PDA

View Full Version : Chase Daniel QB Missouri

holt_bruce81
10-10-2007, 03:09 PM
i love watching this kid play, has great leadership. has a great arm and can beat you with his legs, my question is seeing that he is only 6'0 is his future in the nfl like Troy Smiths as career backup? or could he possibly be the next Drew Brees and start for an nfl team?.......also, is he an early or late draft pick?

Green Bay Scat
10-10-2007, 03:13 PM
i love watching this kid play, has great leadership. has a great arm and can beat you with his legs, my question is seeing that he is only 6'0 is his future in the nfl like Troy Smiths as career backup? or could he possibly be the next Drew Brees and start for an nfl team?.......also, is he an early or late draft pick?

i think its unfair to call Troy Smith a career backup when he hasnt even got a chance. but hey thats just me

Don Vito
10-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Daniel is built like a LB at 6-0 240, he runs like a RB, and he has a very accurate and strong arm. He is a heisman candidate and a great leader who is putting up amazing numbers this year. He is a legitimate 1st round prospect with next years weak crop of senior QBs, but that is just my opinion.

When he signed with Mizzou out of Southlake, Texas, Missouri changed their offense to a spread even though Daniel's senior season of high school football hadn't even started yet. This was to get the returning players accustomed to the spread, even though they already were playing great on offense with Brad Smith at QB. That goes to show you the type of talent he is and how much faith Mizzou has in him.

toonsterwu
10-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Very good collegiate player that, draft value wise, won't go high. I'd guess, if he's drafted as a QB, it'll be late. Some team may give him a shot. Whether or not he succeeds will depend on his work ethic.

holt_bruce81
10-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Very good collegiate player that, draft value wise, won't go high. I'd guess, if he's drafted as a QB, it'll be late. Some team may give him a shot. Whether or not he succeeds will depend on his work ethic.

he's not like the other 6'0 guys though, he has great tools, he knows how to pass, he has great mechanics

Vikes99ej
10-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I like this guy a lot, too. One of my favorite college QBs next year.

Don Vito
10-10-2007, 03:47 PM

I'm not a huge Mizzou fan but from what I hear about him he is a gym rat and is always in the film room. Keep in mind he is only a junior. He seems like a hard working guy who has everything but height. I know he is short but I still believe he has round 1 potential with his strength, speed, arm, leadership, and production. He is arguably a top 3 heisman candidate right now.

This Oklahoma game could do wonders for his status as a prospect and as a heisman candidate.

holt_bruce81
10-10-2007, 03:49 PM
would love to get Scott's opinion on Chase

Turtlepower
10-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Daniel is built like a LB at 6-0 240, he runs like a RB, and he has a very accurate and strong arm. He is a heisman candidate and a great leader who is putting up amazing numbers this year. He is a legitimate 1st round prospect with next years weak crop of senior QBs, but that is just my opinion.

When he signed with Mizzou out of Southlake, Texas, Missouri changed their offense to a spread even though Daniel's senior season of high school football hadn't even started yet. This was to get the returning players accustomed to the spread, even though they already were playing great on offense with Brad Smith at QB. That goes to show you the type of talent he is and how much faith Mizzou has in him.

To sum up what you said... He has the arm of Elway, the decision making of Montana, the accuracy of Marino, and the mobility of Steve Young. Man, that is one hell of a QB. =D

volman88
10-10-2007, 10:01 PM
My sister went to school with this kid at southlake carroll, and he is just an offensive machine. Though he is undersized as everyone else has stated, and plays in a college system. So he can be compared to troy smith size wise, but smith played in a nfl type offense. So I would expect him to be drafted lower than troy smith was.

nhlkdog411
10-10-2007, 10:18 PM
theres several things that separate daniels from smith as a prospect in my mind:
-he is the same height but heavier and more solidly built as he is 225+ which is at least 10 pounds heavier
-i would say he is a more polished passer and he will leave college with much better numbers
-he is more athletic than smith;before you say otherwise, he is reported to run 4.5ish while smith was a mid 4.6 guy and i read an espn story where it said he beat ryan perriloux in a forty yard race coming out of highschool and he ran somewhere in the 4.4s during it.

that combination of extra weight, speed and college production should make him a higher pick than smith in my mind..not to mention his supporting cast (especially wide recievers) can't hold a candle to what smith had

YAYareaRB
10-10-2007, 10:35 PM
My opinion on him is that he's a winner. Being a winner is a very important characteristic you want in a QB. He Quarterbacked the best HS team for a while. Now, he's leading Mizzou to success. I'm sure someone will take a chance on him.

Green Bay Scat
10-10-2007, 10:39 PM
is he a Darnell *******? lol Hack-ney

Iamcanadian
10-10-2007, 11:12 PM

I tend to agree. He won't be a high pick unless he can run a 4.5, then he just might get dradfted as a RB.

holt_bruce81
10-10-2007, 11:18 PM
I tend to agree. He won't be a high pick unless he can run a 4.5, then he just might get dradfted as a RB.

you guys are joking yourselfs if you think Daniel is going to play another position in the nfl.......

Paranoidmoonduck
10-10-2007, 11:21 PM
I like Chase Daniel a lot as a college player, and I certainly think that he could potentially be an NFL starter. However, he has a very large hill to climb, and he probably won't be drafted particularly high.

Don Vito
10-10-2007, 11:28 PM
To sum up what you said... He has the arm of Elway, the decision making of Montana, the accuracy of Marino, and the mobility of Steve Young. Man, that is one hell of a QB. =D

Seriously, if you really watch him play he looks like the total package other than height. I am not trying to say he is a future perrenial pro-bowler but he certainly has NFL potential. He has put up great numbers in 2007 and this Oklahoma game is huge for him.

holt_bruce81
10-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Seriously, if you really watch him play he looks like the total package other than height. I am not trying to say he is a future perrenial pro-bowler but he certainly has NFL potential. He has put up great numbers in 2007 and this Oklahoma game is huge for him.

we have 1 person who knows what he's talking about on this topic

San Diego Chicken
10-10-2007, 11:42 PM
He's a junior, so it's really not worth talking about his draft stock right now because there's no chance he comes out early. I do think he is one of the best 4 or 5 college QB's in the nation though.

VoteLynnSwan
10-11-2007, 12:16 AM
we have 1 person who knows what he's talking about on this topic

why bother asking a question if you won't accept anyone's answer that doesn't match your own?

I'll tell you why, because you just want to be gratified for being a homer.

holt_bruce81
10-11-2007, 12:21 AM
why bother asking a question if you won't accept anyone's answer that doesn't match your own?

I'll tell you why, because you just want to be gratified for being a homer.

no, i thought i would get a reasonable response.......theres no way Daniel is changing positions, have you seen him at QB? he has all the tools but height and people say he is a late round pick? and could change positions.......lol

JhawkFitness
10-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Having seen him in person I have doubts as to whether he is truly even 6'0". That said, he is a very good QB. Brings good mobilty, decision making, arm strength and great intangibles to the table. If I recall correctly both he and Todd Reesing, the QB from KU, were the Texas Player of the Year at their respective levels. Both are not the ideal height you'd like to see but they both have that winners mentality that helps elevate the play of those around them.

vatech=accdomination
10-11-2007, 10:55 AM
yeah, i heard he was more around the 5'10 5'11 range.

VoteLynnSwan
10-11-2007, 06:06 PM
no, i thought i would get a reasonable response.......theres no way Daniel is changing positions, have you seen him at QB? he has all the tools but height and people say he is a late round pick? and could change positions.......lol

if he's as athletic as you say he is, then it wouldn't be nearly as big a surprise if he played a different position in the NFL, especially if he's only 5'11, and runs a 4.5 forty.

You were one of the people who thought Brad Smith could play QB in the NFL... you probably said that he wouldn't have to change positions and looked how that worked out.

holt_bruce81
10-11-2007, 06:41 PM
if he's as athletic as you say he is, then it wouldn't be nearly as big a surprise if he played a different position in the NFL, especially if he's only 5'11, and runs a 4.5 forty.

You were one of the people who thought Brad Smith could play QB in the NFL... you probably said that he wouldn't have to change positions and looked how that worked out.

i said Brad Smith is the best "slash" player comming out of the 2005 draft when many people thought it was Reggie Mcneal or Michael Robinson and i also said Smith could be a backup QB or eventually start if given the chance........i believe i was right on both accounts, Smith did a nice job for the jets at QB during preseason and will continue to improve and he is their #3 WR right now, and a great special teams player........Daniel isnt 5'10, 5'11, he's 6'0 and he wont change postions because he is a QB, he has great mechanics, great arm strength, great touch, great accuracy, good speed and great leadership. he will NOT play another position in the nfl

Man_Of_Steel
10-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Hes 5'10. Not 6 foot.

Don Vito
10-11-2007, 09:10 PM
According to rivals he measured in at 6 feet 1/2 an inch at 214 pounds College Station NIKE Training Camp on May 1, 2004.

holt_bruce81
10-11-2007, 09:11 PM
he's 6'0, i gurantee it

BrownsTown
10-11-2007, 09:43 PM
I don't know if holtbruce has posted anything besides pimping a Mizzou player.

holt_bruce81
10-11-2007, 09:45 PM
I don't know if holtbruce has posted anything besides pimping a Mizzou player.

so, at least i know what i'm talking about

Smokey Joe
10-11-2007, 09:46 PM
if Rex Grossman can get drafted in the first being maybe 6 foot, I think Chase has a shot at having some team draft him first day...

BrownsTown
10-11-2007, 09:48 PM
so, at least i know what i'm talking about

This is funny. I must say I got a good laugh out of this.

holt_bruce81
10-11-2007, 09:51 PM
This is funny. I must say I got a good laugh out of this.

why is that funny?.......1 thing i said that i havent been correct on?

yo123
10-11-2007, 09:51 PM
if Rex Grossman can get drafted in the first being maybe 6 foot, I think Chase has a shot at having some team draft him first day...

Grossman was much more hyped up in college though playing for the Gators.

BrownsTown
10-11-2007, 09:52 PM
why is that funny?.......1 thing i said that i havent been correct on?

That Brad Smith wouldn't switch to WR.

holt_bruce81
10-11-2007, 09:55 PM
That Brad Smith wouldn't switch to WR.

i never said he wouldnt switch to WR, i said he would be a decent QB if given the chance and that he was the best slash player comming out in the 2005 draft, when many people thought Reggie Mcneal and Michael Robinson were better

BrownsTown
10-11-2007, 09:58 PM
i never said he wouldnt switch to WR, i said he would be a decent QB if given the chance and that he was the best slash player comming out in the 2005 draft, when many people thought Reggie Mcneal and Michael Robinson were better

I distinctly remember you saying he would be drafted first day as a QB guaranteed. He wasn't drafted first day, or as a QB.

holt_bruce81
10-11-2007, 09:59 PM
I distinctly remember you saying he would be drafted first day as a QB guaranteed. He wasn't drafted first day, or as a QB.

i said he would be drafted 3rd-4th round when many people thought he would be drafted 6th-7th or undrafted

Don Vito
10-11-2007, 09:59 PM
If Mizzou wins the Oklahoma game I think people will see him as a legitimate prospect in next years draft. If they don't win he has a year and a half (most likely) to further prove himself.

BrownsTown
10-11-2007, 10:01 PM
i said he would be drafted 3rd-4th round when many people thought he would be drafted 6th-7th or undrafted

Now you're just changing what you said...I really wish those old homer posts still existed.

holt_bruce81
10-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Now you're just changing what you said...I really wish those old homer posts still existed.

changing what i said?........dude you dont know what ur talking about.

jbeans187
10-12-2007, 01:30 AM
No way hes 6 feet tall, i got a class after him, i see him walk out every day

BrownsTown
10-12-2007, 10:47 AM
changing what i said?........dude you dont know what ur talking about.

Yes I do, you're saying what you said before is different than what you actually said. You didn't say 3rd-4th. You said first day for sure. I think you even said 2nd. Stop changing what you said so you look better now.

holt_bruce81
10-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Yes I do, you're saying what you said before is different than what you actually said. You didn't say 3rd-4th. You said first day for sure. I think you even said 2nd. Stop changing what you said so you look better now.

i said 3rd-4th round..........we can do this "you said this" crap all day, the truth is you dont know what i said and i do

BrownsTown
10-12-2007, 12:16 PM
i said 3rd-4th round..........we can do this "you said this" crap all day, the truth is you dont know what i said and i do

Obviously you don't. It's moot since neither of us can prove it anyway.

holt_bruce81
10-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Obviously you don't. It's moot since neither of us can prove it anyway.

exactly, so why bring it up?

BrownsTown
10-12-2007, 01:04 PM
exactly, so why bring it up?

Because you asked me to find one thing you were wrong on. That's one that jumps out.

If you want something different, I guess, you said Smith would be the steal of the draft. And that title belongs to Marques Colston. So there's an easy one.

nhlkdog411
10-12-2007, 02:12 PM
so how bout chase daniels?

sweetd20
10-12-2007, 04:48 PM

Actually a big reason they switched back was for Smith after he struggled the previous year when they tried to make him strictly a pocket passer. His numbers that year passing and running took a nose dive so they spread it back out and let him go back to making plays.

neko4
10-12-2007, 05:34 PM
He sounds like the dude from UAB

Race for the Heisman
10-12-2007, 05:41 PM
From a measurables perspective, Troy Smith was 6-0 even (maybe an extra 1/8 inch or two), checked in at 222, and ran 4.71 (I believe). His body of work was for the most part excellent, bar that night in Florida. If Daniel checks in at anything lower than 6-0 even, he will be second day regardless. If he is greater than or equal to 6-0 and comes out this year I see him between the second round and the fifth. Second if some team falls in love with him, later if his other measurables (weight, timed speed) are anything like (Troy) Smith's. A run on quarterbacks could boost his value in the third or fouth. If he stay I still see him in the same boat, where his play would probably merit a first day grade, maybe even first round, and his measurables would be the deciding factor between serious NFL prospect and 'let's take a flyer and see how he translates.'

steelernation77
10-12-2007, 11:10 PM
I realize that most of you like to dog on the Mizzou homer for pimping Daniel, and as a U of Iowa student I do not have an agenda in my opinion, but you really need to give Daniel a chance. To the poster who was comparing the hyping of Daniel to the hyping of Smith, its really not close. If you ever watch a Missouri game, you can just tell that the kid is special. He's very accurate and never gives up on plays. He does not look to run at the first sign of pressure, but he is definitely capable to take off. To those who are suggesting that he'd have to swtich positions, I'd ask you to go back and watch some Missouri games. The kid is an undeniably good passer. Personally, I'd take him over Troy Smith.

JhawkFitness
10-13-2007, 12:54 AM
I agree with Steelernation, as a KU alum even I can admit Daniels has that "it" factor. He is surrounded by talented players but he also elevates the play of those around him. He reminds me a bit of a collegiate Drew Brees.

By the way, just FYI for RftH, Smith ran a 4.77, Zwick was the OSU QB with the 4.71.

holt_bruce81
10-13-2007, 01:58 AM
I realize that most of you like to dog on the Mizzou homer for pimping Daniel, and as a U of Iowa student I do not have an agenda in my opinion, but you really need to give Daniel a chance. To the poster who was comparing the hyping of Daniel to the hyping of Smith, its really not close. If you ever watch a Missouri game, you can just tell that the kid is special. He's very accurate and never gives up on plays. He does not look to run at the first sign of pressure, but he is definitely capable to take off. To those who are suggesting that he'd have to swtich positions, I'd ask you to go back and watch some Missouri games. The kid is an undeniably good passer. Personally, I'd take him over Troy Smith.

smartest post in this thread! good job steelernation77!!! also Chase Daniel is 220-225 pounds, not 240