zCaddyz
10-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Who's the better prospect

Woody56
10-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Alan Branch

no love
10-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Which guy has the more consistent motor? Bc that was the big knock on Branch, otherwise it seemed that he was considered by most to be a great prospect. Obviously, it was a huge knock for a guy with so much potential to have dropped so far.

Geo
10-08-2007, 07:19 PM
For me, absolutely Branch. He was more of a factor on the field than Okam is.

EvilMonkey
10-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Branch even with the questions on his motor. Okam's motor isnt exactly running full-bore all the time either.

Michigan
10-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Branch. Unbelievable athlete at his size.

Sniper
10-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Branch. Just a monster. Great athlete too. I mean, the guy was his team's return man in HS and had 6 career TD. Branch may not have pretty stats, but he does what I would want my DTs to do, and that's free space for the other guys (i.e LBs) to make plays. Watch Michigan games from last year. Double and triple teams everywhere. Better yet, ask Anthony Morelli this question ;)

P-L
10-08-2007, 08:24 PM
People have said that Frank Okam has more potential at OT than he does at DT. I don't know if that's extreme, but toonster didn't seem to think the idea was too crazy. I respect his opinion a lot.

People questioned Branch's motor, but now people are even doing more-so with Okam now. Branch was a dominate force his junior year and while Okam was great as well, he is really struggling this year it seems.

nobodyinparticular
10-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Branch and it's absolutely no contest. Branch has far better tools and ability and Okam just doesn't have a great motor himself.

toonsterwu
10-09-2007, 12:55 AM
actually, wait ... i didn't mean to say he had more potential at OT than DT ... what I meant to say was that Okam at OT is more intriguing than him at DT ... am i walking a fine line here? Sure ... but that's me ... i just don't think that highly of him as a DT BUT ... if someone tried him at OT (or OG) he could completely fail, and hence why I don't want to use the word potential here ...

as for Branch/Okam ... I didn't like Branch .. but I think Branch gets the nod here ...

foozball
10-09-2007, 01:13 AM
you also have to realize that okam had robison and crowder at the ends. now he's a one man show that teams can focus on.

keylime_5
10-09-2007, 10:05 AM
People have been underselling Okam. From what I've seen of Texas this year Okam looks like he should be picked somewhere between late round 1 and early round 3 no question. I like Okam, Branch is better though.

fenikz
10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Branch was a top 10 talent who slipped because of fake reports of fractured shins and his inconsistent motor, Okam is a late first - mid second guy, so it's not close IMO