PDA

View Full Version : Scott's New Mock

America
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
He has us talking Mike Jenkins, which I think is a solid pick. He's big physical, and is pretty fast. We have those 3 young guys, but we can't bank on them developing, especially since our pass D has been not as good as expected this year. If we don't go corner, I'd definitely look to get a Dlineman or maybe even a QB.

By the way, this week, we'll have 3 rookies starting on the line.

BigDawg819
10-12-2007, 06:21 PM
I'll say it now, theres no way we take a QB in the first round.

Yung Flippa
10-13-2007, 12:26 AM
I'll say it now, theres no way we take a QB in the first round.

Unless someone like Andre Woodson falls to us. We would grab him in a second.

BigDawg819
10-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Unless someone like Andre Woodson falls to us. We would grab him in a second.

I'd rather have Matt Ryan then Woodson.

Average OT LB
10-13-2007, 01:00 AM
The DT pick for the chargers isnt flashy, but its smart. I'm glad Scott doesnt have us taking a LB in the first round like most drafts.. i guess it shows a higher level of quality, which is why i respect this site so much.

Im anxiously awaiting those player rankings too.. cant wait for that stuff i eat it up

EdReedUnstoppable
10-13-2007, 10:05 AM
He has us talking Mike Jenkins, which I think is a solid pick. He's big physical, and is pretty fast. We have those 3 young guys, but we can't bank on them developing, especially since our pass D has been not as good as expected this year. If we don't go corner, I'd definitely look to get a Dlineman or maybe even a QB.

By the way, this week, we'll have 3 rookies starting on the line.

Jared Gaither should have been starting all along!

Troj2man
10-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Jared Gaither should have been starting all along!

Are you still sticking by those words? Gaither looked pretty damn bad out there. He's obviously not ready for the NFL yet. At least as a starter that is.

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Are you still sticking by those words? Gaither looked pretty damn bad out there. He's obviously not ready for the NFL yet. At least as a starter that is.

Lets not be too critical of Gaither, I mean for a Supplemental pick to be starting right now is a combination of need as well as his talent and commitment to learning. He's very raw right now but still is very impressive considering how short of a time he's been with the team. He's shown a lot of flashes of potential and has exceeded my expectations as of yet. We definitely got a steal in getting him and I'm really excited to see him in the future as our center piece LT. Of course with all that I'll be much happier when JO and Adam Terry are healthy.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-14-2007, 10:35 PM

What did Gaither do that was bad? He out performed Marshall Yanda, he outperformed basically every performance Yanda has had all year. Why are you not calling out Yanda?

dcarey20
10-15-2007, 06:50 PM
What did Gaither do that was bad? He out performed Marshall Yanda, he outperformed basically every performance Yanda has had all year. Why are you not calling out Yanda?

Hey man I love Gaither as well, but I have to say that his performance against the Rams dissapointed me. I felt Yanda was better, doesn't mean he was that great though. Gaither was getting pushed back alot, I can remember one play when Willis was crushed right after he got the ball because Gaither's man just bullied him. You can't be too upset with it though, even with all the talent he's extremely raw at this point. Not to mention that he against guys like James Hall and Leonard Little, who were both really impressive.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Hey man I love Gaither as well, but I have to say that his performance against the Rams dissapointed me. I felt Yanda was better, doesn't mean he was that great though. Gaither was getting pushed back alot, I can remember one play when Willis was crushed right after he got the ball because Gaither's man just bullied him. You can't be too upset with it though, even with all the talent he's extremely raw at this point. Not to mention that he against guys like James Hall and Leonard Little, who were both really impressive.

I wasn't trying to make it sound like Gaither played great, because personally I thought all 5 members of the OL should have donated their game checks to me because they sucked on sunday. But hopefully this experience is gonna make them get better week by week.

Troj2man
10-15-2007, 09:12 PM

Again Yanda has been very solid so far this season. There's a reason why Mcgahee had most of his yards off the right side Sunday. Gaither looked absolutely lost out there. Leonard Little destroyed him numerous times. It just shows how Gaither is not yet ready to start in the NFL. He'll get better with time though. He's got Schobel to go up against @ Buffalo, he should be able to hold his own.

I wasn't trying to make it sound like Gaither played great, because personally I thought all 5 members of the OL should have donated their game checks to me because they sucked on sunday. But hopefully this experience is gonna make them get better week by week.

I wouldn't say all 5 members of the OL looked bad. Grubbs looked like a beast out there. I would say 4 of them looked pretty bad. The worst IMO was Chris Chester. He looked real bad at center.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-15-2007, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't say all 5 members of the OL looked bad. Grubbs looked like a beast out there. I would say 4 of them looked pretty bad. The worst IMO was Chris Chester. He looked real bad at center.

That is a real concern, Spencer Folau said on the play that got Boller blindsided and fumbling that Chester made the wrong call and had Gaither going to the DT and McGahee on Little alone. Now how Folau knew that is beyond me unless he is on the sidelin and I dont know it, but thats what he said on NST today. Never the less safe to say Chris Chester has been the most disappointing OLman on the team, I mean he looked terrible at RG and has looked worse at C. Thats beginning to look like a mistake pick although its still early.

Yung Flippa
10-16-2007, 09:25 PM
I'd rather have Matt Ryan then Woodson.

Really? Matt Ryan over Andre Woodson?
Andre has thrown like 3 interceptions in his last 1038382 passes!
Pretty sure that Ryan hasn't done that.

BigDawg819
10-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Really? Matt Ryan over Andre Woodson?
Andre has thrown like 3 interceptions in his last 1038382 passes!
Pretty sure that Ryan hasn't done that.

Matt Ryan is the more polished QB IMO. He's been a very good QB for Boston College for a few years now and I think his game translates very well to the NFL. Andre Woodson may just be a product of Kentucky's system.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Matt Ryan is the more polished QB IMO. He's been a very good QB for Boston College for a few years now and I think his game translates very well to the NFL. Andre Woodson may just be a product of Kentucky's system.

Ryan is so inconsistent and throws to many bad passes and picks, but it's all relative since we won't be in position to get either really although we have an outside shot in the 3rd QB of Ryan, Woodson, and Brohm if we pick in the mid teens.

BigDawg819
10-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Ryan is so inconsistent and throws to many bad passes and picks, but it's all relative since we won't be in position to get either really although we have an outside shot in the 3rd QB of Ryan, Woodson, and Brohm if we pick in the mid teens.

I agree its all speculation since all 3 will be gone by the time we pick but if we did have a shot I'd want Ryan over Woodson. I like Matt Ryan and his game and I feel he will be the better pro QB. Likely though we go with another defensive prospect but it wouldn't shock me to see us pull the trigger on a WR who may slip.

Yung Flippa
10-16-2007, 09:45 PM
If we do get a WR, our trio would be pretty good of Clayton-Williams-1st Round Wideout.
But I really think that the coaches know we need a Cornerback to replace C-Mac.

BigDawg819
10-16-2007, 09:49 PM
If we do get a WR, our trio would be pretty good of Clayton-Williams-1st Round Wideout.
But I really think that the coaches know we need a Cornerback to replace C-Mac.

Replace CMac? Umm where's he going? He's locked up long term.

Troj2man
10-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Replace CMac? Umm where's he going? He's locked up long term.

Yeah Cmac isn't going anywhere. He has at least 3-4 good years left at CB. After that he's already said that he's going to move to safety. He has the ability to play well into his late 30's

SeanTaylorRIP
10-17-2007, 08:55 AM
I think you mean replace Samari.

Yung Flippa
10-17-2007, 06:14 PM
My fault, I did mean Samari, I wasn't thinking when I posted that.