PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper's latest rankings

Iamcanadian
10-12-2007, 12:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/melkiper/index

soybean
10-12-2007, 12:08 AM
why is shawn crable on the downswing. I thought he's being very productive so far.

that'd be very interesting if Matt ryan is the first qb taken.

Iamcanadian
10-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Ryan is certainly hot right now but there is a long way to go.

M.O.T.H.
10-12-2007, 12:15 AM
As of right now...Mike Jenkins may be a mid 1st rounder. He has been excellent this season.

Turtlepower
10-12-2007, 12:17 AM
I do like his love for Tony Hills. Hills and Chris Williams of Vandy are the two most underrated OTs in a pretty darn good OT draft class.

Don Vito
10-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Matt Ryan at #5!? I love it, hopefully he can keep the good play up for ND and after the Irish game, thats when the schedule gets tough.

Green Bay Scat
10-12-2007, 01:16 AM
I do like his love for Tony Hills. Hills and Chris Williams of Vandy are the two most underrated OTs in a pretty darn good OT draft class.

i didnt know homer is contagious? shoulda got myself checked out by the doctors

jbeans187
10-12-2007, 01:46 AM
No love for TE Martin Rucker

toonsterwu
10-12-2007, 01:59 AM
No love for TE Martin Rucker

I like Rucker ... but not as a first rounder, let alone a top 25 guy, barring a 40 time far better than anyone expects.

toonsterwu
10-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Matt Ryan at #5!? I love it, hopefully he can keep the good play up for ND and after the Irish game, thats when the schedule gets tough.

I think it's a worthy slot as of now. That said, only time will tell. I had Ryan going 4th in my last mock, even though I personally stil prefer Andre' Woodson a tiny bit. Thing is, Matt's shown the consistency, and more importantly, leadership, while going through a coaching change. That said, the meat of the schedule is coming, so we'll soon see if Matt has staying power.

Don Vito
10-12-2007, 02:10 AM
I think he deserves it, I am just always saw Kiper as a Woodson fanboy. Ryan is a great, smart leader with great tools to work with. I just hope he can keep up his level of play against ND, VT, FSU, Maryland, Clemson, and Miami. There are some pretty talented defenses in that bunch, but I have faith in Ryan. Hopefully he can adjust from UMass-Bowling Green-Army to Notre Dame (they will come out to play saturday) and the meat of the ACC.

akvikefan89
10-12-2007, 02:49 AM
Sedrick Ellis at #3, I love it... :D

WMD
10-12-2007, 03:06 AM
For a second, I didn't see Jake Long on the list..

keylime_5
10-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Kiper and Mayock both are in the boat that thinks in the end Ryan will be the top QB taken this year.

Young Legend
10-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Wow Tony Hills is movin up pretty fast.

mikesmdone
10-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Jacob Hester now projected as RB.. where does he fall round wise as a tailback?

BUTerriers
10-12-2007, 10:56 AM
I doubt Ryan will be the first QB taken (and this is coming from a Matt Ryan homer). He just won't put up the workout numbers that a guy like Woodson will, and I think that will hurt him a little. I do believe he will be the best QB out of this draft class though.

MaddHatter
10-12-2007, 10:58 AM
I like Ryan as #1 QB - Just wait till Woodson takes on LSU this week to see what happens to him...
Not sure why Hills is rising but he may be the 6th best T in the Draft (IMO)

Overall, look solid though, since it's missing all the underclassmen, it's going to change dramatically

Don Vito
10-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Jacob Hester now projected as RB.. where does he fall round wise as a tailback?

He strikes me as a Quad Hill/Lawrence Vickers/Brian Leonard guy, probably moreso Quadtrine Hill. They played FB and some RB in college but were used as runners and receivers, which I see Hester as in the NFL. I think Hester will be a 4th-5th rounder depending on how he does at the combine, he runs with good power and some suprising speed. He is a solid receiver as well. He strikes me as someone the Patriots might take in round 3, pretty much a 3rd down back who has power, some speed, and can catch the ball well.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-12-2007, 12:14 PM
I doubt Ryan will be the first QB taken (and this is coming from a Matt Ryan homer). He just won't put up the workout numbers that a guy like Woodson will, and I think that will hurt him a little. I do believe he will be the best QB out of this draft class though.

For QB's at the combine, it seems to be more about passing the eyeball test. Sure, a good 40 and bench press never hurt, but I don't really think Woodson will blow anyone out of the water either.

Ryan is a big kid with a big arm who'll very likely look damn impressive throwing the ball either at the combine or at his pro day. Even if he goes to the Senior Bowl, it's mostly going to be based on how he throws the ball in practice. Quarterbacks don't usually get the number treatment as often as a few other positions, and I don't think that either Woodson, Brohm, or anyone else is that much more impressive than Ryan in that situation.