describes the RB the Ravens have now..........

Ravens1991
10-08-2007, 02:04 PM
McGahee is a beast for us way better then anything we had for the past couple of seasons.

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 02:07 PM
McGahee is a beast for us way better then anything we had for the past couple of seasons.

0 Rushing TD's in 5 games says otherwise. Playcalling or not, he's not busting any long runs.

Ravens1991
10-08-2007, 02:21 PM
you do realize that when we get inside the 10 it is...

1st down-pass incomplete
2nd down-run to McGahee gets us to the 2
3rd down-incomplete.

He had a 37 yard run and gets a couple of 8-12 yard runs each game, to say he doesnt get long runs is wrong.

Unless you mean 60+ yard runs.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 02:46 PM
0 Rushing TD's in 5 games says otherwise. Playcalling or not, he's not busting any long runs.

Who cares about "Long runs". What matters is he's getting yards at a tremendous 4.5 yards for carries. NFL rush leader Willie Parker only has a season long of 25 yards, and he is a gamebreaker. #2 Travis Henry's long is 33 yards. I hope you do know that Willis Mcgahee is currently 3rd in the NFL in rushing yards.

LonghornsLegend
10-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Someone should probably point out that as improved as Detroit is, its showing that taking another WR wasnt the most important position to take that early...They still cant block, or play defense, and had they took a player to cover either position they might not be so bad off...Calvin was the nice pick, but he's not going to make them considerably better like a lineman or a defensive player, they wont be good until they fill those needs

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-08-2007, 02:55 PM
I wish McGahee wouldn't dance nearly as much at the los. He has great tools but you never see him hit a hole hard and explode into the second level where he would have room to use his moves most effectively, now I would understand if he was a smaller back, but he's not and he does have the power and balance to hit people break through arm tackles at the line which is why I'm so dissappointed by the fact that he never attacks holes rather just slips through them.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 02:59 PM
I wish McGahee wouldn't dance nearly as much at the los. He has great tools but you never see him hit a hole hard and explode into the second level where he would have room to use his moves most effectively, now I would understand if he was a smaller back, but he's not and he does have the power and balance to hit people break through arm tackles at the line which is why I'm so dissappointed by the fact that he never attacks holes rather just slips through them.

Yeah that's what he is working on trying to hit the hole hard instead of always looking to stretch things out, it's a hard habit to break but he is making small baby steps towards it.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Someone should probably point out that as improved as Detroit is, its showing that taking another WR wasnt the most important position to take that early...They still cant block, or play defense, and had they took a player to cover either position they might not be so bad off...Calvin was the nice pick, but he's not going to make them considerably better like a lineman or a defensive player, they wont be good until they fill those needs

who should they have taken instead? Gaines wasn't worth the #2 over all pick, anderson was too raw for thesecons overall pick and i don't think any safety is worthtaking that high. As for the oline Backus would be a probowler at RT or LG and Scott has a lot potential and did pretty well late last year if I remember correctly. So i don't think Thomas would've made a great pick, since he's a LT through and through, now if the cards would've wanted to trade up for Thomas they could've trade back to the 5th pick and then either grabbed one of the top defenders or traded back again to nab Brown later in the top 10. But that didn't happen and at the number 2 pick calvin was a much better prospect than anyone else on board so the lions were smart to realize they need a lot work and just grabbed the bpa

bearsfan_51
10-08-2007, 03:10 PM
who should they have taken instead? Gaines wasn't worth the #2 over all pick, anderson was too raw for thesecons overall pick and i don't think any safety is worthtaking that high. As for the oline Backus would be a probowler at RT or LG and Scott has a lot potential and did pretty well late last year if I remember correctly. So i don't think Thomas would've made a great pick, since he's a LT through and through, now if the cards would've wanted to trade up for Thomas they could've trade back to the 5th pick and then either grabbed one of the top defenders or traded back again to nab Brown later in the top 10. But that didn't happen and at the number 2 pick calvin was a much better prospect than anyone else on board so the lions were smart to realize they need a lot work and just grabbed the bpa
Backus sucks. I personally think Thomas would have been a better pick, though it's hard to criticize now.

The Lions O-line is a mess, and it's an offense based on timing. No matter how much you move the ball if you're getting sacked once or twice on every drive it's not going to work out very well.

D-Unit
10-08-2007, 03:11 PM
I'd rather have an accurate kicker (FolK) than a strong legged kicker (Crosby). Plus, it's not like Folk isn't a strong kicker in his own right. He does kickoffs that consistently get in the end zone.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 03:14 PM
I'd rather have an accurate kicker (FolK) than a strong legged kicker (Crosby). Plus, it's not like Folk isn't a strong kicker in his own right. He does kickoffs that consistently get in the end zone.

Crosby only has 1 miss on the season and more made field goals, that and Folk was very inconsistent in college with accuracy, anything above 40 yards he was iffy.

D-Unit
10-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Crosby only has 1 miss on the season and more made field goals, that and Folk was very inconsistent in college with accuracy, anything above 40 yards he was iffy.
He was the most consistent and by far best Kicker at the combine.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 03:19 PM
He was the most consistent and by far best Kicker at the combine.

In a t-shirt and shorts indoors.

D-Unit
10-08-2007, 03:22 PM
What was Crosby wearing??? Medieval Armour??? From his accuracy it sure seemed like it.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah that's what he is working on trying to hit the hole hard instead of always looking to stretch things out, it's a hard habit to break but he is making small baby steps towards it.

I think his knee injury is still impacting him mentally as he just seems to hate going into a crowd. As long as he refuses to attack gaps and dance til he finds one he can slip through without contact teams will just be able to bring a safety up and play displined to shut him down. And with McNair back there teams shouldn't worry about the passing game, even though the ravens have plenty if weapons.

This offseason the ravens need to beat out the bears for McNabb if McGahee can't turn into the franchise runner he should be, because then they wouldn't be dependent on willis doing things that he simply doesn't do. For this season I'd say start Boller as he can make teams respect the threat of heap, clayton and dwill in the passing game, at least more than they do now, and give all of the short yardage/redzone carries to Musa Smith. That would not only make the ravens more efficient in the red zone, but also wear down defense so they're to tired to play displined against McGahee and maybe send willis the message that unless he runs with more authority his role will shrink.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 03:37 PM
I think his knee injury is still impacting him mentally as he just seems to hate going into a crowd. As long as he refuses to attack gaps and dance til he finds one he can slip through without contact teams will just be able to bring a safety up and play displined to shut him down. And with McNair back there teams shouldn't worry about the passing game, even though the ravens have plenty if weapons.

This offseason the ravens need to beat out the bears for McNabb if McGahee can't turn into the franchise runner he should be, because then they wouldn't be dependent on willis doing things that he simply doesn't do. For this season I'd say start Boller as he can make teams respect the threat of heap, clayton and dwill in the passing game, at least more than they do now, and give all of the short yardage/redzone carries to Musa Smith. That would not only make the ravens more efficient in the red zone, but also wear down defense so they're to tired to play displined against McGahee and maybe send willis the message that unless he runs with more authority his role will shrink.

But have you seen him this year, it sounds like you are talking about him in Buffalo. Mcgahee is averaging 4.5 yards a carry and is 3rd in the league in yards. He has been implemented well in the passing game also. Reason he has no rushing TD's is because they never get far in the endzone and when they do they pass every down.

Number 10
10-08-2007, 03:43 PM

You forgot to mention there must have been an entire group of 200 people watching.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Backus sucks. I personally think Thomas would have been a better pick, though it's hard to criticize now.

The Lions O-line is a mess, and it's an offense based on timing. No matter how much you move the ball if you're getting sacked once or twice on every drive it's not going to work out very well.

Backus sucks as a LT because he lacks the quickness to handle speed rushers in space. I'm saying move Backus to RT, where he'll face less speed rushers, or LG where he won't have to pass block in space, and play Scott at LT as he does have quickness and reach to pass block in space. I also think it's easy to be too harsh on detroits OTs because the interior of that line is just horrible and so the tackles don't get any support to the inside.

If they had taken Kalil in the second and moved backus that would've been the best move for their oline, short of trading back for Brown to play RT in the first.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Backus sucks as a LT because he lacks the quickness to handle speed rushers in space. I'm saying move Backus to RT, where he'll face less speed rushers, or LG where he won't have to pass block in space, and play Scott at LT as he does have quickness and reach to pass block in space. I also think it's easy to be too harsh on detroits OTs because the interior of that line is just horrible and so the tackles don't get any support to the inside.

If they had taken Kalil in the second and moved backus that would've been the best move for their oline, short of trading back for Brown to play RT in the first.

Funny thing though is he was abused yesterday by an undersized DE in Andre Carter and it wasn't just speed rush, he was overpowered. Carter threw him to the ground atleast 10 times.

duckseason
10-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Every time I hear Mason Crosby's name I always picture him being chased through the woods by Gary Busey and Charles S. Dutton on four wheelers.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-08-2007, 03:55 PM
But have you seen him this year, it sounds like you are talking about him in Buffalo. Mcgahee is averaging 4.5 yards a carry and is 3rd in the league in yards. He has been implemented well in the passing game also. Reason he has no rushing TD's is because they never get far in the endzone and when they do they pass every down.

I'll readily admit i haven't seen every game but i've seen two of their games and part of a third and willis just wasn't a dominant runner, he was effective but he should be, and has to be with McNair playing, a dominant runner. I don't think he'll slowdown that much stat wise but come playoff time i just don't see willis caring this team to wins by getting yards when they absolutely need them. If you remember he was leading the league in rushing early last year, or the year before, until the cold weather hit and teams got more displined against the run, which led to him taking some hits and getting banged up instead of giving hits.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 04:07 PM
I'll readily admit i haven't seen every game but i've seen two of their games and part of a third and willis just wasn't a dominant runner, he was effective but he should be, and has to be with McNair playing, a dominant runner. I don't think he'll slowdown that much stat wise but come playoff time i just don't see willis caring this team to wins by getting yards when they absolutely need them. If you remember he was leading the league in rushing early last year, or the year before, until the cold weather hit and teams got more displined against the run, which led to him taking some hits and getting banged up instead of giving hits.

He doesn't need to be "dominant" and carry his team. With Musa Smith getting around 10 carries a game all Mcgahee has to do is run 20 times a game and get 4 yards a pop, with the passing game just having to convert on short 3rd downs. That's Ravens football, defense wins the game, Offense manages it.

neko4
10-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Good Brett, bad Brett
Brett has started his second life. To open this season he has been money, one of the best QB’s in the league, he seemed to have cut out some of the awful decision making, but after last night you have to wonder if we will be seeing Good Brett, Bad Brett similar to last season. Yes we shouldn’t judge him on one game with just one bad mistake against an ok defense, but still you have to wonder if he can control himself. Brett finds himself in trouble when he feels he has to win the game all by himself and tries to do things you should never do such as throwing the ball back across the field. I think he can keep himself in check as long as the Packers are not behind in games, and as long as they have a good run game. For Brett’s sake hopefully Green Bay can continue success with their defense and run game, or we could be in store for some more of Brett Grossman, which I’m sure the rest of the league is hoping for.
I almost entirley blame the 2nd half play calling. we shouldve kept up the short passing game and only ran every now and then, instead we were running on first and second and then throwing these crappy little short passes on 3rd and 10.

Oh and i was at the skins game

Tubby
10-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Your hawks predictions are biased and uneducated.

GB12
10-08-2007, 06:51 PM
I almost entirley blame the 2nd half play calling. we shouldve kept up the short passing game and only ran every now and then, instead we were running on first and second and then throwing these crappy little short passes on 3rd and 10.

Oh and i was at the skins game

Even with that terrible second half Favre had a good game. The first interception was a bad decission trying to make something out of nothing, should never have made that throw. The second one you can't really put on the QB in that situation. Throw it in the endzone hope for your guy to come down with it. More times than not a defender gets it. That one doesn't bother me at all.

PoopSandwich
10-08-2007, 07:10 PM
"LOL moment of the week
Junior Seau in game celebration: One of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. Basically summary of what happened, ole Junior got a pick and celebrated by holding the ball up while still at midfield running it back with a couple guys behind him chasing. It would have been hilarious if he got it poked out but unfortunately that didnít happen. If it were a rook you would say bad sportsmanship and showing up the team but since itís Junior I think itís just good old fun. He deserves it and as long as he is still making plays I love it, although I hate the Patriots. For sure a funny moment this week, although that comment was great when Urlacher called Brett Favre an old Tony Romo."

Yeah that was pretty funny :)

Winslow was the one right behind him and he actually reached for the ball but Seau brought it down right as he went to try to knock it out.

D-Unit
10-08-2007, 11:04 PM
NICK FOLK BABY! DON'T FORGET THE NAME!!!!!!!!!!!

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Nick Folk > everyone

That is all.

soybean
10-08-2007, 11:51 PM
the thing you gotta like about leinart is... when he was sacked and broke his collarbone, he got up and immediately motioned for kurt warner to take his place so the team wouldn't be penalized or use a timeout.

that shows heart, and even though he complains in the papers about not being the fulltime starter it shows that he's at least trying to help the team win.

Caddy
10-09-2007, 02:19 AM
Titans @ Bucs
Prediction:Titans win 17-14
I really like what the Titans have done so far. Tampa Bay needs to find a running game, while Vince Young should trouble the defense all day.

I really don't think VY will trouble our defense too much in this game. Kiffin has had plenty of experience game-planning against a mobile QB so I see VY having a relatively quiet game.

If the Buc's can establish a run game, they should have no problem winning.

XxXdragonXxX
10-09-2007, 08:58 AM
*Matt Hasselbeck:He was flat out awful on Sunday as was the team as a whole, while granted he has been much better the previous 3 games, the entire season he has just not looked crisp with his accuracy like he has been in the past, I look for this seahawks team to be a 7 to 9 win team.

[

Ummm...the entire season?

Obviously you haven't been watching, since Matt was off the best start of his career before the Pitt game. He was on pace for around 4000 yards, 30 TDs and 12 INTs. And this with minimal help from the run game.

bigbluedefense
10-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Paragraphs brother, theyre your friend, not your enemy lol.

I think the DROY award is between these guys right now.

Patrick Willis
Amobi Okeye
Aaron Ross
Anthony Spencer
Laron Landry

Whats lost in all of Dallas's success is how much Spencer has already brought to the table. He's been great for them.

Aaron Ross has been a shutdown CB already. Granted, he covers the other team's #2 WR, he hasn't been beat all season so far, and has 2 INTs, one for a TD. Not to mention he's a great tackler and great at run support. He's been very impressive.

Willis is just a beast. I think having Mike Singletary is definately helping him too. He has Ray Lewis potential.

Okeye is benefitting from playing next to Williams, but he's still getting the job done. He's been very impressive thus far.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Nick Folk > everyone

That is all.

Kris Brown>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nick Folk.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
the thing you gotta like about leinart is... when he was sacked and broke his collarbone, he got up and immediately motioned for kurt warner to take his place so the team wouldn't be penalized or use a timeout.

that shows heart, and even though he complains in the papers about not being the fulltime starter it shows that he's at least trying to help the team win.

I guess that's a plus.

BigDawg819
10-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Kris Brown>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nick Folk.

A rookie kicker on MNF, bailing out his team on a game they should have won but he kicks a beautiful on side kick and the nails a 53 yard FG TWICE!

Nick Folk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kris Brown

scottyboy
10-09-2007, 06:11 PM
A rookie kicker on MNF, bailing out his team on a game they should have won but he kicks a beautiful on side kick and the nails a 53 yard FG TWICE!

Tynes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> no body

SeanTaylorRIP
10-09-2007, 06:16 PM

Due please do you even know what Kris Brown did, he had 5 field goals against the Dolphins. One of them was from 57 yards away, one was from 54 yards away, and the game winner with no time left was another 54 yarder. That's 3 54 yard+ field goals in one game, that's nasty.

BigDawg819
10-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Due please do you even know what Kris Brown did, he had 5 field goals against the Dolphins. One of them was from 57 yards away, one was from 54 yards away, and the game winner with no time left was another 54 yarder. That's 3 54 yard+ field goals in one game, that's nasty.

Yes but a rookie doing it on his MNF debut for a team that had no business winning the game is beyond SICK! Besides Kris Brown has always been money in Reliant Stadium, its not that shocking.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Next one will be posted tomorrow I'll try to make it easier on the eyes this week.