PDA

View Full Version : It tastes so good when it hits your lips!!

bearsfan_51
10-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Here we go..version #3 of the mock that everyone loves to hate. Once again I bring you the picks that I could give a fudge if you like.

And for the last time. I make my draft order before I make my picks. I also don't do trades. I do this because it's challenging. If you can manipulate the order it's a whole lot easier to find fits. That's not how the real draft works.

1)Miami Dolphins- Glen Dorsey- Defensive Tackle- LSU

-And it begins. I'm going to keep saying it. The Dolphins are terrible overall of course, but they are at their worst at stopping the run. I just don't see this team running the 3-4 next year. They don't really have the personal for it, and the guys that they do are old and washed up anyway. What better way to make a change than by drafting the best player in the draft to build your defense around? Anyway...I look forward to thebow's weekly comment.

Alternative options: Jake Long, Andre Woodson

2)St.Louis Rams- Jake Long- Offensive Tackle- Michigan

-I think the Rams would prefer to take Dorsey, but Long is a pretty good consolation prize. Even if Linehan loses his job they won't make a change at QB.

Alternative options: Glen Dorsey, Calais Campbell

3)Buffalo Bills- Andre Woodson- Quarterback- Kentucky

-I know...I know. Look Trent Edwards had a pretty good game, but the Bills offense still did nothing. Is that his fault? Not really. But Baker isn't a top 3 pick, and McFadden isn't an option. Edwards has a full season to win games and prove that he is the QB of the future, but if the Bills are picking here and Dorsey and Long are gone, I think they go for the real franchise QB.

Alternative options: Glen Dorsey, Jake Long

4)New Orleans Saints- Darren McFadden- Runningback- Arkansas

-I love this pick the more I make it. It's just one of those "woah!" picks that nobody makes in their mocks but always happens in the draft. I think Deuce is done in New Orleans (I actually thought that preinjury) and while Bush is still a good offensive weapon in my eyes, he's not a runningback. I hear they want to use him like Brian Westbrook..which is a great idea until he takes one run up the middle and gets broken in half. I don't know why this is a suprise to anyone. For those that argue they wouldn't put this much money in the RB position, I would argue that Bush is more of an x-factor than a runningback, not to mention that the Lions put more in the WR position, and McFadden is by FAR the best value here.

Alternative Options: Sedrick Ellis, Kenny Phillips

5)Denver Broncos- Calais Campbell- Defensive End- Miami (Fl)

-A bit of an overreaction putting Denver this high? Probably. But you are what you are, and right now the Broncos are terrible. Defensive tackle is more of a need, but the value differential between Campbell and Ellis was too high at this point for me to go otherwise.

Alternative Options: Sedrick Ellis, Keith Rivers

6)New York Jets- Vernon Gholston- OLB/DE- Ohio State

-I still really like the Desean Jackson pick, but it's a bit too high for him IMO, and this team needs to stock up for the 3-4 badly. I hadn't had Gholston coming out, but the Buckeyes look to be NC contendors this year, meaning that more players will likely jump.

Alternative Options: Desean Jackson, Quentin Groves

7)Atlanta Falcons- Brian Brohm- QB- Louisville
-Seems like a no brainer here, and is more in line with Brohm's actually stock, as I don't see him as a top 3 pick anymore.

Alternative Options: Matt Ryan

8)Oakland Raiders- Sedrick Ellis- DT- USC
-Gerrard Warren is Oakland's best DT. I doubt Warren Sapp comes back.

Alternative Options: Matt Baker, Desean Jackson

9)Dallas Cowboys (f/Cle)- Kenny Phillips- S- Miami (Fl)
-You gotta think Dallas is estatic if Phillips falls this far.

Alternative Options: Chris Long, Matt Baker, Desean Jackson

10)New England (f/SF)- Sam Baker- OT- USC
-You really can't go wrong if you're the Pats, but Matt Light isn't what he used to be.

Alternative Options: Malcom Jenkins, James Larunaitis

11)Cincinnati- Chris Long- DE- Virginia
-Seems like a good player and character fit here. Not to mention they have no pass rush.

12)Minnesota- Matt Ryan- QB- Boston College
-Could go Jackson here, but Ryan's value is shooting up. He may not even last this long.

13)Kansas City- Desean Jackson- WR- California
-Kansas City is very happy that Jackson is still here. O-line is a bigger need, but this is great value and gives them someone to put across Bowe.

14)Detroit Lions- Malcolm Jenkins- CB- Ohio State
- Corner is a HUGE need for the Lions, even in the Tampa 2 the guys they have don't cut it at all.

15)Philadelphia- James Larunaitis- ILB- Ohio State
- Oline could use an upgrade but the value is good here, as is the fit.

16)Chicago- Gosder Cherilus- OT- Boston College
- With all of the big 3 QB's gone, the O-line is next on the laundry list. Cherlius would be the Bears RT for years to come.

17)Carolina- Reggie Smith- S- Oklahoma
- This is a team with a lot of needs, that could potentially be picking much lower.

18)Houston- Jonathan Stewart- RB- Oregon
- Ahman Green is nice, but he's not the longterm answer. Stewart is good value here.

19)New York Giants- Keith Rivers- OLB- USC
- And the peasants rejoice.

20)Baltimore Ravens- Quentin Groves- DE/OLB- Auburn
- The Ravens defense needs more weapons up front. Here's one.

21)Tampa Bay Bucs- Ryan Clady- OT- Boise State
- Potential Left Tackle. I don't think Pettigout has anything left.

22)San Diego Chargers- Jack Ikegwuono- CB- Wisconsin
- They're just not getting much from their secondary. Cromartie has been a dissapointment.

23)Tennessee Titans- Steve Slaton- RB- West Virginia
- With the injury to Sweed I think this puts Slaton back as my favorite Titans pick. I just can't shake the Slaton/White combo.

24)Arizona Cardinals- Dan Conner- OLB- Penn State
- No matter how you fit them, the Cardinals could use another linebacker.

25)Washington- Adarius Bowman- WR- Oklahoma State
- This team looks better every week, but could still use a big-bodied reciever to help move the chains.

26)Seattle- John Carlson- TE- Notre Dame
- They need more from the TE position.

27)Jacksonville- Tony Hills- OT- Texas
- This team is playing great, but protection is still an issue.

28)Green Bay- Michael Jenkins- CB- South Florida
- Seems to have found a niche in the late 1st. Packers need a nickle corner in the immediate and a starter for the future.

29)Pittsburgh- Barry Richardson- OT- Clemson
- Not a whole lot of needs here, but they'll have some losses on the line.

30)San Fran (f/Ind)- Early Doucet- WR- LSU
- Another weapon the Niners won't know how to use.

31)Dallas Cowboys- Frank Okam- DT- Texas
- Okam hasn't had a great season so far, but you can't teach size. The guy is built to be a 3-4 DT.

Turtlepower
10-09-2007, 12:55 AM
I prefer Rivers over Connor and if Ryan Clady comes out, I would prefer him as well. I see Connor too much as an ILB and we need a WILL.

TitanHope
10-09-2007, 01:00 AM
- With the injury to Sweed I think this puts Slaton back as my favorite Titans pick. I just can't shake the Sweed/White combo.

Sweed/White?

And once again, I like the Slaton pick.

You going to make a 2nd rounder eventually, BF51?

Joeyjr09
10-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Miami doesn't have the personal for the 3-4? Basically everyone they have is the 3-4. Holliday and Roth are solid 3-4 ends. Traylor is a NT. Porter is the textbook 3-4 OLB. Plus the Dolphins just draft Paul Soliai who is a 345 pounds 3-4 LB and Abe Wright who is a coverted DE playing OLB in the Miami 3-4. Rod Wright has the versitility to play DE in the 3-4 and Thomas/Crowder was solid as ILB. Plus Miami runs a hybrid 3-4 which allows them to use various players that are not just your standard 3-4 players. Which is why JT had such a great year for us last year. To top it all off, Dom Capers is in the 1st year of the biggest contract in the history of D-Coordinators and he is known for being a 3-4 guru. I have no idea why you don't think Miami won't be running the 3-4 anymore because they have actually been bringing in alot of lower round D players that fit the 3-4 so that they can groom guys to take over. They are absolutely running the 3-4 next year and for the foreseeable future. Lucky Dorsey is a solid pick because he can play mutliple positions in our hybrid 3-4 system and he is a hell of a run stopper. but your reasoning for the pick is awful and you should really do some reseach before you post stuff like that.

TitanHope
10-09-2007, 01:05 AM
You just posted a Mock Draft that listed Tom Zbikowski as a FS, Joeyjr09. You shouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2007, 01:07 AM
Miami doesn't have the personal for the 3-4? Basically everyone they have is the 3-4. Holliday and Roth are solid 3-4 ends. Traylor is a NT. Porter is the textbook 3-4 OLB. Plus the Dolphins just draft Paul Soliai who is a 345 pounds 3-4 LB and Abe Wright who is a coverted DE playing OLB in the Miami 3-4. Rod Wright has the versitility to play DE in the 3-4 and Thomas/Crowder was solid as ILB. Plus Miami runs a hybrid 3-4 which allows them to use various players that are not just your standard 3-4 players. Which is why JT had such a great year for us last year. To top it all off, Dom Capers is in the 1st year of the biggest contract in the history of D-Coordinators and he is known for being a 3-4 guru. I have no idea why you don't think Miami won't be running the 3-4 anymore because they have actually been bringing in alot of lower round D players that fit the 3-4 so that they can groom guys to take over. They are absolutely running the 3-4 next year and for the foreseeable future. Lucky Dorsey is a solid pick because he can play mutliple positions in our hybrid 3-4 system and he is a hell of a run stopper. but your reasoning for the pick is awful and you should really do some reseach before you post stuff like that.
Sorry...I meant that the Dolphins don't have the personal to be a GOOD 3-4 team.

Keith Traylor is 47 years old.

Joey Porter is an overrated piece of garbage.

Crowder, Roth, and Thomas could play 4-3 just as easily.

Everyone else you named is a late round draft pick/nobody that are just as easily replaced by picking up some street free agents next year.

The Dolphins aren't just the worst team in the NFL, they're arguably the least talented too. You could basically argue anything for them.

Then again they never make questionable picks. How's Ted Ginn working out for ya?

bearsfan_51
10-09-2007, 01:08 AM
You going to make a 2nd rounder eventually, BF51?
Once things settle down a little bit yeah. I'll likely never go 3 rounds though, I just don't see the point.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2007, 01:11 AM
In fact, here's a rough 4-3 defense for ya.

Let's go ahead and cut Traylor and Porter. Boom. Saved the Dolphins some money and got rid of some ****** vets.

DE-Holliday/Roth
UT-Glenn Dorsey
NT-Rodrique Wright
DE-Jason Taylor
SLB-Donnie Spragan
MLB-Zach Thomas
WLB-Channing Crowder

You could probably throw another pick or free agent in there as well.

Caddy
10-09-2007, 02:20 AM
I could definitely see the Buc's taking an OT and Clady would be a relatively nice fit.

Joeyjr09
10-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Sorry...I meant that the Dolphins don't have the personal to be a GOOD 3-4 team.

Keith Traylor is 47 years old.

Joey Porter is an overrated piece of garbage.

Crowder, Roth, and Thomas could play 4-3 just as easily.

Everyone else you named is a late round draft pick/nobody that are just as easily replaced by picking up some street free agents next year.

The Dolphins aren't just the worst team in the NFL, they're arguably the least talented too. You could basically argue anything for them.

Then again they never make questionable picks. How's Ted Ginn working out for ya?

That makes alot of sense, they are the worst team in the league so I'm just gonna give them whatever I want cause they suck. Really good reasoning there smart guy.

Joeyjr09
10-09-2007, 06:57 AM

Let's go ahead and cut Traylor and Porter. Boom. Saved the Dolphins some money and got rid of some ****** vets.

DE-Holliday/Roth
UT-Glenn Dorsey
NT-Rodrique Wright
DE-Jason Taylor
SLB-Donnie Spragan
MLB-Zach Thomas
WLB-Channing Crowder

Why would the Dolphins cut Porter when they just signed him to a huge deal. It would cost too much to cut him. Dom Capers is a 3-4 coach, not a 4-3 coach and he's the highest paid DC in the NFL. Doubt they let his talent go to waste. You are just posting stuff to try to validate your comments which made no sense. Just cause the Dolphins are bad doesn't mean that they are liable to to change the entire team philosphy that was just put in place this year by a 1st year HC.

Don't get all built up an upset just trying to defend a comment that obviously was made off of bad information or no information at all.

NYGibril28
10-09-2007, 07:25 AM
You just posted a Mock Draft that listed Tom Zbikowski as a FS, Joeyjr09. You shouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

How about, nobody throws stones. That's crappy behavior. The one exception would be you are trapped in a glass house, if you have a stone, throw it! What are you, an idiot? So really it's only people in glass houses should throw stones, provided that they are trapped. It's a little longer, but.

Good Mock. I prefer Rivers to Connor but I can't argue the position.

Finsfan79
10-09-2007, 10:16 AM

DE-Holliday/Roth
UT-Glenn Dorsey
NT-Rodrique Wright
DE-Jason Taylor
SLB-Donnie Spragan
MLB-Zach Thomas
WLB-Channing Crowder

They couldnt afford to cut porter with the cap hit sadly else I would be all for it personally. I agree alot of our personel for the 3-4 does not seem to work this year but I think it starts because of the front 7s weakness and the lack of any presence of a safety there.

Almost every good 3-4 team has a big hitting dominate run stopping Safety and a good big Nose Tackle.

Now assuming that Bell can come back and keep healthy (never been healthy a full year and that injury is not a small one he sustained), we still need a second big time safety.

Traylor is done and a big reason that our defense cant stop the run is because of him. Or the lack of Him. They need to give Soliai some more time to find out what is going on for his potential. If the kid has the chance to be something or not, only going to find out for playing time honestly.

Holliday has been bad this year so I think sliding Dorsey into his spot would be a nice move. They really miss what carter brought, even though I dont see Dorsey as a Nose Tackle and I dont see a dominating Nose Tackle in this whole draft honestly.

I think the utility of the Dorsey pick would work good and he is the best player in the draft defensively (offensively mcfadden but it would be dumb for us to take him).

Assuming we dont trade back, our pick options are 4 players imo.

McFadden (2 back system which would be weird to see and I wouldnt like).

Long - Play him at Right Tackle where he would be best, Carey has been Great at Left Tackle this year and really should be fine there. This could let Shelton slide to Left Guard and helps the oline even more for the run blocking. Long is best at Right Tackle imo in the NFL anyways but a number 1 pick overall for a Right Tackle??? Well Cam is strange.

Dorsey - not a perfect fit for the 3-4 system but a heck of a player and could be valuable at the Defensive end and at the Defensive Tackle as we hybrid back and forth. Him and Roth would give us 2 young DE's for the long term. That could eat up blocks and hopefully let Crowder bounce around (zach I believe retires after the year imo).

Phillips- He is going to be a dominating Run stuffing Safety, exactly the type that this team needs on defense. He has the ability to be a ballhawk as well. I see him a better fit at a SS position personally but I could see him easily sliding into the FS position as well. I also dont think a Safety is worth the top pick in the draft.

QB is not a position they will look at even if Beck goes out there and bombs. They will not admit being wrong about passing Quinn and imo I think Beck will be fine honestly in time. They are very high on him and actually alot of Miami is as well. I think he will play around week 8 perhaps for a few games before green comes back.

NT
RT
OG
S

Those are the 4 positions in this draft that we need the most. They arent found in the top in the draft unfortunately very easily.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Good Mock. I prefer Rivers to Connor but I can't argue the position.
Actually it's very rare that I change my mind on these things, but after thinking it over I like Rivers there more than Connor as well.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2007, 11:12 AM
They couldnt afford to cut porter with the cap hit sadly else I would be all for it personally. I agree alot of our personel for the 3-4 does not seem to work this year but I think it starts because of the front 7s weakness and the lack of any presence of a safety there.

Almost every good 3-4 team has a big hitting dominate run stopping Safety and a good big Nose Tackle.

Now assuming that Bell can come back and keep healthy (never been healthy a full year and that injury is not a small one he sustained), we still need a second big time safety.

Traylor is done and a big reason that our defense cant stop the run is because of him. Or the lack of Him. They need to give Soliai some more time to find out what is going on for his potential. If the kid has the chance to be something or not, only going to find out for playing time honestly.

Holliday has been bad this year so I think sliding Dorsey into his spot would be a nice move. They really miss what carter brought, even though I dont see Dorsey as a Nose Tackle and I dont see a dominating Nose Tackle in this whole draft honestly.

I think the utility of the Dorsey pick would work good and he is the best player in the draft defensively (offensively mcfadden but it would be dumb for us to take him).

Assuming we dont trade back, our pick options are 4 players imo.

McFadden (2 back system which would be weird to see and I wouldnt like).

Long - Play him at Right Tackle where he would be best, Carey has been Great at Left Tackle this year and really should be fine there. This could let Shelton slide to Left Guard and helps the oline even more for the run blocking. Long is best at Right Tackle imo in the NFL anyways but a number 1 pick overall for a Right Tackle??? Well Cam is strange.

Dorsey - not a perfect fit for the 3-4 system but a heck of a player and could be valuable at the Defensive end and at the Defensive Tackle as we hybrid back and forth. Him and Roth would give us 2 young DE's for the long term. That could eat up blocks and hopefully let Crowder bounce around (zach I believe retires after the year imo).

Phillips- He is going to be a dominating Run stuffing Safety, exactly the type that this team needs on defense. He has the ability to be a ballhawk as well. I see him a better fit at a SS position personally but I could see him easily sliding into the FS position as well. I also dont think a Safety is worth the top pick in the draft.

QB is not a position they will look at even if Beck goes out there and bombs. They will not admit being wrong about passing Quinn and imo I think Beck will be fine honestly in time. They are very high on him and actually alot of Miami is as well. I think he will play around week 8 perhaps for a few games before green comes back.

NT
RT
OG
S

Those are the 4 positions in this draft that we need the most. They arent found in the top in the draft unfortunately very easily.
Intelligent response. For me though, there's just no way I could possibly justify giving 30 million dollars in signing bonuses to a safety. Any safety. That right there eliminates Phillips. Long is a possibility. I just can't see McFadden at all. The only other option is QB, and Lemon and Beck probably have enough time to establish themselves as the future starter before QB becomes a distinct possibility.

And I don't know why they would want Green back even if he's cleared to play. They aren't going to make the playoffs (clearly) so they might as well see if they have a QB of the future. Ditto Buffalo.

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Personally I'd rather have Chris Williams than Barry Richardson.

I don't see Richardson as Athletic as McNeil and Williams is the best LT in the SEC.

I'd rather have Williams full knowing he could play LT than Richardson.

SaintsMan
10-09-2007, 12:34 PM
I think McFadden would be a great pick for the Saints.

Finsfan79
10-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Intelligent response. For me though, there's just no way I could possibly justify giving 30 million dollars in signing bonuses to a safety. Any safety. That right there eliminates Phillips. Long is a possibility. I just can't see McFadden at all. The only other option is QB, and Lemon and Beck probably have enough time to establish themselves as the future starter before QB becomes a distinct possibility.

And I don't know why they would want Green back even if he's cleared to play. They aren't going to make the playoffs (clearly) so they might as well see if they have a QB of the future. Ditto Buffalo.

Thank you and I agree as well. No safety in the history of the NFL has been drafted and been worth the number 1 pick. Even if he turns into Ed Reed or Sean Taylor I dont see Phillips being worth number 1.

McFadden I could see if he is BPA. Dorsey I dont have a problem with honetly but at the same time if we take him we better be getting a Right Tackle in Rough 2 or a safety there and a tackle in round 3. We need to address Right tackle and a big time safety badly.

Now like said best bet is a trade back but predicting those is like a blind man predicting the weather.

I dont have a problem with Dorsey if we keep with the hybrid and he continues to progress, like said with Toon this draft is horrible for our team needs sadly.

Don Vito
10-09-2007, 03:47 PM
With so much talent on the board at 3-4 ILB, CB, and 3-4 OLB I would be dissappointed if the Pats went OL. Light has played well this season along with our entire OL. Junior Seau, Mike Vrabel, and Tedy Bruschi are all so old, we must draft a player who can play inside and outside LB in the 3-4.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2007, 04:03 PM
With so much talent on the board at 3-4 ILB, CB, and 3-4 OLB I would be dissappointed if the Pats went OL. Light has played well this season along with our entire OL. Junior Seau, Mike Vrabel, and Tedy Bruschi are all so old, we must draft a player who can play inside and outside LB in the 3-4.
I get mixed responses from Pats fans regarding the O-line. Admittedly I haven't watched much Pats games this year as blowouts bore me. Perhaps the Dallas game will add perspective.

P-L
10-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Deuce has a really big contract. The only way the Saints could afford to pay $25-$30 million to McFadden is if they've already paid Deuce the majority of his guaranteed money. He's signed through 2012, but I'm not sure how much guaranteed money is left on his contract. Just something to consider.

bearsfan_51
10-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Deuce has a really big contract. The only way the Saints could afford to pay $25-$30 million to McFadden is if they've already paid Deuce the majority of his guaranteed money. He's signed through 2012, but I'm not sure how much guaranteed money is left on his contract. Just something to consider.

Most of my prognosticating on Deuce's situation is coming from Saints fans, who think he would be relatively easy to unload if he's unable to regain his old form. How accurate that is I really don't know, but your point is well taken.

aNYtitan
10-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Another mock draft showing the Titans picking Steve Slaton, another mock that I dislike. What this pick means is that one RB will be completely wasted in our past drafts. Give me either Early Doucet, Malcolm Kelly(if he declared), John Carlson or Martin Rucker(we really need a play making TE for Vince to throw to

Crazy_Chris
10-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Very nice mock, Love Matt Ryan pick for the vikings... and i agree i think by the end of the year he will be a top ten pick maybe higher.

Vikes99ej
10-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Good Vikings pick I guess.