PDA

View Full Version : Rams Will Wait Until End of Season To Decide On Linehan

diabsoule
10-09-2007, 08:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3055939

I don't think it's his fault that you guys have had as many injuries as you have had this year but I have also not been impressed at all by him as coach.

nfrillman
10-09-2007, 11:47 PM
I agree that the injury issue has been completely insane. I cannot remember any team suffering as many injuries, several to key players, in one single season, and it is only 5 weeks in. Nice little fact, the Rams are the only team to not have the same starting O-line start and finish a game, amazing. My main complaint with Linehan is not that they are losing, it is how they are losing and how bad they look while losing. With these injuries I do not expect a winning team, but I still expect a competive team. The coach's job is to put his players in the best possible situations to win the game, and this coaching group has not done that.

NGSeiler
10-10-2007, 06:54 PM
With these injuries I do not expect a winning team, but I still expect a competive team.

We've been competitive with every single team we've played. The only differences is how long we're able to maintain that level of play.

We were leading Carolina until turnovers came into play. We were with both San Fran and Arizona until the end of the game. We were with Tampa until the fourth quarter, and we hung with Dallas for the first half of the game.

It's not as if Linehan's team is getting blown out from the first second of the game. They're showing a lot of fight, but eventually injuries and talent is going to catch up in some instances (ala Dallas).

yodabear
10-11-2007, 11:52 AM
When else would we do that? Must have been a slow news day.

MaddHatter
10-11-2007, 11:56 AM
I don't think you can put this on Linehan - the core to any team is found in the trenches, and that offensive line has been ravaged with injuries. I didn't see anything bad about the Coaching against Dallas.

yodabear
10-11-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't think you can put this on Linehan - the core to any team is found in the trenches, and that offensive line has been ravaged with injuries. I didn't see anything bad about the Coaching against Dallas.

Ur absolutly right. I think our whole o-line is hurt. Bulger is hurt (Freotte is starting again this week who all have heard), Jackson is hurt. 6 of our 11 starters on offense were out last game, 2 of 11 on our already ****** defense. So yeah, its not his fault.

nfrillman
10-11-2007, 03:18 PM

That is one encouraging aspect. The playcalling seemed to be a whole lot better in the first half against the Cardinals. The bad news is that I said first half. I went to the game, so I could see the entire field, and the Rams no longer run deep routes, like, at all. Hopefully the offense will continue to play a bit better with Linehan calling the plays. I just feel it took far far too long for Bulger to be taken out and Linehan to take over playcalling.

Geo
10-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Linehan should get three years at least, I feel. The team has drafted well under Linehan, I've thought, they will continue to bring in good talent to rebuild this team into a playoff contender.

As other have noted, injuries and suspensions hurt this team a great deal in the first quarter of the season.

nfrillman
10-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Linehan should get three years at least, I feel. The team has drafted well under Linehan, I've thought, they will continue to bring in good talent to rebuild this team into a playoff contender.

As other have noted, injuries and suspensions hurt this team a great deal in the first quarter of the season.

I usually agree with the 3 year rule for coaches. The only thing that may alter that is if the Rams have a 14-16 loss season. If that happens it will be hard to make a case for him to return.

mikesmdone
10-12-2007, 10:53 AM
I doubt they will lose 14-16 games.. they have a tough one here against Baltimore but the following weeks are some winnable games... They should still finish with 5-6 wins in my opinion.

PossumBoy9
10-13-2007, 05:54 PM
The team has drafted well under Linehan

After Tye Hill, Day 1 in '06 was a disgrace.