PDA

View Full Version : Limas Sweed out for the year

no love
10-08-2007, 07:05 PM
What a shame. Hopefully he has some good workouts because he has been inconsistent this year due to his injuries.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3054942

Smokey Joe
10-08-2007, 07:53 PM
perhaps he gets a medical red shirt?

PoopSandwich
10-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Maybe he can fall to where the Browns pick in round 2....

We need a #2 WR or a DL in the draft.

Vikes99ej
10-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Bye bye draft stock

derza222
10-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Hello possible steal. Some team could get very lucky in April if it heals properly...

naruto613
10-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Medical Redshirt Please!

Brent
10-09-2007, 12:36 AM
c'mon Niners, that is screaming STEAL

no love
10-09-2007, 12:51 AM
That would be quite a steal. But somehow I don't think he is going to fall that far...this just means he hast that much longer to get his 40 time down. If I were him, I would spend from now until draft day working on my combine stuff.

The niners sure do need some playmakers on the outside though, right now it looks like we have a bunch of 3rd wr running around out there. Hopefully Jason Hill breaks out by the end of this year.

toonsterwu
10-09-2007, 12:52 AM
I think this is a bit late in the year for a medical redshirt, based on my little understanding of how those rules apply. Tis a shame for Limas, but it's not the end of the world. The big thing for Limas has always been workouts ... teams will take a chance on him if he has good workouts. Even if he had put up huge numbers this year, the big thing was always going to be those workouts, and in particular, that 40. He has time to heal and recuperate, so I don't think it irreparably damages his stock ...although it certainly doesn't help. I think I'd put him in that midround mix for now, waiting to see those workouts, whereas before I probably would've said 2nd/3rd round. What does he need to run? Probably a 4.5-4.55.

EvilMonkey
10-09-2007, 02:04 AM
i dont think that the surgery and being out for the year is gonna hurt his draft stock. The Injury itself is gonna hurt his draft stock but i dont think he's gonna be worse of than playing at less than 100% for the rest of the year and not looking as good as he's been in the past, and then having surgery in January and possibly not being 100% for the combine/workouts. The injury is gonna really hurt him but i think dealing with it now so he is in good form for the workouts and if he does well, i think he could still be a fringe first rounder. Justin Harrell missed most of last year with injury but was still able to be mid-first round (i dont like him being picked where he was but i understand the thought behind it). Sweed has done well enough in the past and if he proves the injury is completely healed for the combine and workouts, i dont think his draft stock will be hurt as much as people think. If he's wasn't injured he could be overanalyzed as potentially the top senior WR and fall a bit anyway, so it could work out fine this way.

diabsoule
10-09-2007, 03:14 AM
Unless he has an incredible combine, this is really going to hurt his stock.

NYGibril28
10-09-2007, 07:26 AM
It's a wrist injury. I think he'll still be able to put up great stats at the combine, but maybe not participate in the actual drills. Could still help his stock with a solid 40 and vertical.

lod01
10-09-2007, 12:46 PM
He doesn't impress me in the least. I'll take Malcolm Kelly over him every day of every week. He's a product of past glory. Think Jarrett and Meachem. Bustorama. Exactly what has this guy ever done anyway? Who cares if you played for a national championship team. That just hides your ineptitude. Look at this years drafted WR's in the 1st that have done zero: Ginn, Meachem, Davis. Wastes of 1st round picks. Then in the 3rd-4th you have Jacoby Jones, James Jones, Laurent Robinson. Sidney Rice who SHOULD HAVE BEEN a 1st rounder, looking good with a bevy of hack QB's.

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 01:37 PM
I'll admit I like Adarius Bowman and Malcolm Kelly way better.

ShadowPanther
10-09-2007, 07:18 PM
He doesn't impress me in the least. I'll take Malcolm Kelly over him every day of every week. He's a product of past glory. Think Jarrett and Meachem. Bustorama. Exactly what has this guy ever done anyway? Who cares if you played for a national championship team. That just hides your ineptitude. Look at this years drafted WR's in the 1st that have done zero: Ginn, Meachem, Davis. Wastes of 1st round picks. Then in the 3rd-4th you have Jacoby Jones, James Jones, Laurent Robinson. Sidney Rice who SHOULD HAVE BEEN a 1st rounder, looking good with a bevy of hack QB's.

Sidney Rice was a second rounder.

ncst8fan83
10-09-2007, 10:23 PM
^hence the "should have been" part, genius.

robert_in_bigd
10-09-2007, 10:44 PM
^hence the "should have been" part, genius.

Sidney Rice is faster Cris Carter.

He will just catch TDs

LonghornsLegend
10-09-2007, 10:46 PM
He doesn't impress me in the least. I'll take Malcolm Kelly over him every day of every week.

ummm, i think everyone would do that, who said otherwise??

and no one is saying he will go in the first, I think he shows just as much as potential as Rice did, and he wont be as much of a project...I see late 2nd as a great time for a team to take a flier on him...

Exactly what has this guy ever done anyway? Who cares if you played for a national championship team.

if you have to ask that im pretty sure you never saw him play a game last year, playing for the nat championship has nothing to do anything, so that was very irrelevant for bringing that up...since when has a wr's draft stock had anything to do with him playing on a national championship team?

think poor mans roy williams when he's at his best, he's physical, should put up a great vertical jump and knows how to go get the ball, catches everything thrown to him, and is faster then what Jarrett is....

sucks he has to miss this year, that was the one thing colt knew how to do was throw the deep ball to him, but i still think if a team lets him slip to the third they have a diamond in the rough, if he was there that long alot of teams would be interested around mid 2nd to late

lod01
10-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Sidney Rice was a second rounder.

Yeah, no kidding. Who said he wasn't? I said he SHOULD HAVE BEEN a 1st rounder over hacks like Ginn, Meachem and Davis. There is a period after Laurent Robinson. Not a comma.