PDA

View Full Version : The Official Bash Ted Ginn Jr Thread.

Joeyjr09
10-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Well I dunno about others around here but it's gets pretty annoying to see the immaturity of the comments that come out of people's mouths the very second the name Ted Ginn is mentioned. It even happens in threads that has nothing to do with him. I figured I'd open up a thread and let y'all get it out of your system.

I feel bad for the kid too. He's been basically condemned by people here the very second he was chosen. Like it's his fault he was taken so high. Maybe it's just me but I'm frustrated of seeing him get bashed all up on down these boards when guys like Robert Meachem can't even play well enough to see the field. How many of you all know that Ginn had a 52 yard kick return and a nice 36 yard reception last week? I'm willing to bet only a handful of you saw them.

But here you go guys, let the bashing begin.

skinzzfan25
10-10-2007, 09:55 PM
He could have been Brady Quinn, instead they got Trent 'scrambled brain' Green. Plus, there are lower round selections doing exactly/more than what he is doing. (Yamon Figures, and I forget some others)

Finz99
10-10-2007, 10:01 PM
I like Ted Ginn. and I liked the pick. Call me what you want, it's my opinion. I think he'll be good for the Dolphins.

Joeyjr09
10-10-2007, 10:01 PM
He could have been Brady Quinn, instead they got Trent 'scrambled brain' Green. Plus, there are lower round selections doing exactly/more than what he is doing. (Yamon Figures, and I forget some others)

So by that logic Quinn and Russell should be bashed just as much because Trent Edwards is doing alot more then they are and either one of those picks could have been Dwayne Bowe who is playing great. How come Quinn and Russell don't get torn apart by fans?

LonghornsLegend
10-10-2007, 10:05 PM
How many of you all know that Ginn had a 52 yard kick return and a nice 36 yard reception last week?

And that folks highlights his first month in the NFL...like ive said, people are probably upset because

A.) they needed a franchise qb, and quinn may end up being a bust but im sure they would of prefered to live and die with that pick more so then basically getting a special teams player

B.) Like ive said guys who were drafted ALOT later, have been doing exactly what the Dolphins wanted Ginn to do, except doing it ALOT better...jacoby jones will be a hell of alot better then Ginn, he already is a better punt returner, better with the ball in his hands, runs better routes, and in his minimal time at WR before he got hurt he was looking explosive as hell...Yamon Figurs is a better return guy, the list goes on and on...

not so much that Miami passed on Quinn, but for what they got with a top 10 pick, people were pissed off for a reason, Ginn has made no impact to their team, he hasnt even showed me brief flashes of brilliance, maybe a return that almost went to the house, or a few deep td passes, nothing...he looks slow out there, he's almost like reggie bush last yr in that he pays too much attention to running backwards and sideways and wont hit the hole...

i personally dont care how he turns out because its not my team, but I can feel for the fans...Id be pissed of my team took an average special teams guy at #9, Miami would of been better off drafting anything on defense, and taken any of the wrs who went late, and hell trade for Allen Rossum if your looking for a spark, dont use your top 10 pick on a guy who isnt going to make an impact...

is he a bust? No. Not yet, may never be, but has he shown ANYTHING on the field to show you a glimpse of what he has to offer one day? No. At least Bush did that his first year, ive yet to see anything exciting or noteworthy from Ginn

Finz99
10-10-2007, 10:12 PM
And that folks highlights his first month in the NFL...like ive said, people are probably upset because

A.) they needed a franchise qb, and quinn may end up being a bust but im sure they would of prefered to live and die with that pick more so then basically getting a special teams player

B.) Like ive said guys who were drafted ALOT later, have been doing exactly what the Dolphins wanted Ginn to do, except doing it ALOT better...jacoby jones will be a hell of alot better then Ginn, he already is a better punt returner, better with the ball in his hands, runs better routes, and in his minimal time at WR before he got hurt he was looking explosive as hell...Yamon Figurs is a better return guy, the list goes on and on...

not so much that Miami passed on Quinn, but for what they got with a top 10 pick, people were pissed off for a reason, Ginn has made no impact to their team, he hasnt even showed me brief flashes of brilliance, maybe a return that almost went to the house, or a few deep td passes, nothing...he looks slow out there, he's almost like reggie bush last yr in that he pays too much attention to running backwards and sideways and wont hit the hole...

i personally dont care how he turns out because its not my team, but I can feel for the fans...Id be pissed of my team took an average special teams guy at #9, Miami would of been better off drafting anything on defense, and taken any of the wrs who went late, and hell trade for Allen Rossum if your looking for a spark, dont use your top 10 pick on a guy who isnt going to make an impact...

is he a bust? No. Not yet, may never be, but has he shown ANYTHING on the field to show you a glimpse of what he has to offer one day? No. At least Bush did that his first year, ive yet to see anything exciting or noteworthy from Ginn

Because you've watched the games right? I've watched every single game this year, and the first 2 games Ginn didn't see the field other than Kick and Punt returns. If you didn't know we have one of the worst special teams coaches in the league. I can't stand the guy. There are no lanes. Yes I will say Ginn did a little dancing at the first couple games. But if you actually watched the Texans Dolphins game you would see 1) he's starting to get a lot better with his dancing, hence his 52 yard return. And 2) he was finally put on the field, and when he was out there he actually did well. He could of had a nice deep TD where he had seperation from the DB, but the ball was underthrown and the DB had a nice pass breakup. His 36 yard catch he had great hands and great speed to get seperation. He's playing well when put out at Wide reciever, but for some reason Cam doesn't want to put him out there.

Green Bay Scat
10-10-2007, 10:15 PM
i suggested this just so i dont have to see Teddy Ginn crap in other threads, so please if u want to bash him in anything just do it here, just say u did it here.

Nerv
10-10-2007, 10:15 PM
You should have gone to a better college Tedd Ginn. If you hadnt gone to Ohio State you would probably be awesome right now.

Green Bay Scat
10-10-2007, 10:19 PM
You should have gone to a better college Tedd Ginn. If you hadnt gone to Ohio State you would probably be awesome right now.

yea like cal....

draftguru151
10-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Ginn didn't catch the ball because he didn't get seperation from the DB. Then he tried to catch it with one hand because he couldn't adjust to the ball and catch it. While he's not terrible on returns like he was at the beginning of the year (he seriously looked like he was jogging) he isn't even close to being the best rookie return man. Good job he finally had one decent return, and he caught a wide open pass that anyone in the league would have been open on. Ginn sucks so far, others are doing better, thats why he's getting picked on. People hated the pick then, and Ginn sure isn't helping the cause. Can Ginn develop, sure, but making a thread because people bash him, OMG why are they so mean, STOP PICKING ON TED, WHAT DID HE EVER DO TO YOU. Our front office is probably the worst in football right now, the Ginn picked sucked, you hated it at first, don't support him now because people point out he's doing squat.

Joeyjr09
10-10-2007, 10:27 PM

So I guess none of the players drafted on defense during the 1st 4 rounder were good picks because Mark Anderson had a better rookie season then all of them. All 32 teams messed up their picks on defense last year before they passed on Mark Anderson. That's flawed logic. It's 5 games into the rookie season for all these players. Some people develope faster then others and in the NFL you can have anyone outplay anyone for a 5 game span. Did anyone really think Ward the RB from the Giants would be in the top 10 for rushing yards right now?

maybe a return that almost went to the house, or a few deep td passes, nothing...

Reggie Bush hadn't done anything like that at this time last season and he was considered the greatest thing since sliced bread. Why the double standard for Ginn?

is he a bust? No. Not yet, may never be, but has he shown ANYTHING on the field to show you a glimpse of what he has to offer one day? No.

You obviously have not watched a Dolphins game all season. You might not have seen flashes because you don't watch him. He looked good on his deep catch last game and his returns are slowly getting better and better. His speed is out of this world. I can't believe you said he looks slow out there. He has actually looked very fast on his routes and returns. He has shown flashes, his opportunities have just been very limited and he has been treated as the scape goat for the Dolphins being a bad team.

Joeyjr09
10-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Ginn didn't catch the ball because he didn't get seperation from the DB. Then he tried to catch it with one hand because he couldn't adjust to the ball and catch it. While he's not terrible on returns like he was at the beginning of the year (he seriously looked like he was jogging) he isn't even close to being the best rookie return man. Good job he finally had one decent return, and he caught a wide open pass that anyone in the league would have been open on. Ginn sucks so far, others are doing better, thats why he's getting picked on. People hated the pick then, and Ginn sure isn't helping the cause. Can Ginn develop, sure, but making a thread because people bash him, OMG why are they so mean, STOP PICKING ON TED, WHAT DID HE EVER DO TO YOU. Our front office is probably the worst in football right now, the Ginn picked sucked, you hated it at first, don't support him now because people point out he's doing squat.

My problem with Ginn getting picked on is that even though he hasn't done much, there are others that have done absolutely nothing. Meachem hasn't seen the field. Hell Russell didn't even sign his contract in time to play. Gaines Adams has done nothing. Just wondering why all the hate for Ted Ginn when others (some picked higher even) haven't done anything either.

Finz99
10-10-2007, 10:33 PM

dude I've supported him from the moment we drafted him. I don't flip flop like other people. And i'll continue to support him through his FIRST YEAR of professional football. If he turns out to be like Jason Allen, then oh well, I was wrong. If he turns out to be like Ronnie Brown, then hell yea. I'm not gonna flip out and lose faith in the pick I supported until he's atleast out of hsi first year.

Green Bay Scat
10-10-2007, 10:33 PM
My problem with Ginn getting picked on is that even though he hasn't done much, there are others that have done absolutely nothing. Meachem hasn't seen the field. Hell Russell didn't even sign his contract in time to play. Gaines Adams has done nothing. Just wondering why all the hate for Ted Ginn when others (some picked higher even) haven't done anything either.

its the fact they took such a big chance. I could care less cause hes not a packer or a cardinal

Joeyjr09
10-10-2007, 10:36 PM
dude I've supported him from the moment we drafted him. I don't flip flop like other people. And i'll continue to support him through his FIRST YEAR of professional football. If he turns out to be like Jason Allen, then oh well, I was wrong. If he turns out to be like Ronnie Brown, then hell yea. I'm not gonna flip out and lose faith in the pick I supported until he's atleast out of hsi first year.

He was talking about me. I hated that we picked Ginn over Quinn when it happened. But Ginn is on my team so I support him. I just think the way he gets trashed on here is out of hand.

kmartin575
10-10-2007, 10:46 PM

Steve Breaston

Man_Of_Steel
10-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Teds a nice guy, I played air hockey with him the other day, no need to bash him, especially this early into his rookie campaign.

Sniper
10-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Steve Breaston

Steve Breaston>Ted Ginn Jr.

Joeyjr09
10-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Steve Breaston>Ted Ginn Jr.

see these are the moronic posts I'm talking about. Breaston has less returns for less yards for a lower average then Ginn and has not a a return go nearly as long as Ginn's longest return. Plus Breaston isn't even remotely a threat on offense. Ginn has a future on offense.

San Diego Chicken
10-10-2007, 11:20 PM
The bashing of Ginn himself is probably premature, but it's absolutely prudent to question that pick and the Dolphins front office in general. They're 0-5. When you're 0-5, people tend to question the personnel desisions you make and taking a very raw WR and expecting him to have a Devin Hester type impact is very foolish, especially when you have a pro-ready starting QB staring you in the face. I don't care how much they liked Beck, Quinn passes the eye test of an NFL QB, Beck does not.

Vikes99ej
10-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Teds a nice guy, I played air hockey with him the other day, no need to bash him, especially this early into his rookie campaign.

That's pretty cool. Where did you do that at?

soybean
10-10-2007, 11:32 PM
so what... i got to play ping pong with tyler hansborough.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_m8AzP-S-ls

ps. don't click on that link, it's really boring.

TitanHope
10-10-2007, 11:43 PM
You act like Ginn is the only one who gets picked on. I've seen Russell (Signed late), Meachem (Hasn't played), Adams (0 sacks), Griffin (College safety moved to corner), and countless others. One person may have liked the pick, and another may not. It's the person's opinion, and its their right to voice it in whatever way they'd like. Who are you to say they're wrong? Instead of manking a thread about it, just confront the person in thread and prove them why they're wrong.

LonghornsLegend
10-10-2007, 11:58 PM
So I guess none of the players drafted on defense during the 1st 4 rounder were good picks because Mark Anderson had a better rookie season then all of them. All 32 teams messed up their picks on defense last year before they passed on Mark Anderson. That's flawed logic. It's 5 games into the rookie season for all these players. Some people develope faster then others and in the NFL you can have anyone outplay anyone for a 5 game span. Did anyone really think Ward the RB from the Giants would be in the top 10 for rushing yards right now?

Reggie Bush hadn't done anything like that at this time last season and he was considered the greatest thing since sliced bread. Why the double standard for Ginn?

You obviously have not watched a Dolphins game all season. You might not have seen flashes because you don't watch him. He looked good on his deep catch last game and his returns are slowly getting better and better. His speed is out of this world. I can't believe you said he looks slow out there. He has actually looked very fast on his routes and returns. He has shown flashes, his opportunities have just been very limited and he has been treated as the scape goat for the Dolphins being a bad team.

i really dont care about all that you just talked about, do you really think he was the right pick for your team??? It was already stated Cam doesnt even have him at WR half the time, minimizing his use, and like DG stated, on ALOT of his returns, he looked like he was jogging, literally, he's alot faster then that so im not sure what hes doing...

but what do I know, Ginn has a 52 yd return, and a 32 yd catch in 5 weeks...congratulations *applause* the Dolphins have a winner

Fact is, it was a bad pick at the time, and it was a reach, and Ginn isnt helping looking average at best...what was he drafted for, the 5 year program? Yes he will get a pass for the next 3 years because no one typically calls a WR a bust before then, but obviously for being drafted at 9, you would at the least like to see an immediate impact on special teams, we shouldnt have to wait 2 years to see him show something, since thats what he was drafted for in the first place

Sniper
10-11-2007, 12:17 AM
see these are the moronic posts I'm talking about. Breaston has less returns for less yards for a lower average then Ginn and has not a a return go nearly as long as Ginn's longest return. Plus Breaston isn't even remotely a threat on offense. Ginn has a future on offense.

Ted Ginn Jr. kick return stats: 20 ret, 505 yards, 25.3 ypr, 0 TD
Steve Breaston kick return stats: 9 ret, 225 yards, 25.0 ypr, 0 TD
Ted Ginn Jr. punt return stats: 9 ret, 63 yards, 7.0 ypr, 0 TD
Steve Breaston punt return stats: 14 ret, 185 yards, 13.2 ypr, 1 TD

Before you put your foot in your mouth next time and end up looking like a complete moron when your opinion is proven wrong, make sure you know what you're talking about. Ginn and Breaston are essentially tied in kick returns and Breaston almost doubles Ginn in punt return yardage and has the only TD between the two. Throw in the fact that Breaston plays on a team with two disgusting receivers, making it harder for him to see PT, and yes, Breaston is better than Ginn. Good try though, sorry your boy isn't that good.

Turtlepower
10-11-2007, 12:20 AM

Before you put your foot in your mouth next time and end up looking like a complete moron when your opinion is proven wrong, make sure you know what you're talking about. Ginn and Breaston are essentially tied in kick returns and Breaston almost doubles Ginn in punt return yardage and has the only TD between the two. Throw in the fact that Breaston plays on a team with two disgusting receivers, making it harder for him to see PT, and yes, Breaston is better than Ginn. Good try though, sorry your boy isn't that good.

I said before this year that Breaston is a better returner than Ginn and I was flammed by everyone (except Sniper of course). Ginn will never be more than a slot receiver. =D

Sniper
10-11-2007, 12:25 AM
I said before this year that Breaston is a better returner than Ginn and I was flammed by everyone (except Sniper of course). Ginn will never be more than a slot receiver. =D

Haha thanks bud. Joeyjr that's cute how you think your rep does something. Ginn is just such a sloppy route runner, he's got no awareness as a receiver, isn't a good blocker. (Yes, Ohio State fans, I know he's only been a wideout for 3 years, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to run more than 4-5 routes) Considering where he got picked and where Breaston got picked, Breaston was, as I have said numerous times before, a better value pick from a draft spot to production to money paid out ratio.

Hawk
10-11-2007, 12:28 AM
had he not been such a reach and picked in the late 1st early 2nd, where he belonged, no one would care. but now he's in the spotlight and he's gonna be criticized

Turtlepower
10-11-2007, 12:29 AM
had he not been such a reach and picked in the late 1st early 2nd, where he belonged, no one would care. but now he's in the spotlight and he's gonna be criticized

Exactly... He should have gone to the Titans at #19!!!

Sniper
10-11-2007, 12:30 AM

Ginn was not a first/2nd round talent. He put up eerily similar numbers to Steve Breaston in college, what exactly would make him worthy of a 1/2 pick when Breaston wasn't besides a sick 40 time.

Nerv
10-11-2007, 12:52 AM
While I love Steve Breaston & dislike Tedd Ginn & find the comparisons between the two funny, I would still rather have Teddy in the long haul. Breaston might be a better return man at the time but he has a 0.0000% shot of developing into even a slot WR. He actually got worse as a WR year by year at Michigan.

Sniper
10-11-2007, 12:58 AM
While I love Steve Breaston & dislike Tedd Ginn & find the comparisons between the two funny, I would still rather have Teddy in the long haul. Breaston might be a better return man at the time but he has a 0.0000% shot of developing into even a slot WR. He actually got worse as a WR year by year at Michigan.

Well, he was pretty good his senior year, amassing 58 grabs for 670 yards (11.6 ypc) and 2 TD. He could end up being a slot guy, but honestly, you're right, he probably won't. As far as short term impact, they have both been essentially only asked to return the ball, and Breaston has been better

LonghornsLegend
10-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Breaston has less returns for less yards for a lower average then Ginn and has not a a return go nearly as long as Ginn's longest return.

OWNED lol...thats what happens when people run off at the mouth with no idea what their talking about, but just to add to it...

Jacoby Jones punt return stats: 8 ret, 132 yds, 16.5 ypr, long 74...this was before he got hurt
Yamon Figurs punt return stats: 6 ret, 103 yds, 17.2 ypr, 75 long, 1 td

BigDawg819
10-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Ted Ginn sucks and this thread is a joke. Hell the Dolphins are a joke.

Yamon Figurs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ted Ginn

drowe
10-11-2007, 10:33 AM

so, ya started a thread for the sole purpose of giving people a place to bash Tedd Ginn, but when people do, you whine anyway and call the posts moronic. kinda going back on the reason ya started this thread dude.

PS....The dump i just took>Tedd Ginn

:)

stephenson86
10-11-2007, 10:39 AM
hold on, why do people feel the need to attack someone who NEVER EVER raved about himself saying hed be a top 10 pick the next best thing, who all he is doing is trying to become a better footballer and is being condemmed by some because a stupid front office picked the guy WAY before any one expected

keylime_5
10-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Why do we need a thread for this? This is the Bash Ted Ginn message board.

yodabear
10-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Ted Ginn sucks and this thread is a joke. Hell the Dolphins are a joke.

Yamon Figurs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ted Ginn

U know what else is a joke, the St. Louis Rams.

LSU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> St. Louis Rams

gstock05
10-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Bashing a rookie for not being an all star in the first five games is as ******** as argueing over the internet.

Do me a favor and look at Santonio Holmes' reception yards at this point last season. He turned out alright...

yodabear
10-11-2007, 12:06 PM
And like others have said, he wasn't a top ten pick. He was chosen in the top ten, but he shouldn't have been, and he will always be scruntinized because of Cameron's and others mistake.

KCJ58
10-11-2007, 12:19 PM
I like Ted Ginn Jr. he always gets +10 points a week in my fantasy league

ccB
10-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Teddy is a victim of circumstance, its not his fault the Dolphins reached when they picked him. Bash the Dolphins scouting department and not Ted.

Shiver
10-11-2007, 01:01 PM
All I know is the Texans are very fortunate Miami took him. Reportedly they were planning on taking Ginn Jr., and had to "settle" for Amobi Okoye.

Sniper
10-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Bashing a rookie for not being an all star in the first five games is as ******** as argueing over the internet.

Do me a favor and look at Santonio Holmes' reception yards at this point last season. He turned out alright...

And if you actually think Ted Ginn is half the receiver Holmes is/was, you're delusional.

BigDawg819
10-11-2007, 01:18 PM
BOO Miami Scouting Department!

umphrey
10-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Why bash picks because guys chosen later are doing better? You could do that to 98% of the picks for every single draft, not to mention that it doesn't even make sense because most GMs look for guys who fit their scheme in addition to being a quality player.

However I still think the Ginn pick was stupid because they took a kick returner 7th overall...and they were stupid if they ever thought Ginn would be a dominant WR or even a quality #1 in the NFL. Not to mention the fact that elite QB >>> elite WR (Quinn).

BigDawg819
10-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Why bash picks because guys chosen later are doing better? You could do that to 98% of the picks for every single draft, not to mention that it doesn't even make sense because most GMs look for guys who fit their scheme in addition to being a quality player.

However I still think the Ginn pick was stupid because they took a kick returner 7th overall...and they were stupid if they ever thought Ginn would be a dominant WR or even a quality #1 in the NFL. Not to mention the fact that elite QB >>> elite WR (Quinn).

This post might actually have some merit if you knew that Ginn was the 9th pick in the draft. :rolleyes:

vatech=accdomination
10-11-2007, 02:18 PM
He is still my favorite draft pick of all time, the fans reactions were priceless.

BigDawg819
10-11-2007, 02:23 PM
He is still my favorite draft pick of all time, the fans reactions were priceless.

Reminiscent of the Philly Fans reaction to McNabb.

DChess
10-11-2007, 02:32 PM

2nd best school in the 2000's behind usc, yeah thats awful i mean he could play for a team who can't beat their rival, or win a bowl game. or how about a team who loses to a d-1aa team, if only he could play for a prestigious program like that.

Moses
10-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Was the pick bad? Yes. Could it work out? Definitely. I don't see a reason why Ginn Jr. can't develop into a quality WR. He has the tools. It's just a matter of getting experience. I refuse to declare him a bust until after his 3rd season.

Shiver
10-11-2007, 02:40 PM

As was Cameron's justifying the pick by saying he has a great family and will be a great returner, only to get more boos.. LOL

DChess
10-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Ginn was not a first/2nd round talent. He put up eerily similar numbers to Steve Breaston in college, what exactly would make him worthy of a 1/2 pick when Breaston wasn't besides a sick 40 time.

this is getting ridiculous. The kid has insane speed, and probably one of the best game speeds. his junior year was his third year playing the WR postion, and he was a dominant player freshman-junior. with 5 returns as a frshman. as a junior he dominated aaron ross, scored a td on leon hall, and just tore up sedcondarys. theres no possible way you can tell me he isnt a 1st round talent. he was injured for the most part of mini camp and hes just starting to get full strength. this just makes me so angry that somebody would say this.

Sniper
10-11-2007, 02:45 PM
this is getting ridiculous. The kid has insane speed, and probably one of the best game speeds. his junior year was his third year playing the WR postion, and he was a dominant player freshman-junior. with 5 returns as a frshman. as a junior he dominated aaron ross, scored a td on leon hall, and just tore up sedcondarys. theres no possible way you can tell me he isnt a 1st round talent. he was injured for the most part of mini camp and hes just starting to get full strength. this just makes me so angry that somebody would say this.

So because he's only a third year wideout, that means he should only know how to run a deep route, deep post, bubble screen and end around? Admittedly, the Breaston comparison was off, but I was only pointing out their production last season. He's a glorified returner. Devin Hester is 5x the returner Ginn is and got picked in the second round, so yes, I can say he's not a first rounder.

DChess
10-11-2007, 02:51 PM
So because he's only a third year wideout, that means he should only know how to run a deep route, deep post, bubble screen and end around? Admittedly, the Breaston comparison was off, but I was only pointing out their production last season. He's a glorified returner. Devin Hester is 5x the returner Ginn is and got picked in the second round, so yes, I can say he's not a first rounder.

yes, to an extent. thats all ohio st needed him to do. stretch the field. in the draft you're drafting a prospect, ala matt jones. i agree ginn isnt the guy who toss the ball to across the middle of the field, but with time, he should develop into the pick he was. whenever you can draft a guy who can take it to the house on any given play, you have a good player.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Yamon Figurs>>>>>Ted Ginn Jr.

BigDawg819
10-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Yamon Figurs>>>>>Ted Ginn Jr.

That's 2 for Yamon.........MOTION CARRIED! :D

Jakey
10-11-2007, 04:06 PM
I dont think its fair to bash Ginn, its not his fault the Dolphins reached for him:roll:. If you wanna bash anyone it should be the Dolphins Scouting personel and their coaches. Its them that made the decision. So heres to bashing the Dolphins staff! :D

umphrey
10-11-2007, 05:22 PM
This post might actually have some merit if you knew that Ginn was the 9th pick in the draft. :rolleyes:

You're right, my opinion is completely worthless because I didn't look up the # pick he was and was off by 2 :rolleyes:

The Great Jonathan Vilma
10-11-2007, 05:35 PM
hey joeyJr, maybe you should have been here before the season and shut up one of your dolphin fan buds who did nothing but praise him and run his mouth about how damn good the Phins draft was. WAY BETTER THAN THE JETS..............give me a break

i realize this has nothing to do with you, but when you create a thread about bashing Ted Ginn, well, you get what comes with it.

draftguru151
10-11-2007, 06:34 PM

He actually can't even do that right.

vatech=accdomination
10-11-2007, 06:38 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QcR9gNIAIvk

even quinn was suprised.

no love
10-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I dont think its fair to bash Ginn, its not his fault the Dolphins reached for him:roll:. If you wanna bash anyone it should be the Dolphins Scouting personel and their coaches. Its them that made the decision. So heres to bashing the Dolphins staff! :D

Gee that 0/3 with their big offseason moves (Ginn, Green and Porter) and really it's going to be a very painful 0/4 if Culpepper plays well and a very painful 0/5 if Harrington plays with more consistency (they gave up this years 5th for him). Wes Welker has been great in NE although I hear good things about Satele so that might be a wash.

It is for this reason that I don't have a lot of faith that Beck will be good. It just seems like there is so many things wrong... What is going on with the Dolphins scouting????

ShutDwn
10-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Ginn is like a little girl who's Father wanted a boy so that he could play sports with him and live his life through him. The father being the fan base.

yodabear
10-11-2007, 08:16 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=y2Cn91riFzg&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R2C1DRdEzAg&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wkB1fRDdfGI&mode=related&search=.....this might be the best

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5SN3AbRcxIs&mode=related&search=

That is all.

LonghornsLegend
10-11-2007, 08:34 PM

even quinn was suprised.

can anyone tell what he mouthed after the dolphins picke ginn, i couldnt read his lips...

what was even more classic was his girls face when quinn kept sliding lol

draftguru151
10-11-2007, 08:38 PM
He said "that's a suprise".

And thanks for that Yoda, I really needed to be reminded about that. Thank goodness no one had a camera in my house.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
10-11-2007, 08:40 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=y2Cn91riFzg&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R2C1DRdEzAg&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wkB1fRDdfGI&mode=related&search=.....this might be the best

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5SN3AbRcxIs&mode=related&search=

That is all.

haha. All classics

Green Bay Scat
10-11-2007, 08:49 PM
i wonder how he wouldve been as a Corner

yodabear
10-11-2007, 08:50 PM
He said "that's a suprise".

And thanks for that Yoda, I really needed to be reminded about that. Thank goodness no one had a camera in my house.

Sorry man, had to do it. Had to pick on some1 else besides my Rams, our teams will be playing in the super bowl right DG?

scottyboy
10-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Sorry man, had to do it. Had to pick on some1 else besides my Rams, our teams will be playing in the super bowl right DG?

yes Ted Ginn will eventually carry the phins to the super bowl, and Brian Leonard will carry the Rams.

draftguru151
10-11-2007, 08:58 PM

More like the 1st pick bowl.

neko4
10-11-2007, 09:08 PM
So by that logic Quinn and Russell should be bashed just as much because Trent Edwards is doing alot more then they are and either one of those picks could have been Dwayne Bowe who is playing great. How come Quinn and Russell don't get torn apart by fans?
I know this was posted awhile ago but...
Quinn has Anderson infront of him who has played nicely (or better than any QB has since they were brought back to the NFL)
Russell has Culpepper and McCown infront of him
Edwards got the job due to injury

Sniper
10-11-2007, 09:37 PM
i wonder how he wouldve been as a Corner

I don't know, but I do know he was the #2 overall player in the country as a CB out of HS and the #1 CB. Some guy named Adrian Peterson was #1 overall

Joeyjr09
10-11-2007, 11:13 PM
I know this was posted awhile ago but...
Quinn has Anderson infront of him who has played nicely (or better than any QB has since they were brought back to the NFL)
Russell has Culpepper and McCown infront of him
Edwards got the job due to injury

Ginn has Chris Chambers, Marty Booker and Derrick Hagan in front of him. How is that any different from those guys having players in front of them? It's not like Culpepper and McCown have done much and Derrick Anderson was a journeyman up until he had a few good games earlier this year. I don't see the difference.

Flyboy
10-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Why do we need a thread for this? This is the Bash Ted Ginn message board.

Nah. More like the Bash Reggie Bush forums. Ginn is a close second, though.

Turtlepower
10-12-2007, 12:14 AM

There have always been and still are people who love Reggie Bush.

I would say 9/10 people expected Ginn to fail.

Dolfan2788
10-12-2007, 02:36 AM
I couldn't be bothered to read all the posts on pages 2 and 3 but here is the big thing with Ginn being "The right pick for the Dolphins" instead of Quinn.

Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller, who both know what they like and want, both liked Beck better than Brady Quinn....omg what massive ******* shock
If anyone of you were real draftniks like you say you are you would know that they were trying to trade down into the first round to get John Beck even when Brady Quinn was still on the board before the 22nd pick.

Hmm, what's that you say? The Dolphins got their franchise QB of the future and an explosive return man who is arguably the fastest man in the NFL? That's not bad now that I think about it...

Green Bay Scat
10-12-2007, 03:40 AM

thats just cause ur a NO fan, im just glad no one hates Vandy, but thats cause we suck....

BigDawg819
10-12-2007, 08:09 AM
I couldn't be bothered to read all the posts on pages 2 and 3 but here is the big thing with Ginn being "The right pick for the Dolphins" instead of Quinn.

Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller, who both know what they like and want, both liked Beck better than Brady Quinn....omg what massive ******* shock
If anyone of you were real draftniks like you say you are you would know that they were trying to trade down into the first round to get John Beck even when Brady Quinn was still on the board before the 22nd pick.

Hmm, what's that you say? The Dolphins got their franchise QB of the future and an explosive return man who is arguably the fastest man in the NFL? That's not bad now that I think about it...

1) Yamon Figurs is faster then Ted Ginn

2) Yamon Figurs is a better returner then Ted Ginn

3) The Dolphins still made the wrong ******* pick! Try and justify it all you want it was the wrong pick. Randy Mueller is on extremely thin ice and doesn't actually have a decent track record of drafting well. He blew it yet again and the Dolphins are realizing it with each passing week.

4) Yamon Figurs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ted Ginn

Sniper
10-12-2007, 08:32 AM

3) The Dolphins still made the wrong ******* pick! Try and justify it all you want it was the wrong pick. Randy Mueller is on extremely thin ice and doesn't actually have a decent track record of drafting well. He blew it yet again and the Dolphins are realizing it with each passing week.

You could also replace Yamon Figurs with Steve Breaston, and it would also be accurate, except for #1

BigDawg819
10-12-2007, 08:35 AM
You could also replace Yamon Figurs with Steve Breaston, and it would also be accurate, except for #1

Yeah thats why I went with Yamon among other reasons:

1) Its just fun to type and say Yamon, and yes everytime I type Yamon I say Yamon. Its really a fun name.

2) I'm a Ravens fan so yeah its self explanatory.

bigbluedefense
10-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Look, passing on Quinn isn't the thing that people are killing the Dolphins about. It makes sense for them to pass Quinn, albeit I don't agree with them.

Cameron needs accurate passers in his system, Beck was pegged as more accurate, and reminded him of Drew Brees. Quinn had major accuracy concerns coming out. So why draft an inaccurate qb into a system that requires a very accurate one? Doesn't make sense.

I personally don't agree with that logic because I think Quinn is accurate, and his inaccuracies were blown out of proportion. While I also love Beck, and personally had him as the #2 qb coming out this year (I had Edwards as the #3 qb, and Russell at 4), i don't think he's better than Quinn.

Having that said, passing on Quinn wasn't the mistake. The mistake was taking Ted Ginn Jr. They couldve went so many different ways instead of Ginn. Okeye, a CB, a safety, a real WR, the list goes on and on.

Why on earth would you take a return man with a top 10 pick? That is moronic. Unless Ginn shapes up to be the 2nd best WR in this draft (i highly doubt it), this pick will always be considered a collasal mistake. Not because they didn't choose Quinn, but because they chose Ginn.

BigDawg819
10-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Why on earth would you take a return man with a top 10 pick?

Its called the Devin Hester effect and it cost the Dolphins dearly. The Ravens did a similar thing with the selection of Yamon Figurs, but at least they waited until the 3rd round of the draft to select him.

robert_in_bigd
10-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Look, passing on Quinn isn't the thing that people are killing the Dolphins about. It makes sense for them to pass Quinn, albeit I don't agree with them.

Cameron needs accurate passers in his system, Beck was pegged as more accurate, and reminded him of Drew Brees. Quinn had major accuracy concerns coming out. So why draft an inaccurate qb into a system that requires a very accurate one? Doesn't make sense.

I personally don't agree with that logic because I think Quinn is accurate, and his inaccuracies were blown out of proportion. While I also love Beck, and personally had him as the #2 qb coming out this year (I had Edwards as the #3 qb, and Russell at 4), i don't think he's better than Quinn.

Having that said, passing on Quinn wasn't the mistake. The mistake was taking Ted Ginn Jr. They couldve went so many different ways instead of Ginn. Okeye, a CB, a safety, a real WR, the list goes on and on.

Why on earth would you take a return man with a top 10 pick? That is moronic. Unless Ginn shapes up to be the 2nd best WR in this draft (i highly doubt it), this pick will always be considered a collasal mistake. Not because they didn't choose Quinn, but because they chose Ginn.

Good post. Steve Breaston was just as good an option. So was Yamon. They drank the koolaid. Happens every draft on a player with "measurables" and buzz.

Fact is pure production there were better guys in Round 2. Previous draft(s) was Vernon Davis. Very talented guy but a 6"2 TE in today's NFL? Maybe but number 6 in the draft?

Teams just get caught up in the noise. Ginn will be fine but not a 9 pick.

BlindSite
10-12-2007, 06:02 PM

Yeah but look at steve Smith, 3rd round return man, now one of if not the most vaunted receivers in the NFL.

BigDawg819
10-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Yeah but look at steve Smith, 3rd round return man, now one of if not the most vaunted receivers in the NFL.

Way to miss the jist of the bbd's post. Steve Smith wasn't a top 10 pick nor should he have been, much like Ginn.

no love
10-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Yah but Smith was taken as 12th pick in the 3rd round not the 9th pick in the first. You don't pick a return man high with the hopes of him becoming a elite wr period, Miami obviously thinks Ginn is going to be an elite wr. But who on earth would trust the decision making of their scouting department right now.

Smith is obviously the exception and not the rule.

Sniper
10-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Good post. Steve Breaston was just as good an option. So was Yamon. They drank the koolaid. Happens every draft on a player with "measurables" and buzz.

Fact is pure production there were better guys in Round 2. Previous draft(s) was Vernon Davis. Very talented guy but a 6"2 TE in today's NFL? Maybe but number 6 in the draft?

Davis has also been injured and playing on a team who's offense resembles the Raiders' offense from the past two years.

draftguru151
10-12-2007, 06:57 PM

What measurables? You mean his average height and sub par weight? Or was it the blazing 40 he didn't run? Ginn was drafted at 9 because of what the Dolphins saw him do on the field, it had nothing to do with measurables.

Sniper
10-12-2007, 06:58 PM
What measurables? You mean his average height and sub par weight? Or was it the blazing 40 he didn't run? Ginn was drafted at 9 because of what the Dolphins saw him do on the field, it had nothing to do with measurables.

What's his 40 rumored to be? High 4.2s?

10-12-2007, 07:21 PM

another reason why the fins will have the top pick this year... they actually think john beck is a franchise QB haha

Sniper
10-12-2007, 07:24 PM
another reason why the fins will have the top pick this year... they actually think john beck is a franchise QB haha

You never know....Tom Brady was a 6th round pick

The Legend
10-12-2007, 07:25 PM
give Ginn a chance for god sake

Sniper
10-12-2007, 07:30 PM
give Ginn a chance for god sake

You're right, we should. If this were a Michigan or Eagles player I'd be defending him until I was blue in the face. But it's just so much fun to make fun of him! ;)

no love
10-12-2007, 07:37 PM

Vernon Davis measured in at 6'3" and a half. Btw, Alge Crumpler is 6'2" and Chris Cooley is 6'3"

Not that it matters because he does more for the 49ers offense than a WR would have anyways.

The 49ers have a power running game and a elite TE is more important to a power run team than a WR. Vernon Davis is one of the most athletically gifted TE's to ever come out from a strength standpoint as well. Coaches have really liked what he brings as a run blocker. Just think if you could have a guy that had strength like some linemen but could be a receiver as well.

You can't overlook what a TE brings to an offense just because your average TE is only getting maybe 30 yds a game.

As far as productions goes. He has been hurt for over 1/3 of his NFL career so far. Not a lot you can do about that.

10-12-2007, 07:38 PM
You never know....Tom Brady was a 6th round pick

john beck doesnt have the necessary arm strength to succeed in the NFL..brady is just one of those things you cant explain

Sniper
10-12-2007, 07:39 PM
As far as productions goes. He has been hurt for over 1/3 of his NFL career so far. Not a lot you can do about that.
And Alex Smith has regressed

draftguru151
10-12-2007, 07:42 PM
I have infinitely more faith in John Beck being worth the pick than Ginn being worth the pick.

BrownsTown
10-12-2007, 07:46 PM
john beck doesnt have the necessary arm strength to succeed in the NFL..brady is just one of those things you cant explain

John Beck is the lord, you shall not say bad things about him.

10-12-2007, 07:48 PM
maybe they should move ginn back to the position he played in high school -> CB..miami could use some DBs right now lol ;)

McBain
10-12-2007, 07:54 PM
byu always produces over-rated players.. Steve Young being the lone exception.

Sniper
10-12-2007, 07:57 PM

Fair Catch Reno Mahe is offended...

BrownsTown
10-12-2007, 07:59 PM

Your face is overrated.

Dolfan2788
10-12-2007, 10:24 PM

I'll ask one question and it will basically nullify the entire argument of #3. How do you justify the comments? lol

You gave absolutely no reasons for why it was the wrong pick. Second to that is the fact that no-one can tell what was or wasn't the right pick for anyone in the draft so far BECAUSE THE SEASON IS ONLY 6 GAMES OLD.
By the way Figurs is neighter faster nor a better returner than Ted Ginn. Watch Ginn this weekend blow all this ******** rhetoric out of the water.

BrownsTown
10-12-2007, 10:27 PM
I'll ask one question and it will basically nullify the entire argument of #3. How do you justify the comments? lol

You gave absolutely no reasons for why it was the wrong pick. Second to that is the fact that no-one can tell what was or wasn't the right pick for anyone in the draft so far BECAUSE THE SEASON IS ONLY 6 GAMES OLD.
By the way Figurs is neighter faster nor a better returner than Ted Ginn. Watch Ginn this weekend blow all this ******** rhetoric out of the water.

Figurs is better than Ginn so far on the basis of the fact that he hasn't sucked horrible.

Sniper
10-12-2007, 10:33 PM

Figurs is, in fact, both faster and a better returner than Ginn. Wanna know why he's a better returner? These crazy things called stats

Yung Flippa
10-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Yamon Figurs >> Ted Ginn

BigDawg819
10-13-2007, 01:16 AM

Yamon's 40 time at the combine and his stats as a NFL returner say otherwise.

OWNED!

Yamon Figurs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ted Ginn

PoopSandwich
10-13-2007, 01:20 AM
I think saying Figurs >>> Ginn makes it a bad pick is stupid... Why?

Because Tom Brady >>> anyone else in that draft pick doesn't make every pick in front of it a bad pick...

Figurs is the man though. Before the draft I thought his name was sweet and he ran fast so I wanted to see where he'd go, and of course he went to Baltimore :(

Finz99
10-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Now if you can really say Ted Ginn is a bust, or a dumb pick after the game, then your just plain dumb. He had a great game, and if it wasn't for the morons that don't understand how not to hold, he would have had a 2 50+ kick return and a kick return for a touchdown. To go along with 1 catch for 32 yards. and if Cleo didn't suck than another catch for a good amount of yards. He proved that he isn't worthless, and in fact is going to be a great player for the dolphins.

draftguru151
10-14-2007, 03:25 PM
While he is on his way to becoming a great return man (150 yards and a TD called back) that game hardly proves anything about him as a receiver, or about that being a good pick.

BrownsTown
10-14-2007, 03:35 PM
While he is on his way to becoming a great return man (150 yards and a TD called back) that game hardly proves anything about him as a receiver, or about that being a good pick.

150 yards on how many returns? The Browns scored 41 points, I imagine he's gonna get a good amount of yards.

draftguru151
10-14-2007, 03:40 PM
On 2, he had a 96 and a 50+ yarder called back.

PoopSandwich
10-14-2007, 04:14 PM
He also was wide open and Lemon missed him or he would have went for a long gain...

I was at the game, it didn't seem like they threw to Ginn very much, or that he was in very much...

They need to use him more especially against the Browns, speed guys KILL us.

remix 6
10-14-2007, 04:48 PM
On 2, he had a 96 and a 50+ yarder called back.

theres a reason it got called back. they held or had an illegal block. that usually springs a player for more yards. thats why its a penalty and thats why it gets called back. think of how many more TDs players can get if they didnt get held back

PoopSandwich
10-14-2007, 05:00 PM
theres a reason it got called back. they held or had an illegal block. that usually springs a player for more yards. thats why its a penalty and thats why it gets called back. think of how many more TDs players can get if they didnt get held back

If they blocked properly there would be no flag ;)

gstock05
10-14-2007, 06:05 PM

It was away from the play. Had no effect on the actual return.

I dont understand why Miami hasn't started Ginn more. You would think with his explosiveness they would at least get him on offense as he's the only thing close to a gamebreaker they have at receiver. Chambers is consistent, but never dominant. Should be a #2 despite his stats. Booker is the same, except not as talented as Chambers. Ginn needs to see some quick outs, screens, and then the deep passes need to go through him, not chambers.

angelsdontkill
10-14-2007, 06:25 PM
If Ginn had more playing time, he'd be doing a lot better.

They rarely ever put him in the game.

Contr0versy
10-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Ted Ginn suxs, as does Cam Cameron, as does the Dolphins. Miami won't win a single game this season. Lol

Shiver
10-14-2007, 11:24 PM
People argued with me when I said Miami would be one of the three worst teams in football. Ronnie Brown is the only thing going well for them at this point.

Dolfan2788
10-15-2007, 01:40 AM
People argued with me when I said Miami would be one of the three worst teams in football. Ronnie Brown is the only thing going well for them at this point.

If we still had our defense playing the same as they did last year we would be doing just fine. However that's not the case. Offense has improved greatly though which is good and is mainly due to Ronnie Brown.

On topic though, Ginn had a good game today. He laid a couple of key blocks on 3rd down to help spring Ronnie. He should have had a TD return but that ******* scrub Hagan held when it didn't even matter to the play. He also had one really nice grab for 30 yards and should have had another when he was wide open with 20 yards to run before he met someone until Lemon threw the ball behind him.

Receivers usually don't flourish in their 1st years and the historical stats tell us this story over and over again but Ginn is progressing very well and is just stuck behind Chambers and Booker. IMO though he should be the 2 receiver on the depth chart. Overall if a guy starts producing 70 yard receiving games like he should have had today and a return for a TD then you would say that the guy is making progress and isn't a bust.

God I hate some of our players that hold back Ginn and Brown at the moment.

BTW Brown has 882 yards from scrimmage so far this year and had his 4th 100 yd rushing game.

Flyboy
10-15-2007, 02:06 AM
BTW Brown has 882 yards from scrimmage so far this year and had his 4th 100 yd rushing game.

Just pure beastly thus far.

Turtlepower
10-15-2007, 02:09 AM
Just pure beastly thus far.

What are you talking about? He's the bust and Cadillac is the Pro Bowl RB. =D

Contr0versy
10-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Ginn looks extremely slow with the Dolphins. What happened to all that speed? Like someone mentioned earlier, it seems like he's jogging out there. There's just no burst, no flash, no NOTHING! I liked Ginn in college, but I'm not so sure he'll last too long in the NFL.

bored of education
10-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Bill Cowher should be their 1st round pick next year

Joeyjr09
10-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Ginn looks extremely slow with the Dolphins. What happened to all that speed? Like someone mentioned earlier, it seems like he's jogging out there. There's just no burst, no flash, no NOTHING! I liked Ginn in college, but I'm not so sure he'll last too long in the NFL.

Pay more attention to the players around Ginn and you'll notice the speed. Ginn looks like he's jogging because he has such long strides that it doesn't look like he's running hard but then watch him in comparision to the guy's around him and he's still running by alot of guys when he gets space.

Plus the fact that his speed is magnifide in college. There isn't the level at the college level that there is in the NFL. Everyone has speed in the NFL but believe me, Ginn's still got plenty of speed and runs by alot of guys. It's just really hard to see because he takes such long strides.