PDA

View Full Version : Rams @ Ravens

EdReedUnstoppable
10-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Whats everybodies take on the game?

I look for another close game. Our offense should be able to move the ball with relative ease on the Rams but since McNair is our QB Im not holdin out any hope for that. I expect Willis to GET IN THE ENDZONE THIS WEEK!!!! Or else he is gonna start losin points with this guy right here.

Defensively we should be able to keep Brian Leonard pretty well bottled up, but if we dont get pressure on Frerrotte look for Drew Bennett to have a big day, cause last year against the Titans he lit us up a bit and he was being covered by Samair so imaginae what he'll do against Ivy/Prude/Martin/Pittman. Also as a side note, Im willing to admit I was wrong about Jarrett Johnson he has been arguably the best defensive player so far this season, he is definitely top 3 on our team this year hopefully a sack and a INT for JJ.

Final score 12-10 Ravens

ccB
10-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Well on the radio this morning they said Samari was suited up for practice so heres to hoping he plays Sunday and I agree JJ has been absolutely studly in stopping the run, I never see him miss a tackle.

My predicition for this week is a win, I feel the Rams are the worst team in the league this year and we SHOULD beat them easily. But I feel our trend of letting teams get back in the game will appear again and we will win 14-10.

BigDawg819
10-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Samari is practicing and thats a huge plus. I still think JJ should be on the D-Line especially with Trevor out but hey at least he's making plays. Now on to the game, injuries are still taking its toll on this team and this could be our downfall this week if we try to rush back guys it could kill us. Hopefully Flynn, JO, and Heap just rest up for the Buffalo game. This game is crucial for McNair, this Rams defense is laughable at times and if he doesn't produce a GOOD game then he needs to bench himself. No more of this 40+ pass games for 5 yards a pass nonsense. This offense better produce at minimum 3 TD drives and better come thru in the Red Zone. As for the Defense, I really expect and predict a bounce back game for them. Ed Reed will be Ed Reed, CMac should have a pick, and the front 7 should be racking up some sacks. With that said, I feel a Raven W with the score 31-14.

Ravens1991
10-11-2007, 01:56 PM
I think Antwan gets his first sack on sunday.

dcarey20
10-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Also as a side note, Im willing to admit I was wrong about Jarrett Johnson he has been arguably the best defensive player so far this season, he is definitely top 3 on our team this year hopefully a sack and a INT for JJ.

JJ has been a stud, everything I've expected.

Ravens1991
10-11-2007, 02:12 PM
yea I liked the way he has played, he is meeting my expectations.

Ravens1991
10-11-2007, 03:13 PM
I got a txt from my uncle saying this...

"1300 AM reported Kyle worked with 1st O and McNair never took the field today"

It sounds like McNair groin still isnt well if he didnt take the field at all.

Update:

He told me McNair isnt on the injury list.

BigDawg819
10-11-2007, 03:17 PM
I got a txt from my uncle saying this...

"1300 AM reported Kyle worked with 1st O and McNair never took the field today"

It sounds like McNair groin still isnt well if he didnt take the field at all.

Update:

He told me McNair isnt on the injury list.

Actually if you did some research on that tip you would have found out that Kyle was practicing with the 1st team because McNair was held out with a stiff back.

MaddHatter
10-11-2007, 03:18 PM
If the Rams score 10 pts on you guys, it better be on a KR b/c that offense should do nothing against the Baltimore D

Ravens1991
10-11-2007, 03:18 PM
I see I am in the middle of HW so I couldnt.

BigDawg819
10-11-2007, 03:20 PM
I see I am in the middle of HW so I couldnt.

Well you find the time to post here so obviously you do have the time. :rolleyes:

jkpigskin
10-11-2007, 03:56 PM
this game is sooo big for me....
one of my best friends is a rams fan and he absolutely hates the ravens.... if the ravens lose, ill wont hear the end of it

Ravens1991
10-12-2007, 03:17 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7326188?MSNHPHMA

McNair is a game time decision.

BigDawg819
10-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Well usually its if you don't practice at the end of the week you don't play, but apparently that doesn't apply to Steve McNair. I'm not to crazy about starting him, now its a back problem coupled with the groin problem.

Ravens1991
10-12-2007, 06:48 PM
I guess we are giving him time to fully heal, because who ever is the starting QB better be healthy against the big 3.

BigDawg819
10-12-2007, 06:49 PM
I guess we are giving him time to fully heal, because who ever is the starting QB better be healthy against the big 3.

No giving him time to fully heal would be benching his ass for the next 2 games so he can have 3 weeks of no games.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-13-2007, 10:06 AM
If Kyle starts my score prediction goes from 12-10 Ravens to 28-10 Ravens.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Kyle is supposedly starting, the game is in the bag! :D

Coach finally came to his senses!

jkpigskin
10-14-2007, 01:10 PM
1st rushing TD by willis!

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 02:45 PM
For all the naysayers, this is why Samari Rolle is so vital to our Defense. And its great to see Jarrett Johnson back on the DLine rotation, thats where he truly is most effective.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Kyle Boller what a redzone threat, against the worst defense in the NFL.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Kyle Boller what a redzone threat, against the worst defense in the NFL.

Wait what did we do this game with Kyle at the helm that McNair didn't do, oh wait thats right score a rushing TD. Typical moronic Boller bashing when we have a young and inconsistent OLine out there commit penalties and allowing Boller no time and/or to get hit before he could pick them apart. Go cry about the Skins lost instead raining on our dominant Defensive win.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Wait what did we do this game with Kyle at the helm that McNair didn't do, oh wait thats right score a rushing TD. Typical moronic Boller bashing when we have a young and inconsistent OLine out there commit penalties and allowing Boller no time and/or to get hit before he could pick them apart. Go cry about the Skins lost instead raining on our dominant Defensive win.

Stop you flaming homer, so everything is fine and because of Boller Willis has a rushing TD, all of this against the worst NFL team, and everything is fine, but if this is McNair you come in here bitching about how he can't reach the endzone and how all we can get is field goals and our defense is the only saving grace, so stop riding Boller's **** and acting like he's Johnny Unitas.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Stop you flaming homer, so everything is fine and because of Boller Willis has a rushing TD, all of this against the worst NFL team, and everything is fine, but if this is McNair you come in here bitching about how he can't reach the endzone and how all we can get is field goals and our defense is the only saving grace, so stop riding Boller's **** and acting like he's Johnny Unitas.

Go away, if you actually watched the game you would have seen that the basically rookie line made to many mistakes in the red zone for anyone, yes even McNair to be effective. Get a clue.

yodabear
10-14-2007, 04:40 PM
U guys need to get laid and chill out. They beat the Rams. The Rams are the worst team in the league. Lets wait a week before we crown em.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 04:43 PM
U guys need to get laid and chill out. They beat the Rams. The Rams are the worst team in the league. Lets wait a week before we crown em.

I really do need to get laid, this drought is killing me. In fact my ***** has stopped talking to me because of it.

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 04:47 PM
hey BigDawg just because Billick decides to run inside the 5 once on a drive that makes Boller a unstoppable machine?

We were 1 for 5 inside the redzone when it comes to TDs.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-14-2007, 04:49 PM
hey BigDawg just because Billick decides to run inside the 5 once on a drive that makes Boller a unstoppable machine?

We were 1 for 5 inside the redzone when it comes to TDs.

Had McNair played we would have been 0-5.

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 04:51 PM
actually not really, We ran it for once. It didnt have anything to do with a passing play.

All you KBC acted like Boller will come in and go deep every other play and look like a HOF, he connected deep once. Woopdy doo it was against the Rams.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 04:55 PM
actually not really, We ran it for once. It didnt have anything to do with a passing play.

All you KBC acted like Boller will come in and go deep every other play and look like a HOF, he connected deep once. Woopdy doo it was against the Rams.

Boller's record as a starter: 2-0

That says it all, now silence!

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 04:57 PM
against the Jets and the Rams at home.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 05:01 PM
against the Jets and the Rams at home.

And McNair was brutal against the 49ers but he won. Bottomline the main focus of this game isn't the QB its the return of Samari Rolle and therefore our Defense. They got their swagger back and produced like we are accustomed too. Thats the story and its what I said they would do. Now we can go into Buffallo with that chip on our shoulder, take care of business and cruise into the bye week and get everyone healthy.

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 05:05 PM
ok yea it is good to get them.

But Boller wasnt that impressive. It was against the Rams, he had 1 INT and 0 TD, and he didnt go all out vertical like the KBC acted like.

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 05:09 PM
To respond to your negative rep comment...

Kid look you have good intentions but you are seriously misguided. Boller did an excellent job behind a rookie line. If they could have not committed penalties and actually passed blocked it would have been more of a blowout.

Then McNair could have did better against SF if he didnt have a rookie o-line, you KBC were calling for McNairs head after that game. Boller actually could know who was going to start for his o-line.

You might wanna add in Boller 1 for 5 red zone performance in your sig BigDawg.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 05:14 PM
ok yea it is good to get them.

But Boller wasnt that impressive. It was against the Rams, he had 1 INT and 0 TD, and he didnt go all out vertical like the KBC acted like.

I'm really getting tired of you and your lack of knowledge. The pick was a result of the line blowing its protection scheme and getting Boller hit as he threw. The basically rookie line made stupid mistakes in the red zone and cost the team chances at TDs, so Coach played it safe and made sure to get 3 instead of nothing. We stuck to our tried and true formula of great defense and Stover kicking us to victory. It would have been the same game plan for McNair if he started. Of course he would have been out of the game likely if he took the beating that Boller took today. Kyle made the offense more vertical, DWill had 2 catches for 22.5 yards per catch, and not suprisingly Mason had a great game averaging 15.8 yards a catch. Thats how Kyle Boller makes this offense better.

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Mason had a lot of YAC.

Boller was 18-30 (60%) for 184 yards. 10.22 yards per pass.

that is real vertical.

D-will only had 1 big catch of 34 yards. His other catch was of 11.

BTW Boller did fumble which put them in FG position, the kicker missed the kick and that WR dropped that pass on the 1 that could have been a TD.

Boller had a fumble or 2.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Mason had a lot of YAC.

that is real vertical.

BTW Boller did fumble which put them in FG position, the kicker missed the kick and that WR dropped that pass on the 1 that could have been a TD.

When the line doesn't block properly bad things happen. Didn't you see what we forced Frerotte to do with constant pressure? Seriously get Football for Dummies.

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 05:28 PM
you always have an excuse for Boller dont you. McNair has faced a lot of pressure before and has been injured a lot and us non-KBC members dont use it as a excuse because McNair didnt look like a HOF.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 05:34 PM
you always have an excuse for Boller dont you. McNair has faced a lot of pressure before and has been injured a lot and us non-KBC members dont use it as a excuse because McNair didnt look like a HOF.

Look, no one ever said Kyle was a HoFer so drop that moronic nonsense. We all wanted Kyle to start because A) McNair is hurt and basically ineffective and B) when Kyle starts we win this year. Guess what we're right so DEAL WITH IT!

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Look, no one ever said Kyle was a HoFer so drop that moronic nonsense. We all wanted Kyle to start because A) McNair is hurt and basically ineffective and B) when Kyle starts we win this year. Guess what we're right so DEAL WITH IT!

1)you act like he is

2) He started against the Jets and had a good game. He started against the Rams and had a bad game. We would have won both those games with McNair.

3)Actually you are not right but keep thinking that way if it makes you feel better.

trkaline
10-14-2007, 05:41 PM
All I gotta say is with our defense playing like this a trained monkey could manage the offense, but as of now Boller looks like that monkey....

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 05:44 PM
1)you act like he is

2) He started against the Jets and had a good game. He started against the Rams and had a bad game. We would have won both those games with McNair.

3)Actually you are not right but keep thinking that way if it makes you feel better.

1) Couldn't be more wrong if you tried

2) Keep crying while Kyle keeps winning

3) The stats say we are and thats all that matters

bmoreravens5289
10-14-2007, 05:47 PM
McNair > Boller.... he holds the ball too long, and he has this dorky lookin windup whenever he is about to throw a deep ball, and he juggled some snaps just like the Boller of old...etc. etc....

ccB
10-14-2007, 05:50 PM

*round of applause*

trkaline
10-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Im not KBC but while Kyle was out there he didn't look too bad. No wasn't a great performance but it was much better than what I usually expect from him. McNair looks like he's aged alot in the offseason, and it's a hard call for me but I would like to see another start with a healthy line and healthy quarterback from each of them...

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 05:53 PM
*round of applause*

CCB agreeing with Ghetto? I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 05:55 PM
do you need one of us to bring up all of the times you agree with ERU and post a Roll Eyes smily face?

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 05:57 PM
1) Couldn't be more wrong if you tried

2) Keep crying while Kyle keeps winning

3) The stats say we are and thats all that matters

Dude Kyle looked sub par against the worst or 2nd worst team in the NFL, if McNair was like that you would flood this message board with things like "McNair sucks he has no arm strength he looked below average against such a crappy team".

dcarey20
10-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Let's start at the top with the offense. Kyle Boller started off a bit slow, it looked like he was a bit nervous for whatever reason. He started to play better and I felt ok about what he was able to do by the end of the day. I hope his knee is ok though because it looked pretty evident that he was not 100% on rollouts/bootlegs. I'm really happy that Boller will get the start next week, it was good to see a halfway explosive passing game out there. It takes McNair about 28 completions to rack up the 184 yards that Kyle did today. The 2.5ish ypc does not look good for Willis, but if you saw the game you know he played better than that. The run blocking left a bit to be desired in my opinion. The receivers did a nice job, Mason got his usual 6-8 yard passes, and with Boller we even saw some big plays with him. D-Will is our biggest playmaker as far as receivers, he can do so many things. I felt today was Mark Clayton's best game. While he didn't light up the stat sheet, he got open on a few occasions and could have had a long touchdown had Boller not underthrown him. The young line was ok, at times they looked good and at times they were inconsistent. We do need to get better at getting touchdowns in the redzone. 1 TD in 5 tries is not sufficient. I know this is said every single week, but we are not going to be able to hang with teams like the Pats and Colts if we kick field goals all day.

The defense was absolutely dominant, from top to bottom. Kelly Gregg was an absolute monster. In the backfield all day, got a sack, and even an INT. I know we say this alot, but is there any defensive player that is more underrated? The secondary was great, it was awesome to have Samari Rolle back. Not much more I can say.

Special teams. It seems like I say the same thing every week. Matt Stover is amazing, and Yamon Figurs is a stud.

Overall, solid effort, alot of nice things, but we do have to remember that we were playing the now 0-6 Rams.

ccB
10-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Dude Kyle looked sub par against the worst or 2nd worst team in the NFL, if McNair was like that you would flood this message board with things like "McNair sucks he has no arm strength he looked below average against such a crappy team".

It's not worth it man, its really not worth it. Save your breath and enjoy the win.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 06:01 PM
do you need one of us to bring up all of the times you agree with ERU and post a Roll Eyes smily face?

Lets see me and ERU are real friends, talk all the time and discuss a variety of things and happen to share many of the same ideals. But at least when we agree we back it up with our opinions instead of leeching of the others post. But hey we are intelligent beings.

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 06:03 PM
do you remember all the threads of CCBG owning you over the summer and into the season?

And it is pointless to add something at the end like "we are intelligent human beings" unless you need to increase your self esteem by posting on a internet message board.

Go play with a Kyle Boller bobblehead or something.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 06:06 PM
do you remember all the threads of CCBG owning you over the summer and into the season?

And it is pointless to add something at the end like "we are intelligent human beings" unless you need to increase your self esteem by posting on a internet message board.

Oh like you continuing a pointless argument where you're wrong and proving your lack of football knowledge. Or you lack of your own points and having to rely on others posts to back you up. Isn't past your bedtime kid?

bmoreravens5289
10-14-2007, 06:07 PM

Daaaaaaamn...BigDawg got pwned.. :)

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Daaaaaaamn...BigDawg got pwned.. :)

Doubtful!

Boller 2-0 as a starter

Regardless the Defense got their swagger back and I'm loving it.

trkaline
10-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Yes aslong as our D keeps it up it comes down to which QB hurts us less...

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Kyle Boller opponent record (0-6) (1,5) = (1,11)

Kyle Boller opponent winning percentage. 1/12=08.3333%

Steve McNair opponent record (1,4) (3,2) (3,3) (2,3)= (9,12)

Steve McNair opponent winning percentage. 9/21=42.8571%

WHEN WILL YOU GET THAT???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dcarey20
10-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Why the Boller hate? Is it because people are irritated with BigDawg? Boller certainly did not light it up today, and he certainly did not look like the franchise savior, but he wasn't horrible.

Let's go through the game for Kyle. He came out and looked terrible on the first 3 plays. I won't deny that. He looked a bit nervous for some reason. But he stepped it up and was solid after that. We have alot of people on here defending McNair because of his injuries, does anyone realize that Kyle was playing with a banged up knee today? It hampered him on rollouts and when he was pressured. He did some nice things. The passing game was clearly more explosive. Derrick Mason averaged about 15 yards a grab today. He's been averaging 8.5 to this point. We went deep on a few occasions. I will say that some of Boller's deep passes could have been better, notably the one when Mark Clayton had about 2 steps, but it was just refreshing to see us go deep. His stat line was 18 for 30, 184 yards and a pick. The pick was because he was hit from behind on some pretty bad protection. It wasn't a terrible day. He was ok. Not great, not subpar. It just seems like everyone on here wants Boller to fail so they can be the one to jump all over BigDawg. Now I am not as much of a Boller supporter as BigDawg, but there is no doubt that I prefer him to McNair. I honestly believe that if we want to go anywhere this season, it will be with Kyle, not McNair.

And Ravens91, I like you alot, but that last figure with the opponents winning pct isn't very valid in my mind, because I could easily say this:

McNair's record as starter: 1-2

Boller's record as starter: 2-0

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Kyle Boller opponent record (0-6) (1,5) = (1,11)

Kyle Boller opponent winning percentage. 1/12=08.3333%

Steve McNair opponent record (1,4) (3,2) (3,3) (2,3)= (9,12)

Steve McNair opponent winning percentage. 9/21=42.8571%

WHEN WILL YOU GET THAT???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umm shecky a win is a win regardless of who you beat. And Kyle won us the Cardinal game not McNair but thanks for playing.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Why the Boller hate? Is it because people are irritated with BigDawg? Boller certainly did not light it up today, and he certainly did not look like the franchise savior, but he wasn't horrible.

Let's go through the game for Kyle. He came out and looked terrible on the first 3 plays. I won't deny that. He looked a bit nervous for some reason. But he stepped it up and was solid after that. We have alot of people on here defending McNair because of his injuries, does anyone realize that Kyle was playing with a banged up knee today? It hampered him on rollouts and when he was pressured. He did some nice things. The passing game was clearly more explosive. Derrick Mason averaged about 15 yards a grab today. He's been averaging 8.5 to this point. We went deep on a few occasions. I will say that some of Boller's deep passes could have been better, notably the one when Mark Clayton had about 2 steps, but it was just refreshing to see us go deep. His stat line was 18 for 30, 184 yards and a pick. The pick was because he was hit from behind on some pretty bad protection. It wasn't a terrible day. He was ok. Not great, not subpar. It just seems like everyone on here wants Boller to fail so they can be the one to jump all over BigDawg. Now I am not as much of a Boller supporter as BigDawg, but there is no doubt that I prefer him to McNair. I honestly believe that if we want to go anywhere this season, it will be with Kyle, not McNair.

Wait there's a response thats perfect for this? Oh yes:

*round of applause*

trkaline
10-14-2007, 07:02 PM
I wont comment on this subject again until I see more...with Boller getting the nod next Sunday aswell im sure there will be alot more for both sides of the argument to debate...

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Nobody is ever going to win this because one side believes in Boller based on what he's doing this year and the other side won't let go of his past. The deciding factor should be the team winning but even with a win the bashing of Boller continues. Whatever I don't care anymore, I'm going to continue to enjoy Kyle winning games for us and watching our Dominant Defense.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Nobody is ever going to win this because one side believes in Boller based on what he's doing this year and the other side won't let go of his past. The deciding factor should be the team winning but even with a win the bashing of Boller continues. Whatever I don't care anymore, I'm going to continue to enjoy Kyle winning games for us and watching our Dominant Defense.

Umn stop, you talk about "Boller Bashing" when all I hear even after big victories is Steve Mcnair being crap and whatnot, so you have no reason to think Boller is "bashed" when it is usually you doing McNair bashing followed by the rest, so whatever enjoy your Boller he'll look good holding a clipboard, cause as much as you think it will work, bitching to me won't get the Ravens to start Boller over McNair for the rest of the season.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Umn stop, you talk about "Boller Bashing" when all I hear even after big victories is Steve Mcnair being crap and whatnot, so you have no reason to think Boller is "bashed" when it is usually you doing McNair bashing followed by the rest, so whatever enjoy your Boller he'll look good holding a clipboard, cause as much as you think it will work, bitching to me won't get the Ravens to start Boller over McNair for the rest of the season.

Lets see if any of my criticisms of McNair are unfounded:

I complain that his injuries are effecting his mechanics and throws - True

I complain that he checksdown too much - True

I complain that he doesn't make the offense vertical enough - True

Yeah I'm a horrible person for pointing out the truth. :rolleyes:

Sorry Ghetto I really don't give a damn what you think about Kyle Boller or the Ravens. In fact I don't give a damn what any Redskin fan thinks. The Ravens are my team, I can criticize and commend who I want when I want. Just because I bring up key points that are true just make me that more effective.

yodabear
10-14-2007, 07:41 PM
This escalated quickly. However, lets wait and see on Boller. He has beat a team that is 1-5 and the other is 0-6. And the team they play next week is 1-4, so we have to wait and see til week 9 when they play Pittsburgh.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Lets see if any of my criticisms of McNair are unfounded:

I complain that his injuries are effecting his mechanics and throws - True

I complain that he checksdown too much - True

I complain that he doesn't make the offense vertical enough - True

Yeah I'm a horrible person for pointing out the truth. :rolleyes:

Sorry Ghetto I really don't give a damn what you think about Kyle Boller or the Ravens. In fact I don't give a damn what any Redskin fan thinks. The Ravens are my team, I can criticize and commend who I want when I want. Just because I bring up key points that are true just make me that more effective.

Don't pretend like I'm not a Ravens fan, I was raised in Oxon Hill most of my life and the Ravens never existed so the Redskins were the team I grew up on but when the Ravens moved in I have been a fan ever since but I won't let go of my first team, so don't act like I'm any less of a Ravens than you just cause you are younger. Fine you hit those points, but you aren't criticizing both ways.

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Umm shecky a win is a win regardless of who you beat. And Kyle won us the Cardinal game not McNair but thanks for playing.

he had a couple of 3 and outs. McNair led us to a very nice lead but the defense blew it. Get your facts straight before you come here and post acting like you are better then everyone else.

BTW how many fumbles did Boller have? I know at least 1 but I think more.

Ravens1991
10-14-2007, 08:05 PM

And Ravens91, I like you alot, but that last figure with the opponents winning pct isn't very valid in my mind, because I could easily say this:

McNair's record as starter: 1-2

Boller's record as starter: 2-0

wow an intelligent post in this thread from a KBC member. But yes I agree that Boller had solid average game.

I find the winning % valid in the way that Boller has faced easier competition then McNair.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Don't pretend like I'm not a Ravens fan, I was raised in Oxon Hill most of my life and the Ravens never existed so the Redskins were the team I grew up on but when the Ravens moved in I have been a fan ever since but I won't let go of my first team, so don't act like I'm any less of a Ravens than you just cause you are younger. Fine you hit those points, but you aren't criticizing both ways.

I highly doubt you're older then me so thats that, and regardless age really has nothing to do with it. As for your liking both teams thats all fine and good but you're a Redskin fan first and thats what I was alluding too. As for criticizing both ways, what do you want me to say? I've already said that the win was a typical Raven win with the Defense being dominant and Stover being Stover. I'm not in here saying how Kyle lit the world on fire because I know he didn't. But he did do things that McNair hasn't been doing and thats why I've been calling for the change. Kyle went down field with throws, he didn't constantly check down every pass plays, and even though he got a bit roughed up it didn't effect his throws. I wanted him to go out and light the scoreboard up and hang 40 on the Rams more then anyone, but its not going to happen. Our offense doesn't work that way and won't work that way until we get a new offensive system in here. And I've been preaching for that new offensive system as loud as anyone and have made at least 1 thread about it. Kyle did some good things out there and some bad, but I'm not preaching about turnovers because A) the offensive line was the root of the INT and Fumble and B) he prevented quite a few disasters by throwing the ball away. I realize that McNair will be starting on MNF in Pittsburgh and if he's healthy and effective then I'm all for it, I don't want the team to lose just to prove my point of Kyle being better.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Mason had a lot of YAC.

that is real vertical.

I guess that has nothing to do with Kyle.....

The reason Mason had more YAC is because Kyle gets him the ball quicker because Kyle has an arm and doesnt loft every pass he throws. Mason gets the ball quicker the DBack isn't right on him when he catches it and Mason can then make some moves and make some people miss.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-14-2007, 11:09 PM
he had a couple of 3 and outs. McNair led us to a very nice lead but the defense blew it. Get your facts straight before you come here and post acting like you are better then everyone else.

BTW how many fumbles did Boller have? I know at least 1 but I think more.

He had the same amount of fumbles that Willis McGahee had 1, and it was on a play where Little hit him in the back tough to blame a QB for fumbling on a blindside hit but Im sure you'll find a way to blame Kyle for it, because you're a blind hater.

ccB
10-15-2007, 08:49 AM
LOL Kyle won us the Arizona game...LMAO You are a trip.

Ravens1991
10-15-2007, 01:49 PM
He had the same amount of fumbles that Willis McGahee had 1, and it was on a play where Little hit him in the back tough to blame a QB for fumbling on a blindside hit but Im sure you'll find a way to blame Kyle for it, because you're a blind hater.

I thought he had more, dunce move on my part I will admit. I know he did fumble the first play but the LG false starting could have messed with him.

Ravens1991
10-15-2007, 01:54 PM
LOL Kyle won us the Arizona game...LMAO You are a trip.

It shows his love for Boller makes him incapable of making a rational thought about QB. I do give Boller credit for that last drive but to say McNair had nothing to do with it is insane.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-15-2007, 03:53 PM
It Kind of hurts seeing Derek Anderson do so well, because he was our late round steal, I thought he looked very good, and to lose him because we put him on the practice squad hurts. He is looking very good and is still so young.

Ravens1991
10-15-2007, 04:03 PM
yea, we cut him for Kordell Stewart :(

maybe we were going to re-sign him to the practice squad but dang it sucks that he isnt with us.

dcarey20
10-15-2007, 06:44 PM
I guess that has nothing to do with Kyle.....

The reason Mason had more YAC is because Kyle gets him the ball quicker because Kyle has an arm and doesnt loft every pass he throws. Mason gets the ball quicker the DBack isn't right on him when he catches it and Mason can then make some moves and make some people miss.

Exactly...

EdReedUnstoppable
10-15-2007, 07:23 PM
I thought he had more, dunce move on my part I will admit. I know he did fumble the first play but the LG false starting could have messed with him.

Well that whole first play was a debacle, I thought the false start should have been on Chester, he snapped the ball and started goin left while Brown started goin straight right, looked like one of them needs to get in his playbook more.

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Well that whole first play was a debacle, I thought the false start should have been on Chester, he snapped the ball and started goin left while Brown started goin straight right, looked like one of them needs to get in his playbook more.

Yes but somehow its Kyle Boller's fault because of his bad voodoo or whatever the popular thing is to bash him.

ccB
10-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Yes but somehow its Kyle Boller's fault because of his bad voodoo or whatever the popular thing is to bash him.

You do realize that you do the exact same thing but with McNair right? You honestly cannot be that oblivious to it, or can you?

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 07:44 PM
You do realize that you do the exact same thing but with McNair right? You honestly cannot be that oblivious to it, or can you?

Lets see I've been through this with Ghetto but I guess I can give you a remedial course. I post the truth when it comes to the flaws in McNair's game.
Like how he's injured and its effecting his mechanics, or how he constantly checks down on virtually every pass play and never really pushes the ball downfield, or how he's not the same McNair from 2003 like you assume he is, you know facts. I really don't get where you come off like your the Baltimore Raven expert on this board. All you do is come through these threads and start arguments with anyone that disapproves with your views on the team. I'm sorry I'm not satisfied with the play of McNair this year and I'm very vocal about it. I'm not going around here living off the past performances of players and flaunting them about as if thats all they can do.

Has Kyle had a rough few years since he got to Baltimore? Yes.

Right now is Kyle the better option at QB for this team? Yes.

Did McNair guide us to a 13-3 season last year? Yes.

Does that do dick for us this year? NO!!!!!!!! And quit acting like it does.

I thought Ravens fans were whats best for the Ravens team to win? Thats why I'm a passionate fan, I want my team to win. I feel and so far am right, that Kyle Boller is guiding us to wins and thats all that matters in this league. So get over yourself CCB, people can have counter opinions that you hold and can and are right about them!

ccB
10-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Lets see I've been through this with Ghetto but I guess I can give you a remedial course. I post the truth when it comes to the flaws in McNair's game.
Like how he's injured and its effecting his mechanics, or how he constantly checks down on virtually every pass play and never really pushes the ball downfield, or how he's not the same McNair from 2003 like you assume he is, you know facts. I really don't get where you come off like your the Baltimore Raven expert on this board. All you do is come through these threads and start arguments with anyone that disapproves with your views on the team. I'm sorry I'm not satisfied with the play of McNair this year and I'm very vocal about it. I'm not going around here living off the past performances of players and flaunting them about as if thats all they can do.

Has Kyle had a rough few years since he got to Baltimore? Yes.

Right now is Kyle the better option at QB for this team? Yes.

Did McNair guide us to a 13-3 season last year? Yes.

Does that do dick for us this year? NO!!!!!!!! And quit acting like it does.

I thought Ravens fans were whats best for the Ravens team to win? Thats why I'm a passionate fan, I want my team to win. I feel and so far am right, that Kyle Boller is guiding us to wins and thats all that matters in this league. So get over yourself CCB, people can have counter opinions that you hold and can and are right about them!
Please, dont even for an instance act like I am the trouble maker on this board. Please. Everything you have just said about me in this post can be used to describe you. Who makes you the end all be all when it comes to ravens guy? What makes you think your so right about everything? You are way to into yourself pal, I wouldnt be surprised if you "pleased" yourself to your posts every night.

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Please, dont even for an instance act like I am the trouble maker on this board. Please.

No thats right your above that moniker, only people who disagree with you are. :rolleyes:

Oh and nice response basically ignoring the whole jist of the post. :thumbsup:

ccB
10-15-2007, 08:00 PM
No thats right your above that moniker, only people who disagree with you are. :rolleyes:

Oh and nice response basically ignoring the whole jist of the post. :thumbsup:

The whole jist of the post? I told you before I was done arguing QB's with you. But if you really want me to address your post, What should I adress? You bragging on Kyle again for being 2-0? against who? The jets and rams? Or the whole check down argument? When Kyle is averaging a whopping 5.82 yards a pass as opposed to Steve McNairs 5.87? Or perhaps its Kyles 76.7 qb rating as opposed to McNairs 80.2? Perhaps Kyles 2 td 2 int are more impressive than Steve's 2 td and 2 int? Dude again get over yourself, I am the trouble maker for telling someone do not bother arguing with you because its like talking to a wall or perhaps I am some how a trouble maker for agreeing with Ghetto, I mean its not like you do not hang on to every word ERU says. I am such a trouble maker yet I was appointed moderator to get rid of trouble makers, that makes a lot of sense. I have made it known that I am not a fan of neither QB, you are the one that wants to pretend one of them is anything more than average. I just prefer McNair for the simple fact that he brings toughness and expirence to the team. Sorry if I do not agree with you, and I am sorry if I am not buying into the Boller hype after 2 wins against 2 of the bottom 5 teams in the league.

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 08:31 PM
You're right, McNair's win against San Fransisco was so more impressive then anything Kyle has done. Oh and I'm in to myself, that whole paragraph is a self congratulatory tribute to you. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. And if we're done arguing QB's why are we doing it yet again?

Ravens1991
10-15-2007, 08:33 PM
The whole jist of the post? I told you before I was done arguing QB's with you. But if you really want me to address your post, What should I adress? You bragging on Kyle again for being 2-0? against who? The jets and rams? Or the whole check down argument? When Kyle is averaging a whopping 5.82 yards a pass as opposed to Steve McNairs 5.87? Or perhaps its Kyles 76.7 qb rating as opposed to McNairs 80.2? Perhaps Kyles 2 td 2 int are more impressive than Steve's 2 td and 2 int? Dude again get over yourself, I am the trouble maker for telling someone do not bother arguing with you because its like talking to a wall or perhaps I am some how a trouble maker for agreeing with Ghetto, I mean its not like you do not hang on to every word ERU says. I am such a trouble maker yet I was appointed moderator to get rid of trouble makers, that makes a lot of sense. I have made it known that I am not a fan of neither QB, you are the one that wants to pretend one of them is anything more than average. I just prefer McNair for the simple fact that he brings toughness and expirence to the team. Sorry if I do not agree with you, and I am sorry if I am not buying into the Boller hype after 2 wins against 2 of the bottom 5 teams in the league.

Ouch! I am most feel bad for BigDawg after that.

BigDawg we all want whats best for the team so there is no need to act like we would rather be worse w/ McNair at QB then Boller, we just think differently then you.

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Ouch! I am most feel bad for BigDawg after that.

Uh sonny thats gibberish.

Ravens1991
10-15-2007, 08:39 PM
just like your sig.

Boller in the Red Zone is 3-8 a now, not 2-3.

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 08:41 PM
just like your sig.

Boller in the Red Zone is 3-8 a now, not 2-3.

Congratulations! You finally made an independent post without leeching of someone else's.

Plus you are correct, its time to change it since Kyle is starting through the bye week.

Ravens1991
10-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Yea and you havent.

I make my own posts. I made my own responding to your negative rep comment. I made the post about the opponents winning % in my sig, and I made that post on my own. And that is off the top of my head.

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Yea and you havent.

I make my own posts. I made my own responding to your negative rep comment. I made the post about the opponents winning % in my sig, and I made that post on my own. And that is off the top of my head.

Do you understand the concept of sarcasm?

Ravens1991
10-15-2007, 08:50 PM
yes.

Do you understand that it is tough to understand sarcasm over the internet?

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 08:53 PM
yes.

Do you understand that it is tough to understand sarcasm over the internet?

No I don't, I'm very cynical and just assume it. Plus when someone is congratulating on an independent thought, its not a compliment.

Ravens1991
10-15-2007, 08:57 PM
ok well thank you for congrats BigDawg ;)

Troj2man
10-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Let's be honest here, Kyle Boller played a decent game Sunday. He made a few good plays, but also made a few mistakes. He did nothing in that game to prove that he is a better option then a healthy Mcnair. So far this season Kyle is averaging 5.8 yards per pass, Mcnair is averaging 5.9 yards per pass. Basically the QB's are pretty much the same and the offense will be the same with either of them starting. Either way you look at it, there's reasons why both of them should be the starter. In Kyle you have a young guy who is more athletic, and firey. In Mcnair you have the veteran smarts along with the calm presence. Take your pick, either one will produce the same amount.

Ravens1991
10-15-2007, 09:41 PM
It is easily McNair, in a win now situation like we are we need a veteran leader who has good composure. But then again we dont stand a chance against the Patriots so it isnt like we have good odds. I will go for McNair this year because this is our last shot at a super bowl before we get hit by the cap hard.

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Or its Boller who is younger and more mobile and get make the better throws.

Ravens1991
10-15-2007, 09:45 PM
he doesnt make better throws. You are so hell bent on us going deep but it only worked ONCE against the RAMS I repeat ONCE against the RAMS, we really arent a vertical team. D-will is the only true deep threat.

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
he doesnt make better throws. You are so hell bent on us going deep but it only worked ONCE against the RAMS I repeat ONCE against the RAMS, we really arent a vertical team. D-will is the only true deep threat.

Wrong again. We went downfield a few times, such as the pass to Clayton that was incomplete due to a Defensive Pass Interference penalty which is just as good as a completion. Or the fact that in the first 5 games Raven receivers had 70 receptions for 675 yards and a 9.6 yard average, but yesterday they had 10 receptions for 147 yards and a 14.7 yard average. Thats the dimension that Kyle Boller brings to this offense. But please keep arguing, I love proving you wrong.

BrownsTown
10-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Thought I'd pop in to brighten your guys' day with a healthy "Boller sucks"

I'll be on my way now...

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Thought I'd pop in to brighten your guys' day with a healthy "Boller sucks"

I'll be on my way now...

I'd rain on your parade as well but you just beat the Sawx so I'll let that go.

BrownsTown
10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
I'd rain on your parade as well but you just beat the Sawx so I'll let that go.

Thanks for that. I'll avoid taunting you about Derek Anderson now.

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks for that. I'll avoid taunting you about Derek Anderson now.

There's no taunting me about DA, I never wanted to get rid of him. I was totally against the move and knew it would come back to haunt this team.

Ravens1991
10-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Wrong again. We went downfield a few times, such as the pass to Clayton that was incomplete due to a Defensive Pass Interference penalty which is just as good as a completion. Or the fact that in the first 5 games Raven receivers had 70 receptions for 675 yards and a 9.6 yard average, but yesterday they had 10 receptions for 147 yards and a 14.7 yard average. Thats the dimension that Kyle Boller brings to this offense. But please keep arguing, I love proving you wrong.

OK twice against the Rams. Go tell mama about that BigDawg. It was against the rams, I know in your next post you are going to flood it with "A win is a win and it all that matters" You are right but he had a OK game against the Rams.

BigDawg819
10-16-2007, 02:15 PM
OK twice against the Rams. Go tell mama about that BigDawg. It was against the rams, I know in your next post you are going to flood it with "A win is a win and it all that matters" You are right but he had a OK game against the Rams.

Do you have a comprehension issue? A few means 3 or more times and thats what the Ravens did against the Rams they took 3 or more chances down the field. You're arguments are so pathetic that its not even worth responding to but I hope that eventually you actually get a clue. You whine that it was ONLY against the Rams, but what did McNair do against the Bengals Defense that gave up 51 points against Derek freaking Anderson (13 points), or the 49ers (9 points), or the Browns that gave up 40+ points to Carson Pamer and 31 to the Dolphins with Cleo "Squeeze That" Lemon (13 points)????

Stop with this moronic logic that its ONLY such and such team, every team in the NFL can win on any given Sunday and you only bring up this ******** when you knock Boller but never when you praise McNair.

Ravens1991
10-16-2007, 03:30 PM
I have admitted that McNair sucks. I have never acted like he brings amazing things to the offense like you do with Boller magically makes us a vertical team. When going vertical works twice against the Rams, we went more then twice but it didnt work. I really don't think that Boller brings us some magical offense like you act like he does.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-16-2007, 03:37 PM
I have admitted that McNair sucks. I have never acted like he brings amazing things to the offense like you do with Boller magically makes us a vertical team. When going vertical works twice against the Rams, we went more then twice but it didnt work. I really don't think that Boller brings us some magical offense like you act like he does.

Just stop trying to reason with him, until he removes his homer glasses he will never listen to anything you say so don't bother. For us with clearer vision we should stop bothering him, him and Kyle Boller can give warmth to each other for all I care, this thread will go 100 pages with no point at all.

BigDawg819
10-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Just stop trying to reason with him, until he removes his homer glasses he will never listen to anything you say so don't bother. For us with clearer vision we should stop bothering him, him and Kyle Boller can give warmth to each other for all I care, this thread will go 100 pages with no point at all.

You guys can continue to criticize and ridicule me all you want along with labeling me a homer until you're blue in the face, it doesn't change the fact that my views on the team with Boller are in are true and I back them up with stats. You allege your "clearer" vision and in the truth is you can't let go of the past to actually see things clearly anymore. Your hatred for Boller has warped your opinion of him and you can't be objective anymore. And before you accuse me of overhyping him, when you have 2 QB's that are basically interchangeable you should always go with the younger guy because of the upside as opposed to sticking with the declining veteran. Ghetto, Ravens, CCB, all of you can keep preaching this ideal that you're all "holier then thou" in this debate but all along its total crap!

ccB
10-16-2007, 04:57 PM
You back it up with stats yet, I love how you failed to address any of the stats I brought up in my post. You are the only one that preaches, I do not think Ghetto, Ravens nor myself have made a thread dedicated to McNair or one bashing Boller, where as you have made numerous Kyle Boller threads and numerous threads against McNair. You are delusional.

Ravens1991
10-16-2007, 04:59 PM
we dont go with the younger guy when we are in a win now situation like we are now. Besides "we cant see clearly is BS" We admit both our QB suck. Just because Boller averages 2 more yards or what ever your propaganda is it doesnt matter. We keep in McNair because he is a team leader and gives us good veteran leadership.

BigDawg819
10-16-2007, 05:12 PM
You back it up with stats yet, I love how you failed to address any of the stats I brought up in my post. You are the only one that preaches, I do not think Ghetto, Ravens nor myself have made a thread dedicated to McNair or one bashing Boller, where as you have made numerous Kyle Boller threads and numerous threads against McNair. You are delusional.

Yup I'm delusional for making a thread about my favorite Raven because no one does that. :rolleyes:

I'm delusional when super cool Internet forum Mod says I am when thats arguably a personal attack and I called you delusional I'd get an infraction. :rolleyes:

As for Kyle's QB rating, lets see he takes more chances with the ball which leads to more incompletions hence a lower QB rating. Sorry that he doesn't just play it safe with 2-3 yard dumpoffs. :rolleyes:

Like I said keep criticizing and ridiculing me all you want, whatever it takes to make yourselves feel better. We're all watching the same games and if you guys want to believe McNair is the better option fine then so be it. Truthfully I don't give a damn what any of you think.

Ravens1991
10-16-2007, 05:15 PM
We really cant be a vertical team because the only guy that can go deep is D-will. I have no problem with a ball control offense because we only have 1 player who is a true deep threat, and we dont have a QB that can get deep effectively a lot.

BigDawg819
10-16-2007, 05:24 PM
We really cant be a vertical team because the only guy that can go deep is D-will. I have no problem with a ball control offense because we only have 1 player who is a true deep threat, and we dont have a QB that can get deep effectively a lot.

I disagree, we have weapons who could go deep Mark Clayton and even Yamon Figurs. But again this debate goes back to the playcalling and I know we both agree a shake up there definitely wouldn't hurt.