PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Crum, LB, Notre Dame

Sniper
10-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Alright, gag me with a spoon please. I'm starting a thread on an ND player to say how good he is. Kill me now.

Anyway, I caught part of UCLA's train wreck last week against ND and came away very impressed with Crum, who had 7 tackles, 2 picks, 1 FF, 2 FR, 1 defensive TD, 1 sack and 2 PBU. 6'0, 230 lbs, so he may be a little undersized, but he looks like a star on the ND D (take that for whatever it's worth) Where's he going in the draft?

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Right now I have him ranked as a 2nd rounder in 2009.

#6 OLB in 09.

Behind:

Erin Henderson
Sean Lee
Brian Cushing
Geno Hayes
Anthony Heygood.

So If 2 of those come out this year and another good season he could slide up to the first round.

Sniper
10-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Right now I have him ranked as a 2nd rounder in 2009.

#6 OLB in 09.

Behind:

Erin Henderson
Sean Lee
Brian Cushing
Geno Hayes
Anthony Heygood.

So If 2 of those come out this year and another good season he could slide up to the first round.

Isn't he a ILB?

Turtlepower
10-09-2007, 03:11 PM
He is a Ty Willingham recruit, so he must be good. =D

Sniper
10-09-2007, 03:14 PM
He is a Ty Willingham recruit, so he must be good. =D

LOLZ WUT R U TALKING BOUT TY WILLINHAMMMM SUCKKKKKKKKZZZZZZZZ CHARLIE WEIS RULEZZZZZZZZ YOU WAIT TILL HE GETS HIS OWN RECRUITS NOTRE DAME DOMINATION LOLZZZZ!

Or will we hear the old "Charlie Weis made him what he is now" cliche.

ltisno1#2
10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
I think that crum is a solid player, I dont think he will blow anyone away with his 40 times or anything like that, but he seems to always be in on tackles and had some big defensives plays vs UCLA. One thing he could work on is wrapping up on tackles he tends to miss a tackle because of that from time to time.

Also what do you guys think of trevor laws would be a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE, he leads the team in tackles and has been very impressive this year. He also knocks down a lot of passes.

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Isn't he a ILB?

He may be playing ILB at ND but I don't think he has the bulk to hold up there in the pro's personally.

and

Tyrone McKenzie from South Florida is getting to the point where I may put him above Crum as well.

This spring Crum was 6'0 (Like 5'11 5/8") and 224lbs. Ripped off a 4.68 though

Then you have McKenzie.. 6'2 235lbs this spring and rips off a 4.63

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 03:32 PM
I think that crum is a solid player, I dont think he will blow anyone away with his 40 times or anything like that, but he seems to always be in on tackles and had some big defensives plays vs UCLA. One thing he could work on is wrapping up on tackles he tends to miss a tackle because of that from time to time.

Also what do you guys think of trevor laws would be a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE, he leads the team in tackles and has been very impressive this year. He also knocks down a lot of passes.

I think Laws is going to shoot up to round 2 after the combine.

Great character kid. Plays his heart out. He's a very good 4-3 DT, but he's been playing 3-4 LDE and some 3-4 NT and he's been very good as well. I think he could be a solid 2nd round pick to rotate in at DE rookie season then bulk up to take on NT.

RyanLeaf#1
10-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Alright, gag me with a spoon please. I'm starting a thread on an ND player to say how good he is. Kill me now.

Anyway, I caught part of UCLA's train wreck last week against ND and came away very impressed with Crum, who had 7 tackles, 2 picks, 1 FF, 2 FR, 1 defensive TD, 1 sack and 2 PBU. 6'0, 230 lbs, so he may be a little undersized, but he looks like a star on the ND D (take that for whatever it's worth) Where's he going in the draft?

Your a closet Irish fan I love it.

soybean
10-09-2007, 03:37 PM

mcleod bethel thompson should have never been in the game. That was one of the most awful performances by a qb.

I hope chris forcier gets the nod this week.

Sniper
10-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Your a closet Irish fan I love it.

Can't help myself. Charlie's rolls just make me love that team. I love watching negative rushing yards. 1-5, GET PUMPED! Haha I can 100% assure you I am no closet Irish fan. That post I put up there was probably a little out there, but Willingham needs credit for what he did do. His record at ND after this amount of games is better than Weis', and his Washington team is better than ND.

But yeah, back to the topic, love Maurice Crum. Busts his ass, always around the ball, makes plays.

Sniper
10-09-2007, 03:40 PM
mcleod bethel thompson should have never been in the game. That was one of the most awful performances by a qb.

J.D Booty says what's up ;) Ok, he wasn't that bad, but it was more of a dig at you anyway ;)

IrishBrowns
10-09-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the one that had to bring up Trevor Laws and be biased.

This guy is a machine though, he does absolutely everything.

Crum is very solid too, but may be undersized.

dabears10
10-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Can't help myself. Charlie's rolls just make me love that team. I love watching negative rushing yards. 1-5, GET PUMPED! Haha I can 100% assure you I am no closet Irish fan. That post I put up there was probably a little out there, but Willingham needs credit for what he did do. His record at ND after this amount of games is better than Weis', and his Washington team is better than ND.

But yeah, back to the topic, love Maurice Crum. Busts his ass, always around the ball, makes plays.

http://www.bluegraysky.com

Yeah, he actually has a game up on Willingham. It's not that Willingham didn't get his share of big players, it's that he didn't try to go out and get them. I read an article last year where Tom Zbikowski talked about how ND talked to him less than every other team that recruited him but he just knew it was the place for him.

Jughead10
10-09-2007, 11:07 PM
http://www.bluegraysky.com

Yeah, he actually has a game up on Willingham. It's not that Willingham didn't get his share of big players, it's that he didn't try to go out and get them. I read an article last year where Tom Zbikowski talked about how ND talked to him less than every other team that recruited him but he just knew it was the place for him.

Chinedum Ndukwe's father also convicined Ty Willingham to take a chance on Brady Quinn.