PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Watch 10/10

Scott Wright
10-11-2007, 04:43 AM
Hey,

I updated the Heisman Watch so feel free to check it out. Lots of changes once again.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com

Ewing
10-11-2007, 05:45 AM
Swap DeSean with D-Mac and Tebow with Ryan and you have my rankings. I honestly think DeSean is the leader at this point.

Iamcanadian
10-11-2007, 06:16 AM
Swap DeSean with D-Mac and Tebow with Ryan and you have my rankings. I honestly think DeSean is the leader at this point.

I think there is a very good chance that Dorsey wins it this season. None of the guys on your list deserve it and it is a perfect year for a defensive player to win.

RyanLeaf#1
10-11-2007, 07:10 AM
I just laughed out loud when I seen Colt Brennan at number 4. Come on Scott he threw 5 interceptions against IDAHO. He didnt play the 2nd half of that game or against Utah State. I said it before and i'll say it again he has 0% chance of winning the Heisman.

andyjo672
10-11-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm really hoping we can see Dorsey at least get invited to the Heisman ceremony. Like was said before, this year is stacking up to be a year when a defensive player has a legitimate shot. Nobody is putting up extremely gaudy numbers on a team that is competing for a BCS Bowl(a combination of the two is generally needed, as has been discussed ad nauseum).

However, there is still a lot of time remaining for an offensive player to step up and take the Heisman. Usually the middle of the season and nearing the end holds a lot more water for Heisman voters than does the beginning of the season.

But, I think Heisman voters want to give it to a defensive player. And rarely is there a defensive player that is getting the level of hype that Dorsey has been this year.

Not that it matters, but I for one would love to see it.

MaddHatter
10-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Drop Brennan and push up Chase Daniels... either way, this is McFadden's to lose

Shane P. Hallam
10-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Drop Brennan and push up Chase Daniels... either way, this is Arkansas' to lose

Fixed it for you. Arkansas by blowing it can lose this for D-Mac, no doubt.

If Matt Ryan keeps winning and Boston College dominates the ACC, goes undefeated, he takes it.

If Cal goes undefeated, DeSean Jackson takes it.

soybean
10-11-2007, 02:48 PM
where's john david booty?

Shane P. Hallam
10-11-2007, 03:14 PM
where's john david booty?

72nd I believe.

NYGibril28
10-11-2007, 04:07 PM
D-Mac should not be winning. His stats are good, but they aren't good enough to be the #1 Heisman candidate on a 3-2 team. Too much preseason hype factors into the Heisman voting.

My Ballot:

1. Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
2. DeSean Jackson, WR, California
3. Mike Hart, RB, Michigan
4. Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
5. Chase Daniel, QB, Missouri

Man_Of_Steel
10-11-2007, 04:40 PM
No Chase Daniels?

mqtirishfan
10-13-2007, 07:18 PM
I have to wonder out loud how DeSean Jackson gets so much love. He's had one game where he caught a TD pass, has one TD run, and only one TD on returns. That adds up to 4 TDs in 5 games. He also has only 312 receiving yards. I know people are afraid to kick to him, and he has amazing talent, but this award should not go to who CAN make all the plays, but rather who actually makes them.

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 07:20 PM
I say they just not pass it out this year. LMAO.

JagHombre22
10-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Colt Brennan in my eyes dropped out of the first round...probably to mid second...early third...with that performance last night...he needed 5 total touchdowns, 75 pass attempts and four interceptions to beat San Jose State last night...and they are supposed to be a top 15 team?

I truly believe he is a system quarterback now...no team tries to throw 75 passes and almost loses...pathetic...

SeanTaylorRIP
10-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Andre Woodson if he can beat Florida next week should be top 3 in the running.

yo123
10-13-2007, 08:03 PM
I dont understand why Desean Jackson is even top 10. He hasnt done jack as a WR all year besides one great game. Yeah hes a great return man but he hasnt been dominant enough to even get consideration for it imo. My top 5 is-

1. Matt Ryan
2. DMac
3. Mike Hart
4. Graham Harrell (I dont care if hes plays for Texas Tech, if Colt Brennan can get heisman hype while playing the same kind of offense against a schedule that isnt half as tough as TT's, Harrell needs consideration.)
5. Andre Woodson

Dark Horse- Dennis Dixon

Apriori
10-13-2007, 11:08 PM
As mgoblog puts it...
Darren McFadden: 17 carries, 43 yards in a 9-7 loss to Auburn.
Desean Jackson: 4 catches, 5(!!!) yards in a 31-28 loss to Oregon State.
Mike Hart: 21 carries, 102 yards, 2 TDs (in one half) in 48-21 victory over Purdue.

LonghornsLegend
10-14-2007, 06:40 AM
I think what Mike Hart has done this year is alot more impressive then McFadden, people want to give it to him because he started the year as the front runner and is the most talented, but Hart deserves it alot more

DeSean Jackson has no business going to NY at the end of the year, neither does Colt Brennan

JagHombre22
10-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Where is Tim Tebow on your lists?

even with two losses...one legitimate, and one against probably the best team in the country, he still dominated those defenses, without him, Florida is a 7 win team at best...

he should still be top 3 until he truly disappoints people...

BuckNaked
10-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Andre Woodson if he can beat Florida next week should be top 3 in the running.

If he accomplishes that, it should be his to lose.

D-Unit
10-14-2007, 01:43 PM
I dont understand why Desean Jackson is even top 10. He hasnt done jack as a WR all year besides one great game. Yeah hes a great return man but he hasnt been dominant enough to even get consideration for it imo. My top 5 is-

1. Matt Ryan
2. DMac
3. Mike Hart
4. Graham Harrell (I dont care if hes plays for Texas Tech, if Colt Brennan can get heisman hype while playing the same kind of offense against a schedule that isnt half as tough as TT's, Harrell needs consideration.)
5. Andre Woodson

Dark Horse- Dennis Dixon
Colt Brennan HAS NO Heisman Hype. What are you talking about?

Turtlepower
10-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Colt Brennan HAS NO Heisman Hype. What are you talking about?

I think he is referring more to last year rather than this year when people really wanted to give him the Heisman.

D-Unit
10-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Colt Brennan in my eyes dropped out of the first round...probably to mid second...early third...with that performance last night...he needed 5 total touchdowns, 75 pass attempts and four interceptions to beat San Jose State last night...and they are supposed to be a top 15 team?

I truly believe he is a system quarterback now...no team tries to throw 75 passes and almost loses...pathetic...
I don't get that logic. If you pass a lot does that mean you're supposed to win big? LOL. If only football were as simple as that...

The system doesn't make Brennan. He'd be a good QB in any system.

Turtlepower
10-14-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't get that logic. If you pass a lot does that mean you're supposed to win big? LOL. If only football were as simple as that...

The system doesn't make Brennan. He'd be a good QB in any system.

I really want to see how Colt plays under a different system at the Senior Bowl. I honestly don't think his stock could be hurt anymore than it has this season, but is could dramatically increase.

D-Unit
10-14-2007, 01:51 PM
I think he is referring more to last year rather than this year when people really wanted to give him the Heisman.
Well Harrell is having a helluva year, unfortunately stats don't win you the Heisman especially when everyone thinks you're a system quarterback. Me personally, I think Harrell is a better QB than everyone gives him credit for.

P-L
10-14-2007, 07:50 PM
I don't care if he's this year's Calvin Johnson (aka The Second Coming) as a pro prospect, Darren McFadden isn't having a Heisman caliber season. Arkansas is 3-3 (0-3) and McFadden is coming off a game where Auburn completely shut him down. McFadden is a fantastic talent, but I can think of plenty of guys who deserve it over him.