PDA

View Full Version : Ok So Far Thoughts For The Future!

bored of education
10-10-2007, 04:44 PM
the season is young.

CROYLE

I think START'EM. He isin't the most ethereal/cerebral guy so the longer we wait might be useless.

So putting him out there, developing his skills in an offense that isin't the most gun slinger esque should allow his maturity to grow quicker than sitting on the sidelines like Aaron Rogers.

I'm not worried about this year in terms of line, offense, etc. I know our D will end up being in the 7-13 range at season's end. Picking CB's 3rd/4th round and maybe picking up a younger guy along the way is a need. The development of DJ is amazing. The Allen situation is an issue and could be worse at seasons end (obviously if he is gone I think 1st round DE is a no brainer, no matter how our line and QB situation is) The safeties looked great. Tank is gonna be a force, Edwards looks good. Hali a beast. NAP HARRIS KILLING IT i think he has been alot better than i expected. and donnie is donnnie

So in other words my early mock is (with allen stayin as follows..then i'll do one where allen is toast Lets just say having the 10th pick of the draft!

1. Sam Baker OT, USC
2. Erik Ainge QB, Tenn. From what I seen of this kid he could be second best QB prospect, or most ready Qb prospect behind Ryan. I like Booty as a guy in the right system where we have 2 rbs running it 60% of the time and having to only make 18-24 throws a game.
3. Beau Bell- take Donnie's spot in a year or two and also take the palce of Bell and Key Fox since they are deemed useless.
4a. Charles Godfrey CB from Iowa (close to 1st rounder if he keeps playingthe way he is) or Chevis Jackson and Simeon Castille are two cover 2 type guys I like.
4b. Taj Smith(kid impresses me) or Eddie Royal a smaller guy that can spread the field smaller game breaker number two type. or if going biggger guy all hands type then Paul Hubbard got great hands, good body control etc.Ernie Wheelright from Minn. Reminds me of a TJ houshmanzoud type possesion automatic hands.
5. Shannon boatman T from FLA St. Big Athletic guy who is kinda raw.

Then I DONT KNOW

But if allen is toast then this is the 1st day look
1. Quentin Groves opposite Hali WOW
2. Tony Hills
3. then same CBs and pick up a QB like Morelli, Flynn, Flacco in round 4

even if Croyle does AVERAGE. Picking up a gamer like Flynn who can win, will help push Huard, Croyle in camp. Lighting a fire in they assss.!

bored of education
10-10-2007, 04:48 PM
6-10 to 9-7 this year. top 12 Defense.
LJ-1200 yards-8-10 tds. (oline please)
Kris Wilson a good H-back. Tony g older yet still nasty
D-Bowe- 60-75 receptions, 900-1100 yrds 6-8 tds
(oline)
improvement on offense via QB.
Samie Parker a solid number 3 guy esp with LJ, Kolby and Bennett and Wilson have been catching

bored of education
10-10-2007, 06:32 PM
i really think my thoughts will get clearer every two weeks. I dunno sometimes IM LOST!

T-RICH49
10-10-2007, 08:20 PM
I especially agree with your take on Croyle.making him wait when he has a favorable matchup vs Cincy is not helping.Herm Edwards is the biggest hypocryte in the NFL.He preaches giving younger guys a shot yet when it is time for Croyle he sticks with Huard.Which is it Herm stop talking out of both sides of your mouth

villagewarrior
10-11-2007, 01:04 AM
I especially agree with your take on Croyle.making him wait when he has a favorable matchup vs Cincy is not helping.Herm Edwards is the biggest hypocryte in the NFL.He preaches giving younger guys a shot yet when it is time for Croyle he sticks with Huard.Which is it Herm stop talking out of both sides of your mouth

I can understand a little hesitancy in starting a young QB. No other player on the field influences the game as much as the QB. So ripping Herm for not starting Croyle a year after giving two young safeties (just an example) is not much of a comparison.

T-RICH49
10-11-2007, 05:17 AM
I can understand a little hesitancy in starting a young QB. No other player on the field influences the game as much as the QB. So ripping Herm for not starting Croyle a year after giving two young safeties (just an example) is not much of a comparison.

but Croyle looked better on that one drive vs Jacksonville then Huard has all year

BPhilb
10-11-2007, 02:22 PM
That's not a fair assesment. The defense was playing soft only trying to ensure that there were no big plays. Any QB would have looked better on that drive given the same scenerio.

T-RICH49
10-11-2007, 02:26 PM
this offense needs a spark and Huard is not giving it to them.Croyle is more mobile, has a better arm and seems to have given them a spark when he comes in.And the drive he had vs the Bears was impressive as well.he was well on leading them on a scoring drive had Bennett not fumbled the ball.this team seems to respond better to Croyle when he is in then they are Huard but it may just be me

villagewarrior
10-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Croyle should be playing too, I just don't think you can call Herm a hypocrite for not starting him.

Billingsley26
10-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Im pretty sure I heard today on espn, that Croyle is going to start. I think it is good news. I think he is a better pure passer who can stretch the field than Huard was, so hopefully having Croyle pass, will open things up for LJ to get going.

BPhilb
10-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Overall I think we you are all right that he offers a heck of a lot more options for us ecpecially in throwing deep. My big fear is turnovers though as he appears prone to them at this point in his career and it's the one think I don't think we can recover from. I guess we won't know until he gets a chance but that part does make me nervous. These next two game are really important right now and hopefully we can build some momentum heading into the bye week.

villagewarrior
10-12-2007, 11:12 AM
So Scott's latest edition of the mock has us taking Woodson again. While I'm not necessarily opposed to that, I am becoming increasingly intrigued with Gosder Cherilus. I love BC offensive linemen, and this one seems like a really good one. At 6'7 320 he's got great size which I have recently prioritized in what I like in offensive linemen.

I think Svitek and Turley have all the athletic ability in the world, but they don't have enough bulk to be effective run blockers or to hold up against a strong bull rush. Cherilus I think won't have that problem, and at the very least should give us the very good right tackle we haven't had since John Tait.

Plus, he's got a sweet name. What's not to like?

Billingsley26
10-12-2007, 12:45 PM
So Scott's latest edition of the mock has us taking Woodson again. While I'm not necessarily opposed to that, I am becoming increasingly intrigued with Gosder Cherilus. I love BC offensive linemen, and this one seems like a really good one. At 6'7 320 he's got great size which I have recently prioritized in what I like in offensive linemen.

I think Svitek and Turley have all the athletic ability in the world, but they don't have enough bulk to be effective run blockers or to hold up against a strong bull rush. Cherilus I think won't have that problem, and at the very least should give us the very good right tackle we haven't had since John Tait.

Plus, he's got a sweet name. What's not to like?

Ya, I like Gosder too. I think theres a toss up between QB and OL right now, but I give OL the edge because we are yet to see what Croyle can do when hes given a shot in the regular season.

Hermstheman83
10-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Herm is a hypocrite? Dude, Tank Tyler, Turk, Pollard and Page are almost always on the field. (I know Pollard and Page are in their second years, but still young). I wouldn't start Croyle until Huard stops producing...

Also, I'm all for going OL this year in the first round. Then probably a CB in the second, and OLB to replace Donnie. Of course, I wonder if we pick up two CB's or two OL's this year since that has been our trend(DT's last year, safeties the year before....). Honestly, I'd like us to continue building the dominating defense, reincarnate from days of DT(RIP) and Smith.