PDA

View Full Version : Mike Jenkins & Dejuan Tribble

ThaU4Life
10-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Where does everyone see these two guys going?

Don Vito
10-09-2007, 08:34 PM
I see Jenkins as a fringe 1st-early second now, but if he has a good combine and keeps playing well he will move up. He can fit multiple schemes with his size, athleticism, and coverage skills.

I am a big DeJuan Tribble homer, I see him as a mid-late 1st rounder. He is a clone of Antoine Winfield coming out - a small guy at about 5-9 185, solid speed, great coverage skills, a great leaper, and an absolutely spectacular run supporter for his size.

Mr. Stiller
10-09-2007, 09:08 PM
It really depends on the Juniors.

Jenkins 40 time and Tribbles size are not going to impress scouts or GM's..

Right now.. Tribble is my #1 Senior CB, Jenkins is my #3 behind Terrell Thomas (Not a fan of Antoine Cason).

Jenkins has run a 4.49 this spring and that could very well get him drafted at the end of the first, but if he goes slower than that, he could fall to mid round 2.

Tribble at 5'9" and 190 is going to be the top Sr. corner, but GM's are going to question his durability at the next level with his size, and his ability to cover larger WR's.

3-4 Jr. CB's could push Tribble to the end of round 1, Terrell Thomas/Mike Jenkins to mid-round 2.

toonsterwu
10-09-2007, 09:31 PM
I think both are in that late first-mid 2nd mix right now assuming that a couple junior CB's come out (namely, Jenkins and King). There's a chance both move up, but both have areas that Mr. Stiller noted that might prevent that from happening.

zCaddyz
10-09-2007, 10:00 PM
i hope jenkins falls to the second round and the bucs pick him up it would be like he never left home lol

etk
10-09-2007, 10:01 PM
There are a lot of CBs (including Juniors) that are in that fringe 1st range. Tribble & Jenkins fit right in with Terrell Thomas, Antoine Cason, Brandon Flowers, Awib Talib & Zack Bowman. They can't be separated until Senior Bowl/Combine time.

LonghornsLegend
10-09-2007, 10:48 PM
I dont feel comfortable with any of those corners on the cowboys next year in the first and I think we will take one, but i think we will see whoever slides to late 2nd

Jughead10
10-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Two guys I'm hoping the Giants can get one of. This class is deep in CB especially if Juniors come out. I think both of these guys are going to be very good #2 caliber CBs for any team in the league and both will probably be had in the 2nd round as of now.

toonsterwu
10-10-2007, 01:13 AM
I dont feel comfortable with any of those corners on the cowboys next year in the first and I think we will take one, but i think we will see whoever slides to late 2nd

To be honest, while he doesn't seem like a Wade Phillips CB to me, anecdotally that is, if the Cowboys feel fine with Henry at CB and keep Hamlin at S next year, someone like Tribble would be ideal in that he could probably step in the nickel role right away and contribute.

That said, eh, I doubt I'd see them going Tribble. Just doesn't seem like their type of CB.