PDA

View Full Version : Uh-Oh More Bengals Troubles

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 04:59 PM
JOSEPH SUSPENDED

The Cincinnati Bengals have announced that cornerback Johnathan Joseph has been suspended for one game and fined for an additional game check due to an arrest for marijuana possession.

Joseph entered a diversionary program, which apparently counts as a guilty plea in the eyes of the league.

Arrests for the violation of drug laws are no longer reviewed under the Personal Conduct Policy; instead, such matters fall within the purview of the substance abuse policy.

Under the substance abuse policy, Joseph also will automatically forfeit 1/17th of his 2007 signing bonus proration. He was the Bengals' first-round draft pick in 2006.

He'll miss Sunday's game against the Chiefs

POSTED 4:30 p.m. EDT, October 9, 2007

HENRY FACING PROBATION VIOLATION

Bengals receiver Chris Henry faces in Florida an allegation that he violated the terms of one of his various probations, according to Mark Curnutte of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

The reason for the alleged violation is unclear. Typically, the legal standard in proceedings of this nature is not proof of guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, but whether the evidence points more likely than not to the fact that the defendant engaged in the behavior.

Also, the decision as to whether there was a violation of probation usually is made by the judge, not by a jury.

Henry is serving two years probation for a weapons charge. At the time he was arrested, he was wearing his Bengals jersey.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Henry for eight games due to a history of off-field misconduct. Though the probation violation, if proven, is not a new crime, it might constitute enough of a "run-in" with law enforcement to result in further punishment, up to and including a lifetime banishment.

Smooth Criminal
10-09-2007, 06:03 PM
I thought you were supposed to get a full year suspension for illegal drugs. Or is that if you actually fail a test?

Josephs 1 gamer really isn't that big of a deal because its only 1 game. The bigger issue here could be Henry if the Commish chooses not to reistate him after 8 games for this.

niel89
10-10-2007, 02:07 AM
damn......

PoopSandwich
10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Where have all the Bengals fans gone?

Smooth Criminal
10-10-2007, 03:48 PM
They always tend to disappear when the Bengals are bad. They'll be back when they're above .500 and they'll claim they arn't bandwagon fans.

Henry was found to have not violated his probation BTW.

themaninblack
10-10-2007, 05:46 PM
im wondering why it took this long to give JJ his suspension. it happened in January you'd think he'd be out the first game. I havent gone anywhere btw, nobody seems to be talking however.

BigDawg819
10-10-2007, 07:20 PM
This is like one of the worst divisions in terms of smack talk on this forum. UGH!

BrownsTown
10-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

They're a joke.

BigDawg819
10-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

They're a joke.

Wow we agree?

BrownsTown
10-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Wow we agree?

When you lose to the Browns, are last in the division, and have half of your team getting it from behind by a guy named Shirley, you're a laughing stock.

Smooth Criminal
10-10-2007, 09:17 PM
This is like one of the worst divisions in terms of smack talk on this forum. UGH!

Thats cause there is no one to talk to. Everyone wants to make fun of the Bengals fans but suddenly they have none.

themaninblack
10-11-2007, 05:36 PM
ya theyre gone...

j05son
10-11-2007, 10:59 PM
PalmertoCJ hasn't been around since I quoted him in my sig...

themaninblack
10-12-2007, 12:05 AM
id get that excited over a win too...

PoopSandwich
10-12-2007, 01:30 PM
PalmertoCJ hasn't been around since I quoted him in my sig...

Nah, it was since he trashed me the day before the Browns Bengals game, then the Bengals lost and everyone laughed at him.

themaninblack
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
what a terrible excuse for a human being!