PDA

View Full Version : Myron Rolle

DukeDaGod
10-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Can anyone tell me how he's doing this year? I haven't been able to watch any of his games, and I'm very interesting in how he's doing considering how highly touted he was coming out of high school.

BuddyCHRIST
10-08-2007, 09:54 PM
he's playing well, he's a sure tackler and is really the leader of a vet secondary as only a sophmore. He doesn't make alot of big plays in the passing game, but he does play the rover position (comparable to the SS) so he spends more time stopping the run. Doesn't make any mistakes.

DukeDaGod
10-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Has he gotten anytime on offense, because I remember that he was listed as an Athlete when he was being recruited out of high school.

LonghornsLegend
10-10-2007, 08:56 PM
pretty sure he was the top prospect period coming out of HS, heard his name all over the place, but i thought they were going to be playing him more at the LOS then floating deep in the secondary but im not sure

volman88
10-10-2007, 10:05 PM
I saw something on gameday or something that talked about him being an excellent student as well.

Sniper
10-11-2007, 07:27 AM
I saw something on gameday or something that talked about him being an excellent student as well.

4.0 student who spurned better academic schools......to be a doctor. Not sure how that makes any sense

sodar21
10-11-2007, 07:52 AM
I think he had a 2100 out of 2400 on his SATs and all that. Was expected to go to a better academic school (Notre Dame, Michigan), ended up choosing FSU of all places.

RyanLeaf#1
10-11-2007, 08:51 AM
There is a great article on this kid today in the Philadelphia Daily News. Funny that his teamates call him the President or the Governor.

Sniper
10-11-2007, 08:52 AM
I think he had a 2100 out of 2400 on his SATs and all that. Was expected to go to a better academic school (Notre Dame, Michigan), ended up choosing FSU of all places.

Pretty much your ideal recruit. Blessed with great size, speed, instincts, work ethic, extremely intelligent, and made it clear he wanted a school with great academics. Man I was pissed when Michigan didn't get him.

Scott Wright
10-11-2007, 09:03 AM
I will always think a little less of Rolle for his comments after committing to Florida St.

As someone mentioned he's super smart, wants to be a doctor and all that. Well after he commited to FSU he said he did it for the academics. Now I don't blame him one bit for choosing the Noles because they give him a great shot at getting to the NFL but don't blow smoke up our butts and say the main reason you chose them is for the academics. FSU is a fine school but this kid could get in anywhere and if he really based the decision on academics then he'd have gone to Stanford or Northwestern or somewhere like that.

With that said he's probably a future 1st rounder.

Sniper
10-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I will always think a little less of Rolle for his comments after committing to Florida St.

As someone mentioned he's super smart, wants to be a doctor and all that. Well after he commited to FSU he said he did it for the academics. Now I don't blame him one bit for choosing the Noles because they give him a great shot at getting to the NFL but don't blow smoke up our butts and say the main reason you chose them is for the academics. FSU is a fine school but this kid could get in anywhere and if he really based the decision on academics then he'd have gone to Stanford or Northwestern or somewhere like that.

With that said he's probably a future 1st rounder.

That's why FSU seemed so out of the blue. ESPN had a piece on him in their magazine during his senior year and I remember just being blown away by how level-headed this kid was, and then FSU???? Are you kidding me? Scott, do you think he projects as a S or LB at the next level? At 6'2, 215, I think he could play either. Thoughts?

Oh wow just saw this snippet on FSU's player page for him...

"one of the most academically advanced players in college football history, Rolle has already earned nearly enough credits to be a senior entering his second season"

RyanLeaf#1
10-11-2007, 09:37 AM
That's why FSU seemed so out of the blue. ESPN had a piece on him in their magazine during his senior year and I remember just being blown away by how level-headed this kid was, and then FSU???? Are you kidding me? Scott, do you think he projects as a S or LB at the next level? At 6'2, 215, I think he could play either. Thoughts?

Oh wow just saw this snippet on FSU's player page for him...

"one of the most academically advanced players in college football history, Rolle has already earned nearly enough credits to be a senior entering his second season"

It said today in the Daily News that he is on track to graduate in August that is 2 years early.... WOW thats sick.

Sniper
10-11-2007, 09:47 AM
It said today in the Daily News that he is on track to graduate in August that is 2 years early.... WOW thats sick.

It is FSU though ;) First ever first round draft pick/neurosurgeon in all likelihood.

Jughead10
10-11-2007, 10:14 AM

I'm pretty sure if you can read, write, and do basic algebra, you can graduate early from FSU.

RyanLeaf#1
10-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Damn there is some serious FSU hating going on in here

Burdmanindaclub
10-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah I hear that, great story by mike kern who writes good stories in the daily news...

BuddyCHRIST
10-11-2007, 12:25 PM
while FSU doesn't have the prestige as an academic school of some others, just because he said he chose it for academics doesn't mean he's blowing smoke. FSU has a very new medical program that is state of the art that focuses on the patient relationship/physician side of being a doctor compared to alot of other schools which focus on surgery and specialties.
Wayyy too much weight on how good of a academic school is, is placed on how much money the graduates are making after they graduate. Sure UF has a great school but their health sciences cater to more high paying professions within the medical field.
Regardless giving him a hard time because he says he cares about academics and then chooses FSU is ridiculous. He could learn just as much at FSU as any other school if he puts in the work. Especially since he spent last summer studying abroad.
Don't mean to rant, but I'm an FSU student, don't like people attacking my school. FSU gets a bit of a bad rap just because of the athletes and the number of kids in Tallahassee getting business degrees in between partying.

Jughead10
10-11-2007, 12:29 PM
The point is Myron could have gone to any school in the country to play football. And there are quite a few (understatement of the century) schools who are academically better than FSU and also have a decent D1A football program.

Sniper
10-11-2007, 01:12 PM
while FSU doesn't have the prestige as an academic school of some others, just because he said he chose it for academics doesn't mean he's blowing smoke. FSU has a very new medical program that is state of the art that focuses on the patient relationship/physician side of being a doctor compared to alot of other schools which focus on surgery and specialties.
Wayyy too much weight on how good of a academic school is, is placed on how much money the graduates are making after they graduate. Sure UF has a great school but their health sciences cater to more high paying professions within the medical field.
Regardless giving him a hard time because he says he cares about academics and then chooses FSU is ridiculous. He could learn just as much at FSU as any other school if he puts in the work. Especially since he spent last summer studying abroad.
Don't mean to rant, but I'm an FSU student, don't like people attacking my school. FSU gets a bit of a bad rap just because of the athletes and the number of kids in Tallahassee getting business degrees in between partying.

Yes, but FSU doesn't quite have the same academic reputation as say, a Stanford, Michigan etc...

DukeDaGod
10-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Ok well maybe Myron just had the feeling that he belonged there. I'm sure all of you who have been to college can say your decision was based on your gut feeling and that the school just felt right for you. This may be the case for Myron.

Sniper
10-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Ok well maybe Myron just had the feeling that he belonged there. I'm sure all of you who have been to college can say your decision was based on your gut feeling and that the school just felt right for you. This may be the case for Myron.

Yes, but I didn't spout off I was looking for GREAT academics (I don't want to be a brain surgeon). The guy said he wants to be a doctor (brain surgeon) and he goes to FSU? Are you kidding me?

BuddyCHRIST
10-11-2007, 03:59 PM
its not like he was bragging about how he was going to pick the school with the best academics. He simply said that academics are very important , to him, but tons of recruits say that. It was more of a mix of athletics, academics and what feels right. If 2 out of 3 are exactly what he wanted, and another was atleast pretty good, sounds like a good deal. Regardless of what school he goes to, he's going to play in the NFL for a decent while so if he still wants to be a doctor it won't be till his 30's anyways.

Knocking a kid because he picked FSU is ridiculous, sure it doesn't have the pure academic rep of some other schools...but is what the princeton review ranks as good academic schools really that important?

JETS5128
10-11-2007, 04:41 PM
What the **** does his academics have to do with him and his football career???

As long as he is staying eligible then who cares?

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Doesn't make too many big plays in the forms of INT's, but is a sure tackler, and does what he's asked. his skills translate more to a LB, but body of a RB

etk
10-11-2007, 10:49 PM
He's a rare athlete for the position, but I still think his instincts, pursuit and block shedding are at or below average. He will develop into a stud at safety, but I don't think he has the right skillset for linebacker (NFL).

mqtirishfan
10-12-2007, 02:15 PM
It's a moot point where he goes to college. If he decides to be a doctor, it'll be the med school he attends that actually matters.