PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Bills = Bear Cardinals

TCU
10-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Heavy favorite team travels at night to a going nowhere team to play on national tv, that going nowhere team and their fans are all fired up at home ready to pull an upset. That going nowhere team featuring a rookie QB, That going nowhere team jumps off to an early lead to shock everyone and they look like they have won the game, and then they "let them off the hook" the favorite wins leaving everyone wondering how that just happened. I dont think these two games could be any more similar, even the scores were almost mirror images of one another.

Bears 24
Cardinals 23

Cowboys 25
Bills 24

VoteLynnSwan
10-09-2007, 01:26 AM
i friend of mine mentioned this to me, and i definitely see it.

EvilMonkey
10-09-2007, 02:17 AM
if only dick jauron would have went on an insane rant after the game, it coulda been perfect

WMD
10-09-2007, 02:25 AM
Bears/Cardinals was better, IMO.. but tonight's game was very awesome.

GREENSMACKS
10-09-2007, 03:25 AM
jauron sounded like a phychitrist

fenikz
10-09-2007, 10:15 AM
The Bills didn't do anything in the 2nd half though, the Cardinals kept getting good stuff reversed like A Dub's 99 Yard FR for a TD that would of sealed it

The Unseen
10-09-2007, 10:26 AM
The comparison is good. I think Bears/Cardinals was better, though. The difference between the two games is that the Cardinals "choked" more: giving up defensive/special teams TDs and Neil Rackers missing a mid-40's yard field goal that would have won it IIRC.

SFbear
10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Heavy favorite team travels at night to a going nowhere team to play on national tv, that going nowhere team and their fans are all fired up at home ready to pull an upset. That going nowhere team featuring a rookie QB, That going nowhere team jumps off to an early lead to shock everyone and they look like they have won the game, and then they "let them off the hook" the favorite wins leaving everyone wondering how that just happened. I dont think these two games could be any more similar, even the scores were almost mirror images of one another.

Bears 24
Cardinals 23

Cowboys 25
Bills 24

You also had the breakout QB on his way to league MVP give the most atrocious turnover laden performance you have ever seen that just leaves you scratching your head. At least Romo was a little more resilient.

You also had both teams on top of the NFC and two games out of beating down the former NFC champions on Sunday Night "statement" games and already being crowned to the Superbowl.

If you want to crown em, then crown em.

Billingsley26
10-09-2007, 10:29 AM
The Cards didnt have a rookie RB, a bunch of 2nd rate WR (yes LeeEvans ia 2nd rate), they didnt have 5 starters on defense on the IR, and have 2 guys starting on defense who just came off the practise roster. The Bears also didnt have half the offense that Dallas has this year. I can see where you make the comparison, but I dont think you are able to make it. Too many differences.

Iamcanadian
10-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Gamblers have known for a long time that emotion can defeat talent and certainly cover the spread. It is very hard to get a team like Dallas very excited about playing Buffalo when they face NE next week. Buffalo clearly had the emotional edge by a large margin so the game should come as no surprise. This type of situation happens all the time. See Michigan vs Appilachian St. or USC vs Stanford.

LonghornsLegend
10-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Gamblers have known for a long time that emotion can defeat talent and certainly cover the spread. It is very hard to get a team like Dallas very excited about playing Buffalo when they face NE next week. Buffalo clearly had the emotional edge by a large margin so the game should come as no surprise. This type of situation happens all the time. See Michigan vs Appilachian St. or USC vs Stanford.

exactly, its so hard to predict those things...it falls back alot on the coach, getting a team prepared to play, Belichick makes sure his team is prepared for those circumstances, and well most people on their team are used to it by now

last year I think the cards choked a little more though, at least Dallas had to earn it at the end, drive to get the td, onside kick, drive to get into fg rande, two kicks...the cards had so many opportunities to win and couldnt close the deal, buffalo was just hoping the clock ran out as fast as it could you could tell...

although I think another comparison is Juaron will end up fired like Green did...worst coaching ever, 7 seconds left, we line up for nothing else but to get a short out and get out of bounds...it seemed like their whole secondary was playing prevent, i mean for goodness sakes they made the play way easier...how about cover 2? press the wrs at the line to slow them getting into the route, and keep the corners facing the qb since its obviously a short route, who is going to take a chance to go into the endzone at that juncture?

terrible, I was shocked to see how easy they made that for us