PDA

View Full Version : Need help - Fantasy

secondeye
10-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Hey I perhaps foolishly made a deal to make my team #1 in the league in week 2.

I had:

QB-Bulger
RB-Tomlinson
RB-McGahee
WR-Holt
WR-Calvin Johnson
WR-Mark Clayton/Wes Welker/Reggie Brown
TE-Alge Crumpler

I knew my WRs were already bordering on bad, and I had a good team otherwise, but with what I thought was the emergence of Welker and backup options in Brown and Clayton, I traded Holt and McGahee for Steven Jackson and Darrell Jackson (who I thought could start as well) in hopes of pairing L.T. and Jax for a 60 point a week combo. (110 usually wins)

Obviously injuries and underperformance have crippled my once Championship caliber team (paper champions!) to an 0-5 start. Now this is a money league and I have to go 6-2 to even have a chance at the 6th seed for playoffs.. this week is key.

I am doing ok at RB with Jacobs and Tomlinson and Leonard and Earnest Graham.. but WR is absolutely killing me..

Long story short, am I wrong to hold out hope that Clayton gets it going, particularly this week against the hapless Rams? Does he have any chance to get the 5 catches and 50-70 yards and possible TD I need to compete, or am I better off scouring the waiver wire, perhaps even for Demetrius Williams? I havent seen any of the Ravens games so I don't know if he's out there on one leg or what..

The cupboard isnt totally bare with Antwaan Randle-El helping out until he was -surprise- injured.. and I also have Ronald Curry.

We get 1 point per reception 0.1 per rec and rush yd, and 6 for the TD.

Appreciate the help
- The Eye

EdReedUnstoppable
10-10-2007, 08:38 AM
I go for Demetrius he has outplayed Clayton so far this year, Clayton has been banged up and very disappointing.

Jakey
10-10-2007, 12:08 PM
I'd pick up Williams (see above) but i'd also try and trade Holt and Jackson for a true No1 reciever, and pair him with Calvin Johnson who should have some real value as the season goes on. With Trent Dilfer and Gus Ferrote throwing them the ball i wouldnt expect much from Holt+Jackson, wich could be costly for you.

p.s Sorry for butting into your thread, but you have to eye up the enemy! (Noob Steelers fan) :)

EdReedUnstoppable
10-10-2007, 03:05 PM
I'd pick up Williams (see above) but i'd also try and trade Holt and Jackson for a true No1 reciever, and pair him with Calvin Johnson who should have some real value as the season goes on. With Trent Dilfer and Gus Ferrote throwing them the ball i wouldnt expect much from Holt+Jackson, wich could be costly for you.

p.s Sorry for butting into your thread, but you have to eye up the enemy! (Noob Steelers fan) :)

No need to be sorry, the only people who need to be sorry for butting into threads are people who come in and just say "Ravens suck" or "(insert most hated raven nam here) sucks". But if your bringin good knowledge or a good point to the table anybody is welcome anywhere.

secondeye
10-10-2007, 09:13 PM

Thanks for all the responses. I don't blame you for skipping the long intro, but I traded Holt and McGahee for Steven Jackson and have since dropped Darrell Jackson.

I traded Earnest Graham and Randle-El for the disappointing Lee Evans in hopes that he lives up to his promise of a 1200 yard 2006 season. I think I'll roll with the three I can play, Curry, Welker and Clayton, for this week, Calvin and Lee Evans on byes.. and then hope someone emerges of the three I'm starting this week to go with the other two.

I'm working the wire to trade Jacobs for a solid WR, but everyone with WRs to spare is set at RB.