PDA

View Full Version : 3-4 round OT's

foozball
10-08-2007, 03:55 PM
This class is stacked with OT's, which may cause some to fall a round. which OT's go in that 3-4 round area?

SuperKevin
10-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Heath Benedict from D2 Newberry is probably one of the best LT prospects in the draft

PACKmanN
10-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Barry Richardson
King Dunlap
Kirk Barton

P-L
10-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Heath Benedict from D2 Newberry is probably one of the best LT prospects in the draft

He's also probably a 2nd Round pick as of now.

Some guys in the 3-4 Round range would be:

LT Chris Williams, Vanderbilt
RT Kirk Barton, Ohio State
RT Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh
LT King Dunlap, Auburn

foozball
10-08-2007, 04:06 PM
i'm very curious about Chris Williams. anyone have a scouting report on him?

and where does Duane Brown fall? he reminds me of Brandon Frye, also from VTech, as both are raw and athletic

Smokey Joe
10-08-2007, 05:24 PM
I think Jeff Otah could sneak up into round 2...

OhioState
10-08-2007, 05:24 PM
definitely Kirk Barton. he doesn't get much attention but he is the leader of a pretty good line for OSU this season

SuperKevin
10-08-2007, 05:25 PM

and where does Duane Brown fall? he reminds me of Brandon Frye, also from VTech, as both are raw and athletic

Chris Williams is EXTREMELY underrated. He's probably the best LT in the SEC which says a lot.

BroadwayJoe10
10-08-2007, 06:15 PM
I see a lot of these guys projecting as LT's, but who as of now will project as the best RT's in this years draft? And will they be taken in the 2, 3 or 4th rounds?

KaneMarko
10-09-2007, 09:23 AM
I think Jeff Otah could sneak up into round 2...

I think he has a good shot at moving up. Ive watched several Pitt games this year. And hes looked pretty good. He held his own against Chris Long a couple weeks ago. The thing that may hurt him some is that he probably wont run well at the combine. And hes still a little raw as he only has 2 years of D1 experience. But I think hes an ascending prospect.

Green Bay Scat
10-09-2007, 02:17 PM

im a huge chris williams homer, the coachs say that even though hes gained 80lbs from his HS days, hes still has those great feet, which make me feel he can play LT in the NFL. I think with a good senior bowl and combine, hes gonna be a late first rounder/early second rounder. I know people call me crazy but i think hes gonna shock everyone, but he has to do good in both things

Don Vito
10-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Chris Williams will probably be gone in those mid-rounds. Pedro Sosa and Jeremy Zuttah from Rutgers along with Kirk Barton from OSU and Dewayne Brown from VaTech all look to be solid prospects.

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 03:58 PM
im a huge chris williams homer, the coachs say that even though hes gained 80lbs from his HS days, hes still has those great feet, which make me feel he can play LT in the NFL. I think with a good senior bowl and combine, hes gonna be a late first rounder/early second rounder. I know people call me crazy but i think hes gonna shock everyone, but he has to do good in both things

I've said it before, but if Brandon Flowers and Erin Henderson aren't there in the first.

My first pick would be Chris Williams. He's going to be a damn good LT. Basically like McNeil. Underrated and someone pounces and gets a steal.

CARDIAC CAT 7
10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Jeff Otah is this years version of Tony Ugoh

Green Bay Scat
10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
I've said it before, but if Brandon Flowers and Erin Henderson aren't there in the first.

My first pick would be Chris Williams. He's going to be a damn good LT. Basically like McNeil. Underrated and someone pounces and gets a steal.

your like my Chris Williams butt buddy lol

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 04:16 PM

I disagree. Ugoh isn't really anything like Otah.

Ugoh's knocks were:

Lacks Aggression, gets too tall/narrow, Lazy with Technique, Small.

Ugoh weighed in at 301lbs.

Otah will be 335-350lbs.

Otah has fiery agression, rarely gets lazy technique, and bends at the knees and fires.

In fact, other than they play LT, they really aren't all that similar.

Smokey Joe
10-09-2007, 07:57 PM

I think Scott made this comparision earlier, but this year's version of Tony Ugoh is probably Tony Hills.

etk
10-09-2007, 10:05 PM
King Dunlap, Shannon Boatman, Geoff Schwartz & Bobby Byrd all have the size that seems to be common among mid-round projects. 6'7+.

thebow305
10-10-2007, 01:51 PM
What about Alex Boone... if he comes out, will he go higher than this you guys think??

Geo
10-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I think Scott made this comparision earlier, but this year's version of Tony Ugoh is probably Tony Hills.
I've only seen Hills once this year unfortunately, in the recent game against Oklahoma.

Admittedly, I come away thinking Hills isn't as good a run-blocker as Ugoh was at Arkansas, maybe equal in pass protection minus Hills' few mental errors. But I do like Hills though, I like him a quite a bit and think there's a great deal of potential there. The comparison to Ugoh seems to be an apt one as both are of similar size, frame, and reportedly athleticism/feet.

It's too bad Texas doesn't play a better schedule, I'd like to see what Hills could do against better talent.