PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Redskins Discussion

neko4
10-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Its time to move on I think
ANyway how do we matchup? Whats your oppinion? Whats your prediction?

drowe
10-10-2007, 12:34 PM
this will be a tough one. it's not gonna be as easy to pass on the Redskins as it was against the Vikings and Bears.

also, a guy like Chris Cooley is exactly the kind of player the Packer's Defense has trouble with.

anybody know what santana moss' status for the game is?

Nitschke-Hawk
10-10-2007, 12:48 PM
We need to win this week against the Redskins. They definitely look for real this year. I feel like they're one of only a few teams that can contain our passing game right now regarding completions and yardage (cause every team can force fumbles or interceptions). I think we will need to run the ball well in this game to put up a lot of points. I think our corners match up well. Physical should beat the undersized but speedy receivers, Randel El, and Santana Moss. Key Matchup is Chris Cooley vs. whoever is covering him. The Redskins will see what the Bears Tight End's just did and they'll see what Antonio Gates did. I'm sure he will be the main target for the Skins if he's open, because frankly we should win the receiver/cornerback match up. We need to go into the bye week 5-1 with a firm grasp on first place and get some guys healthy for the stretch run during the off time.

princefielder28
10-10-2007, 04:28 PM
If Al Harris doesn't stop Randle El or Moss, if he plays, then we are going to have troubles b/c Al has gotten beat at times this year

mittelstaedt2007
10-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Pretty sure Moss is playing, but i dunno about Randle El.

Moses
10-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Redskins are a good team and I think the Packers are going to have a lot of mismatches go against them. They need to force Campbell into some mistakes if they want to win this game.

neko4
10-11-2007, 09:25 PM
If Al Harris doesn't stop Randle El or Moss, if he plays, then we are going to have troubles b/c Al has gotten beat at times this year
Most of those times it was against bigger WR's like Vincent jackson.
Plus our CB's played great last week so lets hope they have some momentum coming into this one. If Moss and Randle El dont play we have a good chance. We can atleast contain portis and betts and Cooley would be the biggest problem.
On offense, lets hope we can run the ball like we did in the first half against Chicago and keep it balanced.

Quick Matchup

QB-GB
RB-WAS
WR-GB
TE-WAS
OL-Tie

DL-GB
LB-Tie
DB-Tie

Moses
10-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Packers are a 3.5 point favourite in Vegas.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Even when Al gave up catches to Vincent Jackson the only reason he got them was cause he's freakin 6'5" 240. The one time he actually played like Tarzan instead of looking like him. Al had blanket coverage on him. I think Al's played great. I think both corners have been even more physical this year, maybe that's why they're getting penalties, or maybe the refs are just nitpicking on the judgment call.

GB12
10-12-2007, 10:01 PM
I take full responsibility for the loss last week. It was the only time I didn't sticky the gameday thread. We're undefeated with it so let's hope that continues. Go Pack!

PS: I'm not really superstitious like that, but hey it can't hurt.

wiscbadgerfootball
10-12-2007, 10:05 PM
I secretly hope we win about 10-3 because the redskins are my fantasy D

drowe
10-14-2007, 08:50 AM
just found out i'm going to the game today.

TitleTown088
10-14-2007, 10:55 AM
just found out i'm going to the game today.
I like how you can say that so casually.Bastard. How I long for the day I can live in Wisconsin.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Can't see the game once again, D Lee 60 yards!, on my fantasy team too! Hawk forced a fumble b4 that but it was recovered.

neko4
10-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Can't see the game once again, D Lee 60 yards!, on my fantasy team too! Hawk forced a fumble b4 that but it was recovered.
Where do you live?

Nitschke-Hawk
10-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Where do you live?

Illinois. I get the Bears when they play at the same time.

neko4
10-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Illinois. I get the Bears when they play at the same time.
damn you live so close, that sucks

Twiddler
10-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Even when Al gave up catches to Vincent Jackson the only reason he got them was cause he's freakin 6'5" 240. The one time he actually played like Tarzan instead of looking like him. Al had blanket coverage on him. I think Al's played great. I think both corners have been even more physical this year, maybe that's why they're getting penalties, or maybe the refs are just nitpicking on the judgment call.

If I remember that play, that was just a great throw and an even better catch. Nothing a CB can do about something like that. And our CB's have been playing quite well. Nothing to worry about, at least with the first two.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-14-2007, 01:13 PM
The only thing I'm worried about ith our starting CB's is the illeal contact. I think opponents are working the refs or something cause we didn't get this many ticky tack illegal contact calls. Looks like it already happened a few times today. Wood got an INT though.

GB12
10-14-2007, 01:32 PM
We need to learn how to cover a ******* TE.

bearsfan_51
10-14-2007, 01:41 PM
How I long for the day I can live in Wisconsin.
Don't hear that everyday.

Chris Cooley having a big day against the Packers. Did anyone not see that coming?

Twiddler
10-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Don't hear that everyday.

Chris Cooley having a big day against the Packers. Did anyone not see that coming?

Considering how we play against TE's, probably not.

Boston
10-14-2007, 02:18 PM
That's exactly what we need from this defense!

gbpackers0065
10-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Can someone update me right now?

Boston
10-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Can someone update me right now?

Charles Woodson fifty something yard fumble return for a TD, after a fifty something yard kick return.

jackalope
10-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Not sure how Franks didn't get that TD.

Favre keeps under throwing receivers today.

neko4
10-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Not sure how Franks didn't get that TD.

Favre keeps under throwing receivers today.
holding onto the ball too long

Vince Lombardi
10-14-2007, 03:30 PM
woohooo!!!!!!! another close nerve racking victory!

Twiddler
10-14-2007, 03:48 PM
woohooo!!!!!!! another close nerve racking victory!

Haha, yeah pretty much. To me it kind of seemed like our game agaist Philly with just a decently more impressive offensive performance. Still we have things to work on.

princefielder28
10-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Defense played really well but the offense looked mediocre at best and with the lack of a running game against a secondary with playmakers like that, we are quite fortunate to win today.

JF4
10-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Good win by the Packers. 5-1 and Chicago lost!

The defense was nothing short of amazing today, time after time they were put in bad field position and managed to force punts and create turnovers. Lack of turnovers was one of the things that the defense was missing so far this year but they really came through today. Probably the only negative thing you can say about the defense is again the lack of coverage on a good TE. Everybody knew the Chris Cooley was going to get the ball this week but still the Packers couldn't find a way to stop him. They had Woodson on him when he scored the TD and it seemed Woodson wasn't even trying to run with him. We are also a little lucky that the Washington WR's dropped a few balls in some key situations.

One player that I would really like to point out as going way beyond of what has been expected of him this year is John Jolly. Whether it be batting down balls, making tackles for loss on the RB, or putting pressure up the middle on passing downs he has become a very good and well rounded DT for the Pack.

The Packers offense is starting to worry me. With a complete lack of a running game we are going to need to be able to create big plays via the pass but it's just not happening (I know Donald Lee caught one but still). I would like to have seen the Packers try to establish the run earlier on in the game like they did against the Bears last week. To me it looked like Brett Favre underthrew a few passes that couldve went for big plays and he was also really underestimating the talent of the Redskins secondary. Sean Taylor should have had 3 or 4 picks that game and not 2. Washington is a very good defense though and alot of credit to the Packers offense being off should be given to Washington. They had good schemes that stopped the things the Packers are best at.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-14-2007, 05:20 PM
HUUUUGE win.

cordscords
10-14-2007, 06:34 PM
I was hoping Justin Harrell would have looked good with increased playing time.