PDA

View Full Version : Jake Delhomme out for season.

M.O.T.H.
10-08-2007, 12:24 PM
http://www.charlotte.com/507/story/310524.html[/URL]

[URL]http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/10/08/ap4197468.html (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-10-08-2346109144_x.htm)

Basileus777
10-08-2007, 12:26 PM
The NFC South seems determined to outdo the AFC West. The battle for the worse division in football continues.

SchizophrenicBatman
10-08-2007, 12:28 PM
More details on Carr's injury here

http://community.heraldonline.com/blog/darin

bearsfan_51
10-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Nobody brings you up-to-date sports news like.....Forbes magainze?

Anyway...the Panthers and Bucs are getting hit by the injuries it would appear.

The Panthers should make inquiries about Rex Grossman (I'm serious). Jerry Angelo said he wasn't interested in trading him midseason but I doubt he'll be brought back so it could be worth a phone call. I'm sure it wouldn't take more than a 5th or 6th.

M.O.T.H.
10-08-2007, 12:33 PM

The Panthers should make inquiries about Rex Grossman (I'm serious). Jerry Angelo said he wasn't interested in trading him midseason but I doubt he'll be brought back so it could be worth a phone call. I'm sure it wouldn't take more than a 5th or 6th.

lol...it's the only link I could find. It was breaking news on ESPN news...I was just watcing Fox's presser on the situation.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 12:48 PM
How's Matt Moore coming along???

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-08-2007, 12:51 PM
How's Matt Moore coming along???

21.5 yards per attempt. BALLLINNN'!

BigDawg819
10-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Tim Couch start watching Panthers game tape. :D

d-dave
10-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Man that sucks for us... My only hope for the Panthers this year is that Carr can sniff Jake's jock and pick up some of Ja'e's mojo... Either that or maybe Carr should start eating a lot of Bojangles...

Bills2083
10-08-2007, 01:39 PM

Nobody has gotten more injuries than the Bills.

Nobody

SchizophrenicBatman
10-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Panthers actually havent been hit by injuries too bad this year (in comparison to 2006 and 2004 when they had 2nd most players on IR both years). Morgan is out, but that was pretty much a given entering the year. Other than that I can't think of anything serious to anything besides periphery players. The problem is Basanez (3rd string QB) and Delhomme are both on IR now. And Carr sucks and is nursing a bad back

yourfavestoner
10-08-2007, 01:50 PM
David Carr reminds me of cocaine and doo doo stains.

ShutDwn
10-08-2007, 01:58 PM

We'll give a hot dog for Grossman, without the bun.

I'd honestly rather test out Moore then watch Carr start another game. I was sad when Carr came back in.

This isn't good either in the campaign to get a new coach, another excuse for John Fox. I don't see why it should be an excuse though, Fox a defensive guy hasn't had a good defense all year.

diabsoule
10-08-2007, 02:21 PM
I thought it was only a matter of time before he went out for the season.

Bobby Hebert was talking on WWL that he thinks Delhomme's injury might be career ending since it's the same career ending injury he sustained back in his playing days.

Addict
10-08-2007, 02:53 PM
I thought it was only a matter of time before he went out for the season.

Bobby Hebert was talking on WWL that he thinks Delhomme's injury might be career ending since it's the same career ending injury he sustained back in his playing days.

that sucks... for both Delhomme and the Panthers.

JPF
10-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Tommy John surgery is not what I wanted to hear.

D-Unit
10-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Carolina could be a destination for Colt Brennan.

BlindSite
10-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Not much out there for us to even trade for, no one I'd consider on the market who's got much upside.

Maybe Charlie Frye would be the go? He's in Crennel's dog house, but used to play under Davidson...

M.O.T.H.
10-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Not much out there for us to even trade for, no one I'd consider on the market who's got much upside.

Maybe Charlie Frye would be the go? He's in Crennel's dog house, but used to play under Davidson...

Frye was traded to Seattle.

BlindSite
10-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Carolina could be a destination for Colt Brennan.

I doubt we draft a top 3 rounds QB, Fox seems to hate doing that, I'd love it personally as I like building a QB up from scratch, I think we'd be more likely to give culpepper a huge push when he's an FA next year and spend our first on a high offensive tackle using the money we would use on wharton or gross (I'm assuming we don't let both go) on Cpep.

BlindSite
10-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Frye was traded to Seattle.

Doh, Its 6am here, just woke up, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :p

Geo
10-08-2007, 03:30 PM
David Carr reminds me of cocaine and doo doo stains.
What the heck, stoney. :D

NIN1984
10-08-2007, 04:00 PM
That's disappointing, I can't see David Carr brining the Panthers to the playoffs. And about Culpepper to the Panthers that could actually happen. If pep does win some games for the Raiders you would have to believe a bunch of teams will be after Culpepper in the off-season.

ShutDwn
10-08-2007, 04:21 PM
I doubt we draft a top 3 rounds QB, Fox seems to hate doing that,

Yeah, and look where it has gotten us: Chris Wienke and David freaking Carr.

I would like to take a minute to say "I freaking told you so Fox". Getting a guy to develop and be ready is soooo much better than trying to get another Jake. Rarely do you find QBs worth starting in free agency.

Either you draft high, draft and get lucky, or develop. Fox decided to do none.

How 'bout Jim Sorgi. Peyton has to have rubbed off a little? But of course the Colts would never trade him because he is a guy that knows their system. Unlike the Panthers who have a true diva at QB too scared to throw the ball.

David Carr is the complete opposite of Jake. No leadership and is the complete opposite of a gun slinger.

bearsfan_51
10-08-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm tellin ya..Rex Grossman. You can knock him if you want but he could play that offense and he can get Steve Smith the ball deep.

He could also completely suck, but I think that's worth the 5th-6th rounder to see other than sticking through with David Carr or some undrafted free agent rookie who's never started an NFL game in his life.

Personally I don't care, I'd prefer not help the Panthers out since we may be competing for a wildcard with them, but it's a move that makes some sense.

Moses
10-08-2007, 04:44 PM
I can't believe I just read a sports story on Forbes.com. :D

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Nobody has gotten more injuries than the Bills.

Nobody

for now. Once we go on winning streak we'll be ready too loss 4-5 of our best players as we do every season. My money's on ross. The giants aren't allowed to have a db be good and healthy. Then osi, strahan, seubert or diehl, jacobs again and one of better pass catchers

yourfavestoner
10-08-2007, 06:41 PM
What the heck, stoney. :D

He's really just that bad. Ya dig? ;)

B-Dawk
10-08-2007, 06:42 PM
culpepper signed for 2 years i thought

NIN1984
10-08-2007, 06:45 PM
culpepper signed for 2 years i thought

no just 1 year

B-Dawk
10-08-2007, 07:05 PM
no just 1 year

ah i was thinking of leftwich

diabsoule
10-08-2007, 07:43 PM
There's the possibility of Matt Cassell. But that's about the only QB I can think of that they could trade for this year.

#1chiefs_fan
10-09-2007, 03:32 AM
All the panther fans are about to feel how it was to be a Texans fan with david carr at the helm. All of sudden your o-line will be in question and your other talented players on offense will all of sudden look average. Good luck.

d-dave
10-09-2007, 07:55 AM
I think the Panthers will probably sign a street vet and go with Carr at the No. 1. Not the best scenario, but we need to hold on to our draft picks. I think the possibility of getting QBs as UDFAs is just as good a gamble as picking them No. 1 over all. Hell, if we lose 8 games before week 14, throw moore in there for two games to see what he's made of. Or even in the 4th quarter. If we're out of it, play with Moore. Lets evaluate what we have.

Caddy
10-09-2007, 08:22 AM
It's ours, all ours! Muahaha

keylime_5
10-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Tampa has clinched that division, geez. Carolina needs Brohm, Woodson, or Ryan next April to replace Delhomme in 2 years.

BlindSite
10-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah, but here's the thing Delhomme's what 32 now, by the time next year rolls around and he can start throwing he'll be 33.

The elbow injury takes apparently 9 months (at best) to heal. That mean's he won't be able to throw until next July. That will give him realistically a month to get back into his chemistry with receivers and throwing again, that's not really practical so he won't be back to form probably for 12 months.

If that's the case he won't be able to go till week 6. Factor in age in the healing process and that 9-12 months is an at best assessment and he might not be able to take the field until the mid point of next season, which will without doubt make the season pointless with him at the helm since the damage will be done.

Besides which his next 100% season in mind and body (providing he has a dream recovery) he'd be 34. Not exactly a future QB.

If he took a paycut and we drafted a QB we could get another 2 great years out of Delhomme and groom a very talented first round player to take over.

IMO If I'm fox, I'd try to take a QB in the first, safety in the second and hope Delhomme cuts his pay to keep us 2 tackles who'll be free agents.

Just stupid musings but imo I've got a point.