PDA

View Full Version : Guards...

Smokey Joe
10-08-2007, 02:25 PM
what is the analysis of guards in this draft? and do you think any top junior guards (duke robinson?) might come out?

SuperKevin
10-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I think this is a strong draft for guards. You might not have any 1st rounders(but really who drafts OGs in the first anyway) but you have a lot of quality starters. Shannon Tevaga, Jordan Grimes, Andrew Crummey, and Eric Young are some of my favorites

Sniper
10-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Adam Kraus from Michigan is pretty good too. He looks like a world-beater at times, mainly a byproduct of playing next to Jake Long, but he's still a solid guard.

Jonny
10-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Jeremy Zuttah is probably going to have to slide inside unless he's drafted by a zone-blocking scheme. I see him as sort of like Chris Snee - a smaller, more-athletic type who does great in pulling down the field. He might actually project best to center even though he's never played it in college.

Mike Fladell is RU's starting LG but I don't really see him as nearly as good of a prospect. He's really big, but not particularly athletic. More of a late-round/FA type.

Smokey Joe
10-08-2007, 06:30 PM
what do you guys think of Kerry Brown?

moc182
10-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Top two guys in my opinion are both juniors; Duke Robinson and Jeremy Perry, they both have borderline first round talent in my opinion.

P-L
10-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Duke Robinson is the best guard in the country, although I doubt he comes out after this season.